PDA

View Full Version : Nanci Peeloski in Wisconsin?

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 09:12 PM
So, if things wren't hot enough, The Wicked Witch of the West is now in Madison giving aid to the teacher's union.

If my memory serves me correctly, Peeloski was constantly attacking the Tea Party for their anti-big govment, anti-tax rallies, excessive "enthusiasam", and loud rhetoric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raSFr5t6TWk&feature=related

Gov. Walker with a targhet on his head?
But, she was talking about the tEa Party back then.....

What a wicked hypocrit!
What the protesters are doing in Madison is exactly what the Tea Party rallies involved - FREE SPEECH you witch!

Now she calls it the democratic process = only if she and the regressives agree with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXi-6qL1npE&NR=1

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Political/not%20facism.jpg

OULenexaman
2/21/2011, 09:25 PM
does that surprise you?? She wants a big stage again.....not wanting to fade in the sunset...

SCOUT
2/21/2011, 09:48 PM
I didn't even realize that Madison was in her district. That is some serious gerrymandering.

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 10:30 PM
I didn't even realize that Madison was in her district. That is some serious gerrymandering.

Don't worry!
The student health docs there gave Peeloski a sick slip to be gone from Washington, D.C.. (Maybe she really is sick?)
:rolleyes:

CrimsonCream
2/22/2011, 09:15 AM
She has applauded the Wisconsin Senate Dems for running off to Illinois.

She is one sick Loon b*tch.

jkjsooner
2/22/2011, 09:31 AM
She has applauded the Wisconsin Senate Dems for running off to Illinois.

She is one sick Loon b*tch.

While what the lawmakers did is a slight bit of an embarrassment, there was a story the other day on the news about how Lincoln once escaped out of the second floor window to prevent a vote...

Aldebaran
2/22/2011, 10:12 AM
Well done OP. Well done.

Some of the best mouthbreathing ranting I've seen in quite some time.

Awesome.

Don't forget to ask the customer if they want to upgrade to a shake for only 50 cents more.

pphilfran
2/22/2011, 10:18 AM
Pelosi and Obama are fighting for their lives on this...they have long promised strength to unions...unions are the savior of the middle class...and now a major union is under attack...

This ain't good for their platform...

Turd_Ferguson
2/22/2011, 10:19 AM
Well done Aldebaran. Well done.

Some more of the mouthbreathing liberal **** I'm used to seeing on the SO.

Awesome.

Don't forget to call him a redneck, racist, tea-bagger and make fun of people in low paying jobs.

badger
2/22/2011, 10:29 AM
Pelosi got her moment in the sun, just like Palin. The difference is that after each of them lost their position of power - Pelosi as Speaker of the House, Palin as Alaska governor and VP nominee - Palin makes more money off of her speaking appearances :D

Oh yes, I think Pelosi was paid to appear in Madison and was not speaking out on just promoting her own cause. I think a majority of people who are visiting from outside the state are getting compensated in some way, even if it's just having their travel expenses paid for. All-expense paid vacation to Mad-town? Score! Maybe I can catch Bo Ryan's team at the Kohl Center while visiting! :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wish they would both go away, but I know that Palin wants to run for prez and Pelosi is still House minority leader. Someday, though...

3rdgensooner
2/22/2011, 10:45 AM
Certainly worthy of a new thread...

Aldebaran
2/22/2011, 10:51 AM
Dear fanboy,

Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But, please stop asking for a pic for your spank bank.

okie52
2/22/2011, 10:55 AM
Pelosi and Obama are fighting for their lives on this...they have long promised strength to unions...unions are the savior of the middle class...and now a major union is under attack...

The EFCA seems like a distant memory.

jkjsooner
2/22/2011, 10:57 AM

I see it differently. If the unions are being attacked, that could really be a rallying point for the Democrats.

Making an argument that it's bad for their platform is like saying 9/11 was bad for a party whose platform involves a strong military.

(Cue the poster who misses my point and asserts that I'm claiming the governor's actions resemble 9/11. There's always one...)

Bourbon St Sooner
2/22/2011, 11:57 AM
Dear fanboy,

Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But, please stop asking for a pic for your spank bank.

If it walks like a KC and it talks like a KC, it must be a KC.

What exactly is the point of creating a troll handle?

3rdgensooner
2/22/2011, 11:59 AM
Haha, Alde has been around OU boards for a long time.

badger
2/22/2011, 12:29 PM
I know there's a lot of Wisconsin threads going, but as a badger and all, it's my natural habitat so I have to burrow in with my sharp pointy claws and growl close to the ground ;)

And Nancy dear, just like Republicans are shoving budget cutting moves through state governments that they control now, Democats at the federal level once shoved through Obamacare. Don't read the bill, just sign it so you can find out what's in it. Don't debate or drag your feet, just pass the big ****ing deal while allowing the state of Nebraska to get special terms and Congress themselves to opt out of this expensive thing. You're in control, after all. What is the opposition gonna do about it?

Republicans beware --- pushing stuff through fast has consequences. Please at least attempt to work with your opponents a little, or suffer the same fate that the House Democrats did for Obamacare.

VeeJay
2/22/2011, 08:52 PM
Republicans beware --- pushing stuff through fast has consequences. Please at least attempt to work with your opponents a little, or suffer the same fate that the House Democrats did for Obamacare.

Fast is one thing.

"We have to pass the bill so we can find out what is in it" is in a league of its own.

Turd_Ferguson
2/22/2011, 10:39 PM
If it walks like a KC and it talks like a KC, it must be a KC.

What exactly is the point of creating a troll handle?I didn't see dolt or clown pant's anywhere in there, so it can't be him:D

StoopTroup
2/22/2011, 11:28 PM
People....

I know we'd love to think that voting in or out a guy or gal in our State because they didn't read a bill would be appropriate and a major portion of them reading them would be nice but it seems to me all that goes on is someone on the staff usually reads them and let's their boss know what they think is in it that is good for them, what others in their party all think about it and also the stuff they won't or shouldn't like. Then they all sidestep around until they can posture themselves into the best possible political limelight they can.

Reading it? It probably never happens. I was really happy when the line item veto came about but later I felt even that hasn't good enough. These bills all try to fix to many things that were along ago majorly written complicated.

Probably the best thing that could happen for either side is if they'd quit blaming the opposite side for something and then repealing it. What would really change things is if each side took responsibility for one of their own screw ups and spent resources reforming their own stuff. Eventually they might get our Country back to where the regular folks felt they weren't being ruled by another group of folks who consider themselves better than others. The Pubs for instance were estatic about putting a pub in Ted Kennedys spot and now it seems they rue the day they thought they changed the Country Forever. Initially I thought Scott Brown was an idiot but now it seems he's become a centrist. What ensues there will become political instead of doing something good for the people of his State. We are allowing the media instead of the people to run our Country but if the Tea Baggers can run amuck so can pissed off Teachers who think it's really sad when one man can affect so many of the Wisconsin workers lives based on what he thinks is best for the State. Put it to a vote of the teachers instead of fighting the Unions. Of course I also won't be naive in thinking that the Unions are also trying to force the Gov's hand and even avoid the possibility of a vote of the Teachers.

I do agree that many things that are complicated require a leader to sometimes make decisions that aren't popular but it's our job as voters to fire those folks and replace them once it's evident it wasn't in our best interest it was in the politicians best interest. Then the next leader should help iron out the policies so that they can be long term fixes that try to make things equal for all instead of the few.

Our Country became self evident because we hated Kings and people who's power was to better the Royals instead of the People. Yes Taxes were a big part of it but also being put into indentured Servitude because of Tax Liens and debt were also a part of it.

The Pubs have tried "Right to Work". It was supposed to give Unions a Death Blow. It didn't. Some Corporations paid their employees extra if they wouldn't go Union and through mis-management and bad times those same loyal employees were all fired. Now the Company is faced with Unionizers. Imagine that. I've worked for one Corporation back in the 80's that the Employees became owners. As soon as they did...the guy running things started hiring Vice Presidents in charge if every aspect of the Company who all created their own Kingdoms. They all postured themselves into getting paid like owners and began changing the way the Company was run for 75 years. That Company went permanently into the history books in 1988 and Thousands of Folks whose Families had not only been loyal honest employees to that Company saw thier future, thier retirements posedponed and their pensions raided. The folks running their Companies paid themselves healthy salaries as the Corporation was disassembled and sold. A number of them ran their own Companies and had phonelines in their offices do clients and Partners could contact them. Double Dippers. I know later some of them took sabbaticals moving to Colorado to Ski and relax or retire. The mass of folks who were near retirement though spent time trying to secure a portion of their promised pensions. Most simply lost it as unless you were of retirement age you were screwed out of it. Again the people left in charge couldn't keep their hands off the little guys promised pension.

I understand why most folks don't care for Unions or Support them as I do believe that the Top Brass of Unions are no different than the Top Brass at the Corporations. Together they have both conspired to help themselves to the pockets of the Company and the Workers, however this last attack on the middle class in our Country had spawned more and more groups or folks who now go out into public and complain. Few of them seem to really even know why the hell they are out complaining and what they'd really like done about it.

It seems Jimmy Stewarts Wonderful Life is gone. Is it gone forever? I don't think so as I still see people without a pot to **** in give a portion of the dough they could have used for discretionary purposes give to others who are in need while the banks and the Credit Card Companies continue to foreclose. As long as that continues I still have faith in Americans. To hell with whatever Party you're part of...doing what's good for hard working tax paying Americans is a hell of a lot better than shoring up a bunch of mis-managed Countries who will sell their Countries raw materials off for personal gain and later leave the Country in ruins.

Maybe the Wisconsin Governor really believes in what he's doing but it amazes me that he's expecting a group of folks who might have even voted for him to take it in the shorts instead of looking to the folks who really supported him. My guess is the folks who really can afford to give to his campaign probably have their kids in private schools. Asking people to give up their right to collective bargaining isnt going to be to popular when there are Federal and Corporate Employees who are protected by Federal Laws which Govenors have zero ability to make a change like he's doing. Although he might be able to take on these folks...it doesn't mean it's going to be good for his State or America. He's using his power at a State Level to encite a riot IMO. This won't end well and Should other Governors take similar positions it will hurt our kids. I will more than likely Home School my Kids and push for State Tax relief. I shouldn't have to pay into a system I don't use either.

Everyone who finds funds with tons of money in them always find a way to make themselves look righteous when they go dipping into pensions, Social Security or Medicare type funds with millions in them. As soon as "We the People" suddenly find a way to avoid paying into it because we don't have children or wish to send them to a private school
And get some of that dough to pay for it or teach our kids ourselves and get them to pay us some of that money....it's no way.

Scott Walker and his ilk are no better than the Pelosi's of our Nation.

End taxes on hard working Americans Personal Taxes and let Our Government and States live on taxes from non-food and or maybe a flat tax on folks with more than one Home or more than one vehicle. You don't fix things by stealing out of peoples pockets. You fix it by collecting tax on what folks are spending.

This is an incredible attack on our right to plan on our retirements. As long as if doesn't affect me though....**** those lazy beyonces!

God Bless America!

Why doesn't Scott just get rid of public education altogether? If your Kids want an education they can get it online or even volunteering themselves to help the less fortunate. Lol

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 12:10 AM
I see it differently. If the unions are being attacked, that could really be a rallying point for the Democrats.

Making an argument that it's bad for their platform is like saying 9/11 was bad for a party whose platform involves a strong military.

(Cue the poster who misses my point and asserts that I'm claiming the governor's actions resemble 9/11. There's always one...)

Except that is was a loosing platform when Walker campaigned on exactly what he is trying to do today.
Soooooo, I guess a lot of Wisconsinites thought it was a bad platfrom then?
:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 12:26 AM
People....

I know we'd love to think that voting in or out a guy or gal in our State because they didn't read a bill would be appropriate and a major portion of them reading them would be nice but it seems to me all that goes on is someone on the staff usually reads them and let's their boss know what they think is in it that is good for them, what others in their party all think about it and also the stuff they won't or shouldn't like. Then they all sidestep around until they can posture themselves into the best possible political limelight they can.

Reading it? It probably never happens. I was really happy when the line item veto came about but later I felt even that hasn't good enough. These bills all try to fix to many things that were along ago majorly written complicated.

Probably the best thing that could happen for either side is if they'd quit blaming the opposite side for something and then repealing it. What would really change things is if each side took responsibility for one of their own screw ups and spent resources reforming their own stuff. Eventually they might get our Country back to where the regular folks felt they weren't being ruled by another group of folks who consider themselves better than others. The Pubs for instance were estatic about putting a pub in Ted Kennedys spot and now it seems they rue the day they thought they changed the Country Forever. Initially I thought Scott Brown was an idiot but now it seems he's become a centrist. What ensues there will become political instead of doing something good for the people of his State. We are allowing the media instead of the people to run our Country but if the Tea Baggers can run amuck so can pissed off Teachers who think it's really sad when one man can affect so many of the Wisconsin workers lives based on what he thinks is best for the State. Put it to a vote of the teachers instead of fighting the Unions. Of course I also won't be naive in thinking that the Unions are also trying to force the Gov's hand and even avoid the possibility of a vote of the Teachers.

I do agree that many things that are complicated require a leader to sometimes make decisions that aren't popular but it's our job as voters to fire those folks and replace them once it's evident it wasn't in our best interest it was in the politicians best interest. Then the next leader should help iron out the policies so that they can be long term fixes that try to make things equal for all instead of the few.

Our Country became self evident because we hated Kings and people who's power was to better the Royals instead of the People. Yes Taxes were a big part of it but also being put into indentured Servitude because of Tax Liens and debt were also a part of it.

The Pubs have tried "Right to Work". It was supposed to give Unions a Death Blow. It didn't. Some Corporations paid their employees extra if they wouldn't go Union and through mis-management and bad times those same loyal employees were all fired. Now the Company is faced with Unionizers. Imagine that. I've worked for one Corporation back in the 80's that the Employees became owners. As soon as they did...the guy running things started hiring Vice Presidents in charge if every aspect of the Company who all created their own Kingdoms. They all postured themselves into getting paid like owners and began changing the way the Company was run for 75 years. That Company went permanently into the history books in 1988 and Thousands of Folks whose Families had not only been loyal honest employees to that Company saw thier future, thier retirements posedponed and their pensions raided. The folks running their Companies paid themselves healthy salaries as the Corporation was disassembled and sold. A number of them ran their own Companies and had phonelines in their offices do clients and Partners could contact them. Double Dippers. I know later some of them took sabbaticals moving to Colorado to Ski and relax or retire. The mass of folks who were near retirement though spent time trying to secure a portion of their promised pensions. Most simply lost it as unless you were of retirement age you were screwed out of it. Again the people left in charge couldn't keep their hands off the little guys promised pension.

I understand why most folks don't care for Unions or Support them as I do believe that the Top Brass of Unions are no different than the Top Brass at the Corporations. Together they have both conspired to help themselves to the pockets of the Company and the Workers, however this last attack on the middle class in our Country had spawned more and more groups or folks who now go out into public and complain. Few of them seem to really even know why the hell they are out complaining and what they'd really like done about it.

It seems Jimmy Stewarts Wonderful Life is gone. Is it gone forever? I don't think so as I still see people without a pot to **** in give a portion of the dough they could have used for discretionary purposes give to others who are in need while the banks and the Credit Card Companies continue to foreclose. As long as that continues I still have faith in Americans. To hell with whatever Party you're part of...doing what's good for hard working tax paying Americans is a hell of a lot better than shoring up a bunch of mis-managed Countries who will sell their Countries raw materials off for personal gain and later leave the Country in ruins.

