PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the LNC and Basketball Tickets

yankee
2/26/2011, 08:12 PM
Simply put, the Lloyd Noble Center sucks. Terrible design and it's an old building. Orange seats. Has an atrium feel. Student section awkwardly split by a wall. I can't be the only one that thinks this, right? The basketball program needs a swift kick in the butt, and what better way (other than having a good product on the floor) than a facility upgrade?

What would add to the experience, IMO, is completely changing the ticket situation. I don't know what it is for general admission, but I have seen people on here and on ouhoops.com complaining about the "LNC Gestapo", or something like that, and not letting people fill the bottom bowl. That is stupid. Also, the current student ticket policy needs to be scrapped. I don't know what needs to be put in it's place, but something needs to be done. OU students get screwed out of $165 bucks for football season tickets plus another $100+ for OU/TX...and bball season tickets are over $120 I believe. I understand there's the whole "go to a certain amount of games and you get a certain amount of money back", but that obviously doesn't work.

Thoughts? Ideas?

badger
2/26/2011, 09:13 PM
the lower bowl tix np and I had today were 45 each. There was a lot of blue upstairs behind us.

I selfishly was happy keeping the rock chalkers bwhind instead of next to me

GDC
2/26/2011, 11:32 PM
Simply put, the Lloyd Noble Center sucks. Terrible design and it's an old building. Orange seats. Has an atrium feel. Student section awkwardly split by a wall. I can't be the only one that thinks this, right? The basketball program needs a swift kick in the butt, and what better way (other than having a good product on the floor) than a facility upgrade?

What would add to the experience, IMO, is completely changing the ticket situation. I don't know what it is for general admission, but I have seen people on here and on ouhoops.com complaining about the "LNC Gestapo", or something like that, and not letting people fill the bottom bowl. That is stupid. Also, the current student ticket policy needs to be scrapped. I don't know what needs to be put in it's place, but something needs to be done. OU students get screwed out of $165 bucks for football season tickets plus another $100+ for OU/TX...and bball season tickets are over $120 I believe. I understand there's the whole "go to a certain amount of games and you get a certain amount of money back", but that obviously doesn't work.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I thought, according to you and a few other remaining pumpers, saying anything negative about anything having to do with OU basketball made you a bad and/or non-fan?

yankee
2/27/2011, 01:28 AM
I thought, according to you and a few other remaining pumpers, saying anything negative about anything having to do with OU basketball made you a bad and/or non-fan?

I'm not even close to a sunshine pumper, but I give you an "E" for effort on the labeling part.

AlboSooner
2/27/2011, 02:04 AM
Even if it were the best basketball arena in the world, fans who live in Norman would watch the game on TV, and there would be more KU fans in the last 10 minutes of the KU game.

go4eight
2/27/2011, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately your right,most fans are not going to watch that product being put on the floor at OU.Go Sooners!!!!!!

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2011, 01:55 PM

Thoughts? Ideas?

I have been saying they need to do something about the LNC for years now.

It is way outdated and it just sucks to attend any type of sporting event there.

OutlandTrophy
2/27/2011, 06:05 PM
where to build it and who's gonna pay for it?

LNC was built in the multi-use era of arenas which makes it not great for anything.

Soonerjeepman
2/27/2011, 08:57 PM
ummm...we've had "great product on the floor" from my understanding it's still not full most of the time....

I will say I've only been there a couple of times...OU played some non-conf team early in Blake's 1st yr....fall of 2008? was that his 2nd..anyway..day of the TT night game...arena was half full...I thought wth...I drove 6 hours for the DH..bball and Fball...surprised by the lack of attendance..

badger
2/27/2011, 10:47 PM
An LNC beef --- wanted to save it till I sat in another location at today's game. The feedback noise from all the speakers pointed directly at some seats means that fans like NP and I leave with huge migraines after the games. It's really bad. Don't need to mic the pep band and the announcer doesn't need to yell as loud if he's getting mic'd. Oh man... my head hurt from just the general buzzing noise alone coming outta those speakers before during and after :(

MsProudSooner2
2/27/2011, 11:09 PM
An LNC beef --- wanted to save it till I sat in another location at today's game. The feedback noise from all the speakers pointed directly at some seats means that fans like NP and I leave with huge migraines after the games. It's really bad. Don't need to mic the pep band and the announcer doesn't need to yell as loud if he's getting mic'd. Oh man... my head hurt from just the general buzzing noise alone coming outta those speakers before during and after :(

Since the last time they upgraded the sound system at LNC, I haven't had problems understanding what was being said - until today. A friend decided she wanted to go at the last minute and we didn't get there until just before tipoff, so we had to sit at the very top. I couldn't understand a word that anyone was saying.

badger
2/28/2011, 11:52 AM
I hope you didn't have to sit in the Baylor fan section upstairs :(

Also, as sad as it is to see the lower bowl with empty seats for men's games, like I said, those tix for us were $45. What are nosebleed seats now? $5 just to walk in and find an open seat? I can see why they regulate who's downstairs and not just when the KU plague is spreading in town :(

I really think tix would sell on the lower side if they were cheaper. We had better seats for the womens game for $15 each and those seats were almost all full.

Is it feasible to sell for cheaper at this point? Hopefully soon. I know money's important during these harsh economic times for public schools and their athletic departments... but empty orange LNC seats are ORANGE :mad: