PDA

View Full Version : Elliott Blair

catch106
2/28/2011, 11:57 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that he should get a shot at more PT? I've been impressed with his hitting this season and I think he can contribute come conference time. I realize that the OF is crowded and that Mistich is the DH, but I just wish there was a way to play Mistich at 2B (like he did over the weekend) and let Blair DH or have Blair be the 4th outfielder.

Thoughts?

Ardmore_Sooner
3/1/2011, 12:35 AM
I have a feeling that we will see #39 playing at times, especially during weekday games. Elliot is a good player, and he'll see playing time this year, but not a lot of starts.

bcolston15
3/1/2011, 01:08 AM
Gotta keep him on the bench for late inning pinch hitting/defense. SG loves to have guys like Blair for just that.

YardbirdOG
3/1/2011, 09:21 AM
The greatest thing about this team is DEPTH. How many years have we said..."if we only had one more here or there"... I think coach G understands that and why he was so upset about bridging the gaps this weekend. He wasn't talking just pitching, he was talking about batting and fielding too. It is a luxury in College to have the ability to sit someone and let them clear their head while a teammate goes out and picks them up.

soonertravis
3/2/2011, 11:01 PM
White or Mistich plays 2B, the other DHs. Ross is hitting it well right now. Ellison and Reine are very good in CF and RF. And we have Casey Johnson. A good problem to have.

I think guys are going to have pressure to produce right away. If you don't, someone else can step in and do it.