PDA

View Full Version : Recruits we have missed on...

OUmillenium
3/3/2011, 12:54 PM
How bout this legacy? His dad played for Tubbs in the mid-80s. He was a sweet dunker but left in early 86-87, I believe. Not sure why.

Ronald actually wound up at St. Joseph's after StJohns fired the coach who recruited him...here are this year's freshman stats...

2010-11
FG 41-85 .482
FT17-33 .515
REB 4.5
Pts 5.2

Nov. 19, 2009
http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111909aai.html

QUEENS, N.Y. - St. John's head men's basketball coach Norm Roberts announced the signing of Jersey City, N.J., forward Ronald Roberts to a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to join the Red Storm basketball program for the 2010-11 season.

"Ronald will be a great addition to our program. He is an outstanding young man who will give us versatility at the power forward and small forward positions," said Norm Roberts, now in his sixth year at the helm of the Red Storm. "Ron has a great upside, and he comes from a terrific basketball family."

"I can't wait to get to St. John's," said Ronald Roberts. "When I visited the campus, I loved the coaches, the players, the atmosphere and the facilities on campus. I also really liked that St. John's is in the best conference in the country, the BIG EAST."

Ronald Roberts is a 6-7, 210-pound forward from Saint Peter's Prep in Jersey City. He led the Marauders in scoring (17.4 points per game), rebounding (11.0) and blocked shots (3.0) as a junior last season. He was selected as a first team all-county and all-league performer in 2008-09 for a Saint Peter's squad that finished 23-3 as county champions and ranked seventh in the state.

Ronald Roberts is a tremendous athlete with a great motor and an already-polished face-up game. The small forward/power forward has also shown the ability to play with his back to the basket as he enters his second year with the Marauders.

Ronald Roberts has an incredible basketball pedigree, as both of his parents played at a high level on the hardwood. His father, Ron Roberts Sr., was a standout in the mid-1980s for Billy Tubbs' Oklahoma Sooners. His mother, Dania Santos Roberts, played for the Dominican Republic national team.

"St. John's is getting a guy that just began his journey to becoming a very, very good basketball player," said St. Peter's Prep coach Mike Kelly. "He has played one year of high school basketball, so he is a guy that has been under the radar. This will be a situation that turns out great for all involved."

Soonerjeepman
3/3/2011, 12:58 PM
guess I'm not that impressed with his stats...

thought it was going to be about Scotty R and James...with Blake staying..WW (having his head OUT OF HIS A**)...but ah well...

stoopified
3/3/2011, 02:02 PM
I aSSUME THAT THIS KID'S DAD WAS RON ROBERTS THE JUCO FORWARD WE SIGNED RIGHT AFTER WT ANNOUNCED HE WAS GOING PRO?iF SO ,HIS FATHER WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF A SCHOLLY.NOT SAYING THIS KID WOULD BE BUTi HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD SOME PEOPLE'S MANIA FOR SIGNING LEGACY GUYS.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/3/2011, 02:08 PM
YA I HEAR YA

OUmillenium
3/4/2011, 10:47 AM
Mania? Wrestlemania maybe

yankee
3/4/2011, 11:37 AM
I aSSUME THAT THIS KID'S DAD WAS RON ROBERTS THE JUCO FORWARD WE SIGNED RIGHT AFTER WT ANNOUNCED HE WAS GOING PRO?iF SO ,HIS FATHER WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF A SCHOLLY.NOT SAYING THIS KID WOULD BE BUTi HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD SOME PEOPLE'S MANIA FOR SIGNING LEGACY GUYS.

WUT?