yermom
2/24/2011, 07:59 AM
yeah, oreo is pretty offensive

Boomer.....
2/24/2011, 08:11 AM
heh

delhalew
2/24/2011, 09:50 AM
Yes, but its funny, so I give them a pass.

The Profit
2/24/2011, 09:53 AM
not racist

TheHumanAlphabet
2/24/2011, 09:56 AM
For the love of God, what the hell does a grocery price tag have to do with Black History Month???

rekamrettuB
2/24/2011, 10:01 AM
If it were a sale on simply "Grape Drink", the generic Kool-Aid, then I would say yes.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/24/2011, 10:11 AM
lol

sappstuf
2/24/2011, 10:19 AM
http://y4kstudios.com/media/uploads/2008/02/cotten-balls2.jpg

XingTheRubicon
2/24/2011, 10:23 AM
a coke machine at 10th and portland is pretty funny lookin'.

Coke, and then 9 assorted colors of soda....kinda like Dr Thunder cans in trailer park dumpsters.

Aldebaran
2/24/2011, 10:29 AM
Having a black history month sale isn't racist. The way you singled out a specific product and posted it here is, however, racist.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/24/2011, 10:32 AM
Having a black history month sale isn't racist. The way you singled out a specific product and posted it here is, however, racist.

He probably didn't snap the picture. He was simply showing others and asking an opinion which isn't racist

WichitaSooner
2/24/2011, 10:40 AM
DAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMMMM.... That's a SMOKIN' deal on Red Drink....

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 10:42 AM

Who the **** are you? The racist determinator? Alls I see is a red x anyhow. Let's see, since you like to stretch things I bet the red x is actually a sideways cross, and it's red because it's burning in Jammin's front yard, right? No wait, it's racist against indians cause it's red.

So what is the picture of anyhow?

sooner_born_1960
2/24/2011, 10:46 AM
Koolaid, on sale in celebration of black history month.

sooner_born_1960
2/24/2011, 10:47 AM
And watermelons.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 10:47 AM
Who the **** are you? The racist determinator? Alls I see is a red x anyhow. Let's see, since you like to stretch things I bet the red x is actually a sideways cross, and it's red because it's burning in Jammin's front yard, right? No wait, it's racist against indians cause it's red.

Dean, did you just mentally turn a link failure into a burning cross placed in a black guys front yard?

If so you may have just won Flavor Poster of the Week.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 10:49 AM
I did, and I did it damn well.

cantwait48
2/24/2011, 10:55 AM
if they had a whole section with collared greens, watermelon, fried chicken, chitlins, etc. with a big sign saying Black History Month it would be considered racist to the PC whities but if you put that up in an all black section of town customers would think it was a great convenience and not be offended.

badger
2/24/2011, 10:59 AM
If you have to ask... :O

golfingsooner
2/24/2011, 11:01 AM
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/thats-racist.gif

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 11:21 AM
if they had a whole section with collared greens, watermelon, fried chicken, chitlins, etc. with a big sign saying Black History Month it would be considered racist to the PC whities but if you put that up in an all black section of town customers would think it was a great convenience and not be offended.

I can confirm this to be true and assume your "etc" includes hand guns and ski masks.

Sooner98
2/24/2011, 11:24 AM

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Double_Facepalm.jpg

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Double_Facepalm.jpg

As the photo you chose didn't include Warf or that semi-gay guy in the weird glasses, I assume you're racist.

Aldebaran
2/24/2011, 11:29 AM

That's pretty ranty. It's innersting that the first thing you think when you see a red x is a cross burning in a black guy's yard and feel the need to associate red with indians. I wouldn't say you are racist but you are saying some things that might be considered racist.

OUthunder
2/24/2011, 11:32 AM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/OklahomaRocket/kool.jpg

The all white Oreo's are next to the black and white ones, so yeah.

TitoMorelli
2/24/2011, 11:37 AM
As the photo you chose didn't include Warf or that semi-gay guy in the weird glasses, I assume you're racist.

:D :D Good one.

soonercruiser
2/24/2011, 01:46 PM
"Collard greens"?
I though they were blue collared workers?

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 01:50 PM
That's pretty ranty. It's innersting that the first thing you think when you see a red x is a cross burning in a black guy's yard and feel the need to associate red with indians. I wouldn't say you are racist but you are saying some things that might be considered racist.

I was talking about you Aldy. Get it?:rolleyes:

Shakadoodoo
2/24/2011, 02:03 PM
Just looks like marketing. If the tags that said Black history month were only on the kool aid, chicken, pork and watermelon then I would say yes, but I doubt that was the case. Even so - you should take advantage of it since whites like that stuff just as much as blacks do.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 02:52 PM
Dude, I ****ing hate grape Koolaid.

sooner59
2/24/2011, 02:54 PM
I like just about all of them but grape.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 03:03 PM
Dude, I ****ing hate grape Koolaid.

That's because you stopped smoking weed.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 03:04 PM
I'm white and I love ice cream. Is that racist?

badger
2/24/2011, 03:06 PM
I'm white and I love ice cream. Is that racist?

No, because you love chocoltate ice cream. ;)

(he really does)

Penguin
2/24/2011, 03:06 PM
Was Colt 45 or Olde English 800 on sale?

sooneron
2/24/2011, 03:08 PM
It's not racist. It wasn't the orange flavor.

Shakadoodoo
2/24/2011, 03:16 PM
Was Colt 45 or Olde English 800 on sale?

I see your out of touch with the hood - Colt 45 and Old E went out of style in the early 90's.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 03:20 PM
No, because you love chocoltate ice cream. ;)

(he really does)

I do not discriminate.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 03:22 PM
I still ain't getting the kool aid thing.

When I was in the Army, all the brothers pretty much did the following:

Smoked Kools (or Newports/Salems) and always opened the pack from the bottom so you "didn't put yo nasty hands on my filter."

Drank Grape or Orange soda (not koolaid).

Actually did eat their weight in chicken/chitlins/watermelon/greens on soul food night at the mess hall (and so did I cause that **** is good).

Would never buy a bag of weed - they always wanted to "hold a joint" and pay you on payday.

Constantly asked "yo lemme hold a solid quawtah" when they headed to the soda machine (sodas were .25 in 1974).

Never took more than one pack of smokes to the field - then tried to bum them from me since I smoked Kools. I used to make pretty good $ buying a carton at the PX for $2.70 and then re-selling them in the field for $1 a pack.

Were generally very decent in one-on-one situations, but downtown when the **** hit the fan, they were brothers first, your buddy second.

Anyhow, none of this is "racist" it is merely a personal observation over an extended period of time.

Shakadoodoo
2/24/2011, 03:37 PM

Smoked Kools (or Newports/Salems) and always opened the pack from the bottom so you "didn't put yo nasty hands on my filter."

Actually did eat their weight in chicken/chitlins/watermelon/greens on soul food night at the mess hall (and so did I cause that **** is good).

Would never buy a bag of weed - they always wanted to "hold a joint" and pay you on payday.

Constantly asked "yo lemme hold a solid quawtah" when they headed to the soda machine (sodas were .25 in 1974).

Never took more than one pack of smokes to the field - then tried to bum them from me since I smoked Kools. I used to make pretty good $ buying a carton at the PX for $2.70 and then re-selling them in the field for $1 a pack.

Were generally very decent in one-on-one situations, but downtown when the **** hit the fan, they were brothers first, your buddy second.

Anyhow, none of this is "racist" it is merely a personal observation over an extended period of time.

Pretty good observations.

Was the pay the same for the black and white soldiers then? I heard that it wasn't but I was not there (I wasn't born until 72) but that may explain some of the bumming.

OULenexaman
2/24/2011, 03:43 PM
That's because you stopped smoking weed.:D :D

The Profit
2/24/2011, 03:48 PM

You smoked Kool filter kings?

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 03:53 PM
Pretty good observations.

Was the pay the same for the black and white soldiers then? I heard that it wasn't but I was not there (I wasn't born until 72) but that may explain some of the bumming.

Yes, the pay was the same. Same barracks. Same chow hall. Same showers/toilets/etc. We co-everythinged. I had black platoon sergeants, and also a black 1st sergeant. I had a Mexican 1st sergeant too (Dario DeLeon - dude was a badass - one of my military heros in fact).

I know several of the guys who bummed stuff had kids they were trying to support so I didn't mind them. The ones who were E-3s and drove new Lincolns didn't get **** from me. Basically their entire paycheck went to a car payment. How stupid is that?

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 03:55 PM
You smoked Kool filter kings?

For almost 20 years. I hated to bum a smoke from the other white boys cause they all smoked nasty-assed Marlboros and Winstons. Dry, retched things. At least with a Kool I felt like I was actually smoking something. I could feel it hit my lungs.

NormanPride
2/24/2011, 04:01 PM
I mean, why hit the cancer stick without REALLY getting to feel the cancer stick hitting you back? ;)

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 04:02 PM
I know, right?

Shakadoodoo
2/24/2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, the pay was the same. Same barracks. Same chow hall. Same showers/toilets/etc. We co-everythinged. I had black platoon sergeants, and also a black 1st sergeant. I had a Mexican 1st sergeant too (Dario DeLeon - dude was a badass - one of my military heros in fact).

I know several of the guys who bummed stuff had kids they were trying to support so I didn't mind them. The ones who were E-3s and drove new Lincolns didn't get **** from me. Basically their entire paycheck went to a car payment. How stupid is that?

I can feel that and that is pretty stupid. My uncle had a friend who used to spend all his money on the woman - caught a disease and got banned from the US. Thats a high price to pay for sex!

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 04:09 PM
I can feel that and that is pretty stupid. My uncle had a friend who used to spend all his money on the woman - caught a disease and got banned from the US. Thats a high price to pay for sex!

Indeed. Some of the guys who had the new rides couldn't even afford gas to go downtown. They'd spend their weekends out there waxing their cars and trying to bum a few bucks for gas $$.

I remember more than one new Lincoln (back then the Mark IV was THE ride to have) being towed away by the repo man or the State Troopers. In North Carolina you had to have insurance to get your tags way back then and if you didn't, they'd either tow your vehicle or take your tag off of it. Most of these guys were ~20 years old and couldn't afford the high insurance either.

Shakadoodoo
2/24/2011, 04:18 PM
Indeed. Some of the guys who had the new rides couldn't even afford gas to go downtown. They'd spend their weekends out there waxing their cars and trying to bum a few bucks for gas $$.

I remember more than one new Lincoln (back then the Mark IV was THE ride to have) being towed away by the repo man or the State Troopers. In North Carolina you had to have insurance to get your tags way back then and if you didn't, they'd either tow your vehicle or take your tag off of it. Most of these guys were ~20 years old and couldn't afford the high insurance either.

And that is still a big problem - financial education should be taught in the schools. It bugs the hell out of me when I see one of my wrestling moms/dads pick up their child in a brand new leased car but can not afford to pay entry-fee for their child to go to the wrestling tournament on the weekend. We coaches probably spend more that $200.00 a week paying for kids to wrestle and their parents won't even drive their new cars to come see them.

yermom
2/24/2011, 06:43 PM
) but that may explain some of the bumming.

smokers bum. it's what they do. it's in their DNA.

cigs, a light, $5 whatever.

i don't smoke, but i guess i look like i do...

then they are oblivious that it and they stink, and that i don't really want their butts in my yard.

/rant :D

2121Sooner
2/24/2011, 07:05 PM
Shakadoodoo - Racism threads

Moth - Flame

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 07:08 PM
Shakadoodoo - Racism threads

Moth - Flame

You got a point? Yet?

2121Sooner
2/24/2011, 07:18 PM
Not really.

That is the beauty of posting here.

OUEngr1990
2/24/2011, 07:41 PM
I'm waiting for when we can celebrate white history month :D

Not THAT would be considered racist..

2121Sooner
2/24/2011, 07:43 PM
I want to see "Slave Owners Month"

That would be cool. Just think about it, they invented outsourcing and international trade.

VeeJay
2/24/2011, 08:02 PM
http://y4kstudios.com/media/uploads/2008/02/cotten-balls2.jpg

Walgreens....racist!

The reason they don't sell black cotton balls is because the white ones show up the blood so much better from gunshot wounds. :eek: