PDA

View Full Version : I guess the Queen didn't like his speeches

AlbqSooner
2/21/2011, 09:18 PM
Seems that the guest list for the upcoming Royal wedding in England does not include Brack and Michelle. Guess the Queen did not like his gift of an iPod full of his speeches.:D
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world-europe/20110222/news.royalweddinginvite/

AlboSooner
2/21/2011, 09:31 PM
It is only embarrassing when the greater doesn't invite the lesser, and not the other way around. Holding the most powerful position in the history of mankind, far outweighs holding a ceremonial, and symbolic position.

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2011, 09:32 PM
It is only embarrassing when the greater doesn't invite the lesser, and not the other way around. Holding the most powerful position in the history of mankind, far outweighs holding a ceremonial, and symbolic position.

She dissed the head of China too?

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe Barry could re-"Kindle" that relationship?
:rolleyes:

SoCaliSooner
2/21/2011, 09:36 PM
His first week in office he returned the bust of Winston Churchill that they sent to us after 9/11. I am guessing that was a little frosty...

Xunil
2/21/2011, 09:57 PM
His first week in office he returned the bust of Winston Churchill that they sent to us after 9/11. I am guessing that was a little frosty...

Wait.. What? Why did he do that?

waynepayne
2/21/2011, 09:59 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/4623148/Barack-Obama-sends-bust-of-Winston-Churchill-on-its-way-back-to-Britain.html

SoCaliSooner
2/21/2011, 10:02 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/4623148/Barack-Obama-sends-bust-of-Winston-Churchill-on-its-way-back-to-Britain.html

Churchill has less happy connotations for Mr Obama than those American politicians who celebrate his wartime leadership. It was during Churchill's second premiership that Britain suppressed Kenya's Mau Mau rebellion. Among Kenyans allegedly tortured by the colonial regime included one Hussein Onyango Obama, the President's grandfather.
The rejection of the bust has left some British officials nervously reading the runes to see how much influence the UK can wield with the new regime in Washington.
Now it is likely that Gordon Brown will offer a alternative symbol of Anglo-American fealty when he visits Washington to meet Mr Obama for the first time since he became President. Diplomats are still working to finalise a date for the visit which is expected in the final week of this month or early in March.
After some fallout...the kenyan replaced it with Lincoln's bust.

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 10:08 PM

It was really solid chocolate.
Michelle just couldn't handle it not being touched!
:D

soonerinkaty
2/21/2011, 10:11 PM
They would be my least favorite family members at Christmas time.

KABOOKIE
2/21/2011, 10:13 PM
What a ****ing tool. But hey he inspires the losers of this country.

salth2o
2/21/2011, 10:17 PM

Cause he's a dip ****!

MamaMia
2/21/2011, 11:04 PM

Plus he didn't apologize for the revolutionary war...or did he?

soonerscuba
2/21/2011, 11:32 PM
Dishing about the royal wedding and critiquing his interior design choices? Y'all are some catty *** bitches.

KABOOKIE
2/21/2011, 11:49 PM
Cuz if Bush had been so stupid ZOMG liberal frothing at the mouth. :rolleyes:

Pricetag
2/22/2011, 12:09 AM
If they were invited, and were actually going to attend, you guys would be bitching like crazy about what a waste it was. President Obama had no chance to win this one. Enjoy.

GKeeper316
2/22/2011, 05:44 AM
i cant hold it against the president for not liking the guy who was in charge of the people that tortured his grandfather.

let someone torture your grandfather and see how long it takes you and the rest of your family to get over it.

you guys are some real *******s.

BudSooner
2/22/2011, 07:15 AM
Do y'all want some fries with that waaaaaaaaburger? Seriously now lighten up, some of you react as if Barry is your own blood kin....NTTAWWT mind you.
I think it's pretty ****ing funny that Kanye is going but not the O, outstanding!!!!!

KABOOKIE
2/22/2011, 07:24 AM
i cant hold it against the president for not liking the guy who was in charge of the people that tortured his grandfather.

let someone torture your grandfather and see how long it takes you and the rest of your family to get over it.

Nothing says mature like holding a personal grudge at the expense of the country. Yeah we're a bunch of *******s. :rolleyes:

OrlandoSooner
2/22/2011, 07:49 AM
Was he serving Kenya's interests over the good ole USA?

virginiasooner
2/22/2011, 11:01 AM
The Churchill bust was on loan, so pull your head out of your butt.

And so what if the President wasn't invited to the wedding -- security is hellish enough without the added burden of the leader of the free world.

Aldebaran
2/22/2011, 11:08 AM
Saddam threatened to kills W's Daddy, and look at how that went as your paradigm of hope.

Veritas
2/22/2011, 11:08 AM
Guess the Queen did not like his gift of an iPod full of his speeches.:D
Ya know, he's such an arrogant *** that "gift" wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Jammin'
2/22/2011, 11:09 AM
He replaced it with one of Lincoln. What's wrong with having a great US presidents bust on display rather than that of an English man?

Personally I'd of gone with a bust of Keef.

3rdgensooner
2/22/2011, 11:22 AM
If he were invited and attended, people would b^tch about how much the taxpayers spent getting him there and how he should be tending to more important things.

Oh, and whatever gift he gave would be inappropriate and there would be some exaggerated social gaffe that would be used to prove he really was born in Kenya.

AlboSooner
2/22/2011, 11:28 AM
If he were invited and attended, people would b^tch about how much the taxpayers spent getting him there and how he should be tending to more important things.

Oh, and whatever gift he gave would be inappropriate and there would be some exaggerated social gaffe that would be used to prove he really was born in Kenya.

Very true.

The Profit
2/22/2011, 11:31 AM

I always wondered why in the hell they sent that stupid bust anyway. Its not like he hasn't been dead as a doornail for 40 years.

stoopified
2/22/2011, 11:43 AM
Churchill was responsible for brutalities against my relatives during the Irish Uprising but my family harbors no ill will for actions taken over 90 years ago.

Soonrboy
2/22/2011, 11:50 AM
I heard it explained that the guest list was kept to a minimum regarding heads-of-state. Most of the guest list consists or extendedn royal family members.

virginiasooner
2/22/2011, 11:55 AM

The official gift of the United States would be selected by the State Department. There would be no "personal" gift from the Obamas to Wills and Kate.

CrimsonKel
2/22/2011, 12:06 PM
This wedding is not a "State" event because the Prince is not at the plate or on deck. He's still in the dugout if you will. At least that's the word on the street.

The Profit
2/22/2011, 12:46 PM
This wedding is not a "State" event because the Prince is not at the plate or on deck. He's still in the dugout if you will. At least that's the word on the street.

The correct terminology is that "he's in the hole," which in this case is more true than not.

MamaMia
2/22/2011, 01:27 PM
He replaced it with one of Lincoln. What's wrong with having a great US presidents bust on display rather than that of an English man?

Personally I'd of gone with a bust of Keef.The classy thing would have been to display both and replace none.

Sooner_Bob
2/22/2011, 01:34 PM

It wasn't a gift to Barack Obama . . . or his family. He wouldn't have the right IMO to return it.

GKeeper316
2/22/2011, 02:28 PM
Nothing says mature like holding a personal grudge at the expense of the country. Yeah we're a bunch of *******s. :rolleyes:

please explain to me how the united states of america is in any way adversely affected by this.

i'll wait.

i mean it isnt like he started a war because some dude tried to kill his dad.

OutlandTrophy
2/22/2011, 02:29 PM
I thought the world loved President Obama and by putting him in the White House the world was going to in turn love the US again?

Jammin'
2/22/2011, 02:33 PM
The classy thing would have been to display both and replace none.

The white house isn't as big as it looks on tv.

soonercruiser
2/22/2011, 02:54 PM
And, it's almost spring. So......let's sing!
"The White House is bustin' out all O-over....."

The Profit
2/22/2011, 03:01 PM
And, it's almost spring. So......let's sing!
"The White House is bustin' out all O-over....."

Very strange man. Very strange. Indeed.

KABOOKIE
2/22/2011, 04:23 PM
please explain to me how the united states of america is in any way adversely affected by this.

i'll wait.

BOOSH IS MEAN!!!! :rolleyes:

Pricetag
2/22/2011, 05:41 PM

i'll wait.

Well, it caused England to wonder for at least a little while what kind of influence they might have with this administration, and that really hurt.

Caboose
2/22/2011, 05:52 PM

Oh, that is a clever way of saying that he shouldnt be criticized for anything. EVER.

Me: WTF? OMG Obama just punched that toddler in the face!
You: Well? If he had punched an elderly lady in the face instead you would just be complaining about that. Jeeeeeze. He just can't win with you can he?

It is hardly a contradiction for one to be critical of Obama for damaging our nations relationship with our greatest ally because of his personal feelings AND at the same time hypothetically criticize him for wasting money on unnecessary travel.

3rdgensooner
2/22/2011, 06:18 PM
Oh, that is a clever way of saying that he shouldnt be criticized for anything. EVER.
No. But you certainly found a clever way to spin my post.

Caboose
2/22/2011, 06:30 PM
No. But you certainly found a clever way to spin my post.

Oh, so you weren't saying that because one would be critical of hypothetical situation B that they shouldn't/can't also be critical of real situation A?

WildBlueSooner
2/22/2011, 06:33 PM

Me: WTF? OMG Obama just punched that toddler in the face!
You: Well? If he had punched an elderly lady in the face instead you would just be complaining about that. Jeeeeeze. He just can't win with you can he?

It is hardly a contradiction for one to be critical of Obama for damaging our nations relationship with our greatest ally because of his personal feelings AND at the same time hypothetically criticize him for wasting money on unnecessary travel.

I mean, that would be bull**** if he punched a toddler instead of an ederly person. The ederly person is gonna die soon anyways....what an ******* :D

3rdgensooner
2/22/2011, 06:39 PM
Oh, so you weren't saying that because one would be critical of hypothetical situation B that they shouldn't/can't also be critical of real situation A?No I wasn't. There's no underlying sinister accusation--my point stands on its own.

But there may be a little irony in the fact that I can't point out one thing without you presuming some other intention.

Caboose
2/22/2011, 06:48 PM
No I wasn't. There's no underlying sinister accusation--my point stands on its own.

But there may be a little irony in the fact that I can't point out one thing without you presuming some other intention.

Well I am glad we are in agreement then. Because you know, if I hadn't made those comments that you found a little irony in, you just would have found a little irony in some other comments somewhere.

Just an observation... no underlying sinister accusation. Not really saying anything at all....

3rdgensooner
2/22/2011, 07:35 PM
Just an observation... no underlying sinister accusation. Not really saying anything at all....Jolly good Guvnah!

MamaMia
2/23/2011, 05:02 PM
Fergie got the royal snubola too.