PDA

View Full Version : Ranking big 12's best players

boomermagic
2/23/2011, 03:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/25969/ranking-the-big-12s-best-players-no-19

badger
2/23/2011, 04:05 PM
This guy has no legitimacy after the preseason list:

* No. 1: Jerrod Johnson, QB, Texas A&M
* No. 2: Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State
* No. 3: Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma
* No. 4: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
* No. 5: Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
* No. 6: Nate Solder, LT, Colorado
* No. 7: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
* No. 8: DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
* No. 9: Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
* No. 10: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
* No. 11: Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
* No. 12: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
* No. 13: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
* No. 14: Alexander Robinson, RB, Iowa State
* No. 15: Sam Acho, DE, Texas
* No. 16: Roy Helu, Jr., RB, Nebraska
* No. 17: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
* No. 18: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
* No. 19: Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
* No. 20: Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
* No. 21: Tim Barnes, C, Missouri
* No. 22: Brian Duncan, LB, Texas Tech
* No. 23: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
* No. 24: Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas
* No. 25: Blake Gideon, S, Texas

Jerrod was on a lot of preseason mag covers from what I recall in the Texas airport stores, yeah, but boo on him for buying into the hype.

boomermagic
2/23/2011, 04:25 PM
i agree.. Don't shoot the messenger..

badger
2/23/2011, 04:32 PM
:D I might give him some credibility back if he loads his next list with sooners

rekamrettuB
2/23/2011, 04:42 PM
Numero Uno will probably be a Poke.

badger
2/23/2011, 04:59 PM
Numero Uno will probably be a Poke.

Blackmon? I'd be fine with that, seeing how he just won the WR award and all... so long as Broyles is 1.0000000000001 or something (then 1 after Ryan beats Justin's team aaaaaaagain).

Landry needs to be up there, as does Travis. My guess is that Old Man Weeden also gets top 5, maybe top 10.

A&M's Tanny and Baylor's RG3 will probably also high kudos.

Salt City Sooner
2/24/2011, 01:37 AM
This guy has no legitimacy after the preseason list:

Jerrod was on a lot of preseason mag covers from what I recall in the Texas airport stores, yeah, but boo on him for buying into the hype.
Can't agree there. Johnson had an excellent '09 season, & since it was a pre-season list, that's all Ubben had to go off of at that point. He had no way of knowing that JJ's injury was worse than originally thought.

rekamrettuB
2/24/2011, 10:04 AM
Blackmon? I'd be fine with that, seeing how he just won the WR award and all... so long as Broyles is 1.0000000000001 or something (then 1 after Ryan beats Justin's team aaaaaaagain).

Landry needs to be up there, as does Travis. My guess is that Old Man Weeden also gets top 5, maybe top 10.

A&M's Tanny and Baylor's RG3 will probably also high kudos.

Von Miller will probably be top 5.

Blackmon
Jones
Broyles
Von Miller
????

Probably be my top 4. Maybe Prince from Nebbish at 5. Tanny didn't play long enough and Baylor petered out towards the end.

badger
2/24/2011, 10:50 AM
Von Miller will probably be top 5.

Blackmon
Jones
Broyles
Von Miller
????

Probably be my top 4. Maybe Prince from Nebbish at 5. Tanny didn't play long enough and Baylor petered out towards the end.

I am talking about next year, but yeah, whenever he finishes this year's list, I would suspect that Von will be near the top. Prince was totally pwn3d by us in the Big 12 title game though. Wouldn't be surprised to see that shake his draft stock a little.

Mike Stoops
2/24/2011, 03:38 PM
Ubben seems to go out of his way to not put OU at the top of anything. I guess cuz he worked for the Jokelahoman he doesn't want people to think he's biased.

PhiDeltBeers
2/24/2011, 03:55 PM
Didn't Von Miller play in the Senior Bowl. Don't think he's coming back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

fadada1
2/24/2011, 08:31 PM
Didn't Von Miller play in the Senior Bowl. Don't think he's coming back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

and didn't i see another thread with DM at the combine????

sometimes i wonder about my own intelligence... even with 2 degrees. but assuming this is a current article, this dude is RE-TAR-DED!!!