Texas- Vasher, Blake Gideon, Aaron WilliamsOkie State- XLK and Bobbie Reid

:D :D :D

what about that guy from Cincy? lol

CrimsonRez
3/1/2011, 10:45 PM
we don't have rivals :D

BoulderSooner79
3/1/2011, 10:54 PM
A bone for the poke - OSU: Barry Sanders. Who the h*ll else could it be? Anyone who didn't love watching him run doesn't appreciate football.

soonerthanu
3/1/2011, 10:59 PM
http://www.filmdogsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/l_2361ae2ce9b54126a20bc164051d4cdf.jpg

nativesooner
3/1/2011, 11:11 PM
I don't know if I could say "favorite" but I had a lot of respect for Vernon Grant.

sooneron
3/1/2011, 11:31 PM
My fave osu player has to be Brent Parker.

yermom
3/1/2011, 11:50 PM
OSU is a rival? :P

from Texas, man i hated to see him do it, but Vince Young was awesome to watch if you forget who he played for

from Nebraska i want to say Eric Crouch, but i can't. i can't get over that Heisman Highlight double reverse. i just can't.

it didn't help that i was surrounded Texas fans watching that game. ugh.

sooneron
3/1/2011, 11:58 PM
Earl will be the ONLY UTerus player that I will ever respect.

CowboyMRW
3/2/2011, 12:02 AM
I just thought that this would be fun since it's the offseason and if you're a fan of football you've got to have some guys that went to other schools that you liked. You don't have to cheer for them but you respect them. I've given major props to Gerald McCoy, AD, and Lil Joe as them 3 are some of my favorite sooners of all time.

And to the dude that said Vernon Grant, that's awesome man. May he RIP. He was an awesome player and was a guy that did all the right things and it was sad to see his life end so early.

yermom
3/2/2011, 12:02 AM

VY ripping the hearts out of OSU two years in a row was just epic. that one 80 yard run on 3rd down was just sick.

getting blanked by us in 2004 was the last time he lost.

CowboyMRW
3/2/2011, 12:03 AM
VY ripping the hearts out of OSU two years in a row was just epic. that one 80 yard run on 3rd down was just sick.

getting blanked by us in 2004 was the last time he lost.

I only remember him ripping our hearts out once. Colt did it twice I know, actually I should say Jamaal Charles did it once, and the refs did it the other time

MamaMia
3/2/2011, 12:06 AM
Colt McCoy is a nice guy, but I never cheered for him or anything.

yermom
3/2/2011, 12:16 AM
I only remember him ripping our hearts out once. Colt did it twice I know, actually I should say Jamaal Charles did it once, and the refs did it the other time

i'm thinking 2004 and 2005

2004 was one of the craziest things i have seen

we were sitting in College Station just laughing at Texas being down 35-7, then proceed blow you guys out in the 2nd half win 49 unanswered points

then the next year we got back to the hotel after the game in Lincoln to see Texas down three scores to you guys again only to win in basically another blowout

maybe he didn't do it single handedly, but that first drive in the 2nd half of the 2005 game just sticks out.

but the way the tOSU, KU and MU games also went just kinda foreshadowed how the USC game was going to go...

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2011, 12:21 AM
Get ready for Colt McCoy pics from you-know-who.

oudavid1
3/2/2011, 12:38 AM
from a rival school?

For me it would be

OU: AD
Texas: Applewhite
TT: Barron Batch
Baylor: ???
AnM: Jaxon Appel

Texas
http://i52.tinypic.com/smacjm.jpg

Texas Tech
http://i53.tinypic.com/4juj9g.jpg
I remember that play too. So awesome.

Baylor
http://i53.tinypic.com/2isehzt.jpg

Texas A&M (easy choice, love this kid)
http://i56.tinypic.com/t80oqv.jpg

and OSU (easy, greatest player all of time in College)
http://i56.tinypic.com/2cx98bc.jpg

Salt City Sooner
3/2/2011, 12:42 AM
OSU- I'm biased towards Sanders, not only because of his ability, but when I was equipment mgr. of the football team back in my freshman year at HCC, his older brother Byron was one of our RB's. If there was a nicer guy on the team I wouldn't know who it was. Heck of a back too. He was a similar build as Barry, but he was a totally different back in that if he saw you were on your heels he'd plow you over. He went on to have back to back 1,000 seasons at Northwestern (& keep in mind, this was when NU royally stunk).

NU- Tom Rathman. 3 words: What a Fullback. Millard's all-purpose ability reminds me of him quite a bit.

UT- Applewhite

A&M- Q. Coryatt. One very bad man at LB.

CU- Darian Hagan. Watching him run that I-Bone was a blast.

KSU- Sproles. Love those Little Engine that Could types.

KU- Willie Pless. One HECK of a LB back in the early 80's. That guy was all over the place.

ISU- Troy Davis. Back to back 2,000 yd. years as a marked man? Gotta respect that.

Mizzou- Eric Wright. Starred for several years in that Niner D-backfield w/ Lott & co.

Baylor- Mike Singletary. Remember those eyes? They were just as intense in college.

Tech- Welker (see Sproles). I also liked Dwayne Slay. If that guy got you squared up, he'd detonate your arse into the middle of next week.

oudavid1
3/2/2011, 12:46 AM
OSU- I'm biased towards Sanders, not only because of his ability, but when I was equipment mgr. of the football team back in my freshman year at HCC, his older brother Byron was one of our RB's. If there was a nicer guy on the team I wouldn't know who it was. Heck of a back too. He was a similar build as Barry, but he was a totally different back in that if he saw you were on your heels he'd plow you over. He went on to have back to back 1,000 seasons at Northwestern (& keep in mind, this was when NU royally stunk).

NU- Tom Rathman. 3 words: What a Fullback. Millard's all-purpose ability reminds me of him quite a bit.

UT- Applewhite

A&M- Q. Coryatt. One very bad man at LB.

CU- Darian Hagan. Watching him run that I-Bone was a blast.

KSU- Sproles. Love those Little Engine that Could types.

KU- Willie Pless. One HECK of a LB back in the early 80's. That guy was all over the place.

ISU- Troy Davis. Back to back 2,000 yd. years as a marked man? Gotta respect that.

Mizzou- Eric Wright. Starred for several years in that Niner D-backfield w/ Lott & co.

Baylor- Mike Singletary. Remember those eyes? They were just as intense in college.

Tech- Welker (see Sproles). I also liked Dwayne Slay. If that guy got you squared up, he'd detonate your arse into the middle of next week.

I never knew he went there. wow.

Was he not highly recruited?

BoulderSooner79
3/2/2011, 01:22 AM
Graham Harrell TT in '08 was almost an OU MVP and therefore my favorite red raider.

Harrell to Crabtree to beat the horns at the last second gave us the division tie.

Harrell taking the beating in Norman put us ahead in the BCS tie breaker.

Harrell staging a 4th qtr. comeback against Baylor after being down by 21. Crabtree was injured early in the game and out; Harrell broke multiple bones in his left hand during the game and still pulled it off. If Baylor wins, the horns play in the CCG and, no doubt, the BCS title game.

Leroy Lizard
3/2/2011, 01:27 AM
Carlisle Indian School

http://www.notablebiographies.com/images/uewb_10_img0681.jpg

Texas

http://www.statesman.com/multimedia/dynamic/00168/lucgideon_168674e.jpg

CowboyMRW
3/2/2011, 03:02 AM
Did not even think of Singletary. Good call

Nebraska: Frazier is prolly my fave.

Mizzou: Maclin

CU: Stewart

KState: Lockett (i think this is his name) 1997 And Jordy Nelson

Kansas: Gale Sayers is the only one I can even think of off the top of my head.

MrJimBeam
3/2/2011, 06:27 AM
Aggies: Blackmon, Sanders, Gundy, Bobby Riley.

Corn: Gill, Rozier, Jarvis Redwine.

SoonerMarkVA
3/2/2011, 09:50 AM

Definitely.

And Sanders is the OSU equivalent to this statement.

Tech, Baylor, and A&M? Eh, who cares.

sooneron
3/2/2011, 10:02 AM
I'll respect Sanders too. I just don't think I could EVER call him the best college player. Had ONE year. Yes it was probably the best all time, but one year doesn't do it for me. Hell, if AD had managed another 1925 + yards his soph year (caution homerism coming), I may have put him above Sanders. And yes, I saw Sanders play, a LOT. I was a Junior at OU when he won the Heisman.

David, who is the aggy #17? I'm drawing a blank and too lazy...

stoops the eternal pimp
3/2/2011, 10:03 AM

Little pre-Big 12 history lesson.

Baylor was a pretty good football program for a number of years in the late 70s-80s...Not national championships teams, but a quality program..Grant Teaff is one of the more respected coaches in college football...They basically split their series with Texas while he was there, beating the horns 10 times in that 21 year span.

So no, its not a matter of not being highly recruited.

oudavid1
3/2/2011, 10:20 AM
Little pre-Big 12 history lesson.

Baylor was a pretty good football program for a number of years in the late 70s-80s...Not national championships teams, but a quality program..Grant Teaff is one of the more respected coaches in college football...They basically split their series with Texas while he was there, beating the horns 10 times in that 21 year span.

So no, its not a matter of not being highly recruited.

I remember reading about Teaff alot, he was a quality guy. And i always just thought they were a so-so team. Thanks STEP!

OhU1
3/2/2011, 02:11 PM
Texas Tech - Michael Crabtree beat UT in 2008 with ,01 left.

OSU - Barry Sanders

Texas - Kevin Durant!

cantwait48
3/2/2011, 02:15 PM
earl campbell
tommy frazier

Mad Dog Madsen
3/2/2011, 02:54 PM
Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, and Wes Welker. That is all...

yermom
3/2/2011, 03:09 PM
I'll respect Sanders too. I just don't think I could EVER call him the best college player. Had ONE year. Yes it was probably the best all time, but one year doesn't do it for me. Hell, if AD had managed another 1925 + yards his soph year (caution homerism coming), I may have put him above Sanders. And yes, I saw Sanders play, a LOT. I was a Junior at OU when he won the Heisman.

David, who is the aggy #17? I'm drawing a blank and too lazy...

Tannehill?

soonergirlNeugene
3/2/2011, 03:33 PM
Ok, from a rival school I guess I'd pick Colt if I had to. He seems like a pretty good guy and I loved his response to Sam's question about burnt orange. Plus even though he has scoreboard on us, had he not been so good, Mack might have been on the hot seat last season and I want Texas to keep him around as long as possible.

From another school, it'd be

KState - Sproles, that guy has some freakish talent despite his size

OkState - Sanders is the easy pick, but I also kinda like Weeden. Coming back to school and switching sports and all, it's a cool story.

A&M - Toooombs! Always felt bad for the guy. He was criminally underused during his time at College Station.

Baylor - GriffinIII, He had to know going there was going to hurt his exposure but he did it anyway.

Nebraska - Suh - Nobody has looked better plowing over Colt McCoy.

TTech - Crabtree Purely for that last touchdown catch against Texas. Thank you!!!

C&CDean
3/2/2011, 03:57 PM
My favorite players from opposing schools are the ones who helped us win or who were an embarrassment to their own school.

Texas - Chrissie
OSU - Dexter and Hart Lee
A&M - Frannochio

Salt City Sooner
3/2/2011, 07:53 PM

He was overlooked a bit, w/ the knock on him being that he was too light.

His Sr. year at BU, they ran the slate in the SWC, but got killed in the Cotton Bowl by Bama. They also lost 1 OOC game to San Jose St. Jack Elway was SJSU's coach, & he wasn't bashful about flinging the ball around, something that they didn't see a whole lot of in the SWC.

A Sooner in Texas
3/2/2011, 08:09 PM
My favorite players from opposing schools are the ones who helped us win or who were an embarrassment to their own school.

Texas - Chrissie
OSU - Dexter and Hart Lee
A&M - Frannochio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS, all the way.

oudavid1
3/2/2011, 11:35 PM
Tannehill?

Win.

QB, Holder, Receiver.

jersey sooner
3/3/2011, 12:07 AM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/93746370de.jpg

EatLeadCommie
3/3/2011, 03:15 AM
My like of Texas players is directly proportionate to my dislike of them...and I didn't really HATE them so much until we were in the same conference. And since then, I have only liked a few Texas players... Like many here, I always liked Applesauce. He was a gamer and I thought it was funny when he flipped off the OU fans. But the player I always liked to watch was Derrick Johnson at linebacker.

For OSU it's obvious Barry Sanders.

The rest of the schools I don't give two craps about.

Leroy Lizard
3/3/2011, 04:09 AM
http://www.subnews.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tim_tebow_head_shot.jpg

BoulderSooner79
3/3/2011, 10:50 AM
I was watching some of the NFL combine on Sunday and they mentioned that Tebow had the top time in one of the drills last year (3 cone, I think).

The time was 6.66 sec. That struck me as funny for some reason.

SoonerOX
3/3/2011, 12:26 PM
Texas- the great Earl
OSU- Barry
Misery- Maclin
Nebbish-Tommie Frazier

I don't think anyone else counts as a historical rival.