PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles sucking up to Jerry Jones

Jacie
2/25/2011, 11:11 AM
Baylor-Texas Tech football in DFW for 3rd time

Feb 23, 8:18 pm EST

WACO, Texas (AP)—Baylor and Texas Tech will play their Big 12 football game next season at Cowboys Stadium, marking the third straight season they play each other in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Last year’s game was played at the Cotton Bowl when Texas Tech was the host team. Baylor was the home team for the 2009 game played at Cowboys Stadium.

Baylor coach Art Briles says “there isn’t a better football stadium in America.”

The schools said Wednesday that the date of this year’s game will be determined later by the Big 12 Conference and its television partners.

Among the other college games scheduled at next season at the Dallas Cowboys’ home are LSU vs. Oregon on Sept. 3 and BYU vs. TCU on Oct. 28.

EatLeadCommie
2/25/2011, 11:19 AM
well, it is better than the one in Waco.

picasso
2/25/2011, 11:20 AM
Sincerely,

-400 Super Bowl Fans

Soonerjeepman
2/25/2011, 12:00 PM
just like KU and MU agreeing to play at Arrowhead...pr move for both schools so more fans can see the game...imho...

KantoSooner
2/25/2011, 12:42 PM
Golly Gee Whiz! That LSU/Oregon game is going to be fun.

King Barry's Back
2/25/2011, 09:32 PM
just like KU and MU agreeing to play at Arrowhead...pr move for both schools so more fans can see the game...imho...

And saves the teams from having to make a trip to either Lubbock or to Waco.

yermom
2/25/2011, 09:38 PM
and lets the fans pay 3x for tickets and $40 for parking!

i paid $40 per for CHOICE seats in Waco last year

i'm sure comparable seats are at least double that in Arlington

texaspokieokie
2/26/2011, 09:09 AM
and lets the fans pay 3x for tickets and $40 for parking!

i paid $40 per for CHOICE seats in Waco last year

i'm sure comparable seats are at least double that in Arlington

we went to OU game there. tickets weren't excessively expensive, but we
were required to carry oxygen bottles to our seats. parking was $30, but
we pay $20 in norman. (service station near campus corner) maybe $25.

what got me was $29 for 3 beers & a bottled water.

one game in Norman last year was $87 per.

yermom
2/26/2011, 09:29 AM
yeah, but Baylor/Tech tickets aren't generally that expensive

and when you start talking scalpers it's an even bigger difference

when OU is in Waco, you can get in for $10 or less if you really try. it's not hard to get into an OU game in Norman for $20 or less either. (disregard for OSU, and other particularly high profile games, maybe once every couple of years)

i haven't really been to a non-OU college game there to compare scalping in Arlington though, i guess. i'd imagine they aren't selling out.

and, to be fair, i did manage free parking close by for Nebraska last year :D

texaspokieokie
2/26/2011, 10:23 AM
Pretty much agree.

had a couple to sell (extra) in waco. sold the pair to a scalper for $45,
weren't my tickets, but i was pleased.

the 2 seats were next to us & they were never used. guy ate $45.

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 10:31 AM
May be a Great Stadium for the teams to play in But for the Fans the place sucks Donkey balls

badger
2/26/2011, 10:38 AM
Did anyone else catch any of the Baylor Tech game last year? They were in the Cotton Bowl and there were MANY empty seats on both sides. Why, exactly, are they moving it to Jerryworld knowing that the Baylor/Tech game will not draw enough enough to fill the Cotton Bowl (or even make it LOOK close to full?)

texaspokieokie
2/26/2011, 11:40 AM
cotton bowl hlds about as many as jerry world.

AlboSooner
2/26/2011, 12:02 PM
Baylor and taco could be playing in Mars and nobody would watch. Taco messed up letting leach go, at least when he was there people tuned in to hear his press conference.

bluedogok
2/26/2011, 12:13 PM
Did anyone else catch any of the Baylor Tech game last year? They were in the Cotton Bowl and there were MANY empty seats on both sides. Why, exactly, are they moving it to Jerryworld knowing that the Baylor/Tech game will not draw enough enough to fill the Cotton Bowl (or even make it LOOK close to full?)
Because Jerry offered more money to move the game there...which is the only reason why Baylor or Tech would look at moving the game away from home-and-home. Jerruh has $850 million in financing to payoff, so he needs revenue generating events.

oudavid1
2/26/2011, 03:35 PM
cotton bowl hlds about as many as jerry world.

Cotton Bowl is the greatest stadium ever.
For one reason.

It holds this.
http://i53.tinypic.com/1zv52ly.jpg

AND ALWAYS SHOULD!

texaspokieokie
2/26/2011, 03:54 PM
Cotton Bowl is the greatest stadium ever.
For one reason.

It holds this.
http://i53.tinypic.com/1zv52ly.jpg

AND ALWAYS SHOULD!

agree !!!!