PDA

View Full Version : Boo-freaking-hoo Bob. Get over it already.

oudavid1
2/28/2011, 12:32 PM
Posted by John Taylor on February 28, 2011, 8:16 AM EST

In the past, Bob Stoops has not been shy in expressing his disdain for being forced to coach against one of his brothers.

Most notably, the Sun Bowl was chomping at the bit to pit Stoops’ Oklahoma Sooners against Mike Stoops‘ Arizona Wildcats in the 2009 postseason. In the run-up to bids being doled out, Mike said such a matchup “would be very uncomfortable for probably everyone“; Bob said “we’d prefer not to” have a Stoops Bowl.

In the end, the brothers’ wishes were granted.

A year later, with Mark Stoops serving as the defensive coordinator at Florida State, the Sooners hung 47 points on that brother’s defense in a 30-point romp over the Seminoles. The two schools are scheduled to meet yet again in 2011 — this time in Tallahassee — and Bob Stoops still can’t hide his disdain for having the opportunity to Cain his Abel brother in back-to-back years.

“No, because of all the improvement they’ve made,” the Sooners coach said when asked by the Orlando Sentinel if he was looking to forward to playing Florida State again. And then he really got into the gist of his “no”.

“It’s no fun playing your brother. In the end, it’s not what you want. I said that going into the game a year ago, I didn’t like it and I knew I didn’t like it and after the game I was sure of it. But they are doing a great job so I am proud of him for that and I know they are going to continue to make improvements.”

Boo-freaking-hoo Bob. Get over it already. He’s on the schedule; deal with it and move on.

Really?

Link (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/o-brother-where-art-thou-bob-stoops-still-wishes-it-wasnt-on-opposing-sideline/#comments)

Sooner_Bob
2/28/2011, 12:37 PM
Are you an only child?

oudavid1
2/28/2011, 12:41 PM
Are you an only child?

number 4 out of 5

Sooner_Bob
2/28/2011, 12:42 PM
number 4 out of 5

And beating a sibling makes you feel good? :)

jumperstop
2/28/2011, 12:47 PM
I think he was dissing on how the guy was saying boo-hoo to stoops. I think you thought he wrote that last part or something. What are you even talking about?

yermom
2/28/2011, 12:48 PM
i think he was calling out the author, amirite?

it's pretty crappy to have to play your brother like that. it's one thing if he was established, but he's in the middle of helping to rebuild FSU and i'm sure beating him down last year wasn't pleasant. Mike had said the same things about having to play Iowa.

i'm sure they'll get over it, but it's not like he's trying to change the schedule, he just said he wasn't looking forward to that aspect.

Kilmer
2/28/2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah I think David was siding with Stoops here and the writer was doing the bashing.

I have 2 brothers and can definitely understand how that would be uncomfortable going up against them.

texas-sooner
2/28/2011, 12:55 PM
Yea that's what I got out of it, I'm guessing Sooner Bob thought otherwise

MojoRisen
2/28/2011, 01:01 PM
Bob hang half a hundred and leave little brother a semi-hole after his butt raping.

AlboSooner
2/28/2011, 01:07 PM
The author doesn't understand the fact that when you lay 50 pts on your brother, that doesn't help him.

jumperstop
2/28/2011, 01:11 PM
The author doesn't understand the fact that when you lay 50 pts on your brother, that doesn't help him.

The author doesn't understand that a serious/reputable author doesn't use the word boo-hoo in a published article.

Sooner_Bob
2/28/2011, 01:13 PM
DOH!

rekamrettuB
2/28/2011, 01:22 PM
The author doesn't understand that a serious/reputable author doesn't use the word boo-hoo in a published article.

Ya how many of those are still around in this day and age?

swardboy
2/28/2011, 01:43 PM
Bob hang half a hundred and leave little brother a semi-hole after his butt raping.

But how do you really feel?

sooner518
2/28/2011, 01:51 PM
the commenters over there are unbelievably retarded. This genius rips on our OOC schedule:

You’re kidding right? I’m IN TULSA, OKLAHOMA. Just exactly where do I have to be to be familiar with his schedule? Listen, genius, since 2000, when he got there, he has played: (2000) UTEP, Arkansas State and Rice. (2001) North Texas and Tulsa. (2002) Tulsa, UTEP and the newly minted I-A, South Florida. (2003) North Texas (2004) Bowling Green and Houston (2005) Tulsa (2006) UAB and Middle Tennessee (2007) North Texas, Utah State and Tulsa (2008) Tennessee-Chattanooga (2009) Idaho State and Tulsa (2010) Utah State.

i notice he leaves out Alabama 2X, Miami 2X, UCLA 2X, TCU 2X, FSU 2X, BYU, Cincy 2X, Washington (turned out to be bad but didnt know it at the time), Oregon 2X, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Louisville.

