PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get hosed by Academy S&O for the girls bball promo gift?

nativesooner
2/27/2011, 10:01 PM
First off, I don't really shop at Academy, mostly because I live in Lawton and we don't have one. A while back Academy sponsored "Blake Griffin" night at the LNC. At the game, they gave away promo cards to the first X number of fans. If you had the right card, you could meet Blake after the game. If you had the other cards, you could redeem that for a free gift at Academy. Well I didn't get to meet Blake so I drove across town to get the gift only to be told that they were all out.

Today was "Gerald McCoy" day at the LNC and Academy had the same promo going on. The girls played a fantastic (though the officiating was horrid at times) and of course the cards my neice and I received weren't winners. Again we battled post game traffic to get across town and when we arrived at Academy they said they knew nothing about it. About 10 of us arrived at the same time and were told to come back tomorrow because they didn't have any gifts to give. A few of us out of town folks pleaded our case to the manager but he said he had no control over the situation. A lady asked if we could get coupons or even a $1 keychain and we were told no. The lady asked him why they would advertise that all week and not have anything prepared and he told her to call corporate.

Should I/we care? I mean it was a "free" gift. What would you folks do, if anything? Call corporate? Call and complain to OU? Call congress? :D Any comments?

Ruf/Nek7
2/27/2011, 10:08 PM
That's like getting the free Raising Canes and they saying they ran out of chicken and or didn't know the promo was going on and therefore charging you for both meals. HELL YA I WOULD BE MAD!:mad:

badger
2/27/2011, 10:45 PM
That's like getting the free Raising Canes and they saying they ran out of chicken and or didn't know the promo was going on and therefore charging you for both meals. HELL YA I WOULD BE MAD!:mad:

It's funny because it was in question most of the game if we were ever gonna hit a third three, unlike the men's game the day before, which hit 3 3's right away.

MsProudSooner2
2/27/2011, 11:03 PM
'Corporate' might care of Joe C. contacted them. Send him an email. [email protected].

Ruf/Nek7
2/27/2011, 11:15 PM
It's funny because it was in question most of the game if we were ever gonna hit a third three, unlike the men's game the day before, which hit 3 3's right away.

Not quite like it was back in 05-06 season with Higgins, Welch, and Rush dropping tre's all game...oh and Krista Sanchez looking hot all game.

badger
2/27/2011, 11:15 PM
Meh, I'm complaining about the LNC shadowboxes first. :)

MsProudSooner2
2/27/2011, 11:26 PM
Meh, I'm complaining about the LNC shadowboxes first. :)

Those need some work and Blake needs his own.

badger
2/28/2011, 11:38 AM
Those need some work and Blake needs his own.

Word. My complaint might be kind of late though, seeing how both teams only have senior night left at LNC. I guess there's always the women's postseason that will likely get hosted here for two rounds...

All I know is that if Stacey saw on that board that she still worked for ESPN... :D

fwsooner22
3/2/2011, 06:50 PM
They were all trying to figure out a way to fix the frickin' clock at the LNC. What a national embarrassment that it is.

BusterRhymes86
3/2/2011, 08:34 PM
Come on man....Nothing in life is free