PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Weeden: Big 12 South Champion

OK2U
3/4/2011, 03:43 PM
Poted this on his twitter, as per ESPN:
WTF???
http://twitter.com/#!/bweeden3/status/43405791960633344 (http://twitter.com/#%21/bweeden3/status/43405791960633344)
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg611/scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=5m5nf.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

KantoSooner
3/4/2011, 03:45 PM
could you post if you still have? I'm seeing only 'post removed' message.

yankee
3/4/2011, 03:45 PM
Wow. No words. Typical aggy.

tcrb
3/4/2011, 03:47 PM
He forgot the *

oudanny
3/4/2011, 03:47 PM
Must have just gotten his ring.

yankee
3/4/2011, 03:48 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/i2rgnm.jpg

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 03:49 PM
It's been flying around for a couple of days now.

I wouldn't expect anything less pathetic from Stoolwater

EatLeadCommie
3/4/2011, 03:54 PM
Wow. Seriously? Did the aTm aggies do anything this stupid? They did beat both reps in the BXII championship game, so maybe they went full retard and got a BXII Champs ring made...

AlboSooner
3/4/2011, 03:58 PM
Didn't they finish below us? Isn't the South winner the one who represents the South in the Big 12 title game?

What's oike lite's rationale by doing this?

LRoss
3/4/2011, 03:59 PM
I say congrats to them. They might have always wanted to know what it felt like to land in the 51st percentile of the SAT's.

jumperstop
3/4/2011, 03:59 PM
Didn't they finish below us? Isn't the South winner the one who represents the South in the Big 12 title game?

I have no problem with the ring, except the left off "co". Makes them look aggie though, that's for sure.

Straz1999
3/4/2011, 04:00 PM
Who cares, that ring looks retarded.

AlboSooner
3/4/2011, 04:01 PM
I have no problem with the ring, except the left off "co". Makes them look aggie though, that's for sure.

So they made a ring because they were in a three way tie for the South? I shouldn't be surprised as this is typical aggie stuff, but I don't understand the reason behind it.

tcrb
3/4/2011, 04:02 PM

Except they weren't co-champions. The University or Oklahoma was the Big XII South Champion.

jumperstop
3/4/2011, 04:04 PM
Ya give em a break, that's about as close as they'll ever get. And it's laughable by sooner fans so it's ok with me.

Soonerfan88
3/4/2011, 04:09 PM
Except they weren't co-champions. The University or Oklahoma was the Big XII South Champion.

Yes, they were co-champions of the South along with OU & aTm and got a trophy from the conference for it. OU simply won the tie-breaker to play in the championship game. Therefore, OU is co-champion of the South and overall Big XII champion.

What makes this aggie is giving out a ring for a divisional championship. Those should be reserved for national & conference championships and in bowl goodie bags.

Aldebaran
3/4/2011, 04:17 PM
The only thing to do here is laugh at them. Anything else is too much effort.

Bxbysooner
3/4/2011, 04:27 PM
Someone should reply on twitter....i would just be embarrassed to except that if i was them...a ring really for that

JLEW1818
3/4/2011, 04:27 PM
so you can be a co-divison champ, but an outright conference champ

lame...

we won the south, and the big 12

deal with it

yankee
3/4/2011, 04:33 PM
Someone should reply on twitter....i would just be embarrassed to except that if i was them...a ring really for that

I just did. Let's see if he responds.

badger
3/4/2011, 04:40 PM
OK, I know Weeden is old and everything, but if no Poke is nice enough of tell him, I will:

Brandon buddy, your ring's on upside down. Here's your hand upright:
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zn7h3a.png

Hehe, the OSU logo looks virtually the same upsidedown [hairGel]

OULenexaman
3/4/2011, 04:49 PM
So they made a ring because they were in a three way tie for the South? I shouldn't be surprised as this is typical aggie stuff, but I don't understand the reason behind it.

I don't get it either.:confused:

badger
3/4/2011, 04:51 PM
I apologize to Weeden - his ring actually is right-side up if he wants to do this all of the time:
http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jimmy-clausen.jpg

:stunned:

B1rd
3/4/2011, 04:55 PM
Accept

OULenexaman
3/4/2011, 04:56 PM
I apologize to Weeden - his ring actually is right-side up if he wants to do this and of the time:
http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jimmy-clausen.jpg

:stunned: That is one gay looking picture.:eek:

KantoSooner
3/4/2011, 05:03 PM
you beat me to it. I think a bank robber mask might be in order.

3rdgensooner
3/4/2011, 05:05 PM
I would like to thank OSU for providing me a much needed laugh today.

There is just so much awesomeness here.

OULenexaman
3/4/2011, 05:08 PM
you beat me to it. I think a bank robber mask might be in order. Off to the fark board!! :D :pop:

OUthunder
3/4/2011, 05:13 PM
I should get mine from OU any day now, since they give em to anyone.

Whatever stoopid old*** aggie.

OU_Sooners75
3/4/2011, 05:37 PM

Technically they are co-Big 12 South Champions. So were we and A&M. We got the nod because of the higher BCS ranking.

DarrellZero
3/4/2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.awardsco.com/images/upload/items/RIB1-PAR.jpg

Look what I won, mommy!

Flagstaffsooner
3/4/2011, 05:56 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zn7h3a.png

Must be hard for him to pick his nose with that big gawdy thing on.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/4/2011, 06:01 PM
Co-South winners? Yep....I don't seem to recall OU players getting divisional rings though..

Caboose
3/4/2011, 06:01 PM
Yes, they were co-champions of the South along with OU & aTm and got a trophy from the conference for it. OU simply won the tie-breaker to play in the championship game. Therefore, OU is co-champion of the South and overall Big XII champion.

I get what you are saying... but it's still wrong. And the conference iw wrong too. There was a tie-breaker, which means it was not tied, therefore there were no co-champions. If a game is tied after 4 quarters then one team goes on to win in overtime we don't say both teams were co-winners. The team that broke the tie won. Period.

instigator
3/4/2011, 06:11 PM
Texas would do this. They have division titles listed on their the football semi that they drive to all the games. I checked ours and only saw real trophies. :)

badger
3/4/2011, 06:14 PM
What I don't get is they finally get a respectable bowl win... their first since the Insight I think... and all their rings this year can say is BIG 12 SOUTH CHAMPIONS. Is winning the Alamo Bowl really not that noteworthy?

badger
3/4/2011, 06:15 PM
I checked ours and only saw real trophies. :)

Well... sort of, I guess:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/2555233.jpeg

AlboSooner
3/4/2011, 06:18 PM
Technically they are co-Big 12 South Champions. So were we and A&M. We got the nod because of the higher BCS ranking.

I thought when presented with a tie, then the rule decided the winner. There can be only one winner of the South, hence the participation in the Big 12 title game. Maybe I am seeing this with my crimson colored glasses.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 06:24 PM
I get what you are saying... but it's still wrong. And the conference iw wrong too. There was a tie-breaker, which means it was not tied, therefore there were no co-champions. If a game is tied after 4 quarters then one team goes on to win in overtime we don't say both teams were co-winners. The team that broke the tie won. Period.

I get the distaste, but that's not a good analogy. The single tie game didn't stop until someone won. With a division tie breaker, all games have completed and we have 3 teams that are 1-1 against the other 2. The BCS tie breaker doesn't say who won, just who is best suited to move on to the CCG. I have no issue with the co-division winner thing in this case as it truly is a circular tie. On the north side, I see it differently. Ubben says that both NU and MU got division trophies, but the tie breaker there was determined on the field. Not a big deal, but that seems different to me.

sooner ngintunr
3/4/2011, 06:30 PM
IMO, there is only one Division Champion in any given year. There may be a tie for first place but only one team is (should be) declared the Champion and they go on to the Conference Championship game.

If you don't play for the Conference Championship, you didn't win your division. IMO.

Oh yeah, and Weedens a tool. According to most of his tweets at least.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 06:39 PM
IMO, there should be only one Division Champ in any given year. There may be a tie for first place but only one team is declared the Champion and they go on to the Conference Championship game.

Fixed.

go4eight
3/4/2011, 07:41 PM
I guess if you can"t actually win a championship on the field,then you have to play make-believe!!Anyway 20 years from now all the Cowgirls will be seetting around telling all the little cowterds about the championship that was"nt..Go Sooners!!!!!!!!!

jersey sooner
3/4/2011, 07:44 PM
It must be a really tough life being an Oklahoma State fan.

tcrb
3/4/2011, 07:46 PM

This^

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 08:05 PM
I don't get why everyone is so hurt that we were co-division champs - we were by definition. The fact we got the tie breaker to be the team to go to the CCG to represent the south does not mean we won. It was an arbitrary method put in place by the conference. The big10 has used a rule that the team that has gone the longest since going to the Rose bowl would get the nod to go in case of such a tie. That method is just as valid, but certainly does not declare a winner. We were fortunate to get the tie breaker and I see no shame in that whatsoever. Had one of the other teams gone, I would not have bitched and moaned about.

JLEW1818
3/4/2011, 08:27 PM
I don't get why everyone is so hurt that we were co-division champs - we were by definition. The fact we got the tie breaker to be the team to go to the CCG to represent the south does not mean we won. It was an arbitrary method put in place by the conference. The big10 has used a rule that the team that has gone the longest since going to the Rose bowl would get the nod to go in case of such a tie. That method is just as valid, but certainly does not declare a winner. We were fortunate to get the tie breaker and I see no shame in that whatsoever. Had one of the other teams gone, I would not have bitched and moaned about.

i don't think the big10 is a good example. they were all in the same "divison."

OU actually won a "championship" game. We went a step further. Had we lost the big 12 championship game, i would still consider us South Champs.

That's why having a championship game is 100% the way to go.

jumperstop
3/4/2011, 08:35 PM

I thought it came down to bcs ranking this year. Is that cause msu didn't play tosu?

Sooner74
3/4/2011, 08:43 PM
Who cares, we won a BCS game anyway. Way better than a South Champion ring

JLEW1818
3/4/2011, 08:43 PM
it came down to bcs rankings this year.

it came down to bcs rankings in 2008 also.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 08:44 PM
I thought it came down to bcs ranking this year. Is that cause msu didn't play tosu?

I believe they changed the rule as the mighty BCS has become so important. Previously, they wanted to give schools outside of tOSU and Michigan a shot every once in a while and the Rose Bowl was *the* goal for the big10.

JLEW1818
3/4/2011, 08:45 PM
Who cares, we won a BCS game anyway. Way better than a South Champion ring

I still think a big 12 championship means more than a BCS runner up bowl win.

There's the National Title Game.... and then everything else is a exhibition game.

I'm being pretty picky.. hehe.

Sooner74
3/4/2011, 08:51 PM
I still think a big 12 championship means more than a BCS runner up bowl win.

There's the National Title Game.... and then everything else is a exhibition game.

I'm being pretty picky.. hehe.

I'd take it all, just to not be an aggie. That has to be a pretty miserable existence.

JLEW1818
3/4/2011, 08:52 PM
:D agree

yermom
3/4/2011, 09:00 PM
the conference record determines the conference/division champs. all the tie breakers do is tell who plays in the bowl game or conference championship game

OSU can claim the co-championship just like Texas did in 2002 and 2008

they have to hold on to something, it's the closest they have been to winning the conference since the were co-champs in '76

picasso
3/4/2011, 09:16 PM
Wannabes.

sooner ngintunr
3/4/2011, 09:22 PM
The rules state that only one Big 12 South Champion gets to play in the Conference Championship. The other two Champions may buy rings and get free twitter accounts. Brilliant!

CowboyMRW
3/4/2011, 09:49 PM
While it was pretty weak, I was informed that the Big 12 provided the rings, so not sense in turning down free stuff. So now, everyone but Baylor has a ring.

sooner59
3/4/2011, 11:12 PM
While it was pretty weak, I was informed that the Big 12 provided the rings, so not sense in turning down free stuff. So now, everyone but Baylor has a ring.

While I can understand that, I think the main thing is that it was weak to flashing it and talking it up on twitter. Just accept it, put it up, and focus on bigger things. I would be getting ready for that A&M game if I were him. That will be a huge game for OSU in 2011.

Flying Scotsman
3/4/2011, 11:59 PM
So, what will it be worth at a pawn shop?

CowboyMRW
3/5/2011, 01:44 AM
In our defense it is a pretty big deal for us. While it may look pathetic, it also displays a new chapter in our books. Go ahead and laugh at our celebration of 11-2. It was an amazing season for us. Yes we were disappointed to lose to yall this year, but hopefully we'll be right back there next year. I fully expect it to come down to that game again next year. We don't have the history that yall or Texas or Alabama do so please cut us some slack and let us celebrate such a trivial thing. Also, we did beat AnM which allowed yall to get into the Big 12 CCG so can we get some congratulations? :D :D

We may never win a championship but I still bleed orange. To those that say it must suck to be a Cowboy fan, it really doesn't. There is a lot to our school that we are very proud of. That's what makes different colleges so unique and fun, that everyone is different. I've bled orange since I was little. That, combined with me wanting to get my degree in engineering, made it a very easy choice to attend OSU. I camp out for every basketball and football game and when I graduate in May, I will look back on these years and the people I've got to meet, and the experiences I've had, and remember as some of the greatest times of my life.

thurman murman
3/5/2011, 01:53 AM
In our defense it is a pretty big deal for us. While it may look pathetic, it also displays a new chapter in our books. Go ahead and laugh at our celebration of 11-2. It was an amazing season for us. Yes we were disappointed to lose to yall this year, but hopefully we'll be right back there next year. I fully expect it to come down to that game again next year. We don't have the history that yall or Texas or Alabama do so please cut us some slack and let us celebrate such a trivial thing. Also, we did beat AnM which allowed yall to get into the Big 12 CCG so can we get some congratulations? :D :D

We may never win a championship but I still bleed orange. To those that say it must suck to be a Cowboy fan, it really doesn't. There is a lot to our school that we are very proud of. That's what makes different colleges so unique and fun, that everyone is different. I've bled orange since I was little. That, combined with me wanting to get my degree in engineering, made it a very easy choice to attend OSU. I camp out for every basketball and football game and when I graduate in May, I will look back on these years and the people I've got to meet, and the experiences I've had, and remember as some of the greatest times of my life.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/landsberger2/Joseph-Ducreux-riveting-tale-ol-chap.jpg

BoulderSooner79
3/5/2011, 02:33 AM
That, combined with me wanting to get my degree in engineering, made it a very easy choice to attend OSU.

Coming out of HS, my father wanted me to go to OSU because they had a higher rated engineering school. He said OU was the drug school. So of course, I chose OU. I did well enough to finish at the top of my engineering class at OU and go on to graduate school at Stanford, so OU didn't turn out that bad for me. Never did find those drugs, though.

And CowboyMRW, congrats on beating that rugged aTm team and putting us into the CCG so we could get that next big12 trophy!! :D:D

instigator
3/5/2011, 03:50 AM
Well... sort of, I guess:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/2555233.jpeg

You don't agree?

Here is Texas truck:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5269/img0388ev.jpg

swardboy
3/5/2011, 09:39 AM
Will spring practice ever get here?

jumperstop
3/5/2011, 10:03 AM
You don't agree?

Here is Texas truck:

We get a trophy for winning the south? So we have 8 of those too?

Breadburner
3/5/2011, 10:18 AM
Other teams have to suck for OSU to have a great year....

Soonerjeepman
3/5/2011, 10:33 AM
Co-South winners? Yep....I don't seem to recall OU players getting divisional rings though..

good question...did OU guys get a South Championship ring....or just the Big 12 Champions?...

instigator
3/5/2011, 10:52 AM
We get a trophy for winning the south? So we have 8 of those too?

That was my original question when I saw that. I had no idea there was a trophy for it. Nice that we don't have to worry about those. :D

JLEW1818
3/5/2011, 11:07 AM
we got 3 rings this year. 1 for the south, 1 for the big 12 championship, and 1 for fiesta

... :)

Soonerjeepman
3/5/2011, 11:53 AM
we got 3 rings this year. 1 for the south, 1 for the big 12 championship, and 1 for fiesta

... :)

cool...I don't blame osu for getting them..nor a/m...that was a nice accomplishment..obviously we got 3 though!!

badger
3/5/2011, 12:08 PM
You don't agree?