BoulderSooner79
2/28/2011, 01:57 PM
the commenters over there are unbelievably retarded. This genius rips on our OOC schedule:

i notice he leaves out Alabama 2X, Miami 2X, UCLA 2X, TCU 2X, FSU 2X, BYU, Cincy 2X, Washington (turned out to be bad but didnt know it at the time), Oregon 2X, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Louisville.

And he neglects to compare the OOC teams that other elite programs played in that period.

soonerboomer93
2/28/2011, 01:59 PM
Really?

Link (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/o-brother-where-art-thou-bob-stoops-still-wishes-it-wasnt-on-opposing-sideline/#comments)

let put it simple, blogs like *******s, everyone has one and they all stink.

who cares.

boomermagic
2/28/2011, 03:44 PM
No, Bob doesn't want to play his brother I understand that but he wasn't crying about it.. What the hell is the guy's problem ? Maybe he would love to beat down his brother but Bob and most of us wouldn't.. The guy is a dousche..

stoopified
2/28/2011, 03:55 PM
And he neglects to compare the OOC teams that other elite programs played in that period.How many tough OOC games do UF,the U and FSU have over the last 10 years?

MamaMia
2/28/2011, 05:04 PM
That guy named edgy on the comment portion thinks we play a weak non conference schedule. He backtracked a little but still...

oudavid1
2/28/2011, 09:39 PM
I am defiantly on Bobs side.

soonerloyal
2/28/2011, 11:31 PM
It's journalistic gems like Taylor's that proves they'll print anything during the slow offseason. I hope they didn't pay him for that litter liner.

Leroy Lizard
3/1/2011, 12:23 AM
Somewhere in the article is a story. Not sure where, but it must be in there.

mightysooner
3/1/2011, 12:28 AM
I agree I think the whole "I don't wanna play my brothers" is weak. As the youngest, I always wanted to beat my brothers. He needs to quit crying. There are tougher things in life than squaring off against your own brother in sports.

BoulderSooner79
3/1/2011, 12:32 AM
I agree I think the whole "I don't wanna play my brothers" is weak. As the youngest, I always wanted to beat my brothers. He needs to quit crying. There are tougher things in life than squaring off against your own brother in sports.

I don't see it as weak - I see it as Bob answering the question. If that's the way he feels, is it worth lying about? I'm sure it will not have any impact on either Bob or Mark's game preparations.

King Barry's Back
3/1/2011, 07:35 AM
i think he was calling out the author, amirite?

it's pretty crappy to have to play your brother like that. it's one thing if he was established, but he's in the middle of helping to rebuild FSU and i'm sure beating him down last year wasn't pleasant. Mike had said the same things about having to play Iowa.

i'm sure they'll get over it, but it's not like he's trying to change the schedule, he just said he wasn't looking forward to that aspect.

Hard to know for sure, but my guess is that Bob doesn't hate to play his brothers, as much as he would hate playing a role in getting one of them fired.

Bob has said he would be happy to play one of his brothers' teams in the championship game. It's pretty clear that a coach who gets his team to the championsip game is not getting fired.

However, Mike does seem potentially one more loss away from getting the boot in Tucson, and if FSU's D gets hammered by the Sooners for a second year in a row, that won't say anything good about their D-coordinator.

That's why I think he doesn't want to do the inter-family stuff if he can help it.

oudavid1
3/1/2011, 07:43 AM
Yeah, in case anyone didnt realize, he beats his little bro's defense by 3 again and little bro dosnt have a big time job for a while. I am the 4th/5 and i love beating my siblings, but on the golf course where money and career arent ever in play.

Soonermagik
3/1/2011, 08:13 AM
Playing your sibling isn't a fun deal. College football is a business and someone has to lose. I'm sure he felt bad after the butt kicking they put on his D last year.

oudavid1
3/1/2011, 10:38 AM
Playing your sibling isn't a fun deal. College football is a business and someone has to lose. I'm sure he felt bad after the butt kicking they put on his D last year.

He did once say he would love to play Mike or Marc in one game, the BCS Championship. He said that would be ok.