about what?

mgsooner
2/27/2011, 02:03 AM
exactly

SoCaliSooner
2/27/2011, 02:03 AM
:rolleyes:
Im butt hurt :D

Change your tampon and turn off Oprah. You're getting all emotional...

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 02:08 AM

Ellen gives good advice Vet.

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 02:08 AM
Change your tampon and turn off Oprah. You're getting all emotional...Dont make him mad.:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 02:14 AM
nobody cares

Kiss my grits bitch :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 02:17 AM
Dont make him mad.:rolleyes:

Cause I been to Prison and I dont Mind going Back

soonerinkaty
2/27/2011, 02:20 AM
Hell, 3 meals a day that you don't have to pay for, who wouldn't mind going back?

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 02:24 AM
They dont like me either. I keep getting blue dots.

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 02:26 AM
Hell, 3 meals a day that you don't have to pay for, who wouldn't mind going back?

HMMMM 3 squares , KC,Profit an Socali :D

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 02:27 AM
They dont like me either. I keep getting blue dots.

We aint posed to bitch about that :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 02:29 AM
I bitch about everything damnit!

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 02:32 AM
I bitch about everything damnit!

:D

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 02:56 AM

Hey Cali i dont cry about spek cause i dont give a **** lol
:D

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 03:17 AM
don't forget, vet, that he's southern cal ... you and I are no cal, so we'll always be tight, right? kinda like blood brothers.

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 03:19 AM
Once he learns we're all Sooners and that Cal **** don't hold weight around here....he might pull his head out

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 03:38 AM
Once he learns we're all Sooners and that Cal **** don't hold weight around here....he might pull his head out

But they need to learn:D

sooner59
2/27/2011, 04:02 AM
¡ʇıɯnʎɐp uʍop ǝpısdn pɐǝɹ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ ˙ǝɯ oʇ sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ʇno sǝɯoɔ ʇı 'ʇsod ʎǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ

The Profit
2/27/2011, 04:04 AM

I believe I will choose to learn from someone, who still has their own teeth, has shaved during the last decade, bathed during the last year and can wipe their own butt.

olevetonahill
2/27/2011, 04:31 AM
I believe I will choose to learn from someone, who still has their own teeth, has shaved during the last decade, bathed during the last year and can wipe their own butt.

Oh Noes ya Butt hurt me again :eek:

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 04:31 AM
Goodnight Jonboy

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 04:46 AM
Goodnight Jonboy
AMF

My Opinion Matters
2/27/2011, 09:31 AM
This place gets weirder everyday.

texaspokieokie
2/27/2011, 11:02 AM
¡ʇıɯnʎɐp uʍop ǝpısdn pɐǝɹ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ ˙ǝɯ oʇ sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ʇno sǝɯoɔ ʇı 'ʇsod ʎǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ

i'm reel dumb on computers (& other stuff) but it blows my mind how you can get stuff upside down !!

How ??

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 01:00 PM

Vet, maybe you and your pals shouldn't be such bullies to other Sooners. If they were aggies or longwhorns I'd understand if you wanted to steal their lunch money and call them bad names.

sooner59
2/27/2011, 01:11 PM
i'm reel dumb on computers (& other stuff) but it blows my mind how you can get stuff upside down !!

How ??

I have the StumbleUpon toolbar and I just randomly stumbled onto a site that let's you type whatever you want and it turns it upside down. You could probably just google it and find something similar.

tulsaoilerfan
2/27/2011, 03:50 PM
How the hell can anyone not like Vet?

tulsaoilerfan
2/27/2011, 03:53 PM
Never met Vet but i would drink a Natty Light with him and i don't even really like beer :)

Curly Bill
2/27/2011, 03:54 PM
How the hell can anyone not like Vet?

I think it helps if you're an elitist sanctimonious piece of crap. ;)

reflector
2/27/2011, 03:56 PM
This place gets weirder everyday.

I like this place.

Adrian

Is that what's required to like him or to dislike him?

tulsaoilerfan

Where the hell u been? :D

Curly Bill
2/27/2011, 03:59 PM
Where the hell u been? :D

Busy! I've been on a bit more as of late though. I'm tryin to keep up with all the shenanigans. :P

tulsaoilerfan
2/27/2011, 04:01 PM
Busy! I've been on a bit more as of late though. I'm tryin to keep up with all the shenanigans. :P

Hell i was gone for a couple of days from here(don't come here as much during the off-season) and all hell broke loose; i won't make that mistake again :D

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 04:02 PM
I think it helps if you're an elitist sanctimonious piece of crap. ;):D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D

Curly Bill
2/27/2011, 04:04 PM
Hell i was gone for a couple of days from here(don't come here as much during the off-season) and all hell broke loose; i won't make that mistake again :D

Yup, I was totally absent from here Tuesday thru Saturday. It was raging when I left and still going when I got back. :D

For a few days at least it might go back to being kinda boring around here.

