2/25/2011, 11:24 PM
So many to choose from:

2000 Red River
2003 Red River
2003 Bedlam
2003 vs A&M
2008 vs Texas Tech
2009 Bedlam

Nothing better than humiliating your enemies!

jersey sooner
2/26/2011, 12:19 AM
03 RRS without question

MR2-Sooner86
2/26/2011, 12:24 AM
It comes down to '03 Texas and OSU. Killing Texas was awesome but making Les Miles' shut the f*ck up after all the sh*t he talked was just epic.

agoo758
2/26/2011, 01:12 AM
I dunno. I consider the florida state game a blowout and that was pretty damn satisfying after hearing all the **** about how we didnt belong. :mad:

Mike Stoops
2/26/2011, 01:19 AM
I forgot to mention the 07 and 08 Big 12 CG against Missouri. The 07 game was especially satisfying. They thought they were on their way to the NC game and a Heisman for Chase. Chase talked trash all week about how the loss in Norman was a fluke. They ran into a buzzsaw. Maybe the best defensive performance under Venables. We also got a glimpse of how special the offense would be in 08. Check out these highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmXNlfuXvHA&feature=related

MeMyself&Me
2/26/2011, 01:20 AM
2000 Texas. Nothing else is even close. The "WE'RE BACK" feeling was all over that game. I've never gotten so many phone calls during a game from other sooner fans.

2008 Tech. Maybe just because I was there. KNEW it was going to happen and had to be there for it. I dragged a friend of mine who swears that EVERY big OU game he attends OU loses to that game and he insists it was the most fun game he's ever been to.

Everything else was just another blowout. OU does that to other teams.

Leroy Lizard
2/26/2011, 01:46 AM
2000 Texas. Nothing else is even close. The "WE'RE BACK" feeling was all over that game. I've never gotten so many phone calls during a game from other sooner fans.

For the life of me I can't see why any Sooner fan would not pick this game. We had a decent season the year before and it looked like we might be, well, okay. We meet in Dallas and absolutely thrash them, erasing in one fell swoop a lot of bad memories from the 90s. And since that time, UT fans have had obsessive/compulsive disorders up the yin-yang.

Anyone that could read Bob Wheeler's "Post-game Analysis from the Viewpoint of the Lunatic Fringe" thesis and not realized what we had accomplished is no Sooner fan.

OUthunder
2/26/2011, 02:02 AM
For the life of me I can't see why any Sooner fan would not pick this game. We had a decent season the year before and it looked like we might be, well, okay. We meet in Dallas and absolutely thrash them, erasing in one fell swoop a lot of bad memories from the 90s. And since that time, UT fans have had obsessive/compulsive disorders up the yin-yang.

Anyone that could read Bob Wheeler's "Post-game Analysis from the Viewpoint of the Lunatic Fringe" thesis and not realized what we had accomplished is no Sooner fan.

Agreed, that was a great day to be a Sooner.

sendbaht
2/26/2011, 07:42 AM
For me>>>>>> 2003 Red River lets do another!

AlbqSooner
2/26/2011, 07:52 AM
I dunno. Any of those qualify, but I like the 08 Tech game. Not only did we trash them, but we also saw the fans respond to Stoops' challenge in a big way AND, it screwed the whorns into paying to fly banners at subsequent games.

King Crimson
2/26/2011, 08:01 AM
you used to be able to listen to the horn broadcast of the 2000 RRR on the innerweb. that, and i mean THAT, was hilarious.

i wouldn't say it's numba one but nixing the heisman hype around senaca wallace and kliff kingsbury was a good time.

SicEmBaylor
2/26/2011, 08:08 AM
Definitely the 77-0 game.

OUEngr1990
2/26/2011, 08:30 AM
77-0 was epic because I had this arrogant aggie chick mouth off to me before the game (reminding me of what they did to us the year before). That crow must have been hard to swaller. But 2000 and 2003 RRS I also cherish, and watch often.

stoopified
2/26/2011, 08:31 AM
It comes down to '03 Texas and OSU. Killing Texas was awesome but making Les Miles' shut the f*ck up after all the sh*t he talked was just epic. True dat

stoopified
2/26/2011, 08:35 AM
To be fair I can't really choose between 63-14,65-13,52-9,62-28.So many choices,so many fond meories.

OUEngr1990
2/26/2011, 08:38 AM
'08 vs Tech was fun too. Techies were talking alot of garbage before that game, and they were ranked high and on their very first national title run. I won a bet on that game. :)

texaspokieokie
2/26/2011, 08:39 AM
To be fair I can't really choose between 63-14,65-13,52-9,62-28.So many choices,so many fond meories.

