PDA

View Full Version : Columbia University Students Heckle Wounded Veteran

Pages : [1] 2

MR2-Sooner86
2/24/2011, 04:00 PM
Anthony Maschek, Wounded War Vet, Heckled At Columbia University ROTC Hearing (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/21/anthony-maschek-wounded-w_n_825874.html)

A wounded Iraq war veteran and Columbia University freshman was jeered during a meeting about bringing ROTC back to the school, the New York Post reports.

Anthony Maschek, a wheelchair-bound Purple Heart recipient who was shot 11 times during his time in Iraq, was hissed and booed at when he spoke in support of ROTC during the Feb. 15 town hall meeting. Some students shouted "racist" during Maschek's testimony, during which he stated, "It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting. There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."

ROTC has not been present on the Columbia campus for 42 years, and the debate on bringing it back in the wake of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal has been contentious. In a recent piece, Spectator opinion blogger Caroline Blosser addressed the controversial fight, which has snowballed into a pro- and anti-military argument:

"... ultimately I find something fundamentally flawed with the current debate that has nothing to do with the content of either side but rather with the debate itself ... The ROTC question has exploded into a wholly larger debate, an infinitely expansive, poignant, and polymorphous debate on militarism and war. But the ROTC debate platform cannot adequately hold the weight of such grave discussions."

Columbia's University Senate will conclude a poll gauging student thoughts on bringing ROTC back to campus Thursday.

Now that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is gone, those who just hate the military, anybody in uniform, and smile when an American soldier dies are showing their true colors as they can't hide behind the "military's anti-gay agenda."

jumperstop
2/24/2011, 04:10 PM
Some people are *******s. Whether or not you agree with the war or government, that guy fought and was injured for you. So maybe at least don't boo him...

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 04:12 PM
Idiots.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 04:13 PM
College kids are the most ignorant people on this planet. Why? Look no further than their POS humping professors. They show up at college with a decent head on their shoulders. After a couple years of brainwashing they become complete panty-waist dupes.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 04:16 PM
I agree with everything above...except Dean's ramblings which are as crazy as booing a vet.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 04:17 PM
I agree with everything above...except Dean's ramblings which are as crazy as booing a vet.

Really? Who are the people booing? That's right, college kids. Do you think those college kids would have booed the vet when they were in high school?

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2011, 04:18 PM

Dean's ramblings hold quite a bit of truth in some cases . . . especially in this one.

sperry
2/24/2011, 04:20 PM
College kids are the most ignorant people on this planet. Why? Look no further than their POS humping professors. They show up at college with a decent head on their shoulders. After a couple years of brainwashing they become complete panty-waist dupes.

You have no earthly clue what you're talking about.

Aldebaran
2/24/2011, 04:21 PM

How many times do you go to this well per week on average? I'm just curious.

I'm thinking about picking up a repetive schtick that I can employ in every situation that involves a subject, and you seem to have captured my vision with respect to wanting to burn down the education system.

The subject I'm thinking about isn't important at the moment, but I'm very interested in how you manage your schtick (if you do it consciously).

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 04:22 PM
I never got political propaganda from my professors... I think it was more peer pressure from all the other idiots out there. It's never cool to like the man, so whatever the government does is bad, unless it's being nice to puppies or giving poor people big macs.

JohnnyMack
2/24/2011, 04:24 PM
Look no further than their POS humping professors.

Leroid, he's talking to you.

Aldebaran
2/24/2011, 04:24 PM
If the government gave poor people big macs, I would go ape sh!t.

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2011, 04:25 PM
If the government gave poor people big macs, I would go ape sh!t.

Especially since Big Macs are the succ . . . Whoppers are where it's at. Or a Braum's burger . . .

sappstuf
2/24/2011, 04:26 PM
I think a year of mandatory national service would solve a lot of this crap..

soonerscuba
2/24/2011, 04:27 PM
Especially since Big Macs are the succ . . . Whoppers are where it's at. Or a Braum's burger . . .Braum's steak sammiches for all.

3rdgensooner
2/24/2011, 04:28 PM
Gingrich was heckled recently too: http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com/article/editorial-rude-response

These kids today are just poseurs. Why back in the day, they knew how to protest.

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2011, 04:29 PM

true

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 04:33 PM
How many times do you go to this well per week on average? I'm just curious.

I'm thinking about picking up a repetive schtick that I can employ in every situation that involves a subject, and you seem to have captured my vision with respect to wanting to burn down the education system.

The subject I'm thinking about isn't important at the moment, but I'm very interested in how you manage your schtick (if you do it consciously).

Coming from the guy who makes quite arguably the most idiotic statements in the history of this board - in almost every post - then never comes back to address those pwning his ***, your question/comments mean nothing to me. I will say though that I base my thoughts (or "schtick") on facts and my personal life experiences. What do you base yours on?

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 04:33 PM
You have no earthly clue what you're talking about.

Really? Enlighten me, oh learned one.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 04:38 PM
Really? Who are the people booing? That's right, college kids. Do you think those college kids would have booed the vet when they were in high school?

The people booing are college kids. And those that booed are idiots, IMO.

But you, assume these kids all show up to college thinking one way and after a couple of years with college professors, end up thinking another. That's insane and completely untrue.

Small example (and applicable since you base your post on a small example): I have a math degree and most of my professors could barely speak english, let alone offer an opinion on the US political system. The english speaking professors I did have were more interested in computing another decimal point for pi. I never, not one single time, had a political discussion with a professor.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 04:41 PM
Gingrich was heckled recently too: http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com/article/editorial-rude-response

These kids today are just poseurs. Why back in the day, they knew how to protest.

You jest, but I bet if you were in there and said "We should totally go protest at the old war memorial now!" they would have looked at you like you were from Mars. It's easy to boo from the peanut gallery, but if you protest the pictures could end up on facebook and that chick you're stalking could think you're a total ******.

sperry
2/24/2011, 04:43 PM
Really? Enlighten me, oh learned one.

You actually believe that college professors are indoctrinating their students with radical anti-military beliefs to the point where they go out and boo veterans?

When was the last time you took a college class?

Jammin'
You jest, but I bet if you were in there and said "We should totally go protest at the old war memorial now!" they would have looked at you like you were from Mars. It's easy to boo from the peanut gallery, but if you protest the pictures could end up on facebook and that chick you're stalking could think you're a total ******.

3G and chk are just friends. And it's me that's stalking chk.

3rdgensooner
Small example (and applicable since you base your post on a small example): I have a math degree and most of my professors could barely speak english, let alone offer an opinion on the US political system. The english speaking professors I did have were more interested in computing another decimal point for pi. I never, not one single time, had a political discussion with a professor.
Same here, and I was nowhere in the vicinity of the math dept.

It's easy to boo from the peanut gallery, but if you protest the pictures could end up on facebook and that chick you're stalking could think you're a total ******.
Or, that stalker chick that you've been avoiding will know where to find you.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 04:46 PM

Too bad for the math department.

The Profit
2/24/2011, 04:47 PM

Why stop at one year?

47straight
2/24/2011, 04:48 PM
You actually believe that college professors are indoctrinating their students with radical anti-military beliefs to the point where they go out and boo veterans?

I've seen it in Austin. Actual students and staff screaming down actual enlisted servicemen in uniform there for job fairs.

Without exception, the professors quoted with the groups are from the sociology or ______ (identity) studies departments.

3rdgensooner
Too bad for the math department.Fine. You can have my Bud

Light

NormanPride

Or, that stalker chick that you've been avoiding will know where to find you.

Totally. And that could seriously put a stop on those plans to hit the clubs on Friday night. No cause is worth missing happy hour.

sappstuf
2/24/2011, 04:49 PM
Why stop at one year?

Would you be happier with 2?

KantoSooner
2/24/2011, 04:50 PM
As much as anything, it's a fashion statement. Anti-military, Question Authority, Visualize Whirled Peas, etc. If it's defined as 'anti' any form of authority, North Eastern College Kids are almost guaranteed to endorse it. And to be obnoxious in so doing. It has very little to do with whether they believe in what they're doing or what the issues at stake are.
The gentleman in question represented 'The Military' and therefore had to be opposed. And to show just how high up your contempt emanates from, you need to be particularly rude when doing so.
It's mindless posing by mindless people.
Essentially this is where the black-clad middle class boohoos from the shopping mall went after they graduated - to expensive East Coast colleges.
Frankly, I have more respect for the Left Coast Berkley-ites. They, at least, try to intellectually justify their positions. Not so for Columbia, Harvard and Yale.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 04:54 PM
Yup, at least the lefties back up their insanity with chaining themselves to trees and such.

The Profit
2/24/2011, 04:57 PM

Dean, that is weak. Young people are not nearly as rebellious in high school as they are in college. They sure as hell don't think about national or world events or causes at the same time they are trying to either nail the head cheerleader, or escape from the geek existence. Other than the professor that told me I was a ....ing fool for supporting Nixon (he was right), I never had a professor try and persuade me one way or the other. I did have a couple of them, who were always trying to get me to score them a lid, but hell, I felt like I was controlling them more than they were going to control me. Part of going to college (unless you are just a worthless frigging nerd) is kicking up your heels and trying to believe in something.

I came from an army town, and we treated doggies okay as long as they stayed away from our biotches. I don't support booing troops, and especially troops, who have been injured in war. I have no problem, though, with them opposing ROTC. ROTC should be left for public schools.

virginiasooner
2/24/2011, 04:58 PM

Sounds like you're endorsing a bloated government program that serves no purpose whatsoever (like the Peace Corps).

Seriously, if more people were aware of what "government" actually does, we'd have a lot less people out there who bash "the government" (unless you like drinking polluted water, eating tainted food, and want airplanes to crash into each other).

The Profit
2/24/2011, 04:59 PM
Would you be happier with 2?

Most definitely. I believe we should have a military draft. There should be no deferments, and everyone (male and female, rich and poor) should serve two years of active duty.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 04:59 PM
taint.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 05:01 PM
Most definitely. I believe we should have a military draft. There should be no deferments, and everyone (male and female, rich and poor) should serve two years of active duty.

I think I just heard Canada shudder.

The Profit
2/24/2011, 05:03 PM
I think I just heard Canada shudder.

I think the Canadians should have mandatory service as well.

achiro
2/24/2011, 05:03 PM
The people booing are college kids. And those that booed are idiots, IMO.

But you, assume these kids all show up to college thinking one way and after a couple of years with college professors, end up thinking another. That's insane and completely untrue.

Now I know you can't be this simplistic and stupid. If you don't think kids can start college at 18 with one set of principles and leave at 24+ with a different set your dreaming. Especially at a school like Columbia. You get someone in their 4th+ year toward lib arts or poli-sci, they are going to have opinions formed completely from what a prof has told them.
Also, this was a debate and I doubt there was a math major anywhere near the place.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 05:05 PM
Math majors know their odds of scoring at the debate are low.

The Profit
2/24/2011, 05:05 PM
I've seen it in Austin. Actual students and staff screaming down actual enlisted servicemen in uniform there for job fairs.

Without exception, the professors quoted with the groups are from the sociology or ______ (identity) studies departments.

That's a lot of friggin actuals.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 05:08 PM
Now I know you can't be this simplistic and stupid. If you don't think kids can start college at 18 with one set of principles and leave at 24+ with a different set your dreaming. Especially at a school like Columbia. You get someone in their 4th+ year toward lib arts or poli-sci, they are going to have opinions formed completely from what a prof has told them.
Also, this was a debate and I doubt there was a math major anywhere near the place.

I might be that simplistic and stupid as I agree with most of what you are saying. Kindly note my argument with Dean is that he claims ALL college kids and college professors do this. I have no issue with you claiming specific degrees do this, especially at a school like Columbia. will you concede a majority of college students aren't at these schools or in these degrees?

Aldebaran
2/24/2011, 05:09 PM

This is why I don't consider people who didn't actually go to the University of Oklahoma real fans. Everyone else may as well be soylent green.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 05:09 PM
Math majors know their odds of scoring at the debate are low.

But you definitely want me by your side at the craps table.

The Profit
2/24/2011, 05:11 PM
I just wish they would have allowed concealed guns on campus back in '72. Hell, that would have been fun.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 05:19 PM
But you definitely want me by your side at the craps table.

Never play strip poker against a math major.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 05:23 PM
Never play strip poker against a math major.

Damn it Norman! I almost had 3G convinced to play me.

3rdgensooner
2/24/2011, 05:25 PM
Damn it Norman! I almost had 3G convinced to play me.I am now arranging a strip poker death match between you and Thaumaturge.

Proceeds will go to the Human Fund.

Sooner5030
2/24/2011, 05:26 PM
if a university is truly private then good for them for choosing one way or the other. But through student loans and pell grants given to the students and research grants given by uncle sam even private institutions are subsidized to a degree.

I just don't think tax dollars should go to someone willing to spend $200k on an undergrad degree in music, english or arts from a private university.

Doesn't seem to pass the common sense test.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 05:27 PM
I am now arranging a strip poker death match between you and Thaumaturge.

Proceeds will go to the Human Fund.

No fair! All I have is math and probability on my side. Thaum's a wizard!

delhalew
2/24/2011, 05:28 PM

Indoctrination doesn't work if you know it's happening. The professors had their turn long ago, and have no idea the role they play. They actually believe their bull****.

47straight
2/24/2011, 05:34 PM
That's a lot of friggin actuals.

Indeed, as opposed to the times that the same professors got homeless guys (as opposed to students) to picket speakers on campus, or the times that the recruiting office got sat-in by outsiders.

But we know you were there with them all in spirit.

47straight
2/24/2011, 05:34 PM
This is why I don't consider people who didn't actually go to the University of Oklahoma real fans. Everyone else may as well be soylent green.

Yeah! Screw Carol Stoops and her mouthbreathin bandwaggoner ways!

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 05:37 PM
if a university is truly private then good for them for choosing one way or the other. But through student loans and pell grants given to the students and research grants given by uncle sam even private institutions are subsidized to a degree.

I just don't think tax dollars should go to someone willing to spend $200k on an undergrad degree in music, english or arts from a private university.

Doesn't seem to pass the common sense test.

The nation needs sanitation engineers just as much as it does real people.

picasso
2/24/2011, 05:37 PM

Why back in the day, they knew how to protest.

On some things yes but for the most part they were just as stupid back then. College kids with no grasp for real suffering or struggling but acting as if they know it all at the ripe old age of 20 all the while driving a car daddy paid for and using his credit card.

Merle Haggard wasn't that far off.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 05:48 PM
On some things yes but for the most part they were just as stupid back then. College kids with no grasp for real suffering or struggling but acting as if they know it all at the ripe old age of 20 all the while driving a car daddy paid for and using his credit card.

Merle Haggard wasn't that far off.

In my life, I'm not finding college to be main reason 18-22 year olds are know-it-alls. It seems to happen whether they went to college or not.

picasso
2/24/2011, 05:55 PM
In my life, I'm not finding college to be main reason 18-22 year olds are know-it-alls. It seems to happen whether they went to college or not.

This is quite true but at the current moment we're talking about college kids heckling during a program.
And for the record I was once a dumb college kid.

Blue
2/24/2011, 05:58 PM
Sounds like you're endorsing a bloated government program that serves no purpose whatsoever (like the Peace Corps).

Seriously, if more people were aware of what "government" actually does, we'd have a lot less people out there who bash "the government" (unless you like drinking polluted water, eating tainted food, and want airplanes to crash into each other).

All of that and then some could be done in the private market. Including education. Oh how oh how did we ever survive without big brother taking care of us?

People don't like the govt bc they're a bunch of damn money grubbing partisan *******s among other things.

I'm much more weary of a person that blindly does whatever they are told and never questions their public officials. People like that make it easy for govts to exploit countries and loot the coffers. Kinda the situation we find ourselves in.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 06:03 PM
All of that and then some could be done in the private market. Including education. Oh how oh how did we ever survive without big brother taking care of us?

People don't like the govt bc they're a bunch of damn money grubbing partisan *******s among other things.

I'm much more weary of a person that blindly does whatever they are told and never questions their public officials. People like that make it easy for govts to exploit countries and loot the coffers. Kinda the situation we find ourselves in.

I agree with you 100%, no questions ask.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 06:23 PM
I might be that simplistic and stupid as I agree with most of what you are saying. Kindly note my argument with Dean is that he claims ALL college kids and college professors do this. I have no issue with you claiming specific degrees do this, especially at a school like Columbia. will you concede a majority of college students aren't at these schools or in these degrees?

Whoa, whoa, whoa homespun homeslice. Did I say ALL college kids do this? Nay. I said "all college kids are dumbasses" or something to this effect.

For a guy who bitches about everyone broadbrushing him and his homies, you do a pretty dang good job of it your own dang self.

Liberal schools + poli sci/sociology type profs = this kind of bull****. Even Midtowner can understand this.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 06:27 PM

2000. University of Oklahoma. Dr. Dorscine Spigner-Littles. Class? Current Problems in Human Relations. Her basic thesis statement? "White males are the cause of ALL problems in human relations and the world." Damn near a quote - a quote that was met with lots of enthusiastic head bobbing and "amens" from the ignorant ****ing DHS workers taking the class. And this was a graduate program, and most of the people were > 30. She didn't bag on the military too much though. 9/11 hadn't happened yet. I'll bet she's bagging on them now though.

Next question?

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 06:42 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa homespun homeslice. Did I say ALL college kids do this? Nay. I said "all college kids are dumbasses" or something to this effect.

For a guy who bitches about everyone broadbrushing him and his homies, you do a pretty dang good job of it your own dang self.

Liberal schools + poli sci/sociology type profs = this kind of bull****. Even Midtowner can understand this.

Made for a fun thread today though, eh?

thanks for clarifying your point finally deano.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 06:46 PM
Brother man, I clarified my point with the first post. You need to learn to read betwixt' the lines...

And your idea of fun and mine are...eerily similar.

stoopified
2/24/2011, 07:10 PM
Someone needs an a$$kicking.

Thaumaturge
2/24/2011, 07:20 PM

You're not fooling us. Math professors have no respect for US troops. Whereas us patriotic Americans without college degrees rightly think that wounded veterans deserve to be admired and revered, all that purple heart gets them with the math crowd is to be labeled topologically equivalent to a donut.

47straight
2/24/2011, 07:26 PM
2000. University of Oklahoma. Dr. Dorscine Spigner-Littles. Class? Current Problems in Human Relations. Her basic thesis statement? "White males are the cause of ALL problems in human relations and the world." Damn near a quote - a quote that was met with lots of enthusiastic head bobbing and "amens" from the ignorant ****ing DHS workers taking the class. And this was a graduate program, and most of the people were > 30. She didn't bag on the military too much though. 9/11 hadn't happened yet. I'll bet she's bagging on them now though.

Next question?

Were these MSW students?

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 07:28 PM
You're not fooling us. Math professors have no respect for US troops. Whereas us patriotic Americans without college degrees rightly think that wounded veterans deserve to be admired and revered, all that purple heart gets them with the math crowd is to be labeled topologically equivalent to a donut.

Math professors have no respect for US troops because the professors are all from Asian countries. Don't try to fool me with your wizard talk.

And we prefer pi over donuts.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 07:30 PM
Were these MSW students?

Let's see...MSW? Men sucking women? Morons smoking weed? Millions sold worldwide? Guess I ain't hip on it.

Thaumaturge
2/24/2011, 07:53 PM

See? Under the aforementioned homeomorphism:

And we prefer pi over wounded veterans.

QED.

soonerscuba
2/24/2011, 08:27 PM
Lumping poli-sci professors in with other liberal arts professors is probably a bit short sighted. It might be the only department in a university that actively seeks out people with a conservative world view so as to have a diversity of teaching points. I'm certainly not saying that academics aren't usually liberal, but outside of business colleges, poli-sci programs probably have the widest swath of politics.

