PDA

View Full Version : Some reasons why all Sooners should be concerned

Jacie
3/3/2011, 10:10 AM
Before anyone starts making room for another conference and/or national championship trophy . . .

1. The preseason hijinks that have (so far) cost the team last season's leader in INT's means the Sooners must replace 3 (instead of 2) of 4 starters in the defensive backfield.

2. Sooners must replace two of the top defensive players from 2010, Quentin Carter and Alexander Beal, and OUr four-year starting RB DeMarco Murray. Looking beyond the statistics, it is what you don't read after their names that made these three vital to the group that went 12-2.

In Quentin's case it would be passes not thrown to the side of the field he was on or thrown at all, allowing the line to get to the quarterback or forcing him to scramble.

Sacks and tackles for a loss can be counted, but in addition to those Beal often drew double coverage or forced the other team to keep a back on his side of the line to help block.

Murray had gaudy rushing statistics but he also caught a lot of passes for crucial yardage. We don't know how many balls were thrown to DM because Landry Jones could not find an open man downfield but we know a lot of drives were sustained because Murray was there to catch them. Do we have a RB to replace DeMarco that can do that?

3. The Big XII Championship win over the nebbish showed how dominant OU was in 2010, especially coming back from a 17-point deficit. May I remind you that Martinez, who was instrumental in getting Bo's boys to that game was hobbled that night. OU should never have been in the hole to begin with.

4. Much is being made of OU getting a BCS bowl win. Sooner fans don't like to be reminded that it was over the weakest of the 8 BCS-eligible teams.

5. It appears Oklahoma will be the preseason #1 so the team might as well wear jerseys with a bullseye on them. Every Sooner game will mean facing an opponent that is jacked to the max to play #1.

6. Will the coaching staff finally learn how to score a touchdown from first-and-goal inside the 5-yard line? 12-2 should have been 13-1 but three times against a&m, points were left on the field. Ditto the kick-off coverage unit.

I like this version of OU football, this 2011 team. The Sooners have been building for this season and it seems the pieces are in place for a championship run. But they don't award a trophy for the team that starts on top. Go lightly on your smack until the team does it on the field.

OUmillenium
3/3/2011, 10:35 AM
Or smack it up while you can

BoulderSooner79
3/3/2011, 10:47 AM
I never even heard of that Alexander Beal guy and yet he was a top defensive player we must replace. Very stealth.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/3/2011, 10:49 AM

Before anyone starts making room for another conference and/or national championship trophy . . .

1. The preseason hijinks that have (so far) cost the team last season's leader in INT's means the Sooners must replace 3 (instead of 2) of 4 starters in the defensive backfield. OK....

2. Sooners must replace two of the top defensive players from 2010, Quentin Carter and Alexander Beal, and OUr four-year starting RB DeMarco Murray. Looking beyond the statistics, it is what you don't read after their names that made these three vital to the group that went 12-2. Not sure who Alexander Beal is but i'm sure he can be easily replaced with the other DE's that played last season. Javon Harris and Tony Jefferson should be more than adequate at SS and FS... Both of them played a ton last season. DM7 being gone is a big deal for sure, but OU's depth at the RB position is beyond sick. Dare I say, the best in the nation

In Quentin's case it would be passes not thrown to the side of the field he was on or thrown at all, allowing the line to get to the quarterback or forcing him to scramble. I'm not certain, but as good as QC was he wasn't considered a lockdown corner considering he was playing safety

Sacks and tackles for a loss can be counted, but in addition to those Beal often drew double coverage or forced the other team to keep a back on his side of the line to help block. Alexander Beal, as you call him, will be missed but I'm sure OU will find some more great DE's. Watch out for Geneo Grissom

Murray had gaudy rushing statistics but he also caught a lot of passes for crucial yardage. We don't know how many balls were thrown to DM because Landry Jones could not find an open man downfield but we know a lot of drives were sustained because Murray was there to catch them. Do we have a RB to replace DeMarco that can do that? Murray had a lot of TD's but lets not act like the guy had 2,000 yards rushing. Ou's O line wasn't fantastic at run blocking. To answer your question...YES. Brennan Clay was the first player in California history to rush for 1,000 yards and also have 1,000 yards receiving in the same season.