Here is Texas truck:

I said "sort of" because they haven't always issued crystal footballs for national titles... so while we have seven national titles, it is sort of deceiving to have seven crystal footballs... I'm not complaining, someone just said something like "fake trophies" or something like that :O

As for Texas' truck.. nothing like displaying a defunct trophy, eh? Perhaps that is why OSU wanted to put it on a ring - there might never be another Big 12 South championship to award (or co-award).

JLEW1818
3/5/2011, 12:36 PM
11:36 A.M.

horns still suck at life

5-7

Sooner74
3/5/2011, 12:57 PM
I like crystal. It is a great set piece in the middle of the thanksgiving table. Or at least that is what I think Bob would say :)

bri
3/5/2011, 01:04 PM
The irony is that this thread is almost as aggy as making co-division championship rings.

Sooner74
3/5/2011, 01:22 PM
The irony is that this thread is almost as aggy as making co-division championship rings.

I don't like you and the fact you wanted to be an Aggy and try to bring us down. You should know that doesn't work. It's the off season, have a heart.

instigator
3/5/2011, 01:23 PM
I said "sort of" because they haven't always issued crystal footballs for national titles... so while we have seven national titles, it is sort of deceiving to have seven crystal footballs... I'm not complaining, someone just said something like "fake trophies" or something like that :O

Totally agree about that actually. Definitely a little misleading.

Breadburner
3/5/2011, 01:28 PM

You mean like TU Hurricane fans wearing Boise St. shirts at the TU/OU game......???

silverwheels
3/5/2011, 01:55 PM
I like how he wants to get another Big 12 South Champions ring, when starting next year and going on for the foreseeable future, there will be no Big 12 South. So good luck with that, champ.

Sooner74
3/5/2011, 01:59 PM
I like how he wants to get another Big 12 South Champions ring, when starting next year and going on for the foreseeable future, there will be no Big 12 South. So good luck with that, champ.

Shhh! That was the plan. He wouldn't have ever figured that riddle out.

BoulderSooner79
3/5/2011, 02:17 PM
It's a win for us there will be no more south division trophies. Those get stuffed at the very back of the trophy case where it's *extremely* hard to reach when it's time to dust. The maintenance staff is relieved.

Jason
3/5/2011, 03:19 PM
Props to Soonerpsycho for this:

http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/osucchampionshipringwhistle.gif

jkjsooner
3/5/2011, 03:29 PM

What makes this aggie is giving out a ring for a divisional championship. Those should be reserved for national & conference championships and in bowl goodie bags.

I have no problem with OSU's recognition of co-Big 12 South championships. In a 3 way tie scenario all are deserving. Getting rings for a divisional championship (even if outright) is laughable but then again I suppose since you can't pay players you have to give them the extras every time the NCAA allows it. (Do the players have to pay for the rings?)

This is a whole lot better than the years Texas claimed it when a simple head-to-head picked the winner. As I see it, those are not ties - even if they're part of the official Big 12 tie-breaker rules. (I'd put head to head outside of the tie-breaker rules myself.)

GDC
3/5/2011, 08:35 PM
This is why I can't hate them like I do Texas. Aggies are just too amusing, and yet at the same time pathetic and easy to ignore.

Leroy Lizard
3/5/2011, 08:54 PM

That was awesome!

OK2U
3/5/2011, 09:26 PM
Trent Ratterree on twitter just minutes ago:

Osu got big 12 south championship rings.... they didn't win anything. #wedid

JLEW1818
3/5/2011, 10:43 PM
Trent Ratterree on twitter just minutes ago:

that is great!!!!!

OK2U
3/5/2011, 10:59 PM
you can see the actual post on his twitter page here:
http://twitter.com/#!/trent_ratterree
I'll let David post a screen cap of the post...

Piware
3/6/2011, 11:23 PM
Seriously lame. I thought horse shoes and hand grenades were the only circumstances where "close" might do the job.

On second thought, keep the rings and change that gaudy mess in the middle to WAW (pronounced like WAAAH!) There are serious fark possibilities here. LOL!

SoonerNutt
3/7/2011, 11:18 AM
So, what will it be worth at a pawn shop?

Once the pawn shop owner looks at the records for 2010, he'll know it's a fake, and it'll only be worth the gold-plating and zirconia that it's probably made from.

TahoeSOONER
3/7/2011, 11:28 AM
Congrats on the great season pokes and thanks for beating A&M.

Jacie
3/7/2011, 12:07 PM
Once the pawn shop owner looks at the records for 2010, he'll know it's a fake, and it'll only be worth the gold-plating and zirconia that it's probably made from.

I thought maybe it was made from unobtainium . . .

Mad Dog Madsen
3/7/2011, 12:20 PM
OMG that is absolutely pathetic...

Soonerwake
3/7/2011, 03:47 PM
Stupid is as stupid does...

picasso
3/7/2011, 04:13 PM
He's no Brandon Weeden.

soonerrecruiter
3/7/2011, 04:50 PM
So its like your kids soccer team; You don't want anyone left out so everybody gets an award/trophy (or ring in this case)...

WestLakeHillsSooner
3/7/2011, 05:11 PM
"Now that's Aggie".

Typical.

Flagstaffsooner
3/8/2011, 03:27 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-coach-bob-stoops-takes-jab-at-oklahoma-state/article/3546938?custom_click=lead_story_title

Outopia
3/8/2011, 04:48 PM
I camp out for every basketball and football game and when I graduate in May, I will look back on these years and the people I've got to meet, and the experiences I've had, and remember as some of the greatest times of my life.

What are you camping out for? You can walk up at game time and buy a ticket for any OSU Basketball, or Football game (except for Holders Bush League pathetic Premium Game scheme). Do you get lonely camping out? Do you just like to camp out on school property? This reminds me of the commercial about the two guys camping outside a store waiting for some product, only to find out they can just walk in and buy it.[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] :stunned:

GDC
3/8/2011, 07:57 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-coach-bob-stoops-takes-jab-at-oklahoma-state/article/3546938?custom_click=lead_story_title

That is awesome.

jumperstop
3/8/2011, 08:27 PM
What are you camping out for? You can walk up at game time and buy a ticket for any OSU Basketball, or Football game (except for Holders Bush League pathetic Premium Game scheme). Do you get lonely camping out? Do you just like to camp out on school property? This reminds me of the commercial about the two guys camping outside a store waiting for some product, only to find out they can just walk in and buy it.[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] :stunned:

It was Raisin' Brand Crunch

mightysooner
3/8/2011, 09:04 PM

HaHa! Now that right there is pure comedic genius.

CowboyMRW
3/8/2011, 10:14 PM

For football we regularly had 40-50 tents. At 10 people a tent that's quite a few students that are invested that much in our team. It's all for fun, and I like to get them front row seats. Plus some of my best friends are people that I've met while camping out.

I've sat in the same seats since my freshman year in GIA so there are 5 tents that camp out and it's the same 5 people that just go get there seats. We may not have been very good but the players love it and we've got to do a lot of cool things. Rick Barnes loves when we are out there. He brings us pizza and stuff.

Again, maybe I don't have to camp out and I can sit somewhere where I can get a view of the field, but I do it for the memories.

badger
3/8/2011, 10:15 PM
It's cool. good to see the pokes have dedicated fans too.

Outopia
3/9/2011, 01:15 PM
For football (,) we regularly had 40-50 tents. At 10 people a tent (,) that's quite a few students that are invested that much in our team. It's all for fun, and I like to get them (those) front row seats. Plus (,) some of my best friends are people that I've met while camping out.

I've sat in the same seats since my freshman year in GIA (,) so there are 5 tents that camp out (,) and it's the same 5 people that just go get there (their) seats. We may not have been very good (,) but the players love it (,) and we've got (gotten) to do a lot of cool things. Rick Barnes loves when we are out there. He brings us pizza and stuff.

Again, maybe I don't have to camp out (,) and I can sit somewhere where I can get a view of the field, but I do it for the memories.

You're really in college? Really? :stunned: I'll just guess that you're an Ag Major, or Fire Fighting Major, and not an English Major, or some other real college major? You really are in college, huh? Maybe, you should spend more time studying, and less time going to Basketball games, going to Football games, eating Rick Barnes pizza, "camping out", and making "memories".:pop:

I'm seldom one to correct grammar on a message board, but come on. For a poster to proudly claim they are currently a college student at OSU, then fire off a post like this? Way to represent. :eek:

CowboyMRW
3/9/2011, 01:26 PM
You're really in college? Really? :stunned: I'll just guess that you're an Ag Major, or Fire Fighting Major, and not an English Major, or some other real college major? You really are in college, huh? Maybe, you should spend more time studying, and less time going to Basketball games, going to Football games, eating Rick Barnes pizza, "camping out", and making "memories".:pop:

I'm seldom one to correct grammar on a message board, but come on. For a poster to proudly claim they are currently a college student at OSU, then fire off a post like this? Way to represent. :eek:

My bad. Didn't know I was writing a dissertation that requires everything to be correct. I'm doing just fine though thank you. I got a 3.3 gpa in mechanical engineering so I'm doing fine. plus i just got a good internship with halliburton as a field engineer this summer so I'm not really worried about what a random guy says just because I go to a different school

Outopia
3/9/2011, 02:52 PM
My bad. Didn't know I was writing a dissertation that requires everything to be correct. I'm doing just fine though thank you. I got a 3.3 gpa in mechanical engineering so I'm doing fine. plus i just got a good internship with halliburton as a field engineer this summer so I'm not really worried about what a random guy says just because I go to a different school

OOOOOOOOOO, struck a nerve here.[hairGel]

3.3 GPA (capitalized, by the way) should be considered good in a school that allows such low standards? Isn't that akin to being the tallest midget in the circus? Oh, and Haliburton should be capitalized too. You, might want to try to learn how to spell Haliburton first (It only has one "L"), before you start your internship there. They might frown on that. You should be able to squeeze in some time to do that, in between all of those fun camp-outs and pizza parties.

You "go to a different school"? Who knew? This "random guy" doesn't go to school any longer.

How could I ever have thought to criticize such an amazing intellect as yours? Tell me, Mister Joe (still in) College 3.3 gpa(sic) in Mechanical Engineering, with an internship to a company that he can't even spell the name of (We only have your word on all of this, by the way), what was I thinking?

Love and Kisses,

"a random guy"

P.S.-- Sorry, if I hurt your feelings, or made you look bad, by pointing out your many mistakes. You know, the whole shoot the messenger, because you don't like the message thing. :cry:

P.P.S.-- Some people know when it is wise to cut their losses. We'll soon see if you are one, or the other.:pop:

A Sooner in Texas
3/9/2011, 08:42 PM

3.3 GPA (capitalized, by the way) should be considered good in a school that allows such low standards? Isn't that akin to being the tallest midget in the circus? Oh, and Haliburton should be capitalized too. You, might want to try to learn how to spell Haliburton first (It only has one "L"), before you start your internship there. They might frown on that. You should be able to squeeze in some time to do that, in between all of those fun camp-outs and pizza parties.

You "go to a different school"? Who knew? This "random guy" doesn't go to school any longer.

How could I ever have thought to criticize such an amazing intellect as yours? Tell me, Mister Joe (still in) College 3.3 gpa(sic) in Mechanical Engineering, with an internship to a company that he can't even spell the name of (We only have your word on all of this, by the way), what was I thinking?

Love and Kisses,

"a random guy"

P.S.-- Sorry, if I hurt your feelings, or made you look bad, by pointing out your many mistakes. You know, the whole shoot the messenger, because you don't like the message thing. :cry:

P.P.S.-- Some people know when it is wise to cut their losses. We'll soon see if you are one, or the other.:pop:

Really, punctuation and grammar smack is the best you can do? You're still fairly new here, n00b, but none of us minds CowboyMRW. He's usually pretty cool. If he weren't, he wouldn't be posting.

Try to calm down a little, ok?

Collier11
3/9/2011, 08:50 PM
There is no such thing as a cool or even kinda cool aggy, having said that, CowboyMRW is pretty not horrible :D and yes, spelling and punctuation smack on a message board is weak

sooner ngintunr
3/9/2011, 09:05 PM
Weakest sauce I've seen in awhile. Or is it a while?:rolleyes:

A P.S. and a P.P.S.? LMAO. Thats gotta be a first.

sooner ngintunr
3/9/2011, 09:11 PM
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1378976/gallery_photo

This thread needed some substance.

Outopia
3/9/2011, 10:06 PM
Really, punctuation and grammar smack is the best you can do? You're still fairly new here, n00b, but none of us minds CowboyMRW. He's usually pretty cool. If he weren't, he wouldn't be posting.

Try to calm down a little, ok?

Not a "nOOb". You've been a member of this board about 6 weeks longer than I have. I did post a disclaimer that I don't usually post about grammar, etc, etc. Maybe you missed that. Feel free to review this thread, and all of my previous posts going back to October '07, if you doubt my veracity.

If you will bother to go back and read my original post, you will see that grammar never came into it. I see it all of the time, and I have never been compelled to point it out before. I was just shocked to see such an apparent lack of basic English skills, in his reply to me, from someone that was supposed to be currently in college.:eek:

He would have never made it through the courses I took at OU. My professors gleaned Blue Books for any, and all, grammar/spelling mistakes, like they were English Professors. This was the case, even though they were History, and Business faculty. Nothing new here. I have noticed, over the years, that many former (and current) OSU students often seemed to have missed out on this discipline.

You must admit, that anyone who boasts of having a 3.3 GPA with a college major of Mechanical Engineering, should at least be able to know when to use there, their, and they're. At the very least, they should also know how to spell Haliburton, when they claim to have an internship lined up there. WTF???That's pretty bad.

Of course, I'm no Cowboy lover, Especially if said cowboy has over 1100 posts on an OU board, and only been a member for about a year-and-a-half. That's obsession.:stunned:

Sooner ngintunr, I guess you never sent many letters by the old method of snail mail. P.S., and P.P.S. are correct, though seldom used. It was drilled into me in school. Just so you'll know, in this case, it was used for emphasis. You know, a motif? Maybe, you don't.;)

Just let me have my fun with a few aggies[hairGel] , and whorns:mack:. I won't hurt your pet ones. I promise. I'll leave you Ag lovers to carry on his absentee defense. I'm going to finish watching the Womens game. I just finished watching the men take down Baylor.

Carry on.:pop:

A Sooner in Texas
3/9/2011, 10:11 PM
Not a "nOOb". You've been a member of this board about 6 weeks longer than I have. I did post a disclaimer that I don't usually post about grammar, etc, etc. Maybe you missed that. Feel free to review this thread, and all of my previous posts going back to October '07, if you doubt my veracity.

If you will bother to go back and read my original post, you will see that grammar never came into it. I see it all of the time, and I have never been compelled to point it out before. I was just shocked to see such an apparent lack of basic English skills, in his reply to me, from someone that was supposed to be currently in college.:eek:

He would have never made it through the courses I took at OU. My professors gleaned Blue Books for any, and all, grammar/spelling mistakes, like they were English Professors. This was the case, even though they were History, and Business faculty. Nothing new here. I have noticed, over the years, that many former (and current) OSU students often seemed to have missed out on this discipline.

You must admit, that anyone who boasts of having a 3.3 GPA with a college major of Mechanical Engineering, should at least be able to know when to use there, their, and they're. At the very least, they should also know how to spell Haliburton, when they claim to have an internship lined up there. WTF???That's pretty bad.

Of course, I'm no Cowboy lover, Especially if said cowboy has over 1100 posts on an OU board, and only been a member for about a year-and-a-half. That's obsession.:stunned:

Sooner ngintunr, I guess you never sent many letters by the old method of snail mail. P.S., and P.P.S. are correct, though seldom used. It was drilled into me in school. Just so you'll know, in this case, it was used for emphasis. You know, a motif? Maybe, you don't.;)

Just let me have my fun with a few aggies[hairGel] , and whorns:mack:. I won't hurt your pet ones. I promise. I'll leave you Ag lovers to carry on his absentee defense. I'm going to finish watching the Womens game. I just finished watching the men take down Baylor.

Carry on.:pop:

How's that tiger blood you're drinkin', dude?

sooner ngintunr
3/9/2011, 10:55 PM
holy crap.

CowboyMRW
3/10/2011, 01:36 AM

Love and Kisses,

"a random guy"

Not to be a dick or show you up or anything but speaking of cutting losses, I have something that might interest you.

http://www.halliburton.com/
http://www.halliburton.com/careers/default.aspx?navid=2013&pageid=4209

Thanks and good night

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 01:41 AM
Has Weeden been Weeded?

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2011, 02:21 AM

Halliburton is God's company, so you need to capitalize it.

yermom
3/10/2011, 02:22 AM
will you get to meet Cheney?

KNEE BRACE
3/10/2011, 02:27 AM
I heard Gundy got them rings for their second place finish in Bedlam last year, too.

DarrellZero
3/10/2011, 03:53 AM
Life lesson: a disquisition on spelling should include proper spelling.

texaspokieokie
3/10/2011, 08:32 AM
don't know why people bad mouth Halliburton, a little company that originated in Duncan, been around forever.

CowboyMRW
3/10/2011, 09:09 AM
I'm not bad-mouthing them. I grew up in Duncan thanks to Halliburton. My father is senior project manager out there I believe (not sure of his official title). I was referencing the part where the dude kept calling me out for grammatical errors and then he told me Halliburton was spelled Haliburton (with one "L"). Obviously that's wrong.

And thanks Leroy. I'll cap it from now on

Outopia
3/10/2011, 12:43 PM
I'm not bad-mouthing them. I grew up in Duncan thanks to Halliburton. My father is senior project manager out there I believe (not sure of his official title). I was referencing the part where the dude kept calling me out for grammatical errors and then he told me Halliburton was spelled Haliburton (with one "L"). Obviously that's wrong.

You are correct. Halliburton is spelled with two "L's". I stand corrected. I got the improper spelling doing a google search. It came up first. My bad, and I apologize with humility.

Of course, we see how you got your "internship" to Halliburton. You know, the one you were so quick to trumpet like it was some kind "achievement" you had made, and were proud of :rolleyes:. Now, we learn the truth. Your "Daddy" :texan: is connected there. Maybe, your "Daddy":texan: is the one who should be here bragging about getting his son an internship there. While you are there, will you be working with dear old Dad?

Oh, and to correct your mis-characterization of the facts, and put you back on topic, I didn't start out "calling (you) out for grammatical errors" (though, I'm sure you took pride in all you had in such a short space). I called you out for being an fool to "camp out" to get tickets, to events that you can walk up to the window and buy, anytime. Maybe, you just decided to conveniently forget that little fact there, sonny boy.

Let me explain this to you in a more frank manner that you may not appreciate, or understand, today. Though, you might some day, when you are further along in life. When "Daddy" :texan: is footing your bills, and lining up your future for you:texan: (internship), I'm sure you have plenty of time to hang out with all your friends, under the stars, in a tent, holding hands, and singing "Kum By Ya". This, while "creating memories" (did you get all starry-eyed when you wrote that?) eating Rick Barnes pizza (That's some social life you have going there kid). While on "Daddys":texan: dime, socializing with other like minded, well cared for miscreants (you know that whole saying, about being born on third base), who think it is cool to camp out like they do at other schools (even though you can walk right up and buy the same ticket before every game). Yet, the real reason those kids at other schools camp out, is because they have to, because there is high demand, and limited numbers of tickets. You do understand, that dressing up like a Prom Queen, doesn't make you one? Right?

Now, I know I have hurt your feelings in this thread (more than once), and I have gotten off topic (I don't know, maybe I haven't, since I am still discussing the lengths OSU fans go to "feel" like they have relevance). Sometimes, we have to be cruel, to be kind ;).

CowboyMRW
3/10/2011, 02:15 PM
First off I qualified for it and went through all the interviews to get it without help. My field is different than his. I had excellent references thanks to the last 3 summers interning in Tulsa.

Secondly, getting most jobs isn't about what you know, it's who you know.

NormanPride
3/10/2011, 03:01 PM
What the hell is going on in here?

Fraggle145
3/10/2011, 03:08 PM
The Grammar Nazi showed up and harassed a poke. Everyone said grammar nazi you suck. Then the poke did too.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/10/2011, 03:12 PM
ocV5bGHdYag

Outopia
3/10/2011, 03:44 PM
"getting most jobs isn't about what you know, it's who you know."

Wow, at least you admit it. Self respect must not be an issue for you. We can all agree on that.

From you, we should believe that quote for sure too. I mean, you have had to go out and get so many jobs. You would know, with all of your vast experience. Right? :rolleyes:

You should be proud. Sounds like being born on third base, was just what a go-getter :twinkies: like you needed. How is it that you hit that triple again?:pop:

Maybe, they can have one of those ring thingys made for you too. Just like OSU's Football team. You know, where you don't really qualify for anything :twinkies: , or have to really accomplish anything (like you) :cry: to get one, but Daddy :texan: can buy you one.

One of these days, they're going to have to pry you off Daddy's :texan: teat with the Jaws of Life, sonny.

We-TownSooner
3/10/2011, 04:15 PM
Soo from grammar lessons to life lessons

Outopia
3/10/2011, 04:26 PM
Soo from grammar lessons to life lessons

Lotts of aggie love on this board, or is it aggie lovers.

bmjlr
3/10/2011, 04:45 PM
Wow, this thread went to he** in a toilet, or is it crap in a hand basket..oh nevermind.

bmjlr
3/10/2011, 04:50 PM
Lotts of aggie love on this board, or is it aggie lovers.

U shld drnk more, it may hlp as u seem a little constipated. Did I spell everything write (:D ) I mean right?

Fraggle145
3/10/2011, 04:55 PM
Wow, at least you admit it. Self respect must not be an issue for you. We can all agree on that.

From you, we should believe that quote for sure too. I mean, you have had to go out and get so many jobs. You would know, with all of your vast experience. Right? :rolleyes:

You should be proud. Sounds like being born on third base, was just what a go-getter :twinkies: like you needed. How is it that you hit that triple again?:pop:

Maybe, they can have one of those ring thingys made for you too. Just like OSU's Football team. You know, where you don't really qualify for anything :twinkies: , or have to really accomplish anything (like you) :cry: to get one, but Daddy :texan: can buy you one.

One of these days, they're going to have to pry you off Daddy's :texan: teat with the Jaws of Life, sonny.

You would think the grammar nazi would learn when things need a new paragraph.

Emoticons/smilies :texan: are :twinkies: awesome succs .

KantoSooner
3/10/2011, 05:38 PM
The Grammar Nazi showed up and harassed a poke. Everyone said grammar nazi you suck. Then the poke did too.

"...Amazing...powers...of observation"
-Pink Floyd

Bourbon St Sooner
3/10/2011, 06:04 PM
Can we get this away from OU fan dooshiness (and the guy is a doosh (intentionally misspelled)) and get back to making fun of aggie.

Gundy is just trying to catch up with Mack. Co-champ rings this year, fake championships with an * next year.

KNEE BRACE
3/10/2011, 06:44 PM
You are correct. Halliburton is spelled with two "L's". I stand corrected. I got the improper spelling doing a google search. It came up first. My bad, and I apologize with humility.

Of course, we see how you got your "internship" to Halliburton. You know, the one you were so quick to trumpet like it was some kind "achievement" you had made, and were proud of :rolleyes:. Now, we learn the truth. Your "Daddy" :texan: is connected there. Maybe, your "Daddy":texan: is the one who should be here bragging about getting his son an internship there. While you are there, will you be working with dear old Dad?

Oh, and to correct your mis-characterization of the facts, and put you back on topic, I didn't start out "calling (you) out for grammatical errors" (though, I'm sure you took pride in all you had in such a short space). I called you out for being an fool to "camp out" to get tickets, to events that you can walk up to the window and buy, anytime. Maybe, you just decided to conveniently forget that little fact there, sonny boy.

Let me explain this to you in a more frank manner that you may not appreciate, or understand, today. Though, you might some day, when you are further along in life. When "Daddy" :texan: is footing your bills, and lining up your future for you:texan: (internship), I'm sure you have plenty of time to hang out with all your friends, under the stars, in a tent, holding hands, and singing "Kum By Ya". This, while "creating memories" (did you get all starry-eyed when you wrote that?) eating Rick Barnes pizza (That's some social life you have going there kid). While on "Daddys":texan: dime, socializing with other like minded, well cared for miscreants (you know that whole saying, about being born on third base), who think it is cool to camp out like they do at other schools (even though you can walk right up and buy the same ticket before every game). Yet, the real reason those kids at other schools camp out, is because they have to, because there is high demand, and limited numbers of tickets. You do understand, that dressing up like a Prom Queen, doesn't make you one? Right?

Now, I know I have hurt your feelings in this thread (more than once), and I have gotten off topic (I don't know, maybe I haven't, since I am still discussing the lengths OSU fans go to "feel" like they have relevance). Sometimes, we have to be cruel, to be kind ;).

someone's a little jealous

tcrb
3/10/2011, 07:21 PM
someone's a little jealous

That's what I was thinking. I'm not trying to defend the aggie (he's doing a fine job of defending himself), but one can't help be see the anger and bitterness in Outop's posts and wonder what the source is. :confused:

CowboyMRW
3/10/2011, 10:42 PM
Can we get this away from OU fan dooshiness (and the guy is a doosh (intentionally misspelled)) and get back to making fun of aggie.

Gundy is just trying to catch up with Mack. Co-champ rings this year, fake championships with an * next year.

Yall think we're doing it big now, wait another hundred years until we actually win something.

Party's going down in Stillwater!! :D

texaspokieokie
3/11/2011, 07:57 AM

I thot it was obvious that i wasn't talking about you. you were certainly NOT
"bad mouthing" Halliburton.

the guy calling you out is obviously a "num nuts".

cleller
3/11/2011, 09:44 AM
Hey, remember when Brandon Weeden tweeted about his Big 12 South Tied With Half the Other Teams for Half a Conference Championship ring?

That was pretty funny. The ring looked stupid, too.

CowboyMRW
3/11/2011, 04:01 PM
I thot it was obvious that i wasn't talking about you. you were certainly NOT
"bad mouthing" Halliburton.

the guy calling you out is obviously a "num nuts".

I know you weren't. I wasn't really replying to your statement per se. I was just adding onto what you had said. It's all good.

KNEE BRACE
3/11/2011, 07:02 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/3005wfl.jpg

badger
3/11/2011, 07:33 PM
The best part about gray spek is that there's no color to it

A Sooner in Texas
3/11/2011, 10:39 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/3005wfl.jpg

Just so long as you're not whining about negative rep. But then I guess grey spek has no power.
:D

CowboyMRW
3/11/2011, 11:02 PM
Lol. What exactly is gray spek though?

Collier11
3/11/2011, 11:04 PM
spek that has no power

KNEE BRACE
3/12/2011, 12:36 AM
impotent spek

Eielson
3/12/2011, 12:41 AM
Who brags about being Big-XII South co-champs?

:confused:

KNEE BRACE
3/12/2011, 12:42 AM
Who brags about being Big-XII co-champs?

:confused:

If you've never been the actual champs, i'm sure it feels like quite an accomplishment.

cleller
3/12/2011, 08:40 AM
The truly pathetic part is you're talking about a field of 6 teams, and you share the top stop with 3 of them.

If that makes you feel entitled to a gaudy bauble, you're a loser.

stoopified
3/12/2011, 09:17 AM
just when you thought Stoolwater couldn't get moreaggy.