As for the OP, ******s of the highest order.

AlbqSooner
2/24/2011, 08:43 PM
It might be the only department in a university that actively seeks out people with a conservative world view so as to have a diversity of teaching points.

As for the OP, ******s of the highest order.

I have a former sister-in-law and her husband who are tenured poli-sci professors at Columbia. I can assure you that Columbia does NOT actively seek out people with a conservative world view.

The veteran made the statement, "It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting. There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."
This statement resulted in laughter from the audience. Apparently they did not believe the statement to be true. THAT is sophomoric moronity.

AlbqSooner
2/24/2011, 08:48 PM

Either my sarcasm meter is broken or this is one of the most non-sequitur posts ever to grace this board.

Aldebaran
2/24/2011, 08:53 PM

Next question?

Did you unravel her thesis for America or Plug your ears and say "I can't hear you!" until the bad voices went away?

soonerscuba
2/24/2011, 08:58 PM
I have a former sister-in-law and her husband who are tenured poli-sci professors at Columbia. I can assure you that Columbia does NOT actively seek out people with a conservative world view.

The veteran made the statement, "It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting. There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."
This statement resulted in laughter from the audience. Apparently they did not believe the statement to be true. THAT is sophomoric moronity.You may be right, I don't know the ends and outs of Columbia. OU was diverse, as were most poli-sci departments I have interacted with since.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/24/2011, 10:40 PM
I don't think students are all that influenced by professors on most issues.

they are more likely influenced by their fellow students.... especially if they never previously had interacted that much with people who are quite different from themselves and the friends and relatives they grew up with.

FYI, Dean, MSW = Masters of Social Work

MamaMia
2/24/2011, 10:57 PM
I never thought the world would get so ugly that anyone would treat this soldier in such a disgraceful manner. :(

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:54 AM
Did you unravel her thesis for America or Plug your ears and say "I can't hear you!" until the bad voices went away?

No Aldy, I got an "A" in the class. Know what I did for my final project/presentation? I did a little magic show. It culminated with a large deck of cards that were cut in half. Literally.

I had a black lady pick a card from one half of the deck, and an asian lady pick a card from the other. I had them both stand side-by-side and while I droned on about "if we can get peoples of all colors, creeds, religions, and financial/sociological backgrounds to work together and listen to one another the end result would quite astounding" and I had them put their two halves together. It was the Queen of Spades. I got a standing O. True story.

Now why don't you assume the position.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 09:03 AM
No Aldy, I got an "A" in the class. Know what I did for my final project/presentation? I did a little magic show. It culminated with a large deck of cards that were cut in half. Literally.

I had a black lady pick a card from one half of the deck, and an asian lady pick a card from the other. I had them both stand side-by-side and while I droned on about "if we can get peoples of all colors, creeds, religions, and financial/sociological backgrounds to work together and listen to one another the end result would quite astounding" and I had them put their two halves together. It was the Queen of Spades. I got a standing O. True story.

Now why don't you assume the position.

Would there have been the same meaning with the queen of hearts, the queen of diamonds or the queen of clubs? Just wondering.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:35 AM
Would there have been the same meaning with the queen of hearts, the queen of diamonds or the queen of clubs? Just wondering.

What do you think?

Juan,

My program was MHR (Master of Human Relations). Not to be confused with Human Resources. Huge diff.

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'
See? Under the aforementioned homeomorphism:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'
And we prefer pi over wounded veterans.
QED.

coffee mug → wounded veteran.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:58 AM
Is that some new math?

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 10:10 AM
Is that some new math?

It's not a set theory. It's a bit more deformed relation.

oudavid1
2/25/2011, 10:12 AM
As a college kid, i can speak for them. We feel like when we get to college and mommy and daddy aren't around, we are so dam smart and self-sufficient. All we want to do is be respected for accomplishing nothing. It's just a part of life that usually tapers down when we "grow up". But it is still no excuse. I hope the spine-less f***s get a nice punishment from someone.

3rdgensooner
2/25/2011, 10:20 AM
As a college kid, i can speak for them. No, I don't think you can. At least not the ones I know.

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 10:22 AM
As a man I can speak for them.

women are crazy.

carry on.

3rdgensooner
2/25/2011, 10:24 AM
As a man I can speak for them.

women are crazy.

carry on.That probably is fairly representative of the male view.

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 10:29 AM
That probably is fairly representative of the male view.

I know.

sooneron
2/25/2011, 10:36 AM

Next question?

You're sort of cherry picking your types here, aren't you?

I took a LOT of poli sci classes and all of them (save intro with 200 people) had good discussions in which there was respectful discourse both ways. No one was really trying to convert anyone. Especially, the professors.

AlboSooner
2/25/2011, 10:42 AM
You're sort of cherry picking your types here, aren't you?

I took a LOT of poli sci classes and all of them (save intro with 200 people) had good discussions in which there was respectful discourse both ways. No one was really trying to convert anyone. Especially, the professors.

True. The myth of liberal/atheist professors is not true at OU. When I was there I took all kinds of humanities, and never felt like the myth was true. I even heard an O-Chem professor explain methylation of antibiotic side chains by gram positive bacteria as a method of defense against it, and he concluded with: and some people think this happened by chance. :D

waynepayne
2/25/2011, 10:43 AM
No, I don't think you can. At least not the ones I know.

+1

MsProudSooner
2/25/2011, 12:38 PM
That's disgusting behavior on the part of the Columbia students. It's a prime example of why the extreme left is as out of touch as the extreme right. I vote to send them and the Sarah Palin fans and Rush Limbaugh ditto heads to an desert island to duke it out.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 01:26 PM
True. The myth of liberal/atheist professors is not true at OU. When I was there I took all kinds of humanities, and never felt like the myth was true. I even heard an O-Chem professor explain methylation of antibiotic side chains by gram positive bacteria as a method of defense against it, and he concluded with: and some people think this happened by chance. :D

Only thing is, this deal ain't at OU. OU has a few (it's share) of looney profs, but the big liberal schools (Berkely, CU, all over the East Coast, etc.) are inundated with them. Compared to these uber liberal schools, OU looks downright conservative.

3rdgensooner
2/25/2011, 01:30 PM
I know a pretty conservative academic that attended Berkely after a stint in the Navy.

People are not so malleable that they are like a bunch of gumbys and pokeys just waiting for someone to stretch them.

picasso
2/25/2011, 01:38 PM
People are not so malleable that they are like a bunch of gumbys and pokeys just waiting for someone to stretch them.

I agree. It's fun fighting off indoctrination.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 01:41 PM
I agree. It's fun fighting off indoctrination.

True that....Exactly why I wouldn't sing that "Jesus loves me song" at Sunday school as a 3-year old.

Okla-homey
2/25/2011, 01:42 PM

Only if they were reared by Ivy League university professors.

picasso
2/25/2011, 01:43 PM
True that....Exactly why I wouldn't sing that "Jesus loves me song" at Sunday school as a 3-year old.

The hell were you doing at Sunday school? yuk yuk

I Am Right
2/25/2011, 01:45 PM
DRAFT!

Aldebaran
2/25/2011, 01:46 PM

Girls with Jesus issues try harder.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 01:46 PM

I was forced to be there by my parents, and it was pure indoctrination. If you sang the song, you got the animal cracker. I held out for more.

picasso
2/25/2011, 01:50 PM
I was forced to be there by my parents, and it was pure indoctrination. If you sang the song, you got the animal cracker. I held out for more.

Most kids were forced to do a lot of things by their parents. It's a rough world out there.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 01:53 PM

So Episcos don't do the Jesus thing? Really?

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 01:56 PM
What amazes me is this.....

Both the military and the university are there to teach disipline. Of course joining one over the other will typically spell out the direction your disipline will take you where the other one leaves it to the kids to make up their mind. One will really pound the disipline into you and the other doesn't pound you at all....it allows you to pay your way through and avoid the pounding and once they have completed draining your pockets they give you a peice of paper that says you are ready to take on the World. The other shows you the World first hand and I believe prepares you even more than the other.

I'm surprised the University Heads don't bring the Teachers up on charges for running off paying customers.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:17 PM
So Episcos don't do the Jesus thing? Really?

You have me mixed up with someone else. I am a Presbo, but when I was 3, I belonged (by proxy) to the Church of Christbo's. Talk about indoctrination.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:19 PM
Most kids were forced to do a lot of things by their parents. It's a rough world out there.

And some of those things turned out to be good. I still drink my milk, brush my teeth, etc.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:20 PM
So Presbos don't do Jesus?

picasso
2/25/2011, 02:20 PM
It's interesting how you tried to turn this around on religion. Was it Quakers who were heckling this wounded veteran?

picasso
2/25/2011, 02:21 PM
And some of those things turned out to be good. I still drink my milk, brush my teeth, etc.

My wife still sings that Jesus song you mentioned to our child when he's sleepy.

Thanks for the reset.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:25 PM
My wife still sings that Jesus song you mentioned to our child when he's sleepy.

Thanks for the reset.

We sang it to our sons as well.

TUSooner
2/25/2011, 02:25 PM
I never got political propaganda from my professors... I think it was more peer pressure from all the other idiots out there. It's never cool to like the man, so whatever the government does is bad, unless it's being nice to puppies or giving poor people big macs.

Hear him. College kids - especially at "elite" colleges -- are notoriously stupid and full of their own brilliance and self-importance (which is to say, full of sh!t); but I never got too much propaganada from my profs. Of course, I didn't go to Columbia.

JohnnyMack
2/25/2011, 02:27 PM
We sang it to our sons as well.

I sing a lot of GWAR to my boys at night.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:29 PM

I need some help. What is GWAR?

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:30 PM

You know, I believe this. Your poor, poor children.

The Profit
So Presbos don't do Jesus?

We do Jesus. In fact, we do him in many languages.

C&CDean
I need some help. What is GWAR?

Gay Wads Acting Revolting

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:31 PM
We do Jesus. In fact, we do him in many languages.

So why all the Jesus hate? I know, you're still trying to be cool and fit in...

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 02:32 PM
Evidently putting them in dog cages, forcing them to eat dog and cat food and burning their tongues when they do or say wrong isn't allowed.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14139074

Tulsa>OKC

http://images.worldnow.com/RAYCOMGROUP/images/14139074_BG1.JPG

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 02:35 PM
Hmm. I read my boys Dylan lyrics. Thoughts? (keep in mind his lyrics are now taught in ivy league schools by some weedsmoking liberal profs)

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:36 PM
It's interesting how you tried to turn this around on religion. Was it Quakers who were heckling this wounded veteran?

Picasso, I was referring to college professors when I brought up religion. As humans, we begin being indoctrinated as a very early age. One of the first organized indoctrinations is in the area of religion. Later, when we go to school, we are indoctrinated in other areas. Early textbooks indoctrinated us into believing that all of our founding fathers were pure (Washington and the cherry tree, honest Abe, etc.) These same textbooks called every skirmish won by the Indians "a massacre," and every skirmish won by the cavalry "a battle." Most recently, Texas has decided to use only textbooks that indoctrinate children in one direction.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:37 PM
Evidently putting them in dog cages, forcing them to eat dog and cat food and burning their tongues when they do or say wrong isn't allowed.

When I went to kindegarten in France the French teachers used to put clothespins on our ears and nose, tied a rope around our necks, and tied us to our little desk if we acted up. "Si vous agissez comme un chien, vous obtenez traités comme un chien." ****ing frogs. I still hate the smelly bitches.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:38 PM
So why all the Jesus hate? I know, you're still trying to be cool and fit in...

I have shown no Jesus hate.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:38 PM
Hmm. I read my boys Dylan lyrics. Thoughts? (keep in mind his lyrics are now taught in ivy league schools by some weedsmoking liberal profs)

But did you enunciate like Dylan? "Evrybody muuust git stoned"

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:40 PM
I have shown no Jesus hate.

Oh. So you just make fun of Jesus and the people who worship/believe in Him but that's not hating? Got it.

picasso
2/25/2011, 02:42 PM

I thoroughly enjoy Dylan's older music. Please keep in mind though that Dylan was at one time a born again Christian. Careful which albums you're quoting.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 02:44 PM
Everyone? We must have been really uptight back then.

Maybe we could just drink a beer? :D

http://wjbc.com/files/2011/02/ScottWalkerObama.jpg

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 02:46 PM
Is that the muslim flag Oblama is sporting on his lapel?

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:47 PM
Oh. So you just make fun of Jesus and the people who worship/believe in Him but that's not hating? Got it.

Excuse me, but where in the hell did I make fun of Jesus. Also, I don't make fun of the ones, who worship Him except for the ones, who throw their hands in the air, talk in tongues, etc. Even then, if they want to carry on that way, who am I to try and stop them. The world would be a much better place if everyone lived by the teachings of Christ's Sermon on the mount. So, I like Jesus. But, I don't like Paul. The bible would be much better reading without his rants.

OULenexaman
2/25/2011, 02:52 PM
Is that the muslim flag Oblama is sporting on his lapel? not sure but he needs to keep his ****ing paws off that Packers jersey....he aint worthy.:mad: :mad: :mad:

The Profit
2/25/2011, 02:53 PM
Is that the muslim flag Oblama is sporting on his lapel?

Nope, its the good ole stars and stripes.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 03:01 PM
Presentation is everything.

http://sfcitizen.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/china.jpg

sooner59
2/25/2011, 03:02 PM
Given most of my classes were in the realm of science/biology, I took classes from all over the board at OU. And like Dean and others said, OU isn't anything like those coastal schools, especially the Ivy Leagues. Fairly conservative in comparison. Either way, I never really saw any attempts to sway political beliefs. Even in my graduate classes, the professors really try to stay away from expressing their political views, and just present facts. Once in while, they will say, "I don't necessarily agree, but that doesn't make either view right or wrong." Or they will say, "This is my personal view, which holds no weight....some of you will disagree and I that is great, there needs to be talk from both sides on this issue." I am very happy with my experiences at OU regarding non-indoctrination.

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 03:05 PM
But did you enunciate like Dylan? "Evrybody muuust git stoned"

You mean "do I enunciate like Dylan"? Not usually as I'm trying to make sure they can understand the words I'm saying.

I thoroughly enjoy Dylan's older music. Please keep in mind though that Dylan was at one time a born again Christian. Careful which albums you're quoting.

We read lots of make believe books to our kids, one more reference won't hurt them.

On Edit: I love what he did from 1997-2009.

Aldebaran
2/25/2011, 03:05 PM
Combat segways = awesome.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 03:09 PM
Given most of my classes were in the realm of science/biology, I took classes from all over the board at OU. And like Dean and others said, OU isn't anything like those coastal schools, especially the Ivy Leagues. Fairly conservative in comparison. Either way, I never really saw any attempts to sway political beliefs. Even in my graduate classes, the professors really try to stay away from expressing their political views, and just present facts. Once in while, they will say, "I don't necessarily agree, but that doesn't make either view right or wrong." Or they will say, "This is my personal view, which holds no weight....some of you will disagree and I that is great, there needs to be talk from both sides on this issue." I am very happy with my experiences at OU regarding non-indoctrination.

Boren will send in Union Goons if they act up.

badger
2/25/2011, 03:09 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people forget their roots a little bit.

One professor who was an ex-college athlete complained that all OU cared about at school was sports (because Homecoming was the week after OU-Texas and he wanted to exam us to death instead or something).

The GI bill was probably one of the main reasons college is now the expected course of action for many current students, because once upon a time, the door was opened to families that never attended to college to suddenly have a means of attending.

Suddenly, military service isn't acceptable anymore as a means to get a college degree because suddenly, you can just take out massive student loans or get your parents to foot the bill?

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 03:15 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people forget their roots a little bit.

One professor who was an ex-college athlete complained that all OU cared about at school was sports (because Homecoming was the week after OU-Texas and he wanted to exam us to death instead or something).

The GI bill was probably one of the main reasons college is now the expected course of action for many current students, because once upon a time, the door was opened to families that never attended to college to suddenly have a means of attending.

Suddenly, military service isn't acceptable anymore as a means to get a college degree because suddenly, you can just take out massive student loans or get your parents to foot the bill?

If you remember being in our Military has become a way to get your citizenship. I've told both my kids to never turn their nose at the GI Bill should we as Parents not be able to find a way to get them through College. I'd be proud as hell if they went that way as our Family has plenty of folks who have used the Military to get and education and better themselves. I can maybe believe a Private School would turn their nose down at the ROTC....maybe......but I think it's pretty sad to do so. Our Country is very young and people have forgotten just how they got the freedom that others fought so dearly for.

picasso
2/25/2011, 03:33 PM
You mean "do I enunciate like Dylan"? Not usually as I'm trying to make sure they can understand the words I'm saying.

We read lots of make believe books to our kids, one more reference won't hurt them.

On Edit: I love what he did from 1997-2009.

Your loss, not mine.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 03:37 PM
not sure but he needs to keep his ****ing paws off that Packers jersey....he aint worthy.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I'm just hoping we trade Woodsen (or maybe he'll retire) for giving that POS a game jersey.:mad:

badger
2/25/2011, 04:00 PM
Our Country is very young and people have forgotten just how they got the freedom that others fought so dearly for.

Nah, America 'snot young, aren't we mostly senior baby boomers now that can't fully be supported by us young kids because there's so many retiring aged folk now?

The country as a whole compared to the world is young I guess... that's why our bitter rivals are in SEC-country instead of with neighboring countries that beat us in soccer (a la Europe)

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 05:30 PM

Next question?

dean, you're wrong.

the point of a higher education is to expand your mind and learn how to use your brain. in this case (i wasnt there so i dont know first hand) a professor put forth an arguement for the purpose of discussion. whether or not that professor actually beleives said argument is another matter entirely. i took a sociology of race class at OU in which our professor made several racist comments for no other reason than to open the floor to debate the issue. its entirely possible said professor thought the exact opposite of what the thesis was, but only made it to provoke an emotional reaction, and then to try to get her students to move past the emotional and consider the subject matter using logic.

just because a teacher says in a lesson something like "all black people should still be slaves" doesn't mean he or she really thinks that way, but for the purpose of education and reasoning, the statement had to be made to act as a starting point for an intellectual discussion... i understand intellectual discussions aren't exactly your forte, but try to keep an open mind.

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 05:32 PM
dean, you're wrong.

the point of a higher education is to expand your mind and learn how to use your brain. in this case (i wasnt there so i dont know first hand) a professor put forth an arguement for the purpose of discussion. whether or not that professor actually beleives said argument is another matter entirely. i took a sociology of race class at OU in which our professor made several racist comments for no other reason than to open the floor to debate the issue. its entirely possible said professor thought the exact opposite of what the thesis was, but only made it to provoke an emotional reaction, and then to try to get her students to move past the emotional and consider the subject matter using logic.

just because a teacher says in a lesson something like "all black people should still be slaves" doesn't mean he or she really thinks that way, but for the purpose of education and reasoning, the statement had to be made to act as a starting point for an intellectual discussion... i understand intellectual discussions aren't exactly your forte, but try to keep an open mind.
__________________:pop:

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 05:35 PM
dean, you're wrong.

just because a teacher says in a lesson something like "all black people should still be slaves" doesn't mean he or she really thinks that way, but for the purpose of education and reasoning, the statement had to be made to act as a starting point for an intellectual discussion... i understand intellectual discussions aren't exactly your forte, but try to keep an open mind.Oh Dear Lord...

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 05:41 PM
dean, you're wrong.

You actually got one thing right in this whole diatribe: (i wasn't there so i don't know first hand). That's it. The rest is pure jibber jabber spoken by a galdamn idiot.

Dr. Spigner-Littles is beyond racist. The entire class was absolutely nothing but white male bashing. Her lesson plan? We watched old Time-Life videos of race riots in Detroit and Watts. Then we had to write papers describing what the white man did to make the black folk riot. That was it. She sat on her fat, black *** and ate Cheetohs with one hand and poured Dr. Pepper out of a 2-liter bottle with the other. She was a disgusting pig of a person, and a pig of a human being.

She wasn't smart enough to try to "stimulate us into debate." She was a ****ing bigoted moron who had a platform. Nothing more, nothing less.

My suggestion? Why don't you STFU and go play with your warrior god. It might be something you actually have a clue about. Intellectual discussion this, bitch.

AlbqSooner
2/25/2011, 05:42 PM
When I went to kindegarten in France the French teachers used to put clothespins on our ears and nose, tied a rope around our necks, and tied us to our little desk if we acted up. "Si vous agissez comme un chien, vous obtenez traités comme un chien." ****ing frogs. I still hate the smelly bitches.

Okay Dean. You don't got no more 'splainin to do.;) :D

picasso
2/25/2011, 06:03 PM
dean, you're wrong.

So, because someone disagrees with you, they aren't capable of an intellectual discussion or keeping an open mind?

My wife had to deal with some spotty demagoguery whilst studying for her graduate degree in early childhood development. Two of her professors constantly talked down upon the so-called conservative school of thought.
That's fine if it's to open a discussion but that wasn't the case according to her.
I've got no problem with it but don't try to act like it isn't happening.

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 06:05 PM
You actually got one thing right in this whole diatribe: (i wasn't there so i don't know first hand). That's it. The rest is pure jibber jabber spoken by a galdamn idiot.

Dr. Spigner-Littles is beyond racist. The entire class was absolutely nothing but white male bashing. Her lesson plan? We watched old Time-Life videos of race riots in Detroit and Watts. Then we had to write papers describing what the white man did to make the black folk riot. That was it. She sat on her fat, black *** and ate Cheetohs with one hand and poured Dr. Pepper out of a 2-liter bottle with the other. She was a disgusting pig of a person, and a pig of a human being.

She wasn't smart enough to try to "stimulate us into debate." She was a ****ing bigoted moron who had a platform. Nothing more, nothing less.

My suggestion? Why don't you STFU and go play with your warrior god. It might be something you actually have a clue about. Intellectual discussion this, bitch.

so, you're saying it wasn't rich white men oppressing black people in the 60s and 70s?

you're just as racist as you accuse her of being. that you don't realize it just makes you that much more ignorant.

the fact that the majority of posters in the SO are also crusty old white racists only serves to validate your opinions, bitch.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 06:08 PM
And you're a little puppet boy who doesn't know **** about ****. You wouldn't know a racist if it bit you on the ***. All you know is what you hear. You ain't lived enough life to have an opinion that's valid. Again, STFU and talk about something you know about. There's maybe 4-5 posters on this whole place that are "old white crusty guys" and I ain't one of them. Although I do hope to become one some day.

picasso
2/25/2011, 06:09 PM
the fact that the majority of posters in the SO are also crusty old white racists only serves to validate your opinions, bitch.

You're so wrong on that one. Dean's always been Dean, long before all of these hillbillies showed up.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 06:10 PM
so, you're saying it wasn't rich white men oppressing black people in the 60s and 70s?

you're just as racist as you accuse her of being. that you don't realize it just makes you that much more ignorant.

the fact that the majority of posters in the SO are also crusty old white racists only serves to validate your opinions, bitch.You should capitalize the first word of your sentences.

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 06:15 PM
And you're a little puppet boy who doesn't know **** about ****. You wouldn't know a racist if it bit you on the ***. All you know is what you hear. You ain't lived enough life to have an opinion that's valid. Again, STFU and talk about something you know about. There's maybe 4-5 posters on this whole place that are "old white crusty guys" and I ain't one of them. Although I do hope to become one some day.

you don't know **** about me.

soonerinkaty
2/25/2011, 06:17 PM
:pop:

****'s just heating up. And i didn't even have to pay ;)

mgsooner
2/25/2011, 06:20 PM
She sat on her fat, black *** and ate Cheetohs with one hand and poured Dr. Pepper out of a 2-liter bottle with the other.

That actually sounds pretty nice.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 06:21 PM

I know all I need to know. You've shown your *** around here plenty of times. The only positive thing I've seen outta you is that you might - I say MIGHT have been a Marine. Yes, you're supposed to capitalize Marine. Why do I say "might?" Because all the Marines I know aren't panty-waist little liberal humpers like you. Did you actually complete your tour of duty?

soonerinkaty
2/25/2011, 06:22 PM
I got 10 bucks on The Deanster.

MR2-Sooner86
2/25/2011, 06:24 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/3377919981_9a98fe87aa_o.jpg

AlbqSooner
2/25/2011, 06:24 PM

Dean, you need to add this to your list of things for which you are grateful.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 06:26 PM
Indeed.

soonerinkaty
2/25/2011, 06:27 PM
Sh*t just got realz.

Nice save :rolleyes:

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 06:28 PM
I know all I need to know. You've shown your *** around here plenty of times. The only positive thing I've seen outta you is that you might - I say MIGHT have been a Marine. Yes, you're supposed to capitalize Marine. Why do I say "might?" Because all the Marines I know aren't panty-waist little liberal humpers like you. Did you actually complete your tour of duty?

my service record aint any of your ****in business.

MR2-Sooner86
2/25/2011, 06:29 PM
Nice save :rolleyes:

Blow me :D

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 06:30 PM
my service record aint any of your ****in business.

Enough said.

So, how about them Yankees boys? Jeter gonna peter out? Got any decent pitching...

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 06:36 PM
Enough said.

So, how about them Yankees boys? Jeter gonna peter out? Got any decent pitching...

ok ill bite, dickhead. no i did not finish a four year tour. i was injured in an explosion in the first iraq war (that also resulted in the death of my best friend) and honorably discharged with a physical disability. the re-enlistment code on my dd-214 is RE-3P. i don't like to talk about it because people generally want to hear the story when i tell them why i didnt finish and it isnt exactly something i like to remember.

so **** you.

and baseball sucks.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 06:39 PM
It's good to get it out. And baseball most assuredly does NOT suck.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 06:40 PM
ok ill bite, dickhead. no i did not finish a four year tour. i was injured in an explosion in the first iraq war (that also resulted in the death of my best friend) and honorably discharged with a physical disability. the re-enlistment code on my dd-214 is RE-3P. i don't like to talk about it because people generally want to hear the story when i tell them why i didnt finish and it isnt exactly something i like to remember.

Thank you for your service!

C&CDean
Although the Yankees most assuredly DO.

C&CDean

Ditto, and amen.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2011, 06:43 PM

so **** you.

and baseball sucks.

Either way....Thank you for your service!

olevetonahill
2/25/2011, 06:58 PM

Allright Dean, Quit with the God damn personal attacks :eek: :P

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 07:00 PM
Well hell Howie, I did say I could only hope to be one some day. In the meantime, I'll just stay the suave, debonair, genteel, wordly ********** that I am.

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 07:01 PM
Allright Dean, Quit with the God damn personal attacks :eek: :P

back from the pokey!

i tried to get some bail money together, but we's all broke these days.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 07:01 PM
Allright Dean, Quit with the God damn personal attacks :eek: :PShush it!! Ya old crusty dirty white bastard!!!

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 07:18 PM
Every college should be more like Bob Jones am I right?

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 07:22 PM
Who the **** is "Bob Jones" and who the **** let you out of jail?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 07:28 PM
Borderline surprised you aren't an alumni ;) And its a new policy for first time drug offenders! :D

http://www.bju.edu/

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 07:31 PM
Why/how would you know about that website? Oh, to hate. Got it. Personally, never heard of it, and I ain't even gonna click on it.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 07:33 PM
Why/how would you know about that website? Oh, to hate. Got it. Personally, never heard of it, and I ain't even gonna click on it.
Despite its ironic title, its a real university in South Carolina :O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jones_University

OUthunder
2/25/2011, 07:35 PM

I remember getting this very *** chewing about three years ago from Dean...good times.

Continue on.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 07:35 PM
Maybe you should go there. You know, to get a little "balance" in your life?

OUthunder
2/25/2011, 07:36 PM

Bobby Jones was a great golfer and my idol. Anyone who doesn't think he was a god gets the jackhammer right now. :D

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 07:43 PM
Maybe you should go there. You know, to get a little "balance" in your life?
I enjoy denim, PG movies and girls too much

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 07:44 PM
I remember getting this very *** chewing about three years ago from Dean...good times.

Continue on.

Well brother, one of my pet peeves is this:

I've sat at bars in 46 states in this country, and several foreign countries. I've been lied to by a buttload of guys who have some weird deal about bragging about being a .................fill in the blank. Marine? Airborne? Ranger? Special Forces? Air Assault? Hell, I had a guy one night tell me he was in Vietnam (I was born in 1957, enlisted on my 17th birthday, and was in the 82nd Airborne, and I didn't even go to Vietnam) and he was born in 1965. WTF?

Guys who tell stories that you can quash in 2 seconds. Why do guys do that ****? Who cares? It's all about timing anyhow. Olevet would have just as soon stayed stateside. Guess what? The good Uncle went "Howie, you're going to SE Asia" and you know what Howie did? He went, like a soldier does. Doesn't matter if you clerked, cooked, or crawled on your belly for 14 straight ****ing days. You were called, you served. Period.

I just ain't much on guys who go "well I jumped 117 times with the 82nd" and you go "really, when were you in?" They go "1989." It doesn't work that way.

And I'm right, it is refreshing getting this **** off your chest.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 08:01 PM

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:10 PM
Well brother, one of my pet peeves is this:

I've sat at bars in 46 states in this country, and several foreign countries. I've been lied to by a buttload of guys who have some weird deal about bragging about being a .................fill in the blank. Marine? Airborne? Ranger? Special Forces? Air Assault? Hell, I had a guy one night tell me he was in Vietnam (I was born in 1957, enlisted on my 17th birthday, and was in the 82nd Airborne, and I didn't even go to Vietnam) and he was born in 1965. WTF?

Guys who tell stories that you can quash in 2 seconds. Why do guys do that ****? Who cares? It's all about timing anyhow. Olevet would have just as soon stayed stateside. Guess what? The good Uncle went "Howie, you're going to SE Asia" and you know what Howie did? He went, like a soldier does. Doesn't matter if you clerked, cooked, or crawled on your belly for 14 straight ****ing days. You were called, you served. Period.

I just ain't much on guys who go "well I jumped 117 times with the 82nd" and you go "really, when were you in?" They go "1989." It doesn't work that way.

And I'm right, it is refreshing getting this **** off your chest.
Child soldiers, man. And I'm curious, what do you define as serving? Is this military only or any international serving for the US? Peace Corps for example.

Blue
2/25/2011, 08:15 PM
dean, you're wrong.

:rolleyes: Haha.

olevetonahill
2/25/2011, 08:17 PM
Child soldiers, man. And I'm curious, what do you define as serving? Is this military only or any international serving for the US? Peace Corps for example.

And the dooshbag keeps on dooshin;)

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:19 PM
And the dooshbag keeps on dooshin;)
Serious question wants a serious answer

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 08:19 PM
Child soldiers, man.Expound...please.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:20 PM
Expound...please.
Someone born in '65 serving in Vietnam...

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:21 PM

Peace Corps? I don't even really know WTF they do.

Military service to me is joining, doing your duty, and being discharged honorably. I DGAS where you did it, with what branch you did it, just so long as you did it. When guys have to lie about it is when I cop a case of the ***. If you served in the Air Force as a cook, guess what? I'm proud of you. If you served in the Army as a clerk? Ditto. My beef is with guys who were clerks, or who got booted out for dope and crap and then they go "dude, I was a Ranger too..." You can out them in a nanosecond.

Why lie? It's damned honorable to have served. Period. And if you didn't serve, that's OK too. Just don't even start to denegrate the service of others or tell them they're "out of touch" because they don't worship some liberal bastion.

Blue
2/25/2011, 08:21 PM

Continue on.

It really means he loves you. Still waiting for mine...:O :D

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:23 PM

All in good time my sweet, all in good time...

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:25 PM
Peace Corps? I don't even really know WTF they do.

http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=learn.whatvol

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=learn.whatvol

Did you serve in the Peace Corps?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:27 PM
Did you serve in the Peace Corps?
Strongly considering it after college, but no I haven't. And I'm not looking for a rise out of anyone, or trying to troll, just an honest question about national service.

olevetonahill
2/25/2011, 08:27 PM
Someone born in '65 serving in Vietnam...

Since ALL of our C Troops were outa there by 73 and the Commies took the place in 75. They would have to be Children now wouldnt thay?

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 08:29 PM
Strongly considering it after college, but no I haven't. And I'm not looking for a rise out of anyone, or trying to troll, just an honest question about national service.

You should join right now.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:31 PM
Since ALL of our C Troops were outa there by 73 and the Commies took the place in 75. They would have to be Children now wouldnt thay?

Indeed.

Why do guys do that **** brother? Has society made this whole deal a "who has the biggest cack" thing? You know better than most, going to combat ain't about your cack. It's about doing your damned duty. You hate it, you're scared ****less, but by God you ****ing do it. People don't get that **** I guess.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah :confused: I think thats what I said

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:34 PM
You're still in college? You get a reprieve. Finish out all your liberal rantings, then go join something. IDGAS if it's the Peace Corps or the Marine Corps. Actually, I do. You go in the Marines and I'll galdamn guarantee you you'll come out a man and change your twinkly tune. Peace corps? Prolly not so much.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 08:37 PM
Indeed.

Why do guys do that **** brother? Has society made this whole deal a "who has the biggest cack" thing? You know better than most, going to combat ain't about your cack. It's about doing your damned duty. You hate it, you're scared ****less, but by God you ****ing do it. People don't get that **** I guess.

Well....I know you remember the older guy that had all sorts of medals that was going around saying he was an Iraq War Hero. Wasn't he in it for the free meals at Golden Corral?

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:39 PM
Well....I know you remember the older guy that had all sorts of medals that was going around saying he was an Iraq War Hero. Wasn't he in it for the free meals at Golden Corral?

You just made my point. Why? Is an overdose of cholesterol worth being a ****ing liar? Not in my book.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:39 PM
You're still in college? You get a reprieve. Finish out all your liberal rantings, then go join something. IDGAS if it's the Peace Corps or the Marine Corps. Actually, I do. You go in the Marines and I'll galdamn guarantee you you'll come out a man and change your twinkly tune. Peace corps? Prolly not so much.
Only a freshman, I've got more time to get "liberal" as you say. You use that term quite liberally... you liberal. I'd maybe join the Marines if I had more confidence in the government on where I'd be sent...Iraq for oil? No, Afghanistan for nation building? Sure, except the Peace Corps does a better job than the Marines at nation building, no knock on the Marines but thats not their job obviously.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:44 PM
Only a freshman, I've got more time to get "liberal" as you say. You use that term quite liberally... you liberal. I'd maybe join the Marines if I had more confidence in the government on where I'd be sent...Iraq for oil? No, Afghanistan for nation building? Sure, except the Peace Corps does a better job than the Marines at nation building, no knock on the Marines but thats not their job obviously.

Huh? You join the ****ing Marines because you want to serve your ****ing country. You're worried about "where'll you be sent?" Bone off. You are part of the problem young man, not a part of the solution. When you begin to grow up, you just might get it. I'm not really holding out much hope though. Sounds to me like you're already pretty much brainwashed.

Go ahead, do a Peace Corps stint in ****stanistan. I'm sure you'll find plenty of plump ladies and homos you can relate to. Meh.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 08:49 PM
Huh? You join the ****ing Marines because you want to serve your ****ing country. You're worried about "where'll you be sent?" Bone off. You are part of the problem young man, not a part of the solution. When you begin to grow up, you just might get it. I'm not really holding out much hope though. Sounds to me like you're already pretty much brainwashed.

Go ahead, do a Peace Corps stint in ****stanistan. I'm sure you'll find plenty of plump ladies and homos you can relate to. Meh.
No, I want to know that I'll actually be sent to defend or serve my country not the interests of Chevron. A large military is a threat to the nation which builds it anyways, and a founding father said that, not some "dayum pinkoo commie librul". I fail to see how I'm "part of the problem" or even what "the problem" is.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 08:53 PM
No, I want to know that I'll actually be sent to defend or serve my country not the interests of Chevron. A large military is a threat to the nation which builds it anyways, and a founding father said that, not some "dayum pinkoo commie librul". I fail to see how I'm "part of the problem" or even what "the problem" is.

Once you join the Marines....they explain it all to you

http://www.corpsstories.com/060307.jpg

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 08:57 PM

Too late. You're already ****ed. WTF do you think "serve my country" means? It ain't easy, it ain't pretty, and sometimes you don't agree with it. Then you get older and you go "hmmmm, guess I wasn't so smart afterall."

You're way too brainwashed already. To you, serving your country would be marching down main street in Columbia, SC carrying a rainbow flag, a dead fetus in a bag, and a hope and change bumper sticker slapped across your narrow ***. You don't get it yet. Hopefully someday you will.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 09:00 PM
Too late. You're already ****ed. WTF do you think "serve my country" means? It ain't easy, it ain't pretty, and sometimes you don't agree with it. Then you get older and you go "hmmmm, guess I wasn't so smart afterall."

You're way too brainwashed already. To you, serving your country would be marching down main street in Columbia, SC carrying a rainbow flag, a dead fetus in a bag, and a hope and change bumper sticker slapped across your narrow ***. You don't get it yet. Hopefully someday you will.
You're just mature beyond your years with the personal assaults. A question, how many American civilians are safer because of the Iraq invasion? How many have died because of it?

This doesn't even dignify a response, because you're just making up ****

soonercruiser
2/25/2011, 09:05 PM

Please don't join the military!
Our country needs only soldiers that will obey lawful orders and are in it for service to their country.....not only "if I get my way". :rolleyes:
Join the Peace Corps.
(29 years AF)

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 09:05 PM
You're just mature beyond your years with the personal assaults. A question, how many American civilians are safer because of the Iraq invasion? How many have died because of it?

This doesn't even dignify a response, because you're just making up ****You got it all figger'd out don't ya...young'n.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:06 PM

This doesn't even dignify a response, because you're just making up ****

Coming from a < 20 year old kid? This means nada, zero, nothing. You weren't even old enough to **** in a toilet when the US went to Iraq the first time. WTF do you know about it? You're a product of some sleaze in SC. Whatever.

Guess they have those gay liberal arts profs in SC too huh? Cool. Carry on with your peace corps self. In the mean time real men are joining the military to defend your right to be a dumbass. Hope that makes you sleep well at night.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2011, 09:08 PM
You got it all figger'd out don't ya...young'n.
Don't claim to, but I do actually challenge my beliefs...you should try it!

Coming from a < 20 year old kid? This means nada, zero, nothing. You weren't even old enough to **** in a toilet when the US went to Iraq the first time. WTF do you know about it? You're a product of some sleaze in SC. Whatever.

Guess they have those gay liberal arts profs in SC too huh? Cool. Carry on with your peace corps self. In the mean time real men are joining the military to defend your right to be a dumbass. Hope that makes you sleep well at night.
...seriously?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/25/2011, 09:08 PM
It's all so enlightening. Dean -- Master of Human Relations.

Why did you pick that program? No wonder your view of college is so skewed.

Human Relations was the liberal wing of Sociology, so much so that Sociology kicked them out.

The mid-terms are something along the lines of: "Three people in a boat with two pieces of meat. Who dies?"

Dean in Human Relations is like an abortion doctor doing residency at the Vatican.

But in all seriousness, was Professor George Henderson still in the department in 2000? He founded the program. I used to see him on a daily basis riding the elevator in the Physical Science Tower. He was the best dressed professor at OU back in my days there, and as graceful and polite as a man could be. If they ever made a movie about him, they'd have to get Morgan Freeman to play him. Henderson looked as distinguished as Freeman talks

http://csrde.ou.edu/web/Speakers_files/HendersonG.jpg

The guy wrote 30 books or so and his list of distinguished professorships is a long one: Sylvan N. Goldman Professor, David Ross Boyd Professor, Regents' Professor, and Kerr-McGee Presidential Professor.

His story on coming to Oklahoma is an interesting one:

By Andy Rieger

Transcript Managing Editor

In 1967, George Henderson’s faculty mentor at Wayne State University in Detroit told him not to pull up stakes and take a teaching position complete with $5,000 pay cut at the University of Oklahoma.

The state is full of rednecks and was a “second class place,” the mentor told him. “You can do better,” he advised. Besides, Norman was a known “sundown” town where African Americans were expected to be out of town by sundown or suffer the consequences. George and Barbara Henderson’s children voted the move down.

Henderson didn’t listen to the mentor or his children. On a plane, flying over the red-dirt Midwest headed to an Oklahoma interview, an inner voice took hold and Henderson made the decision to come to OU as one of the university’s first African American faculty members.

“It wasn’t my decision,” he told members of the Norman Rotary Club this past week. “A force much greater than George Henderson made that decision.”

Rotarians gave Henderson a standing ovation but the community’s welcome wasn’t always friendly.

“Norman was a place that prided itself on not having Negroes,” Henderson said.

Housing for the family of seven children and a mother-in-law was difficult. Homes suddenly became unavailable and off the market when the sellers learned the buyer’s race.

Henderson was ready to turn the offer down and return to Detroit. Realtor Sam Matthews, Dr. George Cross and members of the OU Sociology Department finally found a willing seller. Matthews was eventually blacklisted and suffered financially. Henderson called the Realtor and willing seller the real heroes.

“It wasn’t about money. It was about belief and integrity. It was about doing the right thing,” he said.

Once settled in their home on Osborne Drive, the Henderson family endured crank telephone calls, insults, egged cars, garbage thrown on their lawn, police and merchant harassment and one death threat. Why did they stay?

“For every nasty, surly incident, two to three good things would happen,” he said.

He described architecture professor Fred Shellabarger redesigning and supervising contractors enlarging the family’s home. Shellabarger wouldn’t take payment.

“Nothing like that had ever happened to me before. You put it on the scales and you say there is more good than bad.”

Henderson, founder of OU’s Human Relations Program, was dean of the OU College of Liberal Studies 1996 to 2000. He is a nationally-known civil rights scholar and lecturer and author of more than 30 books.

He spoke of OU First Lady Cleo Cross opening her home to his daughters for a tea party and some neighbors bringing welcoming gifts. After about five years, the children became comfortable and didn’t want to leave Norman, the place they initially resisted.

“What kind of place was this? It was my place. It’s a wonderful frontier. We were strangers and people like you opened their arms and homes to us,” he told Rotarians. “Nothing that I have accomplished — and I have accomplished a lot — have I done alone. In this Black History month, thank you for helping us make some history of our own.”

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 09:09 PM
Don't claim to, but I do actually challenge my beliefs...you should try it!

...seriously?Your like the offspring of KC and LAS...

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:16 PM
Although I wasn't able to serve...I know and have worked closely with folks who have been in every Military Action since Korea. I used to know a few that could tell you about how they lost buddies and body parts in WWII.

I'm not bragging as I think everyone of them is what makes our Country the greatest Country on Earth. If you listen to them you'll hear stories that are horrible and stories of humanity.

To many folks want to believe that our Military is something to fear. Well....I guess it might be if folks who think that way are the only ones serving....but it's just not that way. Everyone of the guys I know that are out....99.9% of them are awesome folks. I rarely run into someone who would even get in your face. I think if South Carolina Sooner actually read this thread and realized just how many of you on this board have served, he'd quickly understand that he's not alone when he enters....he's supported by all that served, are serving and even many who never served.

Not quite the picture of a bunch of bad guys he thinks he'll have to deal with.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:18 PM
Ah, I can always count on Juan.

Dr. Henderson was sort of a hero/cult figure to me. I know he was lying his *** off when he claimed "I was the first black to ever buy a home in Norman" and such, but he was/is a distinguished, intelligent, proper gentleman and I give him his due. He's in pretty rough shape right now (health wise) so if you actually have a God, pray for Dr. Henderson.

Anyhow, yes, I have an MHR degree. Does that mean I'm supposed to be a slack-jawed lackey to the liberal machine Juan? To you I suppose so. To me, **** no. I love everybody. Especially those willing to dig their own galdamn self out of whatever galdamn hole society/themselves/timing put them in. I love me some Asians now. Why? Cause they're willing to work to better themselves. I love me some Mexicans now. Why? Cause they love/nurture their families and put family/God before all else (except in your ****ing case). I love me some Dr. Henderson because he raised himself up out of some pretty bleak surroundings and became a wealthy/famous man in Norman, by God, Oklahoma.

In the mean time, did you have a point?

Blue
2/25/2011, 09:23 PM

Even the most conservative of us are starting to question just where the hell The Powers That Be are taking us. Nothing wrong with that. And it doesn't make you a liberal, commie faggot.

It's good that he thinks about the motives of Empire Building. It might just save his life.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:23 PM
"Three people in a boat with two pieces of meat. Who dies?"

Answer: You two are the pieces of meat. You were dead before asking the question.

Blue
2/25/2011, 09:26 PM

Those "Real Men" need to be over here banging their wives, starting companies, employing many and not off in Bum ****ing Egypt fighting a neverending war.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:30 PM
Those "Real Men" need to be over here banging there wives, starting companies, employing many and not off in Bum ****ing Egypt fighting a neverending war.

You aren't gonna start many companies if the Suez Canal gets shut down.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:32 PM
Even the most conservative of us are starting to question just where the hell The Powers That Be are taking us. Nothing wrong with that. And it doesn't make you a liberal, commie faggot.

It's good that he thinks about the motives of Empire Building. It might just save his life.

Really? So what if he gets killed in downtown OKC buying a bag of weed? More young people are killed in this country in dope deals gone astray/car jackings/drive-bys than are killed in Iraq/Afghanistan and even military training exercises. Combined.

I have no problem with somebody "questioning the powers that be" when they have a clue. I have a problem with people who think that they should be able to dictate what military service should be. If everybody had the "well I ain't gonna do it cause I don't trust the military" attitude we'd all be speaking German/French/Vietnamese.

You're smarter than than Blue/Spray. Paint.

Blue
2/25/2011, 09:36 PM
You aren't gonna start many companies if the Suez Canal gets shut down.

So why don't we just take over Egypt if its so important? Apparently Obama doesn't think the Suez is that important. He sided w/ change in Egypt.

We're all over that ****in sandbox losing countrymen for what?? So oil will stay under 100 dollars a barrel?

It's time to rethink our interests. Right now folks are dying bc elite billionaires want to maintain their profit margin. It has nothing to do with us. The sooner we realize that the better.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:37 PM
So why don't we just take over Egypt if its so important? Apparently Obama doesn't think the Suez is that important. He sided w/ change in Egypt.

We're all over that ****in sandbox losing countrymen for what?? So oil will stay under 100 dollars a barrel?

It's time to rethink our interests. Right now folks are dying bc elite billionaires want to maintain their profit margin. It has nothing to do with us. The sooner we realize that the better.

Dude, you wanna drive to work? It's important to you too. Geez, you're drinking again, ain't ya?

OUthunder
2/25/2011, 09:38 PM

Yeah, but I never claimed to be a military guy. He just chewed my *** out cuz I was prickin the place up.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:40 PM

Because our job is keeping the Panama Canal open?

We expect the EU and others who are even more effected by the Suez to keep it open? If they need our help....we should.

Blue
2/25/2011, 09:42 PM
Really? So what if he gets killed in downtown OKC buying a bag of weed? More young people are killed in this country in dope deals gone astray/car jackings/drive-bys than are killed in Iraq/Afghanistan and even military training exercises. Combined.

I have no problem with somebody "questioning the powers that be" when they have a clue. I have a problem with people who think that they should be able to dictate what military service should be. If everybody had the "well I ain't gonna do it cause I don't trust the military" attitude we'd all be speaking German/French/Vietnamese.

You're smarter than than Blue/Spray. Paint.

Fair enough. Although I don't feel sorry for the drug dealer, I do feel sorry for the the men and women who die in a war thats lasted far too long and garnered no results. What the F are we doing in Afghanistan? The only reasons that are making sense are the tinfoil hat ones. Poppy fields, oil(iraq), strategic positioning, money money money.

America stands for freedom, nobility, progress. Lately it doesn't seem that way.

And Spray is my brother. the smart one. :D

OUthunder
2/25/2011, 09:43 PM
This thread is just what a guy needs on Friday night with nothing to do...carry on.

GKeeper316
2/25/2011, 09:45 PM
Please don't join the military!
Our country needs only soldiers that will obey lawful orders and are in it for service to their country.....not only "if I get my way". :rolleyes:
Join the Peace Corps.
(29 years AF)

the problem is that most of the people taking orders don't know a lawful order from a dick in their ***.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:45 PM
Mother****er I had plenty to do. I was supposed to meet some people at an Irish pub but I damn near burned the apartment down trying to make tacos. Left the ****ing shells in the oven and they caught fire. Had the concierge and the Arlington Fire Dept. here.

Anyhow, I ain't having tacos now, it's 9:44 on the East coast, and I'm gonna call and order Chinese. **** and ****ing duck.

Blue
2/25/2011, 09:46 PM
Dude, you wanna drive to work? It's important to you too. Geez, you're drinking again, ain't ya?

It is important. In my business the price of oil going up means I have to pay more for my materials. I also drive alot so yeah it hurts.

BUT! I would gladly take a hit if it meant we weren't selling our souls for the petro-dollar.

And yes I went out earlier, but I'm totally cool on beer. It's Jager that brings out the beast. :D

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 09:49 PM
It is important. In my business the price of oil going up means I have to pay more for my materials. I also drive alot so yeah it hurts.

BUT! I would gladly take a hit if it meant we weren't selling our souls for the petro-dollar.

And yes I went out earlier, but I'm totally cool on beer. It's Jager that brings out the beast. :D

So now you're telling me you're a chick? Cause only chicks drink that ****ing jagermeister crapola. Man, that crap is poison with a capital P.

Blue
2/25/2011, 09:52 PM
So now you're telling me you're a chick? Cause only chicks drink that ****ing jagermeister crapola. Man, that crap is poison with a capital P.

The demon that was residing in me seemed to like it. :D

had to chop his head off and eat its heart. Long story...

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:54 PM
Those poppy fields aren't that important anymore. We can make stuff now that can help in medicine. Of course you don't see us cutting off the Poppy and coco leaves chemically in order to stop drugs coming across our borders.

Kind of amazing that we wont do that but we will watch some whack job Gov. try and rob his employees pension funds.

MR2-Sooner86
2/25/2011, 09:55 PM
I want to know that I'll actually be sent to defend or serve my country not the interests of Chevron. A large military is a threat to the nation which builds it anyways

So my friend's who have gone over to Iraq and Afghanistan aren't defending or serving our country?
My friend who got grenade fragments in his leg is just a tool of big oil?
My friend who got stabbed in a night club in New England around the Iraq Invasion because he was military deserved it because he was a "threat" to our nation?
My friend who I might never see again who just shipped off in Special Forces is a brainwashed drone?
Were the piece of sh*t protesters (Jane Fonda, Bill Clinton, John Kerry) who spit on, booed, punched, poisoned, and degraded Vietnam Veterans (like my father) in the right according to you?

F*CK YOU IN THE F*CKING NECK YOU DICK SUCKING SON OF A BITCH!

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 09:59 PM
So my friend's who have gone over to Iraq and Afghanistan aren't defending or serving our country?
My friend who got stabbed in a night club in New England around the Iraq Invasion because he was military deserved it because he was a "threat" to our nation?
My friend who I might never see again who just shipped off in Special Forces is a brainwashed drone?
Were the piece of sh*t protesters (Jane Fonda, Bill Clinton, John Kerry) who spit on, booed, punched, poisoned, and degraded Vietnam Veterans (like my father) in the right according to you?

Spek

Now calm yourself if possible. You're having a heck of a day.

Mongo
2/25/2011, 09:59 PM
Now that is a response

Blue
2/25/2011, 10:01 PM

We're all tools to those that want money. Slaves to the grind.

That was deep. :texan:

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 10:02 PM
Kinda funny how two different 20-year old kids can be, huh? Kinda makes you think one set of parents did their job, the other? Not so much.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 10:06 PM

F*CK YOU IN THE F*CKING NECK YOU DICK SUCKING SON OF A BITCH!Spek Bro! You a crazy mother ****er... as if you didn't know it...we need to get durnk...I hope you make it to the Ho Down:D

Blue
2/25/2011, 10:07 PM
Kinda funny how two different 20-year old kids can be, huh? Kinda makes you think one set of parents did their job, the other? Not so much.

I see good qualities in both.

MR2- Loyal, Moral, Disciplined, Passionate, Patriot

SCS- Questions Authority, Thoughtful, Moral, Passionate, Patriot

Our country needs both.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 10:11 PM
I see good qualities in both.

MR2- Loyal, Moral, Disciplined, Passionate, Patriot

SCS- Questions Authority, Thoughtful, Moral, Passionate, Patriot

Our country needs both.

OK, now it's official. You're cut off.

If you see all that, you really are ****ed up.

I see:

Loyal, moral, disciplined, passionate, patriot.

Cowardly, chicken****, whiner, pissant.

HUGE difference.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 10:14 PM
Sometimes I don't know if you can always blame the parents. I think you can find that peer groups throughout School and into College can have a huge impact. I mean....SCS is at least saying he's thinking about it.

Even if he joins the Peace Corp.....that's something. If he's just screwing around he should probably stop before he hurts feelings. Again we have buried a lot of our own again.....but what's been our real problem is all of the folks who aren't coming back whole and require huge amounts of medical and rehabilitative treatment. Althought it's up setting....it's also very amazing to see how good of care we can give people when inspired.

I truly hope to see everyone in our Country who not only served but all of them who have worked for decades to help pay into the system we have to help pay for it all. This bickering of who should pay for good healthcare needs to stop and we need to keep training top notch people to do specialty surgery and rehabilitation and give people hope. Technology has been a gift to all of us in this Country and we have shared it with the World.....it's time we take care of ourselves again.

Blue
2/25/2011, 10:19 PM
OK, now it's official. You're cut off.

If you see all that, you really are ****ed up.

I see:

Loyal, moral, disciplined, passionate, patriot.

Cowardly, chicken****, whiner, pissant.

HUGE difference.

Heh! I don't agree with liberals on much, but I think this war has gone on long enough. I refuse to call someone a ***** if they don't blindly follow the leader on this one. We'll just agree to disagree.

There is definitely evil in this world and it must be confronted. I think we agree on that.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 10:24 PM
Blue....

I think that "Stop Loss" deal was the thing that really left me speechless. I mean.....I know Leaders have to do things that keep things going but it made me start to worry that we might be getting to deep into our reserves.

If there was anything that I had never even thought about when we went to War this last time....it was that.

Blue
2/25/2011, 10:26 PM
Blue....

I think that "Stop Loss" deal was the thing that really left me speechless. I mean.....I know Leaders have to do things that keep things going but it made me start to worry that we might be getting to deep into our reserves.

If there was anything that I had never even thought about when we went to War this last time....it was that.

"Stop Loss"- not familiar. Sorry I'm a moran...explain? is that 3 or 4 tours in a row?

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 10:32 PM
"Stop Loss"- not familiar. Sorry I'm a moran...explain? is that 3 or 4 tours in a row?

Pretty much. I know some folks did it and volunteered for it but others were being pressed to come Home by Family that needed them and after giving so much of themselves they were ordered to return.

Stop-loss is a term primarily used in the United States military. In the U.S. military, it is the involuntary extension of a service member's active duty service under the enlistment contract in order to retain them beyond their initial end of term of service (ETS) date and up to their contractually agreed end of obligated service (EOS). It also applies to the cessation of a permanent change of station (PCS) move for a member still in military service. Stop-loss was used immediately before and during the first Persian Gulf War. Since then, it has been used during deployments to Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Kosovo and after the September 11 attacks and the subsequent War on Terror.

The policy has been legally challenged several times. However, federal courts have consistently found that military service members contractually agree that their term of service may be involuntarily extended until the end of their obligated service.

Again...I'm not gonna bag on this to hard as leaders have to do what they have to do....but how many times should it happen? Harvard School of Business used the scenario in the Movie "12 O'Clock High" to explain how leaders had to make so many decisions regarding sending pilots and crew on bombing raids over Germany knowing that eventually all of their number might come up. It's a good Movie to explain how tough some decisions can be in this life. Many crews suffered great amounts of mental problems over it.

It just concerned me that maybe we may need to move towards a Draft if things were that bad. A draft in this Country is political suicide. It's gonna take a real Leader to pull that trigger in the future IMO. It's why I think a mandatory service might be in order at some point. Those that serve can be given certain benefits like education funding assistance.....those that don't can pay for it on their own. A friend of mine felt it should go as far as....a person who serves the mandatory service is a Citizen and those who don't are just legal residents with very little or no Gov't Assistance. I see tons of problems with both of those senarios especially the latter.

Blue
2/25/2011, 10:46 PM
Pretty much. I know some folks did it and volunteered for it but others were being pressed to come Home by Family that needed them and after giving so much of themselves they were ordered to return.

Again...I'm not gonna bag on this to hard as leader have to do what they have to do....but how many times should it happen? Harvard School of Business used the scenario in the Movie "12 O'Clock High" to explain how leaders had to make so many decisions regarding sending pilots and crew on bombing raids over Germany knowing that eventually all of the number might come up. It's a good Movie to explain how tough some decisions can be in this life.

It just concerned me that maybe we may need to move towards a Draft if things were that bad. A draft in this Country is political suicide. It's gonna take a real Leader to pull that trigger in the future IMO. It's why I think a mandatory service might be in order at some point. Those that serve can be given certain benefits like education funding assistance.....those that don't can pay for it on their own. A friend of mine felt it should go as far as....a person who serves the mandatory service is a Citizen and those who don't are just legal residents with very little or no Gov't Assistance. I see tons of problems with both of those senarios especially the latter.

Yeah that sucks. But whats the solution? A draft?

It probably wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have a base in almost every country of the world. It's also a good reason for having alot of poor citizens and open borders....(stretch)

sooner ngintunr
2/25/2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah stop loss are the worst words you can hear while getting ready to ets. I think stop loss is bull****. Thats what the draft is for.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah that sucks. But whats the solution? A draft?

It probably wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have a base in almost every country of the world. It's also a good reason for having alot of poor citizens and open borders....(stretch)

If what's going on in Wisconsin is a mess.....wait until you start drafting people and the amount of ways one can get out of serving the draft order isn't like it was and now includes Women and Alternative lifestyles. Also....since muslims wish to live in our Country....they wouldn't or shouldn't be immune either. No Cassius Clay Bull****.

sooner ngintunr
2/25/2011, 10:53 PM
If what's going on in Wisconsin is a mess.....wait until you start drafting people and the amount of ways one can get out of serving the draft order isn't like it was and now includes Women and Alternative lifestyles. Also....since muslims wish to live in our Country....they wouldn't or shouldn't be immune either. No Cassius Clay Bull****.

That's what the peace corp is for.

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 11:06 PM
That's what the peace corp is for.

They better get their asses in the Peace Corp before they get a letter....lol