3. The Big XII Championship win over the nebbish showed how dominant OU was in 2010, especially coming back from a 17-point deficit. May I remind you that Martinez, who was instrumental in getting Bo's boys to that game was hobbled that night. OU should never have been in the hole to begin with. Martinez was no real threat to pass considering his skill sets. OU did what they should have and played the run. OU won, so I'm not sure what you are getting at...

4. Much is being made of OU getting a BCS bowl win. Sooner fans don't like to be reminded that it was over the weakest of the 8 BCS-eligible teams. That's not OU's fault that Uconn wasn't all that good. They didn't pick them! OU killed them which is what they should have done. Would you have been happier if Uconn would have kept it close?

5. It appears Oklahoma will be the preseason #1 so the team might as well wear jerseys with a bullseye on them. Every Sooner game will mean facing an opponent that is jacked to the max to play #1. If you play for ANY top 10 team you have a bullseye on you. If an opponent isn't jacked to play against OU then they don't deserve to put on the uniform. If you haven't figured out by now that OU ALWAYS get's every team's best shot then i'm not sure what to tell you. Same goes for OU. If OU's players aren't jacked every time they put the uniform on then they don't deserve it either.

6. Will the coaching staff finally learn how to score a touchdown from first-and-goal inside the 5-yard line? 12-2 should have been 13-1 but three times against a&m, points were left on the field. Ditto the kick-off coverage unit. Who knows really? Let's hope they are working on it. I'm sure the coaches realize there is a problem. It's mostly the O line not being physical.

I like this version of OU football, this 2011 team. The Sooners have been building for this season and it seems the pieces are in place for a championship run. But they don't award a trophy for the team that starts on top. Go lightly on your smack until the team does it on the field. Who cares what the fans say. We don't play

picasso
3/3/2011, 10:51 AM
Cautiously optimistic? Yes.

Concerned? No.

Jacie
3/3/2011, 10:55 AM
My bad . . . sorry Jeremy.

TahoeSOONER
3/3/2011, 11:15 AM
Championships will be won in the trenches with this team. I think it's safe to say that we've got the skill positions with all the depth at RB, TE is finally coming along and we're solid at WR. I think this team has the chance to be scary good if we get some more young talent steps up along the O and D lines.

Landry will be something special next year and I hope we will continue to see the TE utilized. How will they manage the road with A&M being the only real team to test us in Norman.

setem
3/3/2011, 11:18 AM

It is your bad! DAWG!

OUMallen
3/3/2011, 11:33 AM
I don't know ANYONE that's making a big deal about our win over UCOnn.

sooneron
3/3/2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, its more of just a relief that we're off the bcs schneid.

QC was solid, no doubt, but he wasn't some lockdown guy ala Strait, seeing as how he was a safety... He was more like Everage. Sometimes you cringed and were nervous, sometimes you wanted to chant his name.

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2011, 11:38 AM
Jacie, just remember: The other teams are replacing players too. It isn't whether you lose talent, but rather whether you lose more talent than the next team.

I think we'll be fine. National title? Well... maybe.

OUthunder
3/3/2011, 12:06 PM
Murray will be the hardest to replace IMO because of his versatility. He always seemed to be an outlet for whatever QB we had back there.

Mad Dog Madsen
3/3/2011, 12:28 PM

Yeah it is your bad! ...Even Bob Barry would've got that right! :D

fwsooner22
3/3/2011, 12:44 PM
Oh no...we are done....forget the whole thing....the sky is SO falling.

Six tickets for sale.

BoulderSooner79
3/3/2011, 01:14 PM
All the things you list are pretty well known on this board, but I don't look at it as cause for concern. Those are just the challenges for the team that need to be conquered in order to move up to BCS title quality. The fun is watching it unfold. The odds of winning the crystal ball are against every team going into the season, so being concerned about that is wasted energy. Enjoy the ride.

JLMSOONER
3/3/2011, 01:15 PM
Beg to differ.....Uconn is making a huge deal out of the BCS game! It cost them almost 2 mil.

EatLeadCommie
3/3/2011, 01:23 PM
I'm actually very concerned about our secondary. It's not simply a matter of replacing guys who are hard to replace, but also a matter of their backups. It will be the weak link to our D this coming season, IMO.