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 04:05 PM
Its the offseason, we have nothing to do but throw turds around at each other. Besides texass sucks sooooooooooooo bad we cant even pick on them.:texan:

CrimsonJim
2/27/2011, 04:08 PM

Winner winner chicken dinner! http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2011, 04:10 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner! http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif
and beer

Curly Bill
2/27/2011, 04:11 PM
....and hacksaws. We gotta break Vet out.

CrimsonJim
2/27/2011, 04:11 PM
and beer

Oh yeah. How the hell could I forget the beer?! http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 04:13 PM
Vet, maybe you and your pals shouldn't be such bullies to other Sooners. If they were aggies or longwhorns I'd understand if you wanted to steal their lunch money and call them bad names.

That would be a real good idea if it was true.

I don't think **** stirrers are doing to well right now.

^ this is probably better advice and much closer to the truth.

mgsooner
2/27/2011, 05:25 PM
Oh noes several of the "old guard" posters spent dozens of minutes of their lives searching up my post history and "negging" all of it. 1)they must have an immense amount of time on their hands, and 2)they must think I have some regard for "respect points" on an internet message board. It's always humorous to see grown adults act like little children.

oulucas
2/27/2011, 05:32 PM
Oh noes several of the "old guard" posters spent dozens of minutes of their lives searching up my post history and "negging" all of it. 1)they must have an immense amount of time on their hands, and 2)they must think I have some regard for "respect points" on an internet message board. It's always humorous to see grown adults act like little children.

I'm not "old guard" but I still think you're full of it. Who's the one posting about "respect points" on a message board? Look in the mirror, sir.

mgsooner
2/27/2011, 05:33 PM
Uh oh, now I have to search your post history and neg everything. Better go make a sandwich and fuel up

oulucas
2/27/2011, 05:52 PM
Uh oh, now I have to search your post history and neg everything. Better go make a sandwich and fuel up

What?

OUthunder
2/27/2011, 06:20 PM

It's even funnier when losers post and cry about it on a message board.

delhalew
2/27/2011, 06:27 PM

As long as they got the point across, and the rest of us can see your flaming orange *** coming a mile away, it's all good.

SoCaliSooner
2/27/2011, 08:14 PM
I've been at Bass Pro Shop buying some stuff for the last few hours....what have I missed?

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 08:18 PM

Way to turn a negative into a positive.

You're really gettin the hang of these here message boards.

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 08:19 PM
I've been at Bass Pro Shop buying some stuff for the last few hours....what have I missed?

Everything. You might as well keep fishing I guess.

SoonerStormchaser
2/27/2011, 08:24 PM

Apparently, you weren't part of the vacation crowd...too bad.

SoCaliSooner
2/27/2011, 08:30 PM
Apparently, you weren't part of the vacation crowd...too bad.
I am but a humble public servant and Sooner fan....

OUthunder
2/27/2011, 08:50 PM

Try the hot peanuts at BPS, damn good.

the beef jerkey makes me gassy tho.

soonercruiser
2/27/2011, 09:10 PM
Waiter - menu please.
:pop:

SoonerStormchaser
2/27/2011, 10:13 PM
I am but a humble public servant and Sooner fan....

You are anything but...
You were a key antagonizer in this entire thing that got Olevet and others a vacation. If I had my way, you'd be joining them in perma-land.

In case you didn't understand that previous statement, I'll put it in simple language: YOU ARE A PATHETIC FLAMEBAITING TROLL! And whoever the charmer is who sees fit to keep greening you is just as pathetic.

SoonerKnight
2/27/2011, 10:15 PM
You are anything but...
You were a key antagonizer in this entire thing that got Olevet and others a vacation. If I had my way, you'd be joining them in perma-land.

In case you didn't understand that previous statement, I'll put it in simple language: YOU ARE A PATHETIC FLAMEBAITING TROLL! And whoever the charmer is who sees fit to keep greening you is just as pathetic.

Tell us what ya really think!! :D and agreed!!

soonerchk
2/27/2011, 10:21 PM
You are anything but...

I've spekked him. I probably will again if he says something funny. He and I will fight like cats and dogs on this message board and others, but he is still sometimes hilarious.

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 10:32 PM
I've spekked him. I probably will again if he says something funny. He and I will fight like cats and dogs on this message board and others, but he is still sometimes hilarious.

So was Vet.

soonerchk
2/27/2011, 10:35 PM
I've spekked Vet much more, and I will again when he returns.

SoonerStormchaser
2/27/2011, 10:41 PM
I don't think he's returning chk...it looks like it's a perma. :mad:

soonerchk
2/27/2011, 10:42 PM
I don't think he's returning chk...it looks like it's a perma. :mad:

Are you ****tin me?

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 10:47 PM
I've spekked Vet much more, and I will again when he returns.

Vet is PERMA BANNED.

I'm not sure you understand what Perma means I guess.

I know some folks have come back from perma after a year or two but they usually don't last long because....lets face it....for Vet he was here everyday. It was a way of life as he's retired. He has a place called the Hideout. That's because he's been attacked regularly for a very long time. Now he's gone and I just doubt he'll come back and if and when he does....this place won't be the same.

I think this is all a big mistake but some folks were hell bent on putting an end to the Posse (that won't happen though)....it's Phil's Board and he has his reasons and I suspect there is much more we all don't understand as to why everyone decided to take it to a level of parting ways.

For me it sucks because there are people on both sides I care about.

This is my last post for awhile....I'm as sick of this as Phil I guess.

Good Luck all and God Bless.

ST

CrimsonJim
2/27/2011, 10:48 PM
The tailgates won't be the same without OVJ. :(

soonerchk
2/27/2011, 10:50 PM
Permabanned over a spek war? What a bunch of poop. I like Vet and I really hope he will be back and soon and that things will be the same. He's one of the things I count on seeing here.

SoonerKnight
2/27/2011, 10:53 PM
Exactly.

SoonerStormchaser
2/27/2011, 10:56 PM
Permabanned over a spek war? What a bunch of poop. I like Vet and I really hope he will be back and soon and that things will be the same. He's one of the things I count on seeing here.

Don't count on it...but if I post what I really thought on this, I'd be joining him.

SoCaliSooner
2/27/2011, 11:08 PM
You are anything but...

I have no idea about that vet dude. One day a couple weeks ago I checked and he neg'd 25 straight posts with odd things like "ijd".."kjh" and a couple days later...another 15 in a row...and a couple days later...another 10 in a row..etc..etc..for the last month. Having not been around much I honestly thought he was a little off based on what he said in negs and hitting nearly every post.

I neg'd some last night, maybe 5 in a row in his style...and he starts posting about me. Like I said, I don't get it. Tell me where I instigated anything with this guy which was anything more that a response to him.

Obviously, not living or growing up in OK my life experience and perception is based on what I see on boards, visits and family in OK. Same thing as OK people's perceptions of California. What's odd is that I'm often seen as a "neo-con okie redneck" out here based on my views...and if I laugh at some of the stereotypical redneck stuff people post on here, I'm an okie basher.

If you like me or dislike me, I'm fine either way. Positive or neg rep doesn't
phase me, I just don't get the raging hard on for rep here...and I really don't get some dude with an obsession for reppin me blaming me for a melt down he had...

q

OUthunder
2/27/2011, 11:39 PM
I wonder how sore KC's hand is for turning you guys back to green?

Tulsa_Fireman
2/27/2011, 11:41 PM
I have large pectoral muscles and women find me charming over dinner conversation.

OUthunder
2/27/2011, 11:41 PM
I have large pectoral muscles and women find me charming over dinner conversation.

They're called man bewbs.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/27/2011, 11:42 PM
I have large man bewbs and women like my witty perspective on life.

OUthunder
2/27/2011, 11:43 PM

Life sucks

SoonerBorn68
2/27/2011, 11:50 PM
So is the perma ban the GTFA kind or the LAS kind?

SoCaliSooner
2/28/2011, 12:02 AM

I just wandered up into this hizzy with my wanger hanging out and wonder why people are uncomfortable...

STUpendOUs
2/28/2011, 12:16 AM
9HN6IbuS1wI

Phil
2/28/2011, 11:10 AM
Not that it's any of anybody's business, but Vet wasn't permabanned. He got two weeks. My ham-handed use of the infractions feature resulted in me giving him enough points for a perma when I did not intend to do so. I probably should have, though.

I'm sick of this petty spek bs. Can you people not act like adults?

And when Vet comes back, if he decides to come back, he's gonna be locked out of spek, if I don't turn it off altogether before then.

AlboSooner
2/28/2011, 11:20 AM
It is my personal experience that no matter how rude people may appear online, they are quite different in real life. One can't say that X doesn't like Y, based on internet stuff. I guarantee you, people have more in common than they realize.

I have been an admin of a huge website in the past, larger than this, and I frequent another huge website, and the common themes of success have been these, if I would be so forward as suggesting a few things to this otherwise excellent message board.

1. Implementation of a zero tolerance of personal attacks. Personal attacks add absolutely nothing to a message board.

2. Diversity in the administrative body. Meaning, the admins and moderators have to be diverse in their beliefs, political affiliation, race, sex.

3. The administrative body has to be balanced, calm, soothing, diplomatic. The admin's job is not to use his position to threaten, curse at people, but merely to keep the board going, and new members joining. If I am too opinionated, and have a thin skin, then I am not the right person to be an admin.

4. Any administrative decision on bans, rules, and so on, has to be approved by a majority of moderators and admins.

These principles I mentioned are evident in this board, and I am not saying these are lacking, but like anything in life, things can be improved.

Jammin'
2/28/2011, 11:25 AM
It is my personal experience that no matter how rude people may appear online, they are quite different in real life. One can't say that X doesn't like Y, based on internet stuff. I guarantee you, people have more in common than they realize.

I have been an admin of a huge website in the past, larger than this, and I frequent another huge website, and the common themes of success have been these, if I would be so forward as suggesting a few things to this otherwise excellent message board.

1. Implementation of a zero tolerance of personal attacks. Personal attacks add absolutely nothing to a message board.

2. Diversity in the administrative body. Meaning, the admins and moderators have to be diverse in their beliefs, political affiliation, race, sex.

3. The administrative body has to be balanced, calm, soothing, diplomatic. The admin's job is not to use his position to threaten, curse at people, but merely to keep the board going, and new members joining. If I am too opinionated, and have a thin skin, then I am not the right person to be an admin.

4. Any administrative decision on bans, rules, and so on, has to be approved by a majority of moderators and admins.

These principles I mentioned are evident in this board, and I am not saying these are lacking, but like anything in life, things can be improved.

These sound like some of the ****tiest rules in message board history. No offense jackhole.

SoCaliSooner
2/28/2011, 11:41 AM
These sound like some of the ****tiest rules in message board history. No offense jackhole.

Post reported. Personal attack.

mgsooner
2/28/2011, 11:46 AM
I for one feel very soothed by the admins here.

DIB
2/28/2011, 11:54 AM
There are lots of people on this message board that need to clean the sand out of their vaginas.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 11:57 AM

So one of these other huge boards you admin on is hornfans.com, huh? That sounds like their rules.

No thanks.

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 11:58 AM
There are lots of people on this message board that need to clean the sand out of their vaginas.As someone with an actual vagina, I take offense at the implication.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you just ain't spending enough time at the beach. beach.

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 11:59 AM
That doesn't make any sense.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:00 PM
It does if you read it slowly.

Boomer.....
2/28/2011, 12:04 PM
Dean hates teh wimmin folk.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:05 PM
No, I love the wimmens. Especially at the beach.

Half a Hundred
2/28/2011, 12:05 PM
Funny thing I'd like to mention here, for no reason whatsoever - Dean's location carcks me up for two reasons. First, he's been out of Norm's hiney in Norman for approximately seven years now. Second, it's likely that a vast number, if not the majority, of people active on this thread have no idea who Norm is. FPOMF.

That's all; carry on.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:07 PM
Ah, flying pieces of monkey ****. Good times. At least he makes it to every tailgate.

SoCaliSooner
2/28/2011, 12:10 PM
As someone with an actual vagina, I take offense at the implication.
There are all types of antibiotics for those implications...

Half a Hundred
2/28/2011, 12:10 PM
Also, I preferred when board drama involved dudes from Tulsa and chicks from Addison, instead of giant circle-jerks (except when Howzit's involved. Then it's cool)

AlboSooner
2/28/2011, 12:44 PM
So one of these other huge boards you admin on is hornfans.com, huh? That sounds like their rules.

No thanks.
My post right after Phil's did not mean to express a desire to make this site like hornsfans.com or to express sensitivity to personal attacks and internet banter, no, I look at it from a exposure-traffic based point of view. The more people you have visiting the site, the more ads you will sell, and the more you will expose the magazine to prospective buyers.

As I understand it, the message board is just a means to an end, which is selling magazine subscriptions. You can still have the usual banter, the one liners about sand in places, and your run of the mill trolling, and still expose the magazine to many eyes.

My apologies to the owners of the site/magazine if I stepped out of my boundary.

Jammin'
2/28/2011, 12:47 PM
My post right after Phil's did not mean to express a desire to make this site like hornsfans.com or to express sensitivity to personal attacks and internet banter, no, I look at it from a exposure-traffic based point of view. The more people you have visiting the site, the more ads you will sell, and the more you will expose the magazine to prospective buyers.

As I understand it, the message board is just a means to an end, which is selling magazine subscriptions. You can still have the usual banter, the one liners about sand in places, and your run of the mill trolling, and still expose the magazine to many eyes.

My apologies to the owners of the site/magazine if I stepped out of my boundary.

Apology accepted.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:49 PM
Nah, I was just funnin' with you anyhow. I will say that in the case of SF.com, the chicken came way before the egg. There was the website for a LONG time before there was a magazine.

Also, we do have a diverse group of mods. Most of them just don't post anymore because they tire of the same old **** day in and day out. Me? I'm sick. In a twisted, perverted, almost masochistic sort of way. I enjoy good natured ribbing/arguing/etc. I don't like some of the silliness though - especially when people just take it too far, or get all butt hurt and then try and say the meanest/hurtful things they can. That's when it ain't much fun anymore.

Sooner_Bob
2/28/2011, 12:52 PM

That shouldn't take too long . . .

Adrian
2/28/2011, 12:54 PM

Do you have a knitting board on that site?

AlboSooner
2/28/2011, 01:00 PM
Do you have a knitting board on that site?
Yes. I don't tend to judge people and their hobbies. A hobby is a hobby. Are you a knitting fan?

Adrian
2/28/2011, 01:08 PM
Yes. I don't tend to judge people and their hobbies. A hobby is a hobby. Are you a knitting fan?

It's just that your board sounds, well, a little dull...

Mongo
2/28/2011, 01:11 PM

You should see their porn forum

http://www.sciencebasedbirth.com/images2001/AmishGls.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
2/28/2011, 01:13 PM
It's always fun to come here on Monday and see what carnage ensued over the weekend. This place is like a male soap opera.

AlboSooner
2/28/2011, 01:26 PM

No two people are alike Adrian. Dullness is shredded in diversity not in monotony. Even a porn website (which some allude to as the measuring stick for fun) can be dull.

G.K Chesterton said, meaninglessness comes from too much pleasure.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 01:28 PM
Well GK Chesterton was FOS.

Adrian
2/28/2011, 01:31 PM
No two people are alike Adrian. Dullness is shredded in diversity not in monotony. Even a porn website (which some allude to as the measuring stick for fun) can be dull.

G.K Chesterton said, meaninglessness comes from too much pleasure.

Albo, I'm the kind of guy who likes Vienna Sausages, so your great intellect is probably wasted on me.

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 01:32 PM
Albo, I'm the kind of guy who likes Vienna Sausages, so your great intellect is probably wasted on me.
Vyeeny weenies?

Adrian
2/28/2011, 01:36 PM
Vyeeny weenies?

In barbecue sauce!

Phil
2/28/2011, 01:47 PM

Actually, as Dean said, there was a website way before there was a magazine. Moreover, while my wife and I founded the magazine, we no longer own it and have no financial interest in how many subscriptions they sell. The magazine is promoted here because it was our idea and we want to see it do well. We don't get any money for that, and it certainly isn't the reason the site is here.

soonercruiser
2/28/2011, 02:04 PM
You should see their porn forum

http://www.sciencebasedbirth.com/images2001/AmishGls.jpg

Pennsylvania burkas!

KantoSooner
2/28/2011, 02:42 PM

And that, dearly beloved, is sig worthy until something better comes along.

47straight
2/28/2011, 07:22 PM

What about: "The modern world will accept no dogmas upon any authority; but it will accept any dogmas on no authority."

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 07:32 PM
What about: "The modern world will accept no dogmas upon any authority; but it will accept any dogmas on no authority."

Well if you'd leave the dogs out of it and speak some mother****ing English I might be down with that.

XingTheRubicon
2/28/2011, 08:47 PM

that kinda snuck up on me and I almost injured myself laughing

soonercruiser
2/28/2011, 10:25 PM
I'd much rather follow the wisdom of GK, over the rants of Dean.
(Random wisdom and rampant profanity just doesn't cut it if you are going to "quote" someone.)
:rolleyes: