PDA

View Full Version : And of course Farrakhan...

swardboy
2/28/2011, 03:50 PM
....comes along. This nutjob worries me somewhat.

From Chicago Tribune:

Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan predicted on Sunday that America faces imminent uprisings that mirror those in the Middle East.

“What you are looking at in Tunisia, in Egypt … Libya, in Bahrain … what you see happening there … you’d better prepare because it will be coming to your door,” Farrakhan said in a booming voice, thousands of followers cheering in his wake.

Farrakhan also called on President Barack Obama to allow protesters to march, urging the president not to attack innocent people when they do.

The controversial minster spoke to a packed house at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont as part of the 81st annual celebration of Saviours' Day, which marks the birth of the faith’s founder, W. Fard Muhammad.

The keynote address, titled “God will send saviours,” capped a weekend of workshops focused on health, preparing for natural disasters and unidentified flying objects. The Nation of Islam believes in a UFO called “the wheel” or “the Mother Plane.”

Farrakhan has described a 1985 religious experience in which he ascended into a flying saucer and heard the voice of Elijah Muhammad predicting historical events that came to pass.

For about four hours, Farrakhan spoke and jumped from topic to topic, citing religious texts.
He praised Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Farrakhan extolled the virtues of Scientology and its auditing process, which is considered spiritual counseling by its members.
“L. Ron Hubbard is so exceedingly valuable to every Caucasian person on this earth,” Farrakhan said.
“… L. Ron Hubbard himself was and is trying to civilize white people and make them better human beings and take away from them their reactive minds … Mr. Hubbard recognized that his people have to be civilized,” Farrakhan said to a cheering crowd.

mgsooner
2/28/2011, 03:55 PM
Ooooh, Farrakhan and Hubbard joining forces. Now that would be something. Nation of Islamology.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 03:59 PM
I take better ****s than Louis Farrakhan. He's a harmless blowhard to me. If I was in Chicago in the hood I might feel differently.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/28/2011, 04:30 PM
Farrakhan = civilized? I would have never gotten that equation...

Mississippi Sooner
2/28/2011, 04:32 PM
I honestly didn't know Farrakhan was still alive.

bonkuba
2/28/2011, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately yes......

OUMallen
2/28/2011, 04:50 PM
How does anyone, and I mean ANYONE, listen to him/take him seriously???

OULenexaman
2/28/2011, 04:57 PM
I honestly didn't know Farrakhan was still alive. not by much....he only gets out about once a year.....just for this event. He is WAY....WAY....out there.:eek: :eek:

Bourbon St Sooner
2/28/2011, 05:03 PM
How can one not eat pork? I mean seriously, bacon is proof that God loves his people.

Breadburner
2/28/2011, 05:04 PM
Full of **** and rhetoric.....

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2011, 05:18 PM
“What you are looking at in Tunisia, in Egypt … Libya, in Bahrain … what you see happening there … you’d better prepare because it will be coming to your door,”

Not if it knows what's good for it.

okie52
2/28/2011, 05:21 PM
Has Louis been hangin with Charlie?

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2011, 05:23 PM
The keynote address, titled “God will send saviours,” capped a weekend of workshops focused on health, preparing for natural disasters and unidentified flying objects. The Nation of Islam believes in a UFO called “the wheel” or “the Mother Plane.

And suddenly militant Islam takes on a Rastafarian flavor. :rolleyes:

SoonerStormchaser
2/28/2011, 06:17 PM
5H0_pK4gZ-0

KantoSooner
2/28/2011, 06:55 PM
Now, don't insult Rastafarianism, which is so far ahead of NOI in terms of internal logic it defies description.

Just for example, the practice of firing a cannon each evening towards Rome to warn off 'The Popes'. Now, that's a fine habit, considering what we know of the proclivities of the Roman Catholic clergy.

Plus Rastas invented reggae and consider doobie to be God's gift to man. If THAT's not trenchant, I have no idea what is.

IN fact, that's it. I'm off to the Cockpit country to become a rasta. I'll try to recruit some players for OU. Oughta be some rangy WR types running around down there. Prolly a bit difficult to get 'em past an NCAA pee test. But you never know.

Scott D
2/28/2011, 07:12 PM
so sward, you are saying that there's no chance of anyone marching on Washington demanding change from the current status quo?

soonercruiser
2/28/2011, 10:53 PM
Has Louis been hangin with Charlie?

I don't know.
But, they both definately need "hangin"!
:mad:

soonercruiser
2/28/2011, 10:59 PM
5H0_pK4gZ-0

Guess I'm watchin' too much news and NASCAR.
I've been missing some good stuff!
:D

Whet
2/28/2011, 11:36 PM
Ole Barry and Louis were neighbors back in Chicago. Remember when his thug followers tried to chase the reporters off of his property, when they were covering Barry?

OUmillenium
3/1/2011, 10:18 AM
5H0_pK4gZ-0

legendary, i once had that episode on vhs!