PDA

View Full Version : Somali pirates kill four Americans

AlboSooner
2/22/2011, 11:50 AM
Four Americans taken from their yacht in the Indian Ocean by Somali pirates have been shot dead, the US military has said.

US naval forces on the way to try to rescue the Americans heard gunshots and on arrival found the four hostages had been killed.

Two pirates were killed and 15 detained during the incident, which took place on Monday.

The remains of two other pirates, who had been dead for some time, were found. The US military did not state how those two died. In total the US said 19 pirates were involved in the hijacking of the American's yacht, the Quest.http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/22/four-americans-killed-somali-pirates

:mad:

OrlandoSooner
2/22/2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/22/four-americans-killed-somali-pirates

:mad:
Very sad indeed. I looked at their website over the weekend. They saw much of the world over the last 7-8 years. Quite a shame.

JohnnyMack
2/22/2011, 12:00 PM
This clearly falls under my Limited Sympathy Clause.

Yeah it's sad that you're dead, but when you go yachting off the coast of Somali, you have to understand there's an inherent risk.

Kind of like I wasn't all that shocked to see Steve Irwin go.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/22/2011, 12:04 PM
I didn't want to be "that guy" but thank God JohnyMack took that from me.

I hate blaming the victim, but my God people. DON'T GO TO DANGEROUS PLACES.

2121Sooner
2/22/2011, 12:05 PM

Yeah it's sad that you're dead, but when you go yachting off the coast of Somali, you have to understand there's an inherent risk.

Steve Irwin died as he lived............with animals in his heart

stoops the eternal pimp
2/22/2011, 12:09 PM
Steve Irwin died as he lived............with animals in his heart

cannot ...stop...laughing..

cjames317
2/22/2011, 12:11 PM
Business opportunity for sailing mercs?

AlboSooner
2/22/2011, 12:13 PM
They were in Oman, refueling. The gulf of Aden is too busy with traffic for pirates to be snatching people up like this.

texaspokieokie
2/22/2011, 12:14 PM
those folks weren't hurting anyone. how close to somilia were they??

those pirates are the scum of the earth. if it weren't for all the hostages they already have, their area should be wiped out & all their boats sunk.

SoCaliSooner
2/22/2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.moviepostershop.com/captain-ron-movie-poster-1020282877.jpg

This wouldn't have happened if Captain Ron was there...

Midtowner
2/22/2011, 12:18 PM
I'd rather see Congress issue letters of Marque and Reprisal (which is specifically authorized in the Constitution) than to specifically spend billions protecting foreign vessels on trade routes.

If private individuals want to brave those waters, that's their own dumb choice.

KantoSooner
2/22/2011, 12:27 PM
We now have pirates in custody.
I am unaware of anything having changed in the code of military justice. The penalty for piracy is death.
Why even report to the media, and thus to other Somali pirates, that you are taking action? Question them, if you believe they have information worth your time. After they are done screaming out whatever answers you can extract, put a round into the back of the head and throw them overboard. Simple, clean and final solution for the problem. Hell, if you want to be a budget hawk, skip the bullet. Just chuck 'em overboard 2-300 miles offshore. It might take a few years, but the pirates would finally run out of recruits when the boats stopped coming back.

texaspokieokie
2/22/2011, 12:28 PM
Kanto, good post !!!

cjames317
2/22/2011, 12:56 PM
I'd rather see Congress issue letters of Marque and Reprisal (which is specifically authorized in the Constitution) than to specifically spend billions protecting foreign vessels on trade routes.

If private individuals want to brave those waters, that's their own dumb choice.

Anyone operating under a letter of marque must bring the vessel and its cargo before an admiralty court. I doubt Somali pirates' tubs/cargo are worth that effort.

RRRRRRegards,

Mike Leach

TUSooner
2/22/2011, 01:46 PM

I believe Letters of Marque and Reprisal have been forbidden under international treaty since the 1850's. Too bad. Maybe it's time to rethink.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/22/2011, 01:53 PM
We now have pirates in custody.
I am unaware of anything having changed in the code of military justice. The penalty for piracy is death.
Why even report to the media, and thus to other Somali pirates, that you are taking action? Question them, if you believe they have information worth your time. After they are done screaming out whatever answers you can extract, put a round into the back of the head and throw them overboard. Simple, clean and final solution for the problem. Hell, if you want to be a budget hawk, skip the bullet. Just chuck 'em overboard 2-300 miles offshore. It might take a few years, but the pirates would finally run out of recruits when the boats stopped coming back.

I believe Letters of Marque and Reprisal have been forbidden under international treaty since the 1850's. Too bad. Maybe it's time to rethink.
**** INTERNATIONAL TREATY THIS IS MERICA

Jacie
2/22/2011, 01:58 PM

I don't know exactly where they were when the pirates attacked them but unless "off the coast of Somali" now includes the entire Indian Ocean, I don't believe they anywhere near there. According to the article, they had joined with other yachts to sail across the Indian Ocean for safety reasons. It is kind of hard to sail around the world without going through the IO . . .

Midtowner
2/22/2011, 02:05 PM

Perhaps. If we could issue these and set up international courts to handle piracy issues, then perhaps companies such as Blackwater (or whatever they are called these days) might get involved if the money was right?

MamaMia
2/22/2011, 02:28 PM
From what I understand people have been staying away from the dangerous waters. These people were captured as far away as 70 to 100 miles N.E. of what was previously thought to be pirate territory. The pirates are traveling further out now because people are avoiding the area by their camps.

I say lets send in the navy seals to scope out where the 600 plus hostages are, slit the throats of the pirates, free the hostages and be done with it.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/22/2011, 02:30 PM
From what I understand people have been staying away from the dangerous waters. These people were captured as far away as 70 to 100 miles N.W of what was previously thought to be pirate territory. The pirates are traveling further out now because people are avoiding the area by their camps.

I say lets send in the navy seals to scope out where the 600 plus hostages are, slit the throats of the pirates, free the hostages and be done with it.

thread over

47straight
2/22/2011, 02:35 PM

According to the wikipedia, we never signed those treaties.

Eielson
2/22/2011, 02:37 PM
According to the wikipedia, we never signed those treaties.

It MUST be true!

