PDA

View Full Version : Columbia University Students Heckle Wounded Veteran

Pages : 1 [2]

sooner ngintunr
2/25/2011, 11:14 PM
They better get their asses in the Peace Corp before they get a letter....lol
I'd even be OK with draftees given the option. Peace Corp or Army. Win win for both.;)

Sooner5030
2/25/2011, 11:47 PM
there is no longer a stop-loss policy but there still is a stop move policy.

Stop loss was used for folks whose ETS dates were within x days of either side of the deployment date.

If you served your total eight years then it is a bumb deal. However, remember everyone has a contract that puts them in the IRR after their RA duty. You can be called from the IRR based on certian conditions. So if you read your contract most know that you could be deployed beyond your initial ETS from active duty.

sooner59
2/25/2011, 11:52 PM
I love that we have people who have different views. God bless America.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/26/2011, 02:15 AM
So my friend's who have gone over to Iraq and Afghanistan aren't defending or serving our country?
My friend who got grenade fragments in his leg is just a tool of big oil?
My friend who got stabbed in a night club in New England around the Iraq Invasion because he was military deserved it because he was a "threat" to our nation?
My friend who I might never see again who just shipped off in Special Forces is a brainwashed drone?
Were the piece of sh*t protesters (Jane Fonda, Bill Clinton, John Kerry) who spit on, booed, punched, poisoned, and degraded Vietnam Veterans (like my father) in the right according to you?

F*CK YOU IN THE F*CKING NECK YOU DICK SUCKING SON OF A BITCH!
RA RA RAGE
No I don't think people who degrade veterans are in the right at all, don't put words in my mouth. I never said nor do I think those people deserved any of that, why are you mad at me? I have no problem that your friend chose to join the army, or join the special forces. But just because I would choose not to join the army, DOES NOT MAKE ME LESS OF A MAN. I can serve my country without blowing someone up.
Clearly you're all emotional over this and you can't make a coherent statement other than a personal insult. Thats what you do when you have nothing left right? Start calling people **********s?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/26/2011, 02:18 AM
OK, now it's official. You're cut off.

If you see all that, you really are ****ed up.

I see:

Loyal, moral, disciplined, passionate, patriot.

Cowardly, chicken****, whiner, pissant.

HUGE difference.
Yeah, the world would just be so great if everyone just shut up and went with the status quo right? If everyone just blindly supported their leaders, their wars and whatnot?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/26/2011, 02:25 AM
Sometimes I don't know if you can always blame the parents. I think you can find that peer groups throughout School and into College can have a huge impact. I mean....SCS is at least saying he's thinking about it.

Even if he joins the Peace Corp.....that's something. If he's just screwing around he should probably stop before he hurts feelings. Again we have buried a lot of our own again.....but what's been our real problem is all of the folks who aren't coming back whole and require huge amounts of medical and rehabilitative treatment. Althought it's up setting....it's also very amazing to see how good of care we can give people when inspired.

I truly hope to see everyone in our Country who not only served but all of them who have worked for decades to help pay into the system we have to help pay for it all. This bickering of who should pay for good healthcare needs to stop and we need to keep training top notch people to do specialty surgery and rehabilitation and give people hope. Technology has been a gift to all of us in this Country and we have shared it with the World.....it's time we take care of ourselves again.
Absolutely not screwing around, planning on joining either after undergrad here or after grad school (hopefully at OU). I'm glad y'all feel comfortable to mock national service such as the Peace Corps, men and women who serve our country for virtually nothing. True patriots.

StoopTroup
2/26/2011, 02:30 AM
there is no longer a stop-loss policy but there still is a stop move policy.

Stop loss was used for folks whose ETS dates were within x days of either side of the deployment date.

If you served your total eight years then it is a bumb deal. However, remember everyone has a contract that puts them in the IRR after their RA duty. You can be called from the IRR based on certian conditions. So if you read your contract most know that you could be deployed beyond your initial ETS from active duty.

Thanks for the info. It's good they have the power they need when our Country calls.....hopefully we'll not have conditions like that again.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/26/2011, 02:33 AM
That's what the peace corp is for.
Big man, you done either?

sooner59
2/26/2011, 02:38 AM
Do what you want to do. Whatever you feel is right for you, I say. I understand much of what you are saying, just as I understand where the others are coming from. Neither of you will see eye-to-eye on the issue, so just keep an open mind, explore the issues, and make a well-informed decision.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/26/2011, 02:39 AM
Do what you want to do. Whatever you feel is right for you, I say. I understand much of what you are saying, just as I understand where the others are coming from. Neither of you will see eye-to-eye on the issue, so just keep an open mind, explore the issues, and made a well-informed decision.
What this man said

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 07:56 AM
Really? So what if he gets killed in downtown OKC buying a bag of weed? More young people are killed in this country in dope deals gone astray/car jackings/drive-bys than are killed in Iraq/Afghanistan and even military training exercises. Combined.

Ah so we SHOULD legalize weed then?

Yeah, the world would just be so great if everyone just shut up and went with the status quo right? If everyone just blindly supported their leaders, their wars and whatnot?

SCS, let's not award dean "status quo" rights on this. He's the loudest and has some loud support. But most of these posters are oklahomans or have ties back to Oklahoma. Not exactly a melting lot around here.

Oh, and good morning!

The Profit
2/26/2011, 09:04 AM
Ah so we SHOULD legalize weed then?

SCS, let's not award dean "status quo" rights on this. He's the loudest and has some loud support. But most of these posters are oklahomans or have ties back to Oklahoma. Not exactly a melting lot around here.

Oh, and good morning!

Good morning, and weed should be legalized. It would be a great cash crop for Oklahoma, taxes on the legal sale would pour money into the state, and pot is not nearly as destructive to the body as alcohol.

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 09:19 AM
Good morning, and weed should be legalized. It would be a great cash crop for Oklahoma, taxes on the legal sale would pour money into the state, and pot is not nearly as destructive to the body as alcohol.

And like dean said, it would save a ton of lives.

picasso
2/26/2011, 09:27 AM
But most of these posters are oklahomans or have ties back to Oklahoma. Not exactly a melting lot around here.

Oh, and good morning!

Please explain this? Oklahoma is chock full of more Indian tribes than any other state.
What other minorities require a melting lot as you say? My wife went to Carver middle school and Booker T. high in Tulsa.
Me? I grew up in a culturally diverse small town.

Oh do tell where else I need to go for a melting rich education.

C&CDean
2/26/2011, 09:45 AM
Meh. The same old tired "Okies are hickassed rednecks that don't have a clue about diversity" mantra. We get it. As for me, I don't really like the major "culturally diverse" places much. Here in DC? It blows. Everybody is rude, half of them don't speak English, nobody smiles, no friendly help-thy-neighbor attitude like in OK. Give me OK over DC/NYC/LA/Boston any day of the week. We've got all the same ethnic/cultural groups only without the ****ty attitude.

As for pot? I've already said I don't care one way or the other on legalization. It's a non-issue to me anymore. Now, do I believe that once pot is legalized that crime will miraculously drop? About as much as I believe Sicem is a 6'6", 245 lb. black man.

I believe we'd see more crime around people heisting weed from the legal places that can sell it. Kinda like drug store burglaries. All these people will still be stoned and poor. Anyone who thinks the US government wouldn't charge AT LEAST as much (and probably more with taxes, etc.) than what is sells for now is a buffoon. Legalizing it also opens up a pandora's box of issues - like drug testing for jobs, driving under the influence, etc.

Like I said, IDGAS about it anymore. Legalizing it just won't "fix" any problems we currently have.

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 09:47 AM
Sic em is a Big Black Dude? I dint know :eek:

picasso
2/26/2011, 10:11 AM
I know it's not Cheverly, Maryland, but there are places in Oklahoma that aren't completely white and hillbilly.

God forbid someone would paint us with a broad brush. That's stereotyping is it not?;)

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 10:37 AM
I apologize gentlemen, I should have said "political melting pot/lot (ha, damn thumbs). I believe I can broadbrush this state with accuracy in that it is conservative and Republican in belief with respect to war and our military.

I do realize we have our fair share of minorities. I am one.

Carry on.

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 10:39 AM
I apologize gentlemen, I should have said "political melting pot/lot (ha, damn thumbs). I believe I can broadbrush this state with accuracy in that it is conservative and Republican in belief with respect to war and our military.

I do realize we have our fair share of minorities. I am one.

Carry on.

Being a LOUD mouth aint a minority, Jes sayin ;)

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 10:46 AM
Being a LOUD mouth aint a minority, Jes sayin ;)

(I couldn't decide on which was to go so consider this my version of "Choose your own Adventure")

Hahaha, well played. I'm a minority here in other ways. (i.e. I have a large c*ck)

OR

Your momma's a loud mouth.

(sorry vet, the ow made me post that)

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 10:51 AM
(I couldn't decide on which was to go so consider this my version of "Choose your own Adventure")

Hahaha, well played. I'm a minority here in other ways. (i.e. I have a large c*ck)

OR

Your momma's a loud mouth.

(sorry vet, the ow made me post that)

My Mommas dead so she be pretty quite now And I just broke yer Magnifying glass go look again

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 10:54 AM
My Mommas dead so she be pretty quite now And I just broke yer Magnifying glass go look again

Boomer!

OutlandTrophy
2/26/2011, 11:01 AM
Jammin' is an aggie. just an FYI

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 11:04 AM

Cause he Likes to be Jammin da sheeps?:D

soonercruiser
2/26/2011, 11:47 AM
Good morning, and weed should be legalized. It would be a great crash crop for Oklahoma.

Profit! I fixed it for ya.

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 01:45 PM

This place is so defining. I'm an American, why can't that be enough?

Mongo
2/26/2011, 01:59 PM
I am all for segragation for aggie americans. They should have their own schools

OutlandTrophy
2/26/2011, 02:00 PM
and water fountains.

SicEmBaylor
2/26/2011, 02:04 PM
Sic em is a Big Black Dude? I dint know :eek:

I'm a straight up dope mutha f'er from an ebony mother, homie!

Word.

Dawg.

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 02:35 PM
I'm a straight up dope mutha f'er from an ebony mother, homie!

Word.

Dawg.

You wuz born a Poor black child ;)
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/789/789769/the-jerk-hd-dvd-20070518110047446-000.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
2/26/2011, 02:38 PM
I'm black from the waist up...

Jammin'
2/26/2011, 03:00 PM
I have black friends.

OutlandTrophy
2/26/2011, 03:05 PM
I have friends that happen to be black.

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 03:06 PM
I had a friend till I beat his *** Black an Blue :D

OutlandTrophy
2/26/2011, 03:13 PM
I had a friend till I beat his *** Black an Blue

i thought c ock had 4 letters?
:)

olevetonahill
2/26/2011, 03:18 PM
i thought c ock had 4 letters?
:)

My bad :O

OutlandTrophy
2/26/2011, 03:18 PM
:D

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 01:41 PM
Ah, I can always count on Juan.

Dr. Henderson was sort of a hero/cult figure to me. I know he was lying his *** off when he claimed "I was the first black to ever buy a home in Norman" and such, but he was/is a distinguished, intelligent, proper gentleman and I give him his due. He's in pretty rough shape right now (health wise) so if you actually have a God, pray for Dr. Henderson.

Anyhow, yes, I have an MHR degree. Does that mean I'm supposed to be a slack-jawed lackey to the liberal machine Juan? To you I suppose so. To me, **** no. I love everybody. Especially those willing to dig their own galdamn self out of whatever galdamn hole society/themselves/timing put them in. I love me some Asians now. Why? Cause they're willing to work to better themselves. I love me some Mexicans now. Why? Cause they love/nurture their families and put family/God before all else (except in your ****ing case). I love me some Dr. Henderson because he raised himself up out of some pretty bleak surroundings and became a wealthy/famous man in Norman, by God, Oklahoma.

In the mean time, did you have a point?

I hope Dr. Henderson suffers minimal pain. He's lived a full life, and a good one. Seems like I rode the elevator with him a thousand times and knew him in some way.

I didn't have any point, Dean -- I was just relating to another human, and by golly a human who is a master of human relations. And I never doubted you love everybody. I've known for some time you'll share your chili with all. Gettin all touchy-feely now.