PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to anti-Semitism this guy really got his money's worth

mgsooner
3/1/2011, 12:25 PM
Watch the video

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/03/01/portman.galliano/index.html?hpt=C1

yermom
3/1/2011, 12:31 PM
i guess i knew Natalie Portman was Jewish, but i didn't think about it

how can you be an anti-Semite with Jews that hawt? :D

well, he is a designer. he's probably ghey

virginiasooner
3/1/2011, 12:46 PM
i guess i knew Natalie Portman was Jewish, but i didn't think about it

how can you be an anti-Semite with Jews that hawt? :D

well, he is a designer. he's probably ghey

Galliano IS GAY. Which makes his "I love H*****" remark sound completely retarded. Guess he doesn't know what the pink triangle means.

1890MilesToNorman
3/1/2011, 01:23 PM
Gimme the $50 cause you be wrong! I'll take it in tens.

Chuck Bao
3/1/2011, 02:26 PM
I can't watch the video but WTH?

Anti-Semitism also means anti-Arab. Count me as one of those that say let them clean up their own bloody mess. If they didn't have outside forces influencing them, then they would have to finally deal with one another.

Veritas
3/1/2011, 03:28 PM
I can't watch the video but WTH?

Anti-Semitism also means anti-Arab. Count me as one of those that say let them clean up their own bloody mess. If they didn't have outside forces influencing them, then they would have to finally deal with one another.
D'ya think so? It seems like either side would prefer genocide. Which actually, would make your argument valid.

AlboSooner
3/1/2011, 05:09 PM
One has to try really hard to put any importance to the words said by a fashion designer who was high on something, but I find it interesting that any Hitleric comment is tied automatically to Israel. Europeans died by the scores at the hands of Hitler and his army. There isn't a European nation that didn't lose people to the NAZI regime.

What if the girl towards whom the comment was directed was Polish, or French, or British, would the comment be less offensive? I think not.

mgsooner
3/1/2011, 05:35 PM
I guess I should have said "When it comes to pro-Hitlerism this guy really got his money's worth"

2121Sooner
3/2/2011, 02:02 PM
Gimme the $50 cause you be wrong! I'll take it in tens.

Ha! My post got deleted .....classic faggery

TheHumanAlphabet
3/2/2011, 03:15 PM
Being drunk in public is never a good thing...

Oldnslo
3/2/2011, 03:31 PM
One has to try really hard to put any importance to the words said by a fashion designer who was high on something, but I find it interesting that any Hitleric comment is tied automatically to Israel. Europeans died by the scores at the hands of Hitler and his army. There isn't a European nation that didn't lose people to the NAZI regime.

What if the girl towards whom the comment was directed was Polish, or French, or British, would the comment be less offensive? I think not.

I know that YOU know, but Israel didn't exist in WW 2. The comment isn't directed at "Israel" as a country, but at Jews. By and large, Hitler didn't exterminate folks because they were Polish or Czechs. He chose to kill gypsies, homosexuals, and his Final Solution, the extermination of Jews.

At it's highpoint, before WW 2, the worldwide population of Jews was about 18 million souls.

Hitler did away with about 6 million. You know, 33%.

Imagine any population that lost 1/3 of its members because of something.

C&CDean
3/2/2011, 04:20 PM
psffft. Like you know anything about it...

AlboSooner
3/2/2011, 04:27 PM
I know that YOU know, but Israel didn't exist in WW 2. The comment isn't directed at "Israel" as a country, but at Jews. By and large, Hitler didn't exterminate folks because they were Polish or Czechs. He chose to kill gypsies, homosexuals, and his Final Solution, the extermination of Jews.

At it's highpoint, before WW 2, the worldwide population of Jews was about 18 million souls.

Hitler did away with about 6 million. You know, 33%.

Imagine any population that lost 1/3 of its members because of something.
We don't have to imagine, we know the terror of the Holocaust. However, you turned it into a grim competition of numbers. I didn't make a number-based argument.

If a person who had Jewish grandparents, but was born and raised in Poland and was killed in the Holocaust, shouldn't Poland mourn the loss of their son?

Russia lost 23,954,000 million people as a result of Hitler, is than less painful that 6 million Jews in the Holocaust? No. Tragedy is tragedy. My question was why is Hitler automatically tied to anti-Semitism (why is Seimitism only a property of Jews is another question), when everybody lost a lot of people?

This doesn't nullify the Jewish pain and struggle.

C&CDean
3/2/2011, 04:31 PM
Albo,

What I think you're missing here is that Hitler targeted Russians/Poles/Brits/etc. as a military/strategic exercise. If you're going to control all of Europe you have to take all those folks out.

He targeted Jews for simply being Jews. His final solution didn't have anything to do with any of those countries by definition. It was specifically targeted at people of the Jewish faith everywhere in the world. He wanted to kill EVERY Jew there was.

texaspokieokie
3/2/2011, 06:41 PM
how many germans were lost as a result of stalin ??

mgsooner
3/2/2011, 10:57 PM
X's genocide was worse than Y's genocide!!