PDA

View Full Version : Amazing statistic

bcolston15
2/28/2011, 04:29 PM
We've hit 14 homeruns as a team this season. The rest of the conference combined has 22.

We've scored 119 runs. Tech is 2nd with 67. We have 105 RBI's. Tech is 2nd with 57.

I don't think people realize how special the lineup we have this season truly is.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 05:20 PM
I'll reserve judgement until we get to San Diego/conference pitching, but yeah, we look pretty dang impressive. We just might have the makings of a very special season.

bcolston15
2/28/2011, 05:39 PM
I'll reserve judgement until we get to San Diego/conference pitching, but yeah, we look pretty dang impressive. We just might have the makings of a very special season.

The jury is still out on the pitching. However, there isn't much left to judge on the offensive side, we're just a great hitting club.

Sooner95
2/28/2011, 06:46 PM
Agree, when we get to the SD tourney, then we'll see how we stack up. One thing is certain, if we are as good as we think, then destroying weaker teams is what we were supposed to do.

So far, so good.

bufsa
2/28/2011, 07:08 PM
The teams we played were pretty soft teams because they don't have the bench not becuase of their starters. They each have at least one quality pitcher. The teams behind OU didn't play CWS teams the past two weeks either.

IndySooner
2/28/2011, 07:27 PM
Doing a little research for an article I'm writing for my site and it's AMAZING what the shortened schedule has done to the quality of opponents in the first two weeks all around the country.

There used to be really good matchups right out of the gate. Now, it's pretty brutal.

I don't care who we're playing against, this is the best top-to-bottom lineup in the country. I agree with Colston, the pitching is where we'll find out a LOT about our team this weekend. Especially Sunday.

SoonerHoops
2/28/2011, 09:15 PM
These guys can flat out rake

soonertravis
2/28/2011, 11:14 PM
I am pumped about the lineup depth. Casey Johnson, Mistach, and Busheyhead will make this lineup dynamite as they work in and provide depth. I worry only about strikeouts. We need to cut down on them compared to last year, but it is really hard to complain. These guys can flat hit.

And the depth of pitching appears much better than in years past. John, Overton, Smith, and Shambaugh have all been great so far. Cannot wait for this little road trip.