PDA

View Full Version : Government Accountibilty Office

delhalew
3/1/2011, 12:08 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/appropriations/146695-republicans-welcome-gao-report-see-path-to-saving-addition-billions-

Coburn worked this report into the last raising of the debt ceiling.

Speaking of the redundant and wasteful spending, Coburn said, the report makes lawmakers look like "jackasses". Well, you said it Tom.

soonerscuba
3/1/2011, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't count myself in Coburn's camp, but I have nothing but respect for the guy. However, all of those duplicative items are produced or managed in someone's district and I have no faith whatsoever that the sausage won't get made.

delhalew
3/1/2011, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't count myself in Coburn's camp, but I have nothing but respect for the guy. However, all of those duplicative items are produced or managed in someone's district and I have no faith whatsoever that the sausage won't get made.

His point is well made. If you want to cut spending, there's a hundred billion. So then what excuse is there to keep spending.

I respect Tom for moving the conversation forward. He could have just rubber stamped another expansion of the debt ceiling.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/1/2011, 01:35 PM
You go Tom!!!

okie52
3/1/2011, 02:02 PM
Coburn is one of the true fiscal conservatives in congress. Somehow he also manages to reach across the aisle in a non adversarial manner that allows for compromises between the 2 sides (where possible).

47straight
3/1/2011, 03:28 PM
Coburn is one of the true fiscal conservatives in congress. Somehow he also manages to reach across the aisle in a non adversarial manner that allows for compromises between the 2 sides (where possible).

I like how he manages to irritate his own party to the point of getting yelled at on the floor of the Senate. You're doing something right when that happens.

47straight
3/1/2011, 03:35 PM

I like how he manages to irritate his own party to the point of getting yelled at on the floor of the Senate. You're doing something right when that happens.

Turd_Ferguson
3/1/2011, 03:40 PM
I like how he manages to irritate his own party to the point of getting yelled at on the floor of the Senate. You're doing something right when that happens.You can say that again

okie52
3/1/2011, 03:42 PM
He is easy to figure out on fiscal matters. Simply balance the budget and eliminate waste. Really hard points for either side to argue with yet somehow they do.

REDREX
3/1/2011, 05:54 PM
I am suprised they don't **** away more than that-----Gov't has no accountability---even if an agency is worthless it keeps getting funded---

cccasooner2
3/1/2011, 06:30 PM
"More disturbing is the fact that a similar report was released in 2001 showing hundreds of billions in egregious waste and nothing was done to address it."

Why should it be any different now? The report was obviously in error!