PDA

View Full Version : John Clark Gable

StoopTroup
3/3/2011, 07:23 PM
is in this Movie with James Brolin and Richard Roundtree called "Bad Jim" released in 1990. After checking Gable out I found he was Clark Gable's Son and was born 4 months after his Father's Death.

Here is another interesting little fact regarding his father.

In May 1944, Gable was promoted to major. He hoped for another combat assignment but, when D-Day came and passed in June without further orders, he requested and was granted a discharge. His discharge papers were signed by a Captain and president-to-be named Ronald Reagan. He completed editing of the film, Combat America, in September 1944, providing the narration himself and making use of numerous interviews with enlisted gunners as focus of the film.

Adolf Hitler esteemed Gable above all other actors; during the Second World War, he offered a sizable reward to anyone who could capture and bring Gable to him unscathed.

StoopTroup
3/3/2011, 09:22 PM
Evidently even Scarlet doesn't give a damn. Clark was a damn War Hero dammit. We sure could use a few men like him again. His 3rd Wife Carole Lombard who died in a plane crash and was evidently one of the first recorded deaths of WWII was his inspiration. Amazingly Lombard was a liberal Democrat and Clark was a Conservative Republican. Quite a pair those two.

Lombard wasn't John Clark Gable's Mother. He was a Son from a later marriage.

A Sooner in Texas
3/4/2011, 12:31 AM
Carole Lombard died in a plane crash while she was on a tour selling U.S. War Bonds. Gable went on the search in the mountains but the plane basically exploded on impact, and there was essentially nothing left of anyone's remains to be able to identify.
Her death devastated him so much he immediately enlisted and repeatedly requested combat duty. The film studios kept circumventing those requests, however, because he was one of their biggest stars.

I'm a Gone with the Wind fanatic and have read bios on Gable and Vivenne Leigh (Scarlett), who was manic-depressive, and in her manic states would screw anything in pants she could find....while she was married to Laurence Olivier. She died of tuberculosis.

Just FYI. :D

StoopTroup
3/4/2011, 12:53 AM
Yeah I read all that too. It's a hell of a story. The dude really loved her it seems.

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 09:17 AM
Clark Gable was more of a patriot than John Wayne.

i think Gable would've been 110 this year.