StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 08:57 PM
Full disclosure in 1 hour!

NO GUTS! NO GLORY!

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aspunits/maps/porcupineck.jpg

http://www.ruidosorivermuseum.com/imagesrrm/goldnugget1s.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 08:58 PM
That ol bastards top lip doesn't move when he talks...

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:01 PM
LOL

Probably the diabetes.

StoopTroup
2/26/2011, 12:00 AM
It's do or die time!

Owner of the new claim: You've come to the right place.

Now....the right place to do? Or to die? :D

Also....can you legally kill a claimjumper still?

Crucifax Autumn
2/26/2011, 06:35 PM
I prefer Porcupine Tree.

sheepdogs
2/26/2011, 09:53 PM
They've done most of the hard work required to find the gold if any exists where they had been digging and in fact most of the gold they found came in the last episode of the first season which trumped all the gold they found in the past five months or so and they want to say good riddance to that site and start anew? I also don't believe bringing the family members to Alaska to the mining site was a keen idea at all and the fellow they have doing the repairs is a jack of all trades and I feel sorry for him the most out of the whole bunch.

golfingsooner
2/27/2011, 01:06 AM
Never seen a group of more inefficient people in my entire life.

StoopTroup
2/27/2011, 01:36 AM
They've done most of the hard work required to find the gold if any exists where they had been digging and in fact most of the gold they found came in the last episode of the first season which trumped all the gold they found in the past five months or so and they want to say good riddance to that site and start anew? I also don't believe bringing the family members to Alaska to the mining site was a keen idea at all and the fellow they have doing the repairs is a jack of all trades and I feel sorry for him the most out of the whole bunch.

Yeah....the guy you're talking about is the guy with the bad back? That's James Harness. It's amazing that he can even work at all. When his back when out in that hole and they had to drag him out...I figured it was over for them. I just wonder how much pull Discovery had in helping get him his Meds up there. Also...I'm guessing the amount they all made from Discovery is allowing them to push on to a 2nd season.

The Old guy that came in because of the Claim Owner....him trying to cut them out might just be business but like Todd's Father said....he probably isn't willing to buy them off the claim....he's probably trying to push them off for the same reason we all know is true.....They aren't really all good at everything and I think Todd's Dad is OK running the Big Shovel and the other guy is OK at running the loader. James is good at fixing stuff but even he needs a runner to get him stuff. I know they have made huge mistakes too and look really inefficient but once they got rid of Dorsey things did seem to get better. Working up there probably kicks your ***. If you look at all of them in the face and compare their faces to when they left....they lost a lot of weight and really were in good shape. I don't think they thought they would have to work as hard as they did since they were going to use heavy equipment....thing is all big equipment does is make a lot more work. They were short handed from the beginning and I think they could have done a lot better if they all had gone up and worked a claim one season before trying to put all that together. They are all lucky that none of them weren't hurt and lucky their families weren't hurt too IMO.

If they are able to do a 2nd season....It will be interesting to see if Todd becomes a better Boss and the rest of them become self motivated good thinking self starters that can solve problems as they come without having to have a campfire meeting and a Democratic Vote.

The funniest thing was that Dorsey had been trying to set up that Wave table and they thought he was screwing it up...but when the other guy later brought in a machine to check what was in those buckets....there wasn't anything there. Like you said....it wasn't until they hit 70 feet deep until they started hitting gold you could really see.

As bad as that magnatite was...I think I would have been picking out small speks of gold with tweezers in the off season and really trying to get every penny out of that black sand.

I hope they do work Porcupine again and I hope that claim jumper gets told to stay off the property. You'd think Discovery might step in and help the Hoffman's make that guy go away. What an opportunistic piece of scum.

OklaPony
3/1/2011, 04:21 PM
That opportunistic scum works for the claim owner. The claim owner can pretty much do whatever he wants. I doubt we'll ever know the whole story.

Breadburner
3/1/2011, 04:59 PM
Yup they have done some dumb ****......It's the old mans dream but he dont give a **** he says hes going to die soon anyway.....haha....

sheepdogs
3/1/2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.oregongold.net/gold-rush-alaska-jimmy-dorsey-interview/

StoopTroup
3/1/2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.oregongold.net/gold-rush-alaska-jimmy-dorsey-interview/

Good Stuff. That is a good read. It still leaves holes in the story. I'll be interested to see what transpires and if the guys on the show continue to try and help the producers make drama and chaos. Dorsey really helped them with that it seems. He adresses my concerns too that all of them should have learned more about mining before going up there.

Here is the link to the Gold Rush deal from your link.

http://www.goldminingrealityshow.com/