Agree, but have to thro in the 77-0.

Sooner24
2/26/2011, 08:58 AM
I would go with the 1999 A&M game.

Ruf/Nek7
2/26/2011, 09:18 AM
Other than the beatings of texass and zero state and cornf***ers I particularly liked the throttling of the u back in 07. I remember having a verbal battle with a typical south beach d****e when I was on the field. He enjoyed cracking jokes on the RUF/NEKS and the whole state of Oklahoma. Boy did we get the last laugh.

Oh and I was aired on ESPN like 3 times that game;)

PhiDeltBeers
2/26/2011, 09:21 AM

2008 Tech. Maybe just because I was there. KNEW it was going to happen and had to be there for it. I dragged a friend of mine who swears that EVERY big OU game he attends OU loses to that game and he insists it was the most fun game he's ever been to.

I agree. 2000 Texas was the official rebirth of Sooner football. Hands down...the big one.

2008 Tech was the most fun anyone could ever have at a game. 60 year old women were crowd surfing.

:D

Both great blow-outs but very different at the same time.

MR2-Sooner86
2/26/2011, 09:40 AM
Enjoy :D

R7O97sozoUo
Anvtxu3j-js&feature

Vince Who? ;)

y09gZHcZu8I&feature
ry7_2nIGR6U&feature

Mike Stoops
2/26/2011, 09:58 AM
Other than the beatings of texass and zero state and cornf***ers I particularly liked the throttling of the u back in 07. I remember having a verbal battle with a typical south beach d****e when I was on the field. He enjoyed cracking jokes on the RUF/NEKS and the whole state of Oklahoma. Boy did we get the last laugh.

Oh and I was aired on ESPN like 3 times that game;)

You had me until the RUF/NEK thing. Every RUF/NEK I've ever met is a huge D-bag including Clarke Stroud. Trying to start **** with opposing players, fans. One tradition I wish would go away.

OUMonster
2/26/2011, 10:48 AM
1. 2000 vs Texas
2. 2003 vs OSU
3. 2008 vs Tech
4. 2003 vs Texas
5. 1999 vs A&M

Leroy Lizard
2/26/2011, 10:52 AM
Heh. "If they still use VCRs in the Year 2050."

I didn't realize that they had UT highlights in the first vid until almost eight minutes in.

OU-HSV
2/26/2011, 11:07 AM
I dunno. Any of those qualify, but I like the 08 Tech game. Not only did we trash them, but we also saw the fans respond to Stoops' challenge in a big way AND, it screwed the whorns into paying to fly banners at subsequent games.

Yeah I agree, this was my favorite blowout that I attended, I'll never forget the atmosphere. It was a meaningful and healthy *** kicking we gave them.

PhiDeltBeers
2/26/2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah I agree, this was my favorite blowout that I attended, I'll never forget the atmosphere. It was a meaningful and healthy *** kicking we gave them.

Still have that game saved on my DVR...almost 3 years later!

Pricetag
2/26/2011, 11:22 AM
As far as shedding the mediocrity of the '90s goes, this is a huge one. Since we had killed them in Norman in 1993, that game was an automatic "L."

OU just ate their lunch in every way imaginable in 1999. The ninja drive for a TD was hilarious, as we ran that shovel pass over and over and the Wrecked Crew was completely perplexed. Then there was the fake punt run by Littrell. What a game.

We had shown signs of life in 1999, but the win over A&M proved that we could make noise in the Big 12 in the Stoops era.

Jason Alexander
2/26/2011, 12:33 PM
99 OU @ aTm

Soonerjeepman
2/26/2011, 12:42 PM
It comes down to '03 Texas and OSU. Killing Texas was awesome but making Les Miles' shut the f*ck up after all the sh*t he talked was just epic.

I agree...but add the TT night game...being there helped..but that night was AWESOME!!!

on top of that I got to see Blake play ball earlier that day...saw Boz at the porta potty...he was waiting on a kid...and yes I went up to tell him thanks for his yrs playing...he was fun to watch..

cleller
2/26/2011, 12:44 PM

Wow. I was thinking of that, too, but thought no one else would. This was a game we were not supposed to win, A&M was considered just too powerful.

After this, things really looked up.

Sooner Cal
2/26/2011, 12:48 PM
Sending coaches packing is the way to measure this. Bye bye Slocum, adios Callahan, see you later Francione, au revoir Solich. That is what I call blowouts. On the verge of joining the list, Mack Brown. Saved from the same, temporarily, Mike Sherman. Ran away to avoid the same fate, Pelini.

King Crimson
2/26/2011, 01:03 PM
Sending coaches packing is the way to measure this. Bye bye Slocum, adios Callahan, see you later Francione, au revoir Solich. That is what I call blowouts. On the verge of joining the list, Mack Brown. Saved from the same, temporarily, Mike Sherman. Ran away to avoid the same fate, Pelini.

pretty sure RC was fired the year he beat us at Kyle.

Mike Stoops
2/26/2011, 01:04 PM

How Mack survived 2000-2004 is beyond me. Can't imagine OU retaining a coach who lost to Texas 5 years in a row. Not to mention that choke against Colorado in 2001 the Big 12 CG.

Soonermagik
2/26/2011, 01:21 PM
Let'er rip, Les 52-9!!!!

OU-HSV
2/26/2011, 01:34 PM
Still have that game saved on my DVR...almost 3 years later!

I would but we changed from dish back to cox since then, so I lost it in the switch.

agoo758
2/26/2011, 01:37 PM
How about 2000 against nebraska? I consider that a blowout as well. I was only 12 at the time, and merely knew Nebraska as the biggest kid on the block who thrashed OU by 40 plus every year. To not only win, but to comeback down 14 to win by 17 against a team of that caliber is something I had never seen before.

BoulderSooner79
2/26/2011, 02:02 PM
That '03 OU/UT game always brings back the image of that "make it stop" horn fan. I grudgingly must tip my hat to that guy for displaying the right attitude about sports. I'm sure he spent $$ and time to attend that game and seeing his team get drubbed couldn't be fun, but he kept his sense of humor about it.

GDC
2/26/2011, 02:32 PM

I agree, that game was the highlight of my life of OU football fandom.

MR2-Sooner86
2/26/2011, 02:42 PM
That '03 OU/UT game always brings back the image of that "make it stop" horn fan. I grudgingly must tip my hat to that guy for displaying the right attitude about sports. I'm sure he spent $$ and time to attend that game and seeing his team get drubbed couldn't be fun, but he kept his sense of humor about it.

You mean this? :D

a56qCL8tM7U

AlboSooner
2/26/2011, 03:05 PM
There is nothing prettier than half the cotton bowl crimson and half of it empty. :D

bixby28
2/26/2011, 03:06 PM
2003 Bedlam: 52-9

MyT Oklahoma
2/26/2011, 03:18 PM
The 2000 OU vs. * game because it really said that we're back.

The 2008 Big 12 Championship Game because I was there.

The 1971 OU vs. KSU game (75 to 28) because that was the day I became a Sooner fan. Yeah it was before Bob's time but still my favorite OU blowout of all time. You always remember your first. ;)

BoulderSooner79
2/26/2011, 03:26 PM
You mean this? :D

a56qCL8tM7U

Yeah, that guy - hilarious. He may have gone home and beaten the wife and kids. But for that one moment something in his burnt orange brain understood that Yes, Focker, it's just a game. :D

oudavid1
2/26/2011, 03:32 PM
I dotn remember the lead up to the 03, or 2000 game. I do know we were only favored vs Tech by 7. They had screwed us before in Lubbock. And it was the best team they had in school history. The nation was watching.

7-0 after 1.
42-7 after 2.
Jump Around.

As for OSU, we always blow em out.

ouwasp
2/26/2011, 06:33 PM
I would have to say the 2000 tex game, because it caught me totally by surprise. My Dad and I had gone to the OU-Ku game a week earlier, while the Sooners won by a comfortable margin at the end they had not looked like possible Nat'l Champs either, imo.

The following week I was shocked :eek: ... in a good way :D ...

meandmybutt
2/26/2011, 06:50 PM

Having endured the prior decade of misery.....2000 Texas was an incredible statement game. That game said, OU is back and we're really, really ****ing good.

It gave the that team the confidence that led to the next two wins (KSU and Neb) against the two teams that had dominated the conference the prior half decade. It lead to the most impressive mid-season run I've every witnessed. That UT/KSU/Neb October was awesome......most thought we would lose all three. We kicked *** and went on to a MNC. 2000 Texas was an incredible statement game.

meandmybutt
2/26/2011, 06:53 PM
Make it stop was nice....but it didn't mean nearly as much as 2000 did.

JLEW1818
2/26/2011, 07:16 PM
2008 tech just made u wanna start fighting people.

Pricetag
2/26/2011, 07:38 PM
Wow. I was thinking of that, too, but thought no one else would. This was a game we were not supposed to win, A&M was considered just too powerful.

After this, things really looked up.
Not to mention that a loss would have dropped us to 3-3 on the season, and would have been our third-straight loss. The streak might have gone to four the next week at Colorado if the result there were the same. It was a big win.

fadada1
2/26/2011, 08:56 PM
'03 horns was a riot. went to "gators" (i think) in the west end. might as well have been at the game given my wrecked voice. sooooooo much fun watching that.

a&m was almost surreal - tough to believe how fast the score was climbing.

jcvsooner
2/26/2011, 09:47 PM
Two that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

1999 OSU -- while the win over A&M was certainly more of a surprise, the win over OSU was certainly satisfying, since they'd beaten us pretty handily in the last two years of Blake's tenure and we hadn't beaten them in Norman since '93. Took my brother-in-law to the game and he's been a Sooner fan ever since.

2004 Nebraska -- You had a great villain in Callahan, we clinched the Big 12 South title with the win, and it was the last home game in my last year in Norman, so I remember that game fondly. :)

Salt City Sooner
2/27/2011, 12:58 AM
A couple that I haven't seen (not necessarily my favorites, but they do merit mentioning) :

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores102/102292/20021019NCAAFOKLAHOMA--0nr.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores102/102327/20021123NCAAFOKLAHOMA--0nr.htm

As far as my favorites, #1 would be '03 OSU, mainly because of Lester shooting his yap off like he did. #1A would be TTU '08, not because of anyone saying anything that they shouldn't (although that Carter kid for Tech got on my nerves a bit), but because of the fact that that was the most electric atmosphere I've ever been a part of at a CFB game.

Ironically, my least favorite would be the most lopsided one, that being 77-0. I love it when OU blows out the other team & all, but much moreso when the other team is at least TRYING. That day it just seemed like A&M was pretty much resigned to their fate from the get go, walked onto Owen Field, & assumed the position from the opening kickoff. OU wasn't an especially proficient team running the ball that year, yet they ran it 40 more times than they passed it (J-Dub only threw 18 times that day), & the score STILL got to where it was.

http://www.mattwalters.com/web/texastech/images/rivalry/aggies/2003-OUvsTAMU.jpg

Leroy Lizard
2/27/2011, 01:49 AM
nm

Leroy Lizard
2/27/2011, 02:04 AM
Two that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

1999 OSU -- while the win over A&M was certainly more of a surprise, the win over OSU was certainly satisfying, since they'd beaten us pretty handily in the last two years of Blake's tenure and we hadn't beaten them in Norman since '93. Took my brother-in-law to the game and he's been a Sooner fan ever since.

JNzuOPUNCnE

Soonerman82
2/27/2011, 02:08 AM
2000 Red River War game

Ruf/Nek7
2/27/2011, 12:00 PM
You had me until the RUF/NEK thing. Every RUF/NEK I've ever met is a huge D-bag including Clarke Stroud. Trying to start **** with opposing players, fans. One tradition I wish would go away.

Apparently you haven't met me...and the second half of that comment is not necessarily true. If you remove the group, you lose the Schooner, Boomer and Sooner.

usaosooner
2/27/2011, 12:06 PM
77-0, cause honestly I was in shock & laughing

Soonerjeepman
2/27/2011, 12:57 PM
Mark Clayton was such a stud...

Leroy Lizard
2/27/2011, 01:02 PM
Apparently you haven't met me...and the second half of that comment is not necessarily true. If you remove the group, you lose the Schooner, Boomer and Sooner.

They're our version of the Antlers, although not nearly as nasty. I wish they would keep their mouths shut and stick to firing their shotguns. I like the tradition and overall concept, but I think some of them get carried away. Insulting fans and players is not going to help the team win any ball games.

Ruf/Nek7
2/27/2011, 09:35 PM
They're our version of the Antlers, although not nearly as nasty. I wish they would keep their mouths shut and stick to firing their shotguns. I like the tradition and overall concept, but I think some of them get carried away. Insulting fans and players is not going to help the team win any ball games.

And it is fine to have that opinion but don't let the overall feeling about the group ruin it for some individuals. My particular pledge class was full of class act guys.

I do agree, there are some guys who ran their mouth too much and that can reflect poorly upon the university but they still had a great passion for the school and probably know more about the university as a whole than majority of the students or staff that walked the campus. We weren't all corrupt.

Leroy Lizard
2/27/2011, 11:54 PM
I do agree, there are some guys who ran their mouth too much and that can reflect poorly upon the university....

Then why are they in the group?

SoonerStormchaser
2/28/2011, 12:05 AM
77-0...

Always_Sooner
2/28/2011, 08:44 AM
52-9 Ou Vs. Osu the world was finally right again 2003.

Ruf/Nek7
2/28/2011, 11:38 AM
Then why are they in the group?

It was better than being a male cheerleader. I don't know, I cannot speak for them but I know I joined because of my love for the university and free football/basketball games was not half bad either. Oh and I was on the field and set up Boomer, Sooner and the Schooner with my own hands. I guess those things are a few reasons why.

ouleaf
2/28/2011, 11:48 AM
'03 vs OSU is No. 1 for me. Still the loudest I have ever heard the stadium. The energy of the stadium before kickoff was just at another level that day.

'03 RRS is 1A.

IndySooner
2/28/2011, 12:01 PM

This. The game that shouted that we were back.

Then, the 2000 Texas game.

agoo758
2/28/2011, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Ruf/Nek7;3157780] My particular pledge class was full of class act guys.[QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of the fraternities who claim that they arn't like the other freshman girl molesting frats.:rolleyes: I witnessed some Roughnecks at the tech game in 08 and they were ****ing *********s, and I am sure you class was no different from the others.

Ruf/Nek7
2/28/2011, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Ruf/Nek7;3157780] My particular pledge class was full of class act guys.[QUOTE]

Kind of reminds me of the fraternities who claim that they arn't like the other freshman girl molesting frats.:rolleyes: I witnessed some Roughnecks at the tech game in 08 and they were ****ing *********s, and I am sure you class was no different from the others.

To each their own. Would it be better if we wore all white jail suits and told you guys to yell when we wnated you to?

josh09
2/28/2011, 04:26 PM
Either 2003 RRS or 2008 Tech game. Both had a ton of hype, and we shut both of them up.

MamaMia
2/28/2011, 05:10 PM
So many to choose from:

2000 Red River
2003 Red River
2003 OU-OSU
2003 vs A&M
2008 vs Texas Tech
2009 OU-OSU

Nothing better than humiliating your enemies!They are all equally exhilarating. :D

How many days now until we start humiliating people again?

fadada1
2/28/2011, 07:20 PM

nice. and everyone not in a fraternal organization is a class act.

there are 85,000 people in the stadium on game day - you just didn't see the other 10,000 that were "****ing *********s" for that particular 4 hours.

WA. Sooner
3/1/2011, 02:00 AM
I was in az and had to listen to it on the net. Q for 5 almost had me passing out

Sooners78
3/1/2011, 10:59 AM

This. The 08 Tech game was great for me personally because at the time I lived in Amarillo, and worked with several Tech grads who thought because they were ranked #1, they would win. I kept reminding them of Stoops' home record. I actually went into that game expecting not just a win but a blowout. If the game had been in Lubbock, just getting a win would have been tough.

SoonerPride
3/1/2011, 11:20 AM
1999 A&M.

I was there when they demolished us at home in the freaking cold rain. It was in my mind the lowest ebb of Sooner football.

When Seth ran the fake punt, when we kept coming out in the "Ninji" (sic BBSr), we had the fighting farmers so bumfuzzled it was awesome.

I felt then that Sooner football was back.

NMSooner'80
3/1/2011, 02:35 PM
Separating my picks by the schools (all of which I despise):

- Texas - 2000, because it was a shocker even to me, but especially to everyone in that awful shade of orange. I always enjoy every UT beatdown even more because of how the pro-Bevoid media in Texas always trashed OU in the 70's and 80's.

- OSU - 2003 - because of Less Mileage and his mouth, and also because his minions expected a three-peat. And of course, it had to make live so much more bearable for OU grads in Oklahoma.

- Tech - 2008 - because of the atmosphere, and also because of a lippy Tech fan on the Artesia Bulldog Message Board who kept saying Tech would get a "three-peat" without realizing that Tech didn't win in Norman in '06 to even make that a mathematical possibility.

Salt City Sooner
3/1/2011, 02:36 PM
I was in az and had to listen to it on the net. Q for 5 almost had me passing out
I'm almost afaid to ask, but what'd you do on the 6th? :eek: :D

BlackwellSooner
3/1/2011, 05:52 PM

Agree 100% on 2000 as my blowout of choice, with the 2003 beatdown of Miles the Mouth a close second.

.....Whatever happened to Longhorn Bob? He used to offer up some famous rants, haven't heard anything about him for ages. Maybe he died of an exploded ulcer??? :confused:

Salt City Sooner
3/1/2011, 06:09 PM
He organized a UT fan trip to Stillwater for their game on year, got most everybody's fees collected for said trip, & bolted. Hasn't been seen since.