PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma - The Wild West

Soonerwake
3/3/2011, 11:09 AM
Is this really the image we want here in Oklahoma?? A bunch of gun-toting rednecks????

http://newsok.com/bill-would-let-oklahomans-vote-on-open-carrying-of-handguns/article/3545374?custom_click=lead_story_title

OutlandTrophy
3/3/2011, 11:14 AM
Why are you saying that people who tote guns are rednecks?

rekamrettuB
3/3/2011, 11:15 AM
This should be an interesting debate. Do you as a non C&C license holder want to know who is carrying a weapon or not?

Would this bill passing make it safer or more likely a psychopath shoots up a public place?

It would make me less likely to argue with someone who was carrying. :D

OULenexaman
3/3/2011, 11:16 AM
or are University faculty members rednecks....

cantwait48
3/3/2011, 11:18 AM
I think some states allow you to open carry without the permit, the permit allows you to conceal it. It is not a big deal anyway as most of the people who carry pistols prefer to conceal it anyway and who cares what other people think of Oklahoma.

MR2-Sooner86
3/3/2011, 11:19 AM
Is this really the image we want here in Oklahoma?? A bunch of gun-toting rednecks????

http://newsok.com/bill-would-let-oklahomans-vote-on-open-carrying-of-handguns/article/3545374?custom_click=lead_story_title

I'll take that image over an oxygen stealing, limp wristed, fart sniffing, vagina who p*sses themselves if they even see a gun.

Soonerwake
3/3/2011, 11:22 AM
You rednecks are waayyy too easy... :D

yermom
3/3/2011, 11:27 AM
i'd rather not paint a target on myself if something did go down

i know if i was about to start shooting up a place, i would a) not openly carry and b) start with the guy i knew was packing

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2011, 11:28 AM
The gun I carry is always loaded...

yermom
3/3/2011, 11:30 AM
that little thing is no danger to anyone though

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2011, 11:32 AM

Yes.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2011, 11:33 AM

my wife would beg to differ..it was dangerous twice

sooneron
3/3/2011, 11:33 AM
and who cares what other people think of Oklahoma.

Grown ups that are smart business people.

royalfan5
3/3/2011, 11:54 AM
I just assume carry my gun outside my pants for the honest world to feel.

OutlandTrophy
3/3/2011, 12:00 PM
royalfan5 = Pancho

yermom
3/3/2011, 12:03 PM
I just assume carry my gun outside my pants for the honest world to feel.

are you saying you need some of those Brett Favre gunlinger jeans?

soonerbrat
3/3/2011, 12:04 PM

heck yes!

royalfan5
3/3/2011, 12:06 PM
are you saying you need some of those Brett Favre gunlinger jeans?

Potentially.

yermom
3/3/2011, 12:13 PM
i meant "gunslinger" jeans :D

vyKP2PQjmiE

KantoSooner
3/3/2011, 12:41 PM
I'm in favor the right to bear arms. On the other hand, I know my fellow citizens and it does add a frisson of danger walking around knowing that the same people who:
1. Can't read nutritional labels on food products
and
2. Can't drive in a single lane
and
3. Think that Sharia law is a clear and present threat
and
4. Consume the quantities of Meth that we seem to in our fine state.

etc.

are out there. Carrying loaded weapons.

On the other hand, looking at the other things there are to worry about, like religious zanies controlling our nuclear weapons and two houses of congress unable to do the simple math necessary to balance the budget, for instance, getting shot by a legal OR illegal handgun on the street as I proceed about my daily business might not be such a bad option.

OU Engineer
3/3/2011, 12:48 PM
Im so tired of the liberl argument that openy carry turns a state into the "wild west". GTFO.

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

At that website you can see a map of states that allow open carry adn to what degree.

As you can see, Oklahoma is one of only 7 states, plus the District of Columbia, that dont allow open carry at all.

Now I ask you, are all the other 43 states what you would consider the "wild west" full of "gun-toting rednecks"?

captain_surly
3/3/2011, 01:00 PM
I'd vote for it if I lived in Oklahoma. I hope it allows concealed permit holders from reciprocal states to open carry if it passes. I have a lake place on Tenkiller and its a pain in the *** to try to conceal a 45 in shorts and a tee shirt.

I think I would continue to conceal in most circumstances involving close proximity to other people but it would be nice to have the option to open carry if you want. And I've always wanted to see a stranger's reaction to the sight of me carrying my 460 S & W Magnum in my Simply Rugged chesty puller holster.

OUmillenium
3/3/2011, 01:40 PM
My C&C license should be arriving at the Tulsa County Sheriff's office any day now, tick...tick...tick...hurry up!!

delhalew
3/3/2011, 01:54 PM
Yes. Historically and culturally, Oklahoma is the wild west. The gun toting=
Redneck statement shows a great deal of ignorance.

Some of you Nancys need help treating others with respect. Maybe this would help. Some of you seem to forget that even a justified shooting lands you in jail for a short period of time. People who carry, do not do so lightly.

One day when one of these rednecks saves your life, you can discuss their character flaws.

cantwait48
3/3/2011, 02:27 PM
"Grown ups that are smart business people."

huh? seriously, you think people are not going to do business with Oklahoma businesses because of this, if that is the case then they need to grow up and become better business people.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/3/2011, 02:30 PM

I would vote for it... Just like Arizona.

Soonerwake
3/3/2011, 02:33 PM
Im so tired of the liberl argument that openy carry turns a state into the "wild west". GTFO.

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

At that website you can see a map of states that allow open carry adn to what degree.

As you can see, Oklahoma is one of only 7 states, plus the District of Columbia, that dont allow open carry at all.

Now I ask you, are all the other 43 states what you would consider the "wild west" full of "gun-toting rednecks"?

I was not aware of this information and will admit my error. As far as the redneck comment goes, easy fellas. It was a joke...

Now, how about the liquor stuff being tabled?? What are we, a bunch of drunks?? :D

soonerbrat
3/3/2011, 02:58 PM
yes!!!!!!

OU Engineer
3/3/2011, 03:30 PM
I was not aware of this information and will admit my error. As far as the redneck comment goes, easy fellas. It was a joke...

Now, how about the liquor stuff being tabled?? What are we, a bunch of drunks?? :D

sorry wake, wasnt necessarily targeted at you, just a general statement (I cant even read the comments on newsok.com articles related to this topic anymore).

And yes the liquor stuff should definitely be a popular vote, I'm tired of Oklahoma being so behind because of the status quo.

In this case that means the millions, or perhaps billions of dollars that private alcohol distributors are making each year because they have no competition from larger chains. They have plenty of lobbyists and connections in the state government to make sure it never goes to a popular vote...

TUSooner
3/3/2011, 05:39 PM

It's lots better than some recent sh*t legislation from OK. ;)

stoopified
3/3/2011, 11:40 PM
At least nobody outside of a range of three inches. :D

DIB
3/4/2011, 09:49 AM
and who cares what other people think of Oklahoma.Grown ups that are smart business people.

"Grown ups that are smart business people."

huh? seriously, you think people are not going to do business with Oklahoma businesses because of this, if that is the case then they need to grow up and become better business people.

Excellent job of misdirection. You made a throw away statement at the end of your first post that is absurd. As Oklahomans, we have to care what our perception is outside the state. A negative perception about our education system, health and safety can have a huge impact on whether a large company brings a large number of jobs to this state. So yes, grown-ups that are smart business people have to care what other people think about Oklahoma.

AlboSooner
3/4/2011, 10:30 AM

:gary: