PDA

View Full Version : Pac-10 refs get theirs...

SoonerPr8r
3/4/2011, 11:31 AM
There are some videos to go along with the story here is the main link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-Days-of-reckoning-for-much-maligned-?urn=ncaaf-329120)

• The hatchet man can. As if expansion and the formation of a conference network wasn't proof enough, here's more evidence that Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott means business around here: After enduring years of a hard-earned reputation for incompetence, the conference is ditching 11 football officials who worked Pac-10 games last year in its transition to the Pac-12 this fall. The outgoing cast will be replaced 16 new officials from the Big 12, Mountain West and WAC, according to interim officiating coordinator Mike Pereira, whose mercenary mission in the role now seems perfectly clear. "I'm not saying [the officiating] was horrible, but it was not at the level that it deserved to be and that this conference deserves to have," he told the Seattle Times. "We felt like these 16 were better than the 11 that did not have their contracts renewed." On the bright side, some of the exiles will be asked to assist in replay booths, and there won't be any ax to grind with Pereira's permanent successor.

OK, here's one more, for the Husky fans:

I wonder if any coaches will get refunded on the fines they were hit with for complaining about officiating. Perhaps they will get a "one free complaint" voucher.

OU_Sooners75
3/4/2011, 11:33 AM
Oops...someone beat you to the punch!

SoonerPr8r
3/4/2011, 11:40 AM
delete me?

Mississippi Sooner
3/4/2011, 11:41 AM
delete me?

:D

OU_Sooners75
3/4/2011, 11:43 AM
delete me?

NO!:D

Jacie
3/4/2011, 02:13 PM
Were any of the Incompetent 11 in Eugene, OR for a nonconference game sometime in the fall of 2006?