PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma's Bob Stoops collects a big raise

JLEW1818
2/23/2011, 08:37 PM
It seems like Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops made his bosses happy by rebounding from an 8-5 season for a Big 12 title and BCS bowl win, followed by eschewing Florida's advances in the offseason.

According to the Tulsa World, they've rewarded him with a big raise.

Stoops' paycheck is now at a plump $4.875 million per year, up from $3.875 million in 2010.

The staff's salaries are now nearly $7 million.

Stoops' raise brings him right up underneath Texas coach Mack Brown's $5.1 million salary for highest in the Big 12. The next-largest in the Big 12 is Gary Pinkel at Missouri, with $2.55 million.

Last year, the only other coaches to make more than Stoops were Nick Saban, Brown, Urban Meyer, Les Miles and Jim Tressel.

Thanks to the raise, that list now includes just Saban ($5.16 million in university compensation, without bonuses) and Brown.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/25996/bob-stoops-collects-a-big-raise

Jacie
2/23/2011, 08:39 PM
In other news, the University of Oklahoma faculty senate is NOT upset with head football coach Bob Stoop's latest raise . . .

JLEW1818
2/23/2011, 08:40 PM
In other news, the University of Oklahoma faculty senate is NOT upset with head football coach Bob Stoop's latest raise . . .

how bout uncle Mack???

5 million.

that was 1 million per every win this season.

money well spent texas

NorCal Sooner
2/23/2011, 08:57 PM

Yes, they know how much money Stoops brings into the University and the positive PR. Tubberville on the other hand........

badger
2/23/2011, 09:27 PM
Unless something has changed, unlike Tech, athletics are still sefl-sufficient and contributing money to academics, so I don't see why the faculty senate would be angry at Stoopster's raise.

MyT Oklahoma
2/23/2011, 09:42 PM
Yes, they know how much money Stoops brings into the University and the positive PR. Tubberville on the other hand........

You are absolutely on point and it doesn't bother me one bit either. LOL

JLEW1818
2/23/2011, 09:49 PM
If only tubby would have waited another week or so.... He would be at Tennessee

btk108
2/23/2011, 10:11 PM
I love it when you say "plump"

Mike Stoops
2/23/2011, 10:45 PM
Tuberville needs to just shut up about 2004. USC would have smoked that Auburn team. The only person that doesn't know it is him.

pappy
2/23/2011, 11:11 PM
Bob got a raise?! ... So what else is new? He gets 1 every year.

Wishboned
2/23/2011, 11:26 PM
He's worth every penny.

gaylordfan1
2/23/2011, 11:39 PM
^ exactly, I'm sure Oklahoma would even approve a state tax to keep Stoops! Well, maybe not, but give the man what he deserves.

goingoneight
2/23/2011, 11:49 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again... if we don't pay Stoops to field a great football team and run a good program, someone else will. And we'll be bargaining with the Todd Dodge's of this world who will accept the job for what some of our resident know-it-alls feel a coach should be paid. It's market value... sure, there's harder jobs out there. But if you love your Sooner football being a winner, gotta pay the price to keep it that way.

itsok
2/23/2011, 11:50 PM
He's worth every penny.

agree 100%

prrriiide
2/24/2011, 01:39 AM

That's because they all know that as goes the football team, so go the academic donations to the university.

Sooner74
2/24/2011, 01:46 AM
Will that 1,000,000 fund enough money for a kicker?

MamaMia
2/24/2011, 01:46 AM
Cool.

pappy
2/24/2011, 09:04 AM
^ exactly, I'm sure Oklahoma would even approve a state tax to keep Stoops! Well, maybe not, but give the man what he deserves.

If Oklahoma ever approved a state tax to keep stoops as the head coach I'd root for OU from a different state.

C&CDean
2/24/2011, 09:12 AM
If Oklahoma ever approved a state tax to keep stoops as the head coach I'd root for OU from a different state.

Well at least the average IQ in Oklahoma would go up.

badger
2/24/2011, 11:08 AM
That's because they all know that as goes the football team, so go the academic donations to the university.

Case in point: Even "Old Science Hall" now has a donor's name attached to it. Even that big open space next to McCasland Field House has a building going up with a few donors' names on it! It's crazy what Boren's been able to milk donors for lately during the Stoops football run.

Soonersince57
2/24/2011, 04:05 PM

Not necessarily true as donations went up substantially during the '90s.

stoopified
2/24/2011, 05:15 PM
Case in point: Even "Old Science Hall" now has a donor's name attached to it. Even that big open space next to McCasland Field House has a building going up with a few donors' names on it! It's crazy what Boren's been able to milk donors for lately during the Stoops football run.

True dat.

Leroy Lizard
2/25/2011, 12:39 AM

That probably has more to do with Boren than Stoops. Boren has always been a nasty fundraiser. I can't think of any real good reason why most of these donors would give money on account of the football team.

pappy
2/25/2011, 08:58 AM
Well at least the average IQ in Oklahoma would go up.

You must have me confused with yourself.

C&CDean
2/25/2011, 10:08 AM
You must have me confused with yourself.

Riiiiiight.