PDA

View Full Version : ESPN e60 story on concussion

toast
3/1/2011, 11:14 PM
Did a search and didn't see anything, but I apologize if this has already been posted. With a son playing in college, watching this made me re-think some things....

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5163151

CowboyMRW
3/2/2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you so much for finding this story. I'm writing a research paper over concussions in football and this is of major help to me

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2011, 12:22 AM
With a son playing in college, watching this made me re-think some things....

Nope. Not gonna do it.

pphilfran
3/2/2011, 10:51 AM
I can't believe that there is not better technology for helmets...if there really is a concern, and it sounds like there should be, then helmets should be in for a radical change...

Scott D
3/2/2011, 02:14 PM
Depending on who you listen to, there are companies working on technologies for helmets to have better shock absorbing ability. We've already come a long way from Steve Tasker's "funny looking" helmet if you go from what it looked like to the newer model that Aaron Rodgers is now sporting. But, like most sports, it's going to take the players at the top level switching to the newer helmets before it becomes more cost effective in the trickle down for lower levels to afford the equipment needed.

I know that the NHL is looking at the possibility of banning the plastic caps on shoulder and elbow pads as a way of potentially reducing potential concussions in hockey.