PDA

View Full Version : Terrill Siding Dude

The Profit
2/23/2011, 03:50 PM
Is it me, or does this guy give anyone else the creeps? He has the sign of the fish on his logo, talks about being a solid Christian conservative, and he is selling siding. Something just doesn't seem right.

saucysoonergal
2/23/2011, 03:51 PM
Here are some words to live by, if you see the fish symbol on somebodies ad, hold on tight to your wallet.

2121Sooner
2/23/2011, 03:54 PM
Maybe the fish is a metaphor?

Soonerwake
2/23/2011, 04:36 PM
Here are some words to live by, if you see the fish symbol on somebodies ad, hold on tight to your wallet.

Exactly.

I've always thought that if a guy has to tell you how much of a Christian he is in business, that you could almost bet that something fishy was up (pun intended)..

The Profit
2/23/2011, 04:42 PM
Exactly.

I've always thought that if a guy has to tell you how much of a Christian he is in business, that you could almost bet that something fishy was up (pun intended)..

I like the pun...In this case, I think it is probably appropriate.

saucysoonergal
2/23/2011, 04:44 PM
That guy should spend more on his rug as well.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 04:47 PM
That guy should spend more on his rug as well.

Not a good rug, I agree. I once saw him get hauled off to jail at a middle school baseball game. I felt sorry for his kid.

reflector
2/23/2011, 06:48 PM
I think he had an ad where he would talk to the boys. At the end a girl said "Daddy, I am girl!" That is the only commercial of his that I have ever liked. That was funny. The rest are kind of strange.

soonerscuba
2/23/2011, 07:00 PM
His website touts the savings you can get as a result of the stimulus bill. That rules.

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe the fish is a metaphor?

Like......"Go Fish"!

okie52
2/23/2011, 09:42 PM
Not a good rug, I agree. I once saw him get hauled off to jail at a middle school baseball game. I felt sorry for his kid.

I heard about the middle school game incident from our late mutual friend. I think it had to do with a restraining order.

KC//CRIMSON
2/25/2011, 11:48 AM
Is it me, or does this guy give anyone else the creeps? He has the sign of the fish on his logo, talks about being a solid Christian conservative, and he is selling siding. Something just doesn't seem right.

The next CLIO Award winner.

x5nVussRzGs

The Profit
2/25/2011, 11:54 AM
The next CLIO Award winner.

x5nVussRzGs

Yeah, that smile at the end says it all, "I'm a Christian conservative, and I plan to .... you in the ...

Ike
2/25/2011, 12:06 PM
Exactly.

I always thought this should apply to politics too...

OhU1
2/25/2011, 12:16 PM
Exactly.

Yeah, if you're wearing it on your sleeve I take that as a "trust me, I'm a good guy" manipulation attempt. I've been in other situations where the person was too eager to let me know they were a Christian in a business context.

In general the best people I know who are Christians are not ostentatious about their faith. Although I do not share their belief I respect those who appear to sincerely try to live an ethical life.

Sooner_Bob
2/25/2011, 01:23 PM

That's not true of everyone . . . and you know it.

saucysoonergal
2/25/2011, 01:29 PM
That's not true of everyone . . . and you know it.

No I don't. Just what I have discovered from livin.

Now I have met some mighty fine people without that fish that were very religious and trustworthy.

The Profit
2/25/2011, 01:30 PM
No I don't. Just what I have discovered from livin.

Now I have met some mighty fine people without that fish that were very religious and trustworthy.

That a'girl.

CrimsonKel
2/25/2011, 02:03 PM
He was featured on one of those consumer protection segments on one of the local news channels within the last few years. It wasn't Brad Edward In Your Corner but it was a similar type of deal. He came off as a psycho when they confronted him. As I recall, he closed the garage door while the female reporter was still in the garage and scared her a bit.

soonervegas
2/25/2011, 02:08 PM
He was featured on one of those consumer protection segments on one of the local news channels within the last few years. It wasn't Brad Edward In Your Corner but it was a similar type of deal. He came off as a psycho when they confronted him. As I recall, he closed the garage door while the female reporter was still in the garage and scared her a bit.

That was Amanda Taylor, and although this guy is a creep....I wish he would have pinned her between the closed garage door and the cold concrete.

OULenexaman
2/25/2011, 03:14 PM
from the website....”Extremely satisfied! I would recommend Terrell’s to everyone. They did a great job.”

Mike Gundy, Head Football Coach OSU, Stillwater, Oklahoma

What?? They did some siding work on Gundy's house??:D

The Profit
2/25/2011, 03:17 PM
from the website....”Extremely satisfied! I would recommend Terrell’s to everyone. They did a great job.”

Mike Gundy, Head Football Coach OSU, Stillwater, Oklahoma

What?? They did some siding work on Gundy's house??:D

Now Terrill will claim that the played at OSU. During the 80's, he was claiming that he played at OU.

OUthunder
2/25/2011, 03:26 PM
I've heard thru the grapevine that he's a crook. I can neither confirm or deny those allegations.

I do know that his commercials have been on since the 80's when I was in HS.

Ike
2/25/2011, 03:37 PM
Doing a google search on this guy brings up some rave reviews. It seems that people love him.