PDA

View Full Version : Melt down in Stoolwater.....

madillsoonerfan5353
2/24/2011, 11:25 AM
Members of the Oklahoma Sooners football team, including head coach Bob Stoops, are recognized by the state Senate for their 2010 season in Oklahoma City February 23, 2011.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Regular Photo Size
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Links

■Sooners break bowl game losing streak
■Sooners beat 'Huskers, win Big 12
■Two #1's make good for OU
var adRefreshTimeout=1000;advertisement
ShareThis
Posted: 02/23/2011
Last Updated: 19 hours and 40 minutes ago

OKLAHOMA CITY - The University of Oklahoma's football team was honored by the state Senate for their 2010 Big XII championship season and Fiesta Bowl victory.

Senate Concurrent Resolution 3, authored by Sens. John Sparks and Jonathan Nichols, commends the Sooners on their accomplishments on and off the field.

“This team and coaching staff accomplished something truly special this past season,” said Sparks, D-Norman. “In addition to winning another Big 12 championship and rising to the occasion in a BCS bowl game, the team helped their program reach a number of important milestones. They have represented our state and the University of Oklahoma well, and we take great pride in their success.”

The Sooners in 2010 won ten or more games for an NCAA-record 32nd time, and became only the seventh program in college football history to win 800 games.

The team also extended the nation’s longest active home winning streak to 36 games.

In addition, defensive back Quinton Carter was awarded the Wooden Citizenship Cup and was one of just eleven players named to the American Football Coaches Association Good Works Team. Offensive lineman Brian Lepak was named Academic All-American.

Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast

:pop:

badger
2/24/2011, 11:33 AM
:( I am disappointed, because I was hoping for a real meltdown.

(but seriously, they probably are melting down over something right now. just a few days ago, OP was melting down over a blackface discussion, no joke)

NMSooner'80
2/24/2011, 12:55 PM
The DOK's story included a comments board below it in the on-line version. It got the usual "Poke" remarks.

JLEW1818
2/24/2011, 02:44 PM
THAT AIN'T TRUE

picasso
2/24/2011, 03:29 PM
I'm confused. There's a melt down in Stillwater? Or is there a meltdown in Stillwater?
I mean, I spent a few nights there a coupla times. Tuna melt?

MyT Oklahoma
2/24/2011, 09:10 PM
Being a lifelong resident of Kansas I've never really paid any attention to what goes on at that other Oklahoma school in our conference.

However.. over the past few years while reading various threads on this message board.. those of you who have to deal with OSU fans on a daily basis truly have my sympathy.

At least their good entertainment though.. huh? LOL

AlbqSooner
2/24/2011, 09:14 PM
At least their good entertainment though.. huh? LOL

Actually no. They are epic fail at that also.:D

Mazeppa
2/24/2011, 10:20 PM
Related Links

■Sooners break bowl game losing streak

Didn't they do that in 09?

HBick
2/25/2011, 03:57 AM
Most of the people on this board are nicer than me, so I'll lay it out for you. There is nothing worse than aggie.

They are incompetent, smell bad, and love sheep. The sheeple from Stoolwater like to do things like decorate their cars with an aggie rear license plate cover, numerous stickers referring to the "posse," and your typical front osu license plate. They were a basketball school at one point, but after today they are officially having a worse season than Capel and Company.

And the best thing you ask? Their biggest donor, Slim Pickens, the guy who donated hundreds of millions of dollars (which the economy tanking in 08 took a nasty slice out of) had to go to Okie Lite after he was kicked out the other aggie school in Texas.

And to the board faithful, if you have any concerns regarding my hatred of the slow pokes, please remember that is almost 3:00 in the morning and someone had to say it.

MyT Oklahoma
2/25/2011, 01:40 PM
Actually no. They are epic fail at that also.:D

OMG.. seriously?

Now you do have my full sympathies. I had no idea.