MamaMia
2/22/2011, 02:39 PM
From what I understand people have been staying away from the dangerous waters. These people were captured as far away as 70 to 100 miles N.E. of what was previously thought to be pirate territory. The pirates are traveling further out now because people are avoiding the area by their camps.

and make 3-D a movie about it. Its the American way. :D

Jammin'
2/22/2011, 02:39 PM
Will the killings of 4, obviously very rich, Americans raise my taxes?

soonercruiser
2/22/2011, 02:45 PM

Got to agree here!
That was a NO BRAINER!
Just the same, wonder why there are some pirates still alive?
(Let me guess..... the pirates alive will say that the two dead ones killed the Americans before they could shoot them, and then plea bargain.)

yermom
2/22/2011, 02:52 PM
i'm thinking i want snipers if i'm in a yacht in the Indian Ocean, but that's me

Midtowner
2/22/2011, 03:14 PM

God why?

I don't want to spend a dime on foreign conflicts we don't need to be involved in. Especially situations where folks are in danger because they don't have the good sense to stay out of an area known for rampant piracy.

Jammin'
2/22/2011, 03:20 PM
God why?

I don't want to spend a dime on foreign conflicts we don't need to be involved in. Especially situations where folks are in danger because they don't have the good sense to stay out of an area known for rampant piracy.

Exactly right. Let them pray to Rambo if they dont' have the sense to steer clear of those places.

MamaMia
2/22/2011, 03:27 PM
God why?

When pirates are kidnapping and murdering innocent American citizens, its no longer a foreign affair. Like I said before. these pirates are moving further out to capture people, and they will continue to move out as far as they need to in order to find innocent people to abduct for ransom until someone puts a stop to it.

Breadburner
2/22/2011, 03:33 PM
You best be packing for your own protection when sailing the 7 seas.....

JohnnyMack
2/22/2011, 03:43 PM
When pirates are kidnapping and murdering innocent American citizens, its no longer a foreign affair. Like I said before. these pirates are moving further out to capture people, and they will continue to move out as far as they need to in order to find innocent people to abduct for ransom until someone puts a stop to it.

We need W and Rumsfeld back so we can invade Somalia and establish it as a base of operations for democratic expansion and a sunny vacation destination. That's what we need to do.

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 03:44 PM
That's probably the most sensible post you've made in your entire ****ing life JM.

OutlandTrophy
2/22/2011, 03:45 PM
slow down Dean, let's not everyone start talking crazy

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 03:47 PM
Well compared to the usual hokey pokey "God is a mirage made up of cotton candy and ammonia" we usually hear from him this is pretty damn cogent.

JohnnyMack
2/22/2011, 03:54 PM
Well I haven't started drinking yet. Give me some time.

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 04:00 PM
Well I haven't started drinking yet. Give me some time.

Heh. I thought about you...for about 2 seconds...Saturday night. We went to Mama's on the Halfshell in Canton for oysters, then to Chiaparilli's for dinner.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/22/2011, 04:03 PM
I thought about you sunday dean, when the lovely wife and myself ate up some tarahumaras...

AlboSooner
2/22/2011, 05:11 PM

yup

The Profit
2/22/2011, 05:17 PM
yup

Ever seen "Black Hawk Down."

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 05:19 PM
I think this should be our next military operation...to go back into Somali and just clean ****ing house, this time!

Screw NATO, Screw the UN...just go in there and take care of business. these thugs need to die a painful death!

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 05:27 PM
God why?

And the pirates captured the yacht outside of their previous pirating territory.

So what say you? Since the pirates decided to venture further from their camps, should we just broaden their territory and stay clear?

If so, lets just give them all of the indian ocean.

Something needs to be done about this, outside of the UN...because we all know what a ****ing joke the UN is when handling foreign issues!

Midtowner
2/22/2011, 05:38 PM
And the pirates captured the yacht outside of their previous pirating territory.

So what say you? Since the pirates decided to venture further from their camps, should we just broaden their territory and stay clear?

Something needs to be done about this, outside of the UN...because we all know what a ****ing joke the UN is when handling foreign issues!

And because four dummies in a yacht got killed, we should spend how many billions of dollars?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how being the world's police in this area is a good use of our resources.

Eielson
2/22/2011, 05:43 PM
I don't want to spend a dime on foreign conflicts we don't need to be involved in.

American citizens were murdered...

JohnnyMack
2/22/2011, 05:48 PM

American citizens who used poor judgment.

What happens when a nice couple on vacation to (insert random country here) wanders down the wrong alley after they have a few drinks at dinner and they get shanked? We should just invade that country too?

Midtowner
2/22/2011, 05:51 PM

So? American citizens were murdered today in Detroit too. Were you advocating spending millions of dollars in bringing their killers to justice as well?

Eielson
2/22/2011, 06:01 PM
So? American citizens were murdered today in Detroit too. Were you advocating spending millions of dollars in bringing their killers to justice as well?

Detroit doesn't have cops?

:confused:

SCOUT
2/22/2011, 06:09 PM
I think the Barbary Pirates would be a better comparison than Detroit.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 06:24 PM
And because four dummies in a yacht got killed, we should spend how many billions of dollars?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how being the world's police in this area is a good use of our resources.

If you fail to see that is actually a major concern, not just for Americans, but for the entire world of commerce, then you are just naive.

Some of the past events from the piracy problem off the horn of Africa:

On 28 May 2007, A Chinese sailor was killed by the pirates because the ship's owners failed to meet their ransom demand.

In November 2008, Somali pirates began hijacking ships well outside the Gulf of Aden, perhaps targeting ships headed for the port of Mombasa, Kenya. The frequency and sophistication of the attacks also increased around this time, as did the size of vessels being targeted. Large cargo ships, oil and chemical tankers on international voyages became the new targets of choice for the Somali hijackers. This is in stark contrast to the pirate attacks which were once frequent in the Strait of Malacca, another strategically important waterway for international trade, which were according to maritime security expert Catherine Zara Raymond, generally directed against "smaller, more vulnerable vessels carrying trade across the Straits or employed in the coastal trade on either side of the Straits."

On 8 April 2009, four Somali pirates seized the Maersk Alabama 240 nautical miles (440 km; 280 mi) southeast of the Somalia port city of Eyl. The ship was carrying 17,000 metric tons of cargo, of which 5,000 metric tons were relief supplies bound for Somalia, Uganda, and Kenya. On 12 April 2009, United States Navy SEAL snipers killed the three pirates that were holding Captain Richard Phillips hostage aboard a lifeboat from the Maersk Alabama after determining that Captain Phillips' life was in immediate danger. A fourth pirate, Abdul Wali Muse, surrendered and was taken into custody. On May 18, a federal grand jury in New York returned a ten-count indictment against him.

On 8 November 2009, Somali pirates threatened that a kidnapped British couple would be "punished" if a German warship did not release seven pirates. Omer, one of the pirates holding the British couple, claims that the seven men are fishermen, but a European Union Naval Force spokesman says that they were captured as they fired AK-47 assault rifles at a French fishing vessel. They were released on 14 November 2010 after 388 days of captivity. At least two ransom payments, reportedly over GBP 500 000, had been made.

This is just a very small piece of the history of the piracy that is going on around Somalia.

Extortion and terrorism at its finest.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 06:26 PM

As far as I know, millions of dollars are being spent to being killers and thugs to justice not only in Detroit, but everywhere else in the United States.

yermom
2/22/2011, 06:29 PM
yet, more people are killed in Detroit than by pirates every year.

i'm sure we'd do a great job ;)

maybe China or India should do something about it.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 06:33 PM

Maybe so, but those killers are not extorting countries or companies for millions of dollars in the process.

We should have cleaned house in Somalia back in the mid 1990s, but we allowed the inept UN to control things. We allowed Pakistan commanders to have command our troops there...yeah, that worked out great!

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 07:04 PM
In reality, this would be a big-assed feather in O'Brother's hat. He could send in a PT boat, kill about a jillion Somalis, and he'd get re-elected in ot' 12. It'd cost less than one of his old lady's trips to NYC, let alone Spain.

MR2-Sooner86
2/22/2011, 07:17 PM
We should blow that country to Hell. Should have been done in '93 but our president then, like now, didn't have a spine.

AlboSooner
2/22/2011, 07:19 PM
Ever seen "Black Hawk Down."

yup. have you?

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 07:21 PM
I was kinda wondering "does dude have a point with the whole BHD thing?"

Veritas
2/22/2011, 07:34 PM
We should blow that country to Hell. Should have been done in '93 but our president then, like now, didn't have a spine.
Yeah, nuke the ****ing place.

MamaMia
2/22/2011, 07:38 PM

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how being the world's police in this area is a good use of our resources. How cold hearted of you. I don't think thats how you would feel if you were one of the dummies, and like people are saying...these folks were way out of what was known to be 'pirate territory' at the time.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 07:41 PM
How cold hearted of you. I don't think thats how you would feel if you were one of the dummies, and like people are saying...these folks were way out of what was known to be 'pirate territory' at the time.

Shhhh.....just let stupid do as stupid does. :D

But seriously...some people like to make up their minds about things before actually learning about the issue.

MamaMia
2/22/2011, 07:50 PM

I'm down for it.

All your pirates are, belong to us. :D

finster
2/22/2011, 08:08 PM
My only hope is in 2012 Africa blows up first, between these losers,the rape culture and Gadhafi's “die as a martyr" noise. Is a little televised levity really that wrong before I die?

49r
2/22/2011, 08:21 PM

Yeah, that's about the only way you're gonna rid that cesspool of its problems. Problem is, if you do that, say HELLOOOOO, WWIII!

Then we'd have to nuke about 1/3 of the rest of the world, too.

hBLrUx3VInE

C3gD1CzWEhc

ZWvspW00uOc

Man, what a schithole.

boomermagic
2/22/2011, 08:43 PM
I'm a peaceful man.. I hate violence.. But, We got the bomb USE IT !!! NUKE EMM !!!

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2011, 08:43 PM
I'm a peaceful man.. I hate violence.. But, We got the bomb USE IT !!! NUKE EMM !!!

Noooooo!!!!

Use the cheaper version....the MOAB, the biggest conventional bomb on the planet!

Scott D
2/22/2011, 10:04 PM

prove it.

you don't know that those "pirates" aren't killing other somalis on land.

Veritas
2/22/2011, 10:36 PM
Then we'd have to nuke about 1/3 of the rest of the world, too.
I'm good with that. ;)

Jammin'
2/22/2011, 10:45 PM
If you fail to see that is actually a major concern, not just for Americans, but for the entire world of commerce, then you are just naive.

Some of the past events from the piracy problem off the horn of Africa:

This is just a very small piece of the history of the piracy that is going on around Somalia.

Extortion and terrorism at its finest.

What I read in your wall of word post was a bunch of enormously rich, international companies and a few extremely rich individuals are too cheap to hire private security, even though they understand the risk of the general area and that YOU want ME to pay to go to war over it. Is that right?

I assume you're republican since you want to take money to give to the rich? Or will you now try to argue that you care because theyre killing somalians too?

ouwasp
2/22/2011, 10:46 PM
Haven't read any of the comments, yet. Perhaps later.

Right now my gut response would be to carpet bomb the Somali Sh!thole-havens of the "pirates".

Then maybe drop landmines disguised as Red Cross packages to the survivors...

I know, I know. Terribly evil, can't stoop to their pig-**** level, love your enemies, etc.

But it sure did feel good to imagine dishing that out to those skinnies. :)

MR2-Sooner86
2/22/2011, 10:51 PM
For people saying they were "too close" I think is rather stupid. They are actually going out rather far.

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/somalia-600x424.png

I say drop a bomb on the country and fry it to Hell.

NSFW (http://www.pdngallery.com/20years/photojournalism/images/22_paul_watson.jpg)

That already p*sses me off enough and now this. Kill every last one of them sons of bitches in that sh*t-hole.

King Barry's Back
2/22/2011, 10:59 PM

I was predicting for years that Steve Irwin would be killed by an animal. He didn't respect the inherent dangers of wild animals and their instinctive behaviors.

Yes, I understand that he spent his life around animals and felt very comfortable with them, but that doesn't mean you should take needless and senseless risks, either. For example, when Bindie was a new born, I saw him take here into a crocodile pen. WTF? Yes, Steve, I know that you spent literally years in the company of crocs, and I know that you wanted your daughter to feel the same love of animals that you do, but for crying out loud, why put a baby in a croc pen?

Yachting off of Somalia -- especially in private boat with friends -- just beggars the imagination.

MamaMia
2/23/2011, 12:29 AM
What part of 'these people were not in the area known to be dangerous' do you people who are blaming the victims not understand? Plus...why the hell should these kidnappers and murderers be allowed to claim any part of that ocean? They are going to continue to commit these brutal acts until they're stopped, and they have just given the world proof that they will venture out as far as they have to in order to do so.

Mongo
2/23/2011, 12:44 AM
I guess we can call that cop that was gunned down an idiot and hold no sympathy for him. I mean he should have totally known that being a cop involved that risk.

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 12:58 AM
What I read in your wall of word post was a bunch of enormously rich, international companies and a few extremely rich individuals are too cheap to hire private security, even though they understand the risk of the general area and that YOU want ME to pay to go to war over it. Is that right?

I assume you're republican since you want to take money to give to the rich? Or will you now try to argue that you care because theyre killing somalians too?

Demoncrats would never help such destitute people, as in Somalia, unless they were voters that they could enslave in order to to gain more power!
The UN is no better! So, I guess it's hopeless then. :(

GKeeper316
2/23/2011, 01:56 AM

at the height of its power, rome would go to war and ****ing destroy any country in which a roman citizen was harmed. maybe we should adopt that sort of mentality...

now i dont have a whole lot of sympathy for 4 rich folks riding around in a yacht with no security. if they were that rich, they should have hired some private guns, but we cannot allow the seas to become the domain of pirates. people should be able to sail wherever they want free from the threat of violence.

GKeeper316
2/23/2011, 01:57 AM
Demoncrats would never help such destitute people, as in Somalia, unless they were voters that they could enslave in order to to gain more power!
The UN is no better! So, I guess it's hopeless then. :(

thats not true and you know it.

GKeeper316
2/23/2011, 01:59 AM
wait wait wait i have an idea... lets all pool our cash, buy a yacht and some firepower, and go sail around off the coast of somalia killing anything that tries to board us without permission... come on it'll be fun :)

proud gonzo
2/23/2011, 02:35 AM

I understand your argument, but people should be aware of the threats of different locations and prepare for those. You accept the danger by going there.

What threats are in the Indian Ocean? Sharks and Somali ****ing pirates.

It's not like there aren't a few oceans to choose from. When the options are:
1. Small chance of murderous pirates, or
2. No pirates at all,

unless Jack Sparrow is an option, I choose stay the hell away from pirates. Not that difficult.

MamaMia
2/23/2011, 03:03 AM

I assume you're republican since you want to take money to give to the rich? Or will you now try to argue that you care because theyre killing somalians too? Define "general area"

Very few shipping companies can afford to pay for private security due to the global recession. Its hit industry very hard. The piracy threat has already pushed the price of insurance through the roof. That in turn affects all of us. Right now it costs roughly 45 to 50 grand per round trip for private security to get through those waters. After this incident, the price of insurance and private security will surely sky rocket once again.

I would also like to say that its certainly not fair to base the protection of our American citizens, whether corporate or private on their monetary status. Obamas democrats didn't have a problem taxing Americans millions of dollars to provide safe passage for Tallahassee turtles, but to hell with innocent Americans on a sailboat full of bibles.

GKeeper316
2/23/2011, 03:23 AM
Obamas democrats didn't have a problem taxing Americans millions of dollars to provide safe passage for Tallahassee turtles, but to hell with innocent Americans on a sailboat full of bibles.

a turtle isn't capable of making an informed decision as to whether or not it should cross a road... it doesn't know what a car is, or why a highway is there.

animals acting instictively need to be protected. we ****ed up their habitat.

MamaMia
2/23/2011, 03:29 AM
a turtle isn't capable of making an informed decision as to whether or not it should cross a road... it doesn't know what a car is, or why a highway is there.

animals acting instictively need to be protected. we ****ed up their habitat.
These people didn't know the pirates were there either. They were not traveling in a known piracy danger zone.

GKeeper316
2/23/2011, 03:39 AM
These people didn't know the pirates were there either. They were not traveling in a known piracy danger zone.

they do, however, understand the inherent risk involved in sea travel.

just because pirates have yet to operate in a specific area doesn't mean that pirates won't ever operate in said area.

yermom
2/23/2011, 03:41 AM
prove it.

you don't know that those "pirates" aren't killing other somalis on land.

i meant in the water

and i knew you'd be in here eventually :D

MamaMia
2/23/2011, 04:56 AM

just because pirates have yet to operate in a specific area doesn't mean that pirates won't ever operate in said area.Which is why we need to take them out.

Harry Beanbag
2/23/2011, 06:42 AM
I understand your argument, but people should be aware of the threats of different locations and prepare for those. You accept the danger by going there.

2. No pirates at all,

unless Jack Sparrow is an option, I choose stay the hell away from pirates. Not that difficult.

Have you ever looked at a map? It's pretty difficult to circumnavigate the globe without going through the IO. I'm pretty sure that has already been said in this thread though.

Midtowner
2/23/2011, 07:53 AM
How cold hearted of you. I don't think thats how you would feel if you were one of the dummies, and like people are saying...these folks were way out of what was known to be 'pirate territory' at the time.

My last thought might have been "Darwin."

If these guys are extorting private companies, let those private companies, or even the countries of those individuals foot the bill.

The Roman argument is not persuasive. We're talking about a country which had slavery, collapsed from the inside, and was eventually invaded and destroyed. Not a great example.

stoopified
2/23/2011, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=Breadburner;3152344]You best be packing for your own protection when sailing the 7 seas.....[/Q Just me but if I hadt he money involved in this trip I would invest a little more and have at least a couple of M-16 toting crewmen.

JohnnyMack
2/23/2011, 10:27 AM
What part of 'these people were not in the area known to be dangerous' do you people who are blaming the victims not understand? Plus...why the hell should these kidnappers and murderers be allowed to claim any part of that ocean? They are going to continue to commit these brutal acts until they're stopped, and they have just given the world proof that they will venture out as far as they have to in order to do so.

In theory I SHOULD be able to walk down any street in Baltimore after midnight and be safe. But I'm not dumb enough to try that. Why? Because I understand there are inherent risks in doing so and I avoid those kind of situations.

Should something be done about piracy? Yes.

Should it involve a billion dollar United States military operation? No.

proud gonzo
2/23/2011, 12:34 PM
Have you ever looked at a map? It's pretty difficult to circumnavigate the globe without going through the IO. I'm pretty sure that has already been said in this thread though.Yeah, but how many reasons are there to NEED to circumnavigate the globe via water? There are these things called "airplanes."

So they decide to take a boat through that area, not by necessity but because by choice? Well, I think walking is more fun than taking cabs, but if my route has to take me through the ghetto, i'm either going to take a cab or a big gun.

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, but how many reasons are there to NEED to circumnavigate the globe via water? There are these things called "airplanes."

So they decide to take a boat through that area, not by necessity but because by choice? Well, I think walking is more fun than taking cabs, but if my route has to take me through the ghetto, i'm either going to take a cab or a big gun.

RACIST

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 12:51 PM
Apparently the well-to-do couple had a zeal for giving out Bibles in parts of the world which had none. This explains their travels to dangerous places of the Earth. They are well taken care of now, and my sadness is turned to joy.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-02-22-pirates-hostages_N.htm?csp=hf

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 12:59 PM
Apparently the well-to-do couple had a zeal for giving out Bibles in parts of the world which had none. This explains their travels to dangerous places of the Earth. They are well taken care of now, and my sadness it turned to joy.

Good point! :D

DIB
2/23/2011, 01:00 PM
America can no longer afford to be the worlds police force. You can call me an isolationist, but America needs to get out of foreign conflicts and fix the cluster**** at home. We need to be reducing our presence in foreign conflicts and reduce aid to foreign powers, not increase it. We are broke. Someone with some balls needs to tell to rest of the world to **** off, we have our own **** to deal with.

Jammin'
2/23/2011, 01:05 PM
Apparently the well-to-do couple had a zeal for giving out Bibles in parts of the world which had none. This explains their travels to dangerous places of the Earth. They are well taken care of now, and my sadness it turned to joy.

Reading that made me sad for them. It also confirmed they knew they shouldn't have been where they were and that it was public knowledge it was an extremely dangerous area of the world. Seems nobody knew why the hell they would have gone there.

also, I agree with DIB isolationist theory, to an extent.

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 01:15 PM
Reading that made me sad for them. It also confirmed they knew they shouldn't have been where they were and that it was public knowledge it was an extremely dangerous area of the world. Seems nobody knew why the hell they would have gone there.

also, I agree with DIB isolationist theory, to an extent.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

They were exactly where they needed to be, fueling in Oman, and trying to spread the Word.

Luke 17:33
Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

Unlike the religious Westerner, the Christian is not afraid to lose his life.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 01:23 PM
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

They were exactly where they needed to be, fueling in Oman, and trying to spread the Word.

Luke 17:33
Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

Unlike the religious Westerner, the Christian is not afraid to lose his life.

Why didn't they just mail a truckload of bibles there, along with some food stuffs.

OrlandoSooner
2/23/2011, 01:34 PM
Why didn't they just mail a truckload of bibles there, along with some food stuffs.

Because they wanted to exercise their own free will and live how they saw fit instead of asking for the Profit's opinion on what they should do?

bonkuba
2/23/2011, 01:38 PM
I know this will never happen because us Americans no longer have the stones......but....

What if instead of detaining these idiot wannabe pirates we just off each of them and throw them overboard.

Seems to me that from that point forward anytime they see a vessel with the greatest flag in the world on it they they would say to themselves "**** that....not even approaching that boat...they will shoot your ***".

Anyway...simple approach that will fix the problem but again we dont have the stones to do it....too much bleeding hearts instead of gaping bleeding heads of the pirates.

Anyway...just my opinion :D

Jammin'
2/23/2011, 02:20 PM
Because they wanted to exercise their own free will and live how they saw fit instead of asking for the Profit's opinion on what they should do?

How'd that work out for Jean, Scott, Phyllis and Bob?

The Profit
2/23/2011, 02:36 PM

If they would have asked my opinion, they would still be practicing "free will."

Scott D
2/23/2011, 02:37 PM
i meant in the water

and i knew you'd be in here eventually :D

I can't imagine why I would end up in this thread.....it couldn't be people taking pot shots at where I live...naaaah.

OrlandoSooner
2/23/2011, 03:56 PM
If they would have asked my opinion, they would still be practicing "free will."

I'm guessing that they didn't want your opinion. They appeared to have a higher calling than following the advice of "The Profit".

I think that they are probably doing OK right now.

Mt 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 04:32 PM
Mt 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

In Christ, Death is dead.

They are walking with the embodiment of free will.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 04:45 PM

How do you know?

pphilfran
2/23/2011, 04:56 PM

They probably would rather be walking on solid ground...

Jammin'
2/23/2011, 05:33 PM
They probably would rather be walking on solid ground...

"We were so unhappy being 'dirt dwellers' during our time in the states," the couple wrote on their website.

So maybe not "solid" ground, but I understand your point.

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 07:34 PM

You know what they say about assuming.

It makes and *** out of you and me! ;)

No, I am actually a registered democrat. Though, I am actually far more in the middle of the road. I like to make up my own mind.

Now, why should companies and rich individuals have to front their own money to try to fend off terrorism or piracy, when piracy is agaisnt world law?

Why can't the world governments get together and take care of the problem? What is actually wrong with doing something about it instead of allowing it to continue?

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 07:35 PM

2. No pirates at all,

Last time I checked, you cannot actually sail around the world without sailing through the Indian Ocean.

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 07:39 PM

just because pirates have yet to operate in a specific area doesn't mean that pirates won't ever operate in said area.

So we should just concede the oceans and seas to the pirates?

Why don't we just have the big corporations pay the pirates to move products through any and all areas of all and any ocean and sea?

Sounds like something we should do!:rolleyes:

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 08:07 PM
How do you know?

How don't you know?

They probably would rather be walking on solid ground

No Christian would choose this world over walking with God. Now, the religious materialist, maybe he'd prefer this world to an eternity with God. Saint Augustine said there is no pleasure worth not seeing God.

delhalew
2/23/2011, 08:40 PM
I heard rumor the international community places a lot of restrictions on how the pirates can be handled, such as not firing on the motherships and such.

I want to know when we got to the point were you could fire on US vessels without a strong point being made.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 08:44 PM
I heard rumor the international community places a lot of restrictions on how the pirates can be handled, such as not firing on the motherships and such.

I want to know when we got to the point were you could fire on US vessels without a strong point being made.

It was a rumor perhaps, but it was wrong. When US vessels are fired on, they retaliate.

delhalew
2/23/2011, 08:54 PM
It was a rumor perhaps, but it was wrong. When US vessels are fired on, they retaliate.

You're missing the point. Someone else can tell you why.

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 09:00 PM

No, I am actually a registered democrat. Though, I am actually far more in the middle of the road. I like to make up my own mind.

Now, why should companies and rich individuals have to front their own money to try to fend off terrorism or piracy, when piracy is agaisnt world law?

Why can't the world governments get together and take care of the problem? What is actually wrong with doing something about it instead of allowing it to continue?

Is there any chance that some countries in the world view piracy of rich nations as justifiable?
(Or, at least are not offended when "western nation" ships are held hostage?)
:rolleyes:

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 09:04 PM
Is there any chance that some countries in the world view piracy of rich nations as justifiable?
(Or, at least are not offended when "western nation" ships are held hostage?)
:rolleyes:

Is that possible? Yes...it is always possible.

However, when piracy is affecting how much I pay for something, that in returns affects what Joe Blow pays for it that lives, whereever.

Some of the ships that they captured have been relief for Somalia and other poor nations.

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 09:06 PM
BTW cruiser...I dont recall saying western countries only...I said World countries...China has been affected by this too....so has Kenya and other third world countries.

Harry Beanbag
2/23/2011, 09:49 PM
Some of you people are incredibly naive, judgmental, and ignorant. That is in addition to being giant pussies. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out who's who.

Here's a hint though: People sailing in international waters are not the problem, it's the ****ing pirates fercryinoutloud. Pirates should be shot on sight, but if captured, they deserve to speedily die a traitor's death. There is no other correct answer to this issue.

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 09:57 PM
There seems to be disagreement on how to deal with these issue even within the same political party. Some conservatives are ready to pull all troops out and worry about the homeland, while some want the US to deal with pirates. I really don't know what the right answer is. Either way, somebody is going to complain.

It is interesting that the US navy markets itself as GLOBAL force for good.
TiQODFm3IFg

We need to decide whether we are going to get involved or not get involved. One day I hear on Bill O'Reilly that Obama should not intervene in other countries and should save money, then today I hear on Bill O'Reilly that the US should send troops in Lybia to catch Gadaffi and try him for war crimes.

We can't have our cake and eat it too.

Harry Beanbag
2/23/2011, 10:04 PM
There seems to be disagreement on how to deal with these issue even within the same political party. Some conservatives are ready to pull all troops out and worry about the homeland, while some want the US to deal with pirates. I really don't know what the right answer is. Either way, somebody is going to complain.

It is interesting that the US navy markets itself as GLOBAL force for good.
TiQODFm3IFg

We need to decide whether we are going to get involved or not get involved. One day I hear on Bill O'Reilly that Obama should not intervene in other countries and should save money, then today I hear on Bill O'Reilly that the US should send troops in Lybia to catch Gadaffi and try him for war crimes.

We can't have out cake and eat it.

Pirates in international waters is a threat to the United States. The mission statement of the United States Navy is: "...to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas."

Sending troops to every sandbox ****hole of a country is not the same thing.

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 10:19 PM
Pirates in international waters is a threat to the United States. The mission statement of the United States Navy is: "...to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas."

Sending troops to every sandbox ****hole of a country is not the same thing.

I am not disagreeing with what you are saying. However, our nation is conflict wary, people are wanting budget cuts, you need to establish legality for any conflict, and you need to dispatch highly trained people. The expense would be a factor.

Also, it makes no sense to kill a few pirates a month, when there is a factory inland. So yeah, you have to imagine the foxhole scenario as well. We are already streched thiiiiinn in every direction: troops, money, political capital, patience, nerves for another conflict.

It's easy to say do this do that, without being inside the storm, without weighing every factor, because we are dealing with American lives here.

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 10:27 PM
I am not disagreeing with what you are saying. However, our nation is conflict wary, people are wanting budget cuts, you need to establish legality for any conflict, and you need to dispatch highly trained people. The expense would be a factor.

Also, it makes no sense to kill a few pirates a month, when there is a factory inland. So yeah, you have to imagine the foxhole scenario as well. We are already streched thiiiiinn in every direction: troops, money, political capital, patience, nerves for another conflict.

It's easy to say do this do that, without being inside the storm, without weighing every factor, because we are dealing with American lives here.

I think if anyone in the open seas that kill american should be dealt with.

However, I think the piracy issue is much more worriesome to commerce than what the hell is going on in Lybia!

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 10:32 PM
I think if anyone in the open seas that kill american should be dealt with.

However, I think the piracy issue is much more worriesome to commerce than what the hell is going on in Lybia!

Sure they should be dealt with. The point is, everybody has different ideas on how to deal with them. People want taxes lowered, the deficit cut, and to spend billions on the waters of Somalia?

The pirate area is vast, and you'd have to dispatch a few warships, which cost millions of dollars to run per week. So you kill a few pirates, and spend let's $50 billion. Then you leave, and the factory inland just waits for us to leave, and then resumes to pop out cheap pirates.

If this was an easy issue to deal with, then it would have been dealt with as there are many world powers affected by this.

I am not taking a stance pro or against, but merely pointing out how difficult it is to do something about it.

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2011, 10:45 PM
Sure they should be dealt with. The point is, everybody has different ideas on how to deal with them. People want taxes lowered, the deficit cut, and to spend billions on the waters of Somalia?

The pirate area is vast, and you'd have to dispatch a few warships, which cost millions of dollars to run per week. So you kill a few pirates, and spend let's $50 billion. Then you leave, and the factory inland just waits for us to leave, and then resumes to pop out cheap pirates.

If this was an easy issue to deal with, then it would have been dealt with as there are many world powers affected by this.

I am not taking a stance pro or against, but merely pointing out how difficult it is to do something about it.

You can pencil me in with the group of people that think isolation is key....but I also think we need to have presence of mind as a nation to know when to flex our muscles and when not too.

In the piracy thing, I think we need to at least shore up the waterways, be it in Somalia's territorial waters or not...we need to send a battle group and let these lil thugs know we mean business....Screw arresting them...sink their boats and let them swim back to shore...if they make it, good for them...if not...oh well!

Either way, I bet they will stop doing this pretty quickly!

AlboSooner
2/23/2011, 10:50 PM
There is not going to be an end to piracy as long as Somalia has a GPD per captia of $600, national GDP of $6 billion and literacy rate of 24%. They may quit for a few months then it's going to start again. You raised good points.

SCOUT
2/23/2011, 10:53 PM
We should park our aircraft carriers in the Gulf of Aden in order to prep for Libya. Two birds

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 11:02 PM
We should park our aircraft carriers in the Gulf of Aden in order to prep for Libya. Two birds

Well, at least this time it isn't "two birds in the Boooosh".

delhalew
2/24/2011, 12:07 AM
Our Navy has the ability to squash this. If we start blowing the stolen motherships out of the water, the pirates lose the ability to terrorize such a large area. All the sudden it's easier to kill the rat ****ers. Will some feelers get hurt, prolly. That would be good timing for an American President with some hair on his balls to make one of those statements that makes the whole world sit down and shut up.

That is what dopey was missing earlier. Returning fire when fired upon is not good enough. Decisive action that makes ****ing with Americans a less rosey proposition is what were ****ing talking about. Piracy is a crime that threatens the whole world. Our Marines were first called to service for that very reason. It is not world police, and not a Global Force for Good. **** that. It is taking care of American Business.

SCOUT
2/24/2011, 12:16 AM
As the President of the United States, I have made the Executive decision to use our military might to allow for the free trade of the rest of the world. I regret having to take military action against any entity, but the circumstances that exist today require me to do so.

The negative impact of my directive will involve only those who have chosen to engage in piracy. Little more can be said. Those who have chosen to terrorize the rest of the world will soon see the error of their ways.

I have authorized the dispatching of 1 carrier fleet to the Gulf of Aden. I have also authorized several counter-terrorist teams to involve themselves in Mogadishu.

I expect the acts of piracy to cease within the next 90 days. If they do not, I will re-evaluate the US involvement in this troubling area.

Sincerely,
A Good President

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2011, 02:43 AM
That's probably the most sensible post you've made in your entire ****ing life JM.His post #3 was pretty sensible. I even specked him for making sense.

SoonerKnight
2/24/2011, 04:51 AM
God why?

The United States Navy's main mission is to ensure free shipping lanes around the world. Kinda in our national interests. I say we load up some yachts with SEAL's when they take the bait we kill them and then we invade their camps and kill them.

MR2-Sooner86
2/24/2011, 06:43 AM
From what I understand a thermonuclear warhead cost around $14,000,000. Sure, the country will still be a sh*t hole but there will be no more pirates.

As stated earlier, I've been for glassing this place since '93.

Harry Beanbag
2/24/2011, 06:58 AM
There is not going to be an end to piracy as long as Somalia has a GPD per captia of $600, national GDP of $6 billion and literacy rate of 24%.

By that failed logic, piracy should be rampant all around the perimeter of the African continent.

bonkuba
2/24/2011, 07:50 AM
By that failed logic, piracy should be rampant all around the perimeter of the African continent.

It isn't ?? :D

SoonerKnight
2/24/2011, 08:18 AM
Those pirates that have been capture are really young. 13,14,15 etc. These particular youth are stupid. The even shot a RPG at a U.S. Naval ship. All I can say is wow!! They gonna die!! And the Navy will take a harder stance but looks like they maybe needed in Libya to embargo that country and enforce whatever the UN comes up with. Man the Navy is busy!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/24/2011, 10:04 AM
We have like 16 prisoners. Captain's mast, finding of guilty and a bullet to the head for each. Done, end of story.

Jacie
2/24/2011, 10:04 AM

The logic is not failed. In addition to piracy, it manifests in different ways. In some parts of Africa, poaching endangered, protected animals is rampant. Over in the western part of the continent, there have been some very violent civil wars or maybe just general mayhem involving armies made up of teen and pre-teenage boys armed with automatic weapons and such. Ruwanda experienced a war where one ethnic group saw two million people killed in about a week and this was done mainly by being hacked to death with machetes. Think about the logistics of that! The population of the continent of Africa has the highest rate of HIV infection in the world. I'd say the literacy rate and per capita income contribute to all of these. It just happens that in Somalia, piracy as well as the existence of some well-armed war lords are how it shows up there.

Jammin'
2/24/2011, 10:15 AM

I'm all for everyone working together to put a stop to it. Just not for a US only/majority in the deal. And I believe fully that bazillion dollar companies can afford to hire additional security for their employers to help ensure their safety and that of their cargo.

While the world is working together to rid the place of bad guys, can they spend some time in North Tulsa? TIA.

Harry Beanbag
2/24/2011, 10:54 AM
The logic is not failed. In addition to piracy, it manifests in different ways. In some parts of Africa, poaching endangered, protected animals is rampant. Over in the western part of the continent, there have been some very violent civil wars or maybe just general mayhem involving armies made up of teen and pre-teenage boys armed with automatic weapons and such. Ruwanda experienced a war where one ethnic group saw two million people killed in about a week and this was done mainly by being hacked to death with machetes. Think about the logistics of that! The population of the continent of Africa has the highest rate of HIV infection in the world. I'd say the literacy rate and per capita income contribute to all of these. It just happens that in Somalia, piracy as well as the existence of some well-armed war lords are how it shows up there.

I'm well aware of all of these newsflashes. 97.4% of Africa has been a complete and utter disaster since the beginning of time. We can't control the chopping people to pieces and butt****ing of chimpanzees and each other in every craphole failure of a country. But when it spills over and affects international shipping lanes it most certainly is our problem and always has been. Not to mention the murdering of American citizens.

VeeJay
2/24/2011, 07:41 PM
That would be good timing for an American President with some hair on his balls to make one of those statements that makes the whole world sit down and shut up.

While having no interest in whether or not the commander-in-chief's testicles have follicular activity, my guess is that they are as smooth as a bowl of silk pudding.

SoCaliSooner
2/24/2011, 07:53 PM
For people saying they were "too close" I think is rather stupid. They are actually going out rather far.

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/somalia-600x424.png

They were out over 250 miles from shore when attacked by the pirates. The somalian pirates have amassed large land armies and are currently stocking up on supplies and ammo to take to the vessels they've already hijacked. They also know that the U.S. won't act on them except in periodic bursts on the open seas.

I highly doubt obama would drop a nuke on somalia, considering its proximity to kenya...

AlboSooner
2/24/2011, 09:58 PM
This makes sense to me:

The American military's solution has been to advise ships to hire private security. But many in the shipping industry have been reluctant, fearing armed guards will prompt increased violence from pirates.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27789400/ns/world_news-africa/

Looks like the so-called "failed" logic of on-shore strong government, improvement of conditions, has worked in the past:

The successful campaign against the pirates who caused mayhem in the Malacca Strait a decade ago suggests that the answer lies onshore rather than offshore. Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore agreed to bury their differences and work together—patrolling, arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning pirates. At the same time as the risks for the pirates increased, conditions on shore improved. The post-tsunami peace settlement between the Indonesian government and rebels in Aceh, where most of the pirates came from, paved the way for investment, economic development and a better way of life.
http://www.economist.com/node/18070160

I believe in a private solution to this problem: hiring of protective services. Unlike military intervention, the cost would be deferred to the shipping companies, and these private guys, or mercenaries would apply force in a gray area of legality, where a formal military would be bound by international laws and thus be more passive than the private guys. I think a company like Blackwater would do a good job.

MR2-Sooner86
2/24/2011, 10:34 PM
This looks like a job for...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9541/1261792-0_super.jpg

OU_Sooners75
2/24/2011, 10:35 PM
I'm all for everyone working together to put a stop to it. Just not for a US only/majority in the deal. And I believe fully that bazillion dollar companies can afford to hire additional security for their employers to help ensure their safety and that of their cargo.

While the world is working together to rid the place of bad guys, can they spend some time in North Tulsa? TIA.

Sure, the megacorps could afford it...but when the pirates or thwarted from capturing the big business cargo ships, then they will just turn to the private individuals or the smaller business ships.

The latter cannot afford to have that added security. I do not know the amount of money it would cost to have a group of mercs on your yacht or small ship, but I assume it is a lofty price tag.

And even if they are able to afford it, be it big business or not, the added cost will only add to the cost of products shipped through the troubled areas.

While, I really do like the idea of having the companies pay for their own security. I do not like the idea of having to pay the extra price, when we can solve, or curb, the problem in the Gulf of Aden, and beyond, by using some military might.

IMHO, the way to curb the problem, though it may never actually cease, is to patrol the area with a larger naval force. take out the mother ships and then take out the camps.

Even in doing that, it may ony shrink their area of operation, but it would at least free up the waterways, that are now under attack by pirates.

soonercruiser
2/24/2011, 11:01 PM
This looks like a job for...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9541/1261792-0_super.jpg

I'm in too!

49r
2/25/2011, 04:36 PM
This thread's got everything in it.

Politics!
Religion!!!

Sailing...

Jammin'
2/25/2011, 04:49 PM
Sure, the megacorps could afford it...but when the pirates or thwarted from capturing the big business cargo ships, then they will just turn to the private individuals or the smaller business ships.

The latter cannot afford to have that added security. I do not know the amount of money it would cost to have a group of mercs on your yacht or small ship, but I assume it is a lofty price tag.

And even if they are able to afford it, be it big business or not, the added cost will only add to the cost of products shipped through the troubled areas.

While, I really do like the idea of having the companies pay for their own security. I do not like the idea of having to pay the extra price, when we can solve, or curb, the problem in the Gulf of Aden, and beyond, by using some military might.

IMHO, the way to curb the problem, though it may never actually cease, is to patrol the area with a larger naval force. take out the mother ships and then take out the camps.

Even in doing that, it may ony shrink their area of operation, but it would at least free up the waterways, that are now under attack by pirates.

Works for me. Now can we do the same for North Tulsa? I can hardly eat BBQ up there anymore without a fight breaking out. I can't imagine what's it's like for you people.

Breadburner
2/25/2011, 04:51 PM
If you can afford a boat to sail around the world then you can afford a .50 cal......!!!

The Profit
2/25/2011, 05:03 PM
If you can afford a boat to sail around the world then you can afford a .50 cal......!!!

Can't argue with that point.

SoCaliSooner
2/25/2011, 05:07 PM
How are you going to buy one here in the USA?

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 05:08 PM
How are you going to buy one here in the USA?Buy it from the messicans on the boarder...

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 05:12 PM
Sailing...

j9NkBxxHxAc

JohnnyMack
2/25/2011, 05:17 PM
How are you going to buy one here in the USA?

Go to a gun show with LAS?

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 05:17 PM
Frankenstien is in Christopher Cross's Band?

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 05:20 PM
Buy it from the messicans on the boarder...

Does that require you to wear a Che' T-shirt and wear dark glasses? Do they take Visa/Mastercard/Dicovery or AMEX?

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 05:21 PM
Does that require you to wear a Che' Tshirt and wear dark glasses? Do they take Visa/Mastercard/Dicovery or AMEX?They already have your Visa/Mastercard/Dicovery or AMEX.:D

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 05:25 PM
They already have your Visa/Mastercard/Dicovery or AMEX.:D

I just checked my account. I have 50 of them waiting in Juarez with 100,000 rounds. Would you go pick them up for me? :D

LMAO

Dear CIA and FBI I am just kidding....they are KC's

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 05:30 PM
I just checked my account. I have 50 of them waiting in Juarez with 100,000 rounds. Would you go pick them up for me? :DLAS called and said they were going to deliver them across the boarder and up into La Jolla. I'm supposed to meet him there at the local gun show.:D

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2011, 05:59 PM
Works for me. Now can we do the same for North Tulsa? I can hardly eat BBQ up there anymore without a fight breaking out. I can't imagine what's it's like for you people.

Just take a bat...beat both parties senseless and enjoy your BBQ. :D

StoopTroup
2/25/2011, 06:50 PM
Yall come see me and I'll set up a no hold bar baseball bat competition up there for you. You'll have to sign a disclosure/liability form for me though.

Tickets are $25.00 each, No Children and BBQ prices are double until Jammin is reigned Champion.

cccasooner2
3/1/2011, 02:14 PM
Going after some Dutch treats perhaps?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110301/ap_on_re_eu/piracy