Maybe the Wisconsin Governor really believes in what he's doing but it amazes me that he's expecting a group of folks who might have even voted for him to take it in the shorts instead of looking to the folks who really supported him. My guess is the folks who really can afford to give to his campaign probably have their kids in private schools. Asking people to give up their right to collective bargaining isnt going to be to popular when there are Federal and Corporate Employees who are protected by Federal Laws which Govenors have zero ability to make a change like he's doing. Although he might be able to take on these folks...it doesn't mean it's going to be good for his State or America. He's using his power at a State Level to encite a riot IMO. This won't end well and Should other Governors take similar positions it will hurt our kids. I will more than likely Home School my Kids and push for State Tax relief. I shouldn't have to pay into a system I don't use either.

Everyone who finds funds with tons of money in them always find a way to make themselves look righteous when they go dipping into pensions, Social Security or Medicare type funds with millions in them. As soon as "We the People" suddenly find a way to avoid paying into it because we don't have children or wish to send them to a private school
And get some of that dough to pay for it or teach our kids ourselves and get them to pay us some of that money....it's no way.

Scott Walker and his ilk are no better than the Pelosi's of our Nation.

End taxes on hard working Americans Personal Taxes and let Our Government and States live on taxes from non-food and or maybe a flat tax on folks with more than one Home or more than one vehicle. You don't fix things by stealing out of peoples pockets. You fix it by collecting tax on what folks are spending.

This is an incredible attack on our right to plan on our retirements. As long as if doesn't affect me though....**** those lazy beyonces!

God Bless America!

Why doesn't Scott just get rid of public education altogether? If your Kids want an education they can get it online or even volunteering themselves to help the less fortunate. Lol

Stoop - sorry you can't see the difference between the Nanci Peeloskis and Gov. Walkers.
Walker is just an honest guy who campaigned on what he thought, got elected, and is trying to keep his word.
As Gov., he can only affect a certain amount of the PUBLIC budget. So, he doing what it takes to keep the state solvent with the tools at his disposal - we should appreciate that he is not having Wisconsin join the likes of California and New York in looking for a federal bailout.
(We came within one election of having this happen, in my opinion. The Demoncrats would do this if they could, I am sure of that!)

Unions have had their day, and now that absolute power has corrupted the teacher's unions aboslutely, it's time for the pendulum to swing back towards a balance.
I hope Wisconsin is soon added to the list of "Right-to-Work' states.
No employee of any trade should ever be required to join a union as a requirement for a job! There is NO WAY to justify this!

As for Peeloski - and "passing the bill in order to find out what's in it" - you have to be kidding me????? This is vile, deceitful, and evil woman!
Bills in Congress should be limited to one subject - no more than two pages in length. Too bad the Repugs didn't have the foresight to walk out on the Obamacare bill votes!

CrimsonCream
2/23/2011, 09:02 AM
As for Peeloski - and "passing the bill in order to find out what's in it" - you have to be kidding me????? This is vile, deceitful, and evil woman!

She is that. She is plain delusional.

She applauded the Senate Dems that cowardly ran away to Illinois as heroes instead of doing the State's business. (Wonder what would have happened if all the Republicans stayed away instead of voting on Obama's bullsh*t bills?)

Loons are like bullies. Pop the bastards in the mouth and they slink away.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 10:50 AM
She is that. She is plain delusional.

She applauded the Senate Dems that cowardly ran away to Illinois as heroes instead of doing the State's business. (Wonder what would have happened if all the Republicans stayed away instead of voting on Obama's bullsh*t bills?)

Maybe some lefties are like bullies, but not me. Pop me in the mouth and I will head-butt your frigging nose.

pphilfran
2/23/2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe some lefties are like bullies, but not me. Pop me in the mouth and I will head-butt your frigging nose.

Careful, now, your honker would make quite a target...

The Profit
2/23/2011, 10:55 AM
Careful, now, your honker would make quite a target...

You are right. Because of that nose, I had to learn defense well before I ever learned offense.

3rdgensooner
2/23/2011, 10:56 AM

Should I get a ruler?

SoCaliSooner
2/23/2011, 12:02 PM
Wisconsin can keep Pelosi. For realz...

TitoMorelli
2/25/2011, 09:09 AM
Pelosi edits honorary resolution...on Pelosi

The Democratic National Committee wanted to honor Nancy Pelosi Thursