PDA

View Full Version : Simplistic answer to prison over-crowding

ouwasp
3/3/2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I know it won't work, but it's nice to imagine...

I saw an article in the Tulsa World about the Dept of Corrections not having enough $ to pay their staff and take care of the miscreants in their charge.

<shrug> The thought crosses my mind about how much better my school is when a vagabond moves away. (I teach at a jr high.) We don't have to deal with him/her anymore, they and their behavior/work ethic are quite literally someone else's problem. Those are good days when that happens... :D

Anyhow, for low-level punks (define that however you wish), how about a one-way bus ticket to San Jose? Has to be two time zones away. With some sort of stipulation that if they are caught within Oklahoma's borders in the next decade or so that they will then serve time.

But, within a short time, the punks will be embroiled within another states' correction system. Those Greyhound tickets would be worth their weight in platinum. :)

Whet
3/3/2011, 10:02 PM
In the early 80's Tulsa had a "secret" program that collected street people and put them on a bus to Arizona and a few other locations. The rumor is the business community paid for this program and it reduced the number of "bums" downtown.

KABOOKIE
3/3/2011, 10:18 PM
In the early 80's Tulsa had a "secret" program that collected street people and put them on a bus to Arizona and a few other locations. The rumor is the business community paid for this program and it reduced the number of "bums" downtown.

Is that how you ended up in Chicago?

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I know it won't work, but it's nice to imagine...

I saw an article in the Tulsa World about the Dept of Corrections not having enough $ to pay their staff and take care of the miscreants in their charge.

<shrug> The thought crosses my mind about how much better my school is when a vagabond moves away. (I teach at a jr high.) We don't have to deal with him/her anymore, they and their behavior/work ethic are quite literally someone else's problem. Those are good days when that happens... :D

Anyhow, for low-level punks (define that however you wish), how about a one-way bus ticket to San Jose?

And San Jose, in retaliation, sends Tulsa theirs.

Believe me, you don't want that trade.

SoonerKnight
3/4/2011, 01:28 AM
This **** is funny send the homeless on trip. Why not just send them to Mexico!!