SoonerLB
3/3/2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah it is your bad! ...Even Bob Barry would've got that right! :D

Probability is prolly around 70%, LOL!

usaosooner
3/3/2011, 02:12 PM
I don't give a rats *** about players being in "trouble" in January/February than has ZERO to do with performances this fall

oudavid1
3/3/2011, 02:28 PM
Last time i checked, its college football. Normal left a long time ago.

jersey sooner
3/3/2011, 04:00 PM

1. The preseason hijinks that have (so far) cost the team last season's leader in INT's means the Sooners must replace 3 (instead of 2) of 4 starters in the defensive backfield.

2. Sooners must replace two of the top defensive players from 2010, Quentin Carter and Alexander Beal, and OUr four-year starting RB DeMarco Murray. Looking beyond the statistics, it is what you don't read after their names that made these three vital to the group that went 12-2.

In Quentin's case it would be passes not thrown to the side of the field he was on or thrown at all, allowing the line to get to the quarterback or forcing him to scramble.

Sacks and tackles for a loss can be counted, but in addition to those Beal often drew double coverage or forced the other team to keep a back on his side of the line to help block.

Murray had gaudy rushing statistics but he also caught a lot of passes for crucial yardage. We don't know how many balls were thrown to DM because Landry Jones could not find an open man downfield but we know a lot of drives were sustained because Murray was there to catch them. Do we have a RB to replace DeMarco that can do that?

3. The Big XII Championship win over the nebbish showed how dominant OU was in 2010, especially coming back from a 17-point deficit. May I remind you that Martinez, who was instrumental in getting Bo's boys to that game was hobbled that night. OU should never have been in the hole to begin with.

4. Much is being made of OU getting a BCS bowl win. Sooner fans don't like to be reminded that it was over the weakest of the 8 BCS-eligible teams.

5. It appears Oklahoma will be the preseason #1 so the team might as well wear jerseys with a bullseye on them. Every Sooner game will mean facing an opponent that is jacked to the max to play #1.

6. Will the coaching staff finally learn how to score a touchdown from first-and-goal inside the 5-yard line? 12-2 should have been 13-1 but three times against a&m, points were left on the field. Ditto the kick-off coverage unit.

I like this version of OU football, this 2011 team. The Sooners have been building for this season and it seems the pieces are in place for a championship run. But they don't award a trophy for the team that starts on top. Go lightly on your smack until the team does it on the field.

1. What, did you think this would be a walk in the park? We're talking about them Sooners here. They'll torture us unrelentlessly if this thing happens.

2. I'm not the least bit worried about replacing Carter. Loved the guy, but teams did not base where they were throwing the ball off of him. The corners and Mr. Jefferson were more likely to be the cause. As for Murray, his biggest attribute to us was unquestionably his pass catching threat. I have a real strong feeling we're going to get the most out of the Finchster through swings and screens. And if our 2nd running back has the ability to run anywhere between the tackles, it'll be like Murray was never here. I'm most worried about Frank Jeremy ;) who was solid as a rock, not to mention what I could imagine being the quiet leader of that defense (if not team).

3. Your'e damn right that was a dominant team in 2010. And what are the numbers, 38 returning starters on defense and 28 on offense? And to the Martinez point, as a Sooner fan, I would have gladly allowed Nebraska to trade Brandon Weeden for an even hobbled Martinez pre-game. I've been having nightmares about EJ Manuel.

4. BCS bowl games mean literally nothing, unless your a whorn fan.

5. I'd rather they know this, then become #1 5 games in and not be ready for it.

6. Ditto the kick-off coverage. And I'm old enough to realize it needs to happen on the field. But if you're not salivating at the '11 season, you need to nut up.

Ground_Attack
3/3/2011, 07:54 PM
I'm actually very concerned about our secondary. It's not simply a matter of replacing guys who are hard to replace, but also a matter of their backups. It will be the weak link to our D this coming season, IMO.

wasn't the secondary supposed to be a question mark last year too?

prrriiide
3/3/2011, 08:18 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5500000/Chicken-Little-Wallpapers-chicken-little-5541440-1280-1024.jpg

tcrb
3/3/2011, 08:26 PM
Doomed! I tell ya, we're DOOMED!

Okie35
3/3/2011, 08:41 PM
one reason why nobody should be concerned we had 27 fresh/soph in our 2 deep rotation...

Monster Zero
3/3/2011, 08:52 PM
1. "Preseason hijinks"...

are unfortunate but anytime you have 80-something young men in the same place except maybe the service academies someone's gonna mess up. In Fleming's case, one gets the sense that it was a repeat offense. OU held him accountable; lesser schools would have whitewashed it. Likewise for the other three fun-lovers; they've certainly run and puked and been hollered at and made examples of. (I never messed up when I was that age or any other time in my life, btw. If you believe that...)

In the long run, net plus.

2. Sooners must replace two of the top defensive players from 2010, Quentin Carter and Alexander Beal, and OUr four-year starting RB DeMarco Murray.

Turnover is always part of the game, which is really the beautiful part of College Football. It's someone else's turn to step up, and DeMarco and those guys get to go get on with life after college. All the competition lost some good players too. Maybe DeMarco and those guys will make some NFL money for awhile and be set for a long, prosperous life.

Nothing against those other guys, but net gain for our guys.

3. The Big XII Championship win over the nebbish showed how dominant OU was in 2010, especially coming back from a 17-point deficit.

Yes, our guys peaked late in the season. Not sure I understand your point about Martinez but we scored more points than they did. That was a good thing and we ought to be that good again next year. Next...

True dat. None other than Pat Jones said "They could have played that game 100 times and UConn was never gonna beat OU." It was a BCS win though, which got one monkey off our back for sure.

Net gain.

Everyone always brings their A game against us because really they know we're the best.

Net gain.

I'll let someone else comment on the kickoff team but really I think you might want to reconsider your first question. Coaches Heupel and Norville (sp?) are in charge of the offense now. The company line is no drastic changes, but I think you will see some different stuff next year besides just Big-10 slam-ball, which we've had to deal with for several years now and which could have gotten Adrian hurt bad in more than one game back when he was getting almost all the reps. We'll be less predictable next year with Josh calling the plays. If something doesn't work it'll be just 'cause it didn't work, not 'cause everyone in the stadium knew what we were gonna do.

Net gain.

So... How many days?

ouwasp
3/3/2011, 09:17 PM
right now the thing that concerns me is the longer hair and beard I'm having to grow for a church play this Easter... it's driving me nuts. :O

as for the football concerns, like I said in the other hand-wringing thread, this stuff, if it has to happen, it's better to get it out on the table now rather than in July. Spring ball hasn't even started yet.

My actual concerns have remained the same for some time now; OL and KO coverage.... :rolleyes: ... some things never change. But I'm kinda thinking: They just have to improve. The odds agree.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/3/2011, 11:10 PM

soooo
by your calculations...we have only 6 major hurdles to clear?

given the fact that every school in America has a list of issues like this or longer....I like the way we look

MyT Oklahoma
3/3/2011, 11:27 PM
These are legitimate points of course but I'll worry about it when I can actually do anything about it. Otherwise I am just along for the ride.

CrimsonRez
3/4/2011, 12:07 AM
tough crowd we have lol

starclassic tama
3/4/2011, 12:20 AM

some sunshine pumping going on here. our depth at running back is sick? the best in the country? don't get me wrong, i think finch/clay/williams are talented, but we have a grand total of 547 yards coming back this fall.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 12:33 AM
It's not sunshine pumping to acknowledge that looking at how we finished last year, the players we lost, and who is returning looks favorable compared to the competition. But as the situation with Flemming demonstrates, much can happen before September. I believe this season will be similar to the last one - no dominant teams and we should have the pieces to be in the thick of it.

oudavid1
3/4/2011, 01:00 AM

btw, i would bet my car (it is worth some decent money) that Oklahoma dosnt win the natty this year.

Besides, i can afford a new one anyway :D

d.stOUgh
3/4/2011, 08:18 AM
Does anyone remember Coach Stoops talking to the freshmen in 2010? Called a special meeting as I recall.

The freshmen that did start kicked *ss and the ones that didn't are now redshirt freshmen. Throw in the current true freshmen class...I don't see a drop off but a chit pot of players that can't wait to be the next in line for Sooner Glory!

fla. st. imo, will be the test for OUr Sooners...OU wins that one...look out for #8!

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 08:21 AM
some sunshine pumping going on here. our depth at running back is sick? the best in the country? don't get me wrong, i think finch/clay/williams are talented, but we have a grand total of 547 yards coming back this fall.

Name one team that has better depth and quality RB's

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 08:29 AM

i'm not that familar with all of the other 119 teams. are you ???

CBUS_SOONER
3/4/2011, 08:51 AM
Cautiously optimistic? Yes.

Concerned? No.

I'm also cautiously optimistic and a little concerned... The reason I'm concerned is the way the offseason has been going. Anybody who has played a competitive sport in college knows how important the offseason is... and quite frankly, we have been awful. FSU will also be very difficult and could go either way imo

SoonerinSouthlake
3/4/2011, 09:01 AM
btw, i would bet my car (it is worth some decent money) that Oklahoma dosnt win the natty this year.

Besides, i can afford a new one anyway :D

OK David
If Sooners win the mnc...you have to give me your car. I'll take that bet

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 09:55 AM
i'm not that familar with all of the other 119 teams. are you ???

Here is a pre-season top 10 list.

1. Oklahoma

Roy Finch, Brennan Clay, Brandon Williams, Jonathan Miller, Jermie Calhoun
All 4 and 5 star guys

2. Alabama

Trent Richardson, Demetrius Goode
Richardson is a stud

3. Louisiana State
Michael Ford, Kenny Hilliard, Spencer Ware
pretty talented bunch, but the quality depth isn't there

4. Oregon
Lamichael James, Kenjon Barner, Lache Seachstrunk
Sick group. Could be argued either way

5. Stanford
Jeremy Stewart, Tyler Gafney, Stephan Taylor
A "whose who" of who the F are these guys?

6. Boise State
Doug Martin...The rest mostly RS

7. Ohio State
Jaamal Berry, Carlos Hyde
Talented, but no depth

8. Oklahoma State
Jeremy Smith, Josepth Randle
Talented, but no quality depth

9. Texas A&M
Cyrus Gray, Christine Michael
Same as puke state. Talented, no quality depth.

10. Florida State
Ty Jones, Lonnie Pryor, Jermaine Thomas
Talented, pretty good depth

So I pose the question again. Which team has better depth at the RB position and has better quality players? I only did the top 10. If you want the rest do your own damn research

oudavid1
3/4/2011, 10:13 AM
OK David
If Sooners win the mnc...you have to give me your car. I'll take that bet

solid maybe :D

KantoSooner
3/4/2011, 10:15 AM
This year will be interesting for a couple of reasons. It'll be Heuple's O. I don't think he'll go radically different from what we've seen, but it'll have some differences.
Second, No Demarco, no Madu. First really 'new' backfield for 4 years or so. I think we'll be good, but it'll be different.
Third, we'll have a more veteran line than anytime since '08.
Fourth, we have more talent at TE, in terms of innate ability and in terms of maturity, than we've had since '08.
All in all, the offense will likely look a bit different, but I am confident that it will be good and that the coachs will make the necessary adjustments to changes in personnel.

The Defense is not going to be as weak in the DB area as some think, in my opinion, but is still going to come down to whether we can penetrate and disrupt from the tackle positions. I think we're good enough, the rest of the way around, to stop all but the best teams cold....if our tackles are driving and disrupting.

Our recruting has been awfully good the last few years and we've had relatively few epidemics of flameout. This OU squad is as deep and talented as any in the country. (with the schollie limits, nobody is ever as deep as they want to be). The schedule sets up nicely with enough meat to make us legitimate and no real murderer's row to get through.

It's really going to be how focussed and hungry these men want to be.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 10:21 AM

Considering that we are a pass first team, I'd put more weight on returning QB, O-line and WR's than RBs. That's where we come up golden compared to other top teams and thus the all the #1 hype. Of course RB is still very important and DM was integral to our passing game in many ways.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 10:26 AM
Considering that we are a pass first team, I'd put more weight on returning QB, O-line and WR's than RBs. That's where we come up golden compared to other top teams and thus the all the #1 hype. Of course RB is still very important and DM was integral to our passing game in many ways.

Pass first? This isn't taco tech

The offense is balanced

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 10:26 AM

1. Oklahoma

All 4 and 5 star guys

2. Alabama

Richardson is a stud

3. Louisiana State

4. Oregon

5. Stanford

6. Boise State

7. Ohio State
Talented, but no depth

8. Oklahoma State

9. Texas A&M

10. Florida State

So I pose the question again. Which team has better depth at the RB position and has better quality players? I only did the top 10. If you want the rest do your own damn research

i could've really given a **** less in the 1st place.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 10:30 AM
i could've really given a **** less in the 1st place.

You said you weren't familiar with all 119 teams. I made you familiar with the first 10. You can figure out the rest on your own

pappy
3/4/2011, 10:33 AM

1. Oklahoma

All 4 and 5 star guys

2. Alabama

Richardson is a stud

3. Louisiana State

4. Oregon

5. Stanford

6. Boise State

7. Ohio State
Talented, but no depth

8. Oklahoma State

9. Texas A&M

10. Florida State

I'd put Oregon #1...are guys have potential but haven't done anything yet to warrant a #1 ranking. 4 out of 5 have gotten injured when they played and the other has never played a single snap on the college level...I'd leave Alabama at #2.

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 10:34 AM
Pass first? This isn't taco tech

The offense is balanced

We've been pass-first most years under Stoops and especially since '08. I'm not talking about balance, I'm talking about our main weapons and big play threats. We run to keep defenses honest and I'll change that opinion when we can average better than 4 yards/rush.

pappy
3/4/2011, 10:37 AM
We've been pass-first most years under Stoops and especially since '08. I'm not talking about balance, I'm talking about our main weapons and big play threats. We run to keep defenses honest and I'll change that opinion when we can average better than 4 yards/rush.

This

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 10:41 AM
You said you weren't familiar with all 119 teams. I made you familiar with the first 10. You can figure out the rest on your own

thank you very much !!!

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 10:52 AM

I'll add that I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I like the fact we have 2 QBs with Heisman's and a QB runner-up under Stoops. And LJ will be on everyones list this season if this offense performs as expected. I would like us to be a little more effective running, though. And it would be great if breaking one of our RBs for a long run wasn't as rare as hens teeth.

I agree with everything Kanto summarized about - the switch from KW to Heupel/Norvell is going to be very interesting. I'm amazed all the experts predicting a high preseason ranking for us don't mention the departure of KW as a big unknown.

LetErRip504225
3/4/2011, 11:19 AM
it's gonna be a fun season

I think OU is headed to New Orleans though, with Landry and Stills and Broyles all back, to go along with Finch. Defense is plenty loaded too.

Opponent in the game would prolly be Bama or LSU, imo.

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 11:32 AM

i apologize for my smart-*** comment.

OU_Sooners75
3/4/2011, 11:33 AM
Jacie, just remember: The other teams are replacing players too. It isn't whether you lose talent, but rather whether you lose more talent than the next team.

I think we'll be fine. National title? Well... maybe.

:eek:

Good post!

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2011, 11:52 AM
i apologize for my smart-*** comment.

No worries. I didn't get my E feelings hurt or anything...

texaspokieokie
3/4/2011, 12:09 PM
No worries. I didn't get my E feelings hurt or anything...

Coool !!

toast
3/4/2011, 12:17 PM
I am definitely concerned about the teams who are returning all 22 of their starters. ;)

btb916
3/4/2011, 04:59 PM
I'm not concerned. No reason to be. Lots of great players coming back to help the first-time starters. Lots of great young talent. Great coaching staff with a new offensive coordinator, who I think will be very good right out of the gate. I'm not so bold as Rex "foot-in-mouth" Ryan, who is already guaranteeing a super bowl win, but I have a lot of confidence that we will be in contention late in the year. Can't ask for more.

madillsoonerfan5353
3/4/2011, 05:15 PM

Every party has a pooper! This is OU we always get everyone's best shot!!
:gary:

BoulderSooner79
3/4/2011, 05:17 PM
I'm not concerned. No reason to be. Lots of great players coming back to help the first-time starters. Lots of great young talent. Great coaching staff with a new offensive coordinator, who I think will be very good right out of the gate. I'm not so bold as Rex "foot-in-mouth" Ryan, who is already guaranteeing a super bowl win, but I have a lot of confidence that we will be in contention late in the year. Can't ask for more.

You must be new around here :D

Piware
3/6/2011, 02:02 AM
Worry? Not in March.

I get excited about the Red & White game and seeing if the new kids' chops live up to the recruiting hype.

Start to think about in mid-July, think about it a lot in August when fall practice starts and by September I'm ready to board the crazy train and take the ride looking for #8.

AlbqSooner
3/6/2011, 07:25 AM
1. "Preseason hijinks"...

are unfortunate but anytime you have 80-something young men in the same place except maybe the service academies someone's gonna mess up.

BYU has players who are so depraved as to have pre-marital secks.:eek:

Always_Sooner
3/6/2011, 09:33 AM
I think it comes down to this. You have have 29 players with stater experience and you have depth.