PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State tied to same agents from Oregon

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure why this isn't being discussed. The same guy that helped Seachtrunk get to Oregon also had Shawn Lewis from Sheep Humper state as a client.

Nothing will probably come from it...but ya never know

SoonerDan74012
3/4/2011, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure why this isn't being discussed. The same guy that helped Seachtrunk get to Oregon also had Shawn Lewis from Sheep Humper state as a client.

Nothing will probably come from it...but ya never know

They will along with LSU, Texas A&M, USC, Auburn, and Baylor who all used Will Lyles to land recruits.

Breadburner
3/4/2011, 09:17 AM
CHEATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS>....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111112l3
\

Monster Zero
3/4/2011, 09:18 AM
[hairGel] .

badger
3/4/2011, 12:00 PM
Impossible. Only the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners cheat in this state. [/poke]

Impossible. The Pokes can't be cheating, because they suck. [/everyone except Sooner fans]

Possible. The Pokes are dumb enough to cheat and still suck. [/smart sooner fans]

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 12:07 PM
The thing that jumps out at me in these stories is that the money paid to the recruiting services is not the issue. The possible violation is that these recruiters acted as boosters guiding these players to particular schools. Common sense says where there is smoke there is fire and if $25k flows from the school and the same school lands the 5 star recruit, the smoke is thick. But proving it doesn't seem simple to me since the money doesn't count as proof.

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 12:11 PM
Impossible. Only the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners cheat in this state. [/poke]

Impossible. The Pokes can't be cheating, because they suck. [/everyone except Sooner fans]

Possible. The Pokes are dumb enough to cheat and still suck. [/smart sooner fans]

is 11-2 suck ???

CowboyMRW
3/4/2011, 12:13 PM
CFB is quickly becoming just like CBB with all the handlers and AAU stuff. I doubt anything comes of this from any institution.

soonerborn45
3/4/2011, 12:14 PM
Now I am all for making fun of the sheep pokers but cmon the article did not say that those schools used that guy. It only said that some players who went to that guys camps went to those schools. Ah screw it, ya dang cheating aggies!!!

CowboyMRW
3/4/2011, 12:15 PM
I've heard the name Will Lyles get thrown around a lot so I'm assuming who this article is referencing. Funny they mention AnM because AnM would never cheat with their superior morality :rolleyes:

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 12:19 PM
Now I am all for making fun of the sheep pokers but cmon the article did not say that those schools used that guy. It only said that some players who went to that guys camps went to those schools. Ah screw it, ya dang cheating aggies!!!

Really?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6179423

NormanPride
3/4/2011, 12:32 PM
I really hope this is not the case. CFB does not need this kind of crap going on... Handlers for 18 year olds is just stupid.

But if it's going on, I hope we're not too arrogant to use it as legally as possible.

Sooner74
3/4/2011, 12:41 PM
I think money is the key issue. Timing also matters. From what it sounds like ,if you land a 5 star recruit and get a fat 25,000 paycheck the next day, then their is definetely some issues. I am pretty sure these recruiting services are popping up all over the place because greedy fat 50 year old men can make a profit off these talented young kids by forging relationship with their families and such.

Something has to be done to curb the introduction of Agents which is exactly what this sounds like.

soonerborn45
3/4/2011, 12:47 PM
Really?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6179423

Yes really. In no way does the article say that those other schools used that Lyles guy to get those players. It just says that players associated with Lyles went to those other schools, meaning that those players probably attended the guys camps.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 12:57 PM
Yes really. In no way does the article say that those other schools used that Lyles guy to get those players. It just says that players associated with Lyles went to those other schools, meaning that those players probably attended the guys camps.

Maybe I'm just not reading this right....

Lyles, a Houston resident, has been tied to other high school players from Louisiana and Texas, who eventually signed with schools such as Auburn, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma State, Southern California and Texas A&M.

The schools have to PAY him to get his services. What is the disconnect?

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 12:59 PM
I think money is the key issue. Timing also matters. From what it sounds like ,if you land a 5 star recruit and get a fat 25,000 paycheck the next day, then their is definetely some issues. I am pretty sure these recruiting services are popping up all over the place because greedy fat 50 year old men can make a profit off these talented young kids by forging relationship with their families and such.

Something has to be done to curb the introduction of Agents which is exactly what this sounds like.

When I said the money wasn't the issue, I meant the money part was not a rules violation. I'll bet many schools pay these recruiting services including OU. That's why I'm saying this may be a tough one to prove. Did the player go to school 'X' because the "service" steered him that way? Or did they just find out about the player through the service and then successfully recruit him? Seems you could acquire a mountain of circumstantial evidence and still not have proof. And I agree with your assessment -- sounds like new rules may be needed as this slope is very steep and ice covered.

badger
3/4/2011, 01:02 PM
is 11-2 suck ???

You're giving them credit where credit is due! :mad:

:D Cowboy knows I'm just teasing.

badger
3/4/2011, 01:07 PM
I've heard the name Will Lyles get thrown around a lot so I'm assuming who this article is referencing. Funny they mention AnM because AnM would never cheat with their superior morality :rolleyes:

The Aggie code of honor:

Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do... unless it involves football.

The Aggie Code of Honor affirms values that apply to students, faculty and staff alike unless it involves football. This simple statement exemplifies two of our core values—excellence and integrity—and underscores our commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with laws and official policies unless it involves football. These core values forge a strong base to embrace our other core values of leadership, loyalty, respect and selfless service unless it involves football.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2poqzvq.jpg

soonerborn45
3/4/2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe I'm just not reading this right....

The schools have to PAY him to get his services. What is the disconnect?

You aren't reading it right. Schools in no way have to pay him for his services. If a high school player goes to one of Lyles camps, then that player is tied to him. Now I am not saying that these schools did not pay for the recruiting services but I am not saying they did. If they did, then that is not against the rules. It is perfectly legal for a school to pay for recruiting services. It becomes illegal when the guy getting paid, tries to sway the recruit to that school. Now that could have happened but the article clearly says that Oregon is the one being investigated and not the other schools.

Sooner74
3/4/2011, 01:29 PM
When I said the money wasn't the issue, I meant the money part was not a rules violation. I'll bet many schools pay these recruiting services including OU. That's why I'm saying this may be a tough one to prove. Did the player go to school 'X' because the "service" steered him that way? Or did they just find out about the player through the service and then successfully recruit him? Seems you could acquire a mountain of circumstantial evidence and still not have proof. And I agree with your assessment -- sounds like new rules may be needed as this slope is very steep and ice covered.

I agree. It will be very hard to prove what the "money" was for. It's unfortunate because it seems like this is an agent working to sway recruits. I am sure OU and other school use the exact same services, but to the extent where we are basically paying agents to sway recruits?

This whole story is fishy and I think will either get a lot more complicated or cease to exist based on lack of evidence.

CowboyMRW
3/4/2011, 01:29 PM
If I understand right this guy is a scout and for a fee he sends all the recruit info out to coaches that might be interested. Then if the coaches like they contact him and figure out an "arrangement".

You can make out of that whatever u like but that's how I understand the whole street agent game

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 01:45 PM
You aren't reading it right. Schools in no way have to pay him for his services.

Wrong

soonerborn45
3/4/2011, 01:58 PM
Wrong

No, right. There is no rule that says schools have to pay for the services of a recruiting service. IF they use a recruiting service, then yes they will probably pay and once again the article never says that those other schools paid for the recruiting services of Lyles. It just said that PLAYERS associated with Lyles, meaning players that went to his camps and were under his training regiments went to those schools. Believe it or not a lot of schools still use their own recruiting services to scout players.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 02:20 PM
No, right. There is no rule that says schools have to pay for the services of a recruiting service. IF they use a recruiting service, then yes they will probably pay and once again the article never says that those other schools paid for the recruiting services of Lyles. It just said that PLAYERS associated with Lyles, meaning players that went to his camps and were under his training regiments went to those schools. Believe it or not a lot of schools still use their own recruiting services to scout players.

Oh ok. Obviously you believe this guy does this as charity work.

So Oregon paid 25 grand to this guy and he tells all the other schools they don't have to pay???

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/4/2011, 02:36 PM
is 11-2 suck ???

It is when you still can't beat OU at home with your best team ever.

SoCaliSooner
3/4/2011, 02:39 PM
I always get a little nervous about running other schools issues up the flag pole. It always seems that when OU fans start celebrating, crap starts coming out about OU or OU players start screwing up too.

I'll sit back and quietly watch this thing unfold...

soonerborn45
3/4/2011, 03:20 PM
Oh ok. Obviously you believe this guy does this as charity work.

So Oregon paid 25 grand to this guy and he tells all the other schools they don't have to pay???

Wow you really are not getting what I'm saying. If the schools use the recruiting service then yes the schools will pay. They dont gave to use the service therefore they dont have to pay. Just because a kid went to one off Lyles' camps does not mean that the school paid forthe recruiting service. They may have paid but it doesn't make it illegal. Its only illegal if the guy running the recruiting service helped sway the kid to a certain school.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 03:23 PM
Wow you really are not getting what I'm saying. If the schools use the recruiting service then yes the schools will pay. They dont gave to use the service therefore they dont have to pay. Just because a kid went to one off Lyles' camps does not mean that the school paid forthe recruiting service. They may have paid but it doesn't make it illegal. Its only illegal if the guy running the recruiting service helped sway the kid to a certain school.

I do understand.

You are insanely naive to believe that schools are not paying this guy to persuade players to certain schools. The guy got paid less than 5,000 grand from one school but 25 grand from Oregon for a 5 star recruit. C'mon bro....

Sooner74
3/4/2011, 03:31 PM
I do understand.

You are insanely naive to believe that schools are not paying this guy to persuade players to certain schools. The guy got paid less than 5,000 grand from one school but 25 grand from Oregon for a 5 star recruit. C'mon bro....

Boomer, what if he did more scouting for that team? 20k more worth :)

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 03:47 PM
Boomer, what if he did more scouting for that team? 20k more worth :)

This thread should be featured on "C'MON MAN"

I can see Michael Irvin saying it now

oudavid1
3/4/2011, 08:09 PM
is 11-2 suck ???

just for fun, who did they beat?

Wasnt the biggest win of the season for them vs Texas?

Who sucks.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 08:14 PM
just for fun, who did they beat?

Wasnt the biggest win of the season for them vs Texas?

Who sucks.

In retrospect, it was aTm - but that was before the J.Johnson -> Tannyhill switch.

oudavid1
3/4/2011, 08:15 PM
In retrospect, it was aTm - but that was before the J.Johnson -> Tannyhill switch.

exactly. a 3 point last second win vs a backup QB who threw 5 pics.

At home.

OSU may have been 11-2, but they lost to the 2 best teams they played and the other 11 were mediocre.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 08:22 PM
exactly. a 3 point last second win vs a backup QB who threw 5 pics.

But had they not done that, no tie and aTm wins the division outright, so I say give little bro' some slack.

PS if they would have known they were helping us at the time, would they have thrown the game? :P

oudavid1
3/4/2011, 08:24 PM
But had they not done that, no tie and aTm wins the division outright, so I say give little bro' some slack.

PS if they would have known they were helping us at the time, would they have thrown the game? :P

That is a good point.

I told ya'll Tannehill was raw!

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2010/09/11/s100911_football-texam-latechpg-vertical.jpg

Rocko
3/4/2011, 08:30 PM
I never really thought about who the pokes beat, but that is very telling. They beat no one of importance (a&m with JJ doesn't count).

soonerborn45
3/5/2011, 12:36 AM
I do understand.

So now you're saying that every school that uses recruiting services, is paying to have the guys try and swerve players. Listen look at the figures, 25000 dollars to the recruiting service from Oregon. Normally schools pay 5000 for the services. If this guy is trying to persuade recruits to another school for the standard price that is paid for recruiting services then that man is a horrible business man. What you're doing is wishful thinking hoping that OSU, Auburn, Baylor, etc did pay for Lyles to persuade players just so they can get caught. I mean I hate the aggies as much as the next guy but cmon man use your head.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/5/2011, 12:44 AM
So now you're saying that every school that uses recruiting services, is paying to have the guys try and swerve players. Listen look at the figures, 25000 dollars to the recruiting service from Oregon. Normally schools pay 5000 for the services. If this guy is trying to persuade recruits to another school for the standard price that is paid for recruiting services then that man is a horrible business man.
I'm not his dad. I didn't make up the numbers. they are in the article.

What you're doing is wishful thinking hoping that OSU, Auburn, Baylor, etc did pay for Lyles to persuade players just so they can get caught.
Prove me wrong

I mean I hate the aggies as much as the next guy but cmon man use your head.
Ummm ok. I am the only one who has posted articles which is all we have to go on at this point. All you have is being naive like the last guy.

oudavid1
3/5/2011, 01:44 AM
What you're doing is wishful thinking hoping that OSU, Auburn, Baylor, etc did pay for Lyles to persuade players just so they can get caught.
Prove me wrong

Ok most of your post was ok. A little defensive. But who isnt.

But this little nugget is a fallacy.

Your not right just because he cant prove you wrong.

Can i get some verification from LeRoy though?

Leroy Lizard
3/5/2011, 01:56 AM
Ok most of your post was ok. A little defensive. But who isnt.

But this little nugget is a fallacy.

Can i get some verification from LeRoy though?

Post verified.

oudavid1
3/5/2011, 01:57 AM
Post verified.

:)

http://macroblog.typepad.com/macroblog/images/win_button.jpg

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/5/2011, 01:26 PM

I am the most right. Maybe not 100% but I included links that support my theory.

But thanks for chiming in

Sooner Cal
3/5/2011, 07:13 PM
A few key points:
1. $25K is a lot of money for sending some info.
2. Accompanying a kid on a visit seems fishy. Is he working for the kid or for the school paying him. In this case to keep the kid from committing to the Horns.
3. A school is only permitted to have so many coaches. Paying a guy like this could be a way to get around these limits. I think others have had trouble using consultants who function as coaches?
4. The rules leave a hole big enough to drive a truck through. Either influence buying or money laundering, allowing schools to pay money to 3rd parties makes a joke out of the rules.

Eielson
3/5/2011, 09:05 PM
is 11-2 suck ???

Not exactly suck, but this was a down year in the Big XII. Normally that team would've won 8 or 9. Which still isn't bad I suppose...just for OU standards.

Piware
3/6/2011, 01:45 AM
Wonder if this will blast the sheep humpers off their moral pedestals? Probably not but they are just outraged by some report about voluntary workouts that was written by Mike Strain, TW.

They are outraged - outraged, I tell ya! This hardly ever ends well for them. LOL!

Leroy Lizard
3/6/2011, 03:33 AM
Wonder if this will blast the sheep humpers off their moral pedestals?

I can't see yet where they've done anything wrong.

Flagstaffsooner
3/6/2011, 08:26 AM
I can't see yet where they've done anything wrong.
:rolleyes: You wont see anything until you get your head out your rectum.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/6/2011, 08:55 AM
Just FYI...

Bralon Addison who committed to the sheep a few weeks ago for the 2012 class is also tied to these guys.

brainpimp
3/6/2011, 10:39 AM
To anyone that has actually read these articles, it is crystal clear this guy is trying to set himself up as a mini high school agent. It is also clear that certain schools have used this guy and a couple others completely different than traditional recruiting services.

Recruiting services provide info. These guys are packaging athletes.

Leroy Lizard
3/6/2011, 01:05 PM
:rolleyes: You wont see anything until you get your head out your rectum.

Sheesh, what a jackass.

CowboyMRW
3/6/2011, 03:09 PM
Wonder if this will blast the sheep humpers off their moral pedestals? Probably not but they are just outraged by some report about voluntary workouts that was written by Mike Strain, TW.

They are outraged - outraged, I tell ya! This hardly ever ends well for them. LOL!

No one even cared. It was extra Pilates for goodness sakes. Everyone had a laugh but that's all that

soonerborn45
3/6/2011, 05:46 PM
I am the most right. Maybe not 100% but I included links that support my theory.

But thanks for chiming in

The links did not support your theory. Get over yourself! Your theory is that those other schools paid for Lyles to sway recruits towards their school when the article in no way says that those other schools paid for Lyles to swerve those players in their direction. I am not saying that they didn't pay for that, but I am not saying they did either. Read what the line says...

"Lyles, a Houston resident, has been tied to other high school players from Louisiana and Texas, who eventually signed with schools such as Auburn, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma State, Southern California and Texas A&M."

In no way, shape, or form does it say that those schools paid for that guy. Claim all you want that you had "links" to support your claim when they didn't at all. Again those schools may have paid for the recruiting services but there is no way to tell if Lyles was paid to sway players in the direction of other schools. Think before you speak.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/6/2011, 09:07 PM
The links did not support your theory. Get over yourself! Your theory is that those other schools paid for Lyles to sway recruits towards their school when the article in no way says that those other schools paid for Lyles to swerve those players in their direction. I am not saying that they didn't pay for that, but I am not saying they did either. Read what the line says...

"Lyles, a Houston resident, has been tied to other high school players from Louisiana and Texas, who eventually signed with schools such as Auburn, Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma State, Southern California and Texas A&M."

In no way, shape, or form does it say that those schools paid for that guy. Claim all you want that you had "links" to support your claim when they didn't at all. Again those schools may have paid for the recruiting services but there is no way to tell if Lyles was paid to sway players in the direction of other schools. Think before you speak.

No it doesn't. It's what I think is going on.

Here is a picture of Soonerborn45 taken a few days ago.
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1718/ostrichheadingroundfull.jpg (http://img585.imageshack.us/i/ostrichheadingroundfull.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

soonerborn45
3/7/2011, 01:37 AM
No it doesn't. It's what I think is going on.

Here is a picture of Soonerborn45 taken a few days ago.
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1718/ostrichheadingroundfull.jpg (http://img585.imageshack.us/i/ostrichheadingroundfull.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Oh good lord. When are you going to get over yourself? Did those schools pay for Lyles to sway their recruits? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, not one bit. The only point that I am trying to make that in no way does that article state that those schools did pay for that. It only says that Oregon is being investigated when they paid such a high price. You are saying they did just because the article mentioned that players tied to Lyles went to those schools and that doesn't mean a dang thing. That picture may say that I have my head in the sand but you need to pull your head out of your a$$ every once and awhile and get some oxygen.

Sooner74
3/7/2011, 02:48 AM
Oh good lord. When are you going to get over yourself? Did those schools pay for Lyles to sway their recruits? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, not one bit. The only point that I am trying to make that in no way does that article state that those schools did pay for that. It only says that Oregon is being investigated when they paid such a high price. You are saying they did just because the article mentioned that players tied to Lyles went to those schools and that doesn't mean a dang thing. That picture may say that I have my head in the sand but you need to pull your head out of your a$$ every once and awhile and get some oxygen.

Touche!

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/7/2011, 09:21 AM
Oh good lord. When are you going to get over yourself?
Don't hold your breath

Did those schools pay for Lyles to sway their recruits? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, not one bit.
We agree

The only point that I am trying to make that in no way does that article state that those schools did pay for that. It only says that Oregon is being investigated when they paid such a high price.
It doesn't come out and say that those schools paid for him to sway recruits. I agree...However the evidence is there FOR ME to assume that since Oregon paid such a high price he was able to do a bit of ""extra" work. Which also leads me to believe that since he did it for Oregon he also did it for the other schools too. That's my opinion...It's obviously not yours

You are saying they did just because the article mentioned that players tied to Lyles went to those schools and that doesn't mean a dang thing. That picture may say that I have my head in the sand but you need to pull your head out of your a$$ every once and awhile and get some oxygen.
Again, the evidence tells me otherwise. If he did extra work for Oregon there stands a reason that he would do the same at other schools as well. We may never find out. It's fairly impossible to track a booster giving some 3rd party guy money unless they are dumb enough to write a check out like Oregon did. I'm not sure what rosie picture you are painting in your mind about schools being honest but it seems you are the one that needs to pull your head out .

soonerborn45
3/7/2011, 10:42 AM

Holy crap! Is your head up your a$$ for the warmth. I never said those schools did or did not pay that guy. I don't know if they did and it doesn't matter because they are not the ones being investigated. You are saying they did and quite frankly your opinion doesn't mean anything.

usaosooner
3/7/2011, 11:45 AM
Our buddy Vodnik has pointed out that OSU is trying to erase Chad Clay association away.

http://tinyurl.com/4gpeto4

The plot maybe thickens, SportsByBrooks was talking about a OSU donor from Houston (Clays hood) the other day.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/7/2011, 12:11 PM
Holy crap! Is your head up your a$$ for the warmth. I never said those schools did or did not pay that guy. I don't know if they did and it doesn't matter because they are not the ones being investigated. You are saying they did and quite frankly your opinion doesn't mean anything.

Neither does yours. Are we happy now?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/7/2011, 12:14 PM
Our buddy Vodnik has pointed out that OSU is trying to erase Chad Clay association away.

http://tinyurl.com/4gpeto4

The plot maybe thickens, SportsByBrooks was talking about a OSU donor from Houston (Clays hood) the other day.

Don't let Soonerborn45 see that link. He simply won't believe it

soonerborn45
3/7/2011, 01:40 PM
Don't let Soonerborn45 see that link. He simply won't believe it

My goodness your such a tool.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/7/2011, 01:45 PM
My goodness your such a tool.

good one :cool:

PalmBeachSooner
3/7/2011, 01:46 PM
The thing that jumps out at me in these stories is that the money paid to the recruiting services is not the issue. The possible violation is that these recruiters acted as boosters guiding these players to particular schools. Common sense says where there is smoke there is fire and if $25k flows from the school and the same school lands the 5 star recruit, the smoke is thick. But proving it doesn't seem simple to me since the money doesn't count as proof.

5* x $25,000 = ???

Hell, I suck at math.

SoonerDan74012
3/7/2011, 02:18 PM
Look what I found off of another OU website. It's about an OSU booster named Chad Clay in Houston who has direct ties to Will Lyles. His name has been erased off the OSU booster website shortly after this whole thing started.

Chad Clay is the biggest OSU booster in Houston. Hes the money man behind OSU getting so many recruits out of the Houston area. OSU has got several of Will Lyles players the last few years, and has 1 already this year. Its funny his page was taken down from the Houston District 41 web site after the Will Lyles mess started.

http://orangeconnection.org/s/860/index.aspx?sid=860&gid=1&pgid=782&cid=2067&ecid=2067&ciid=2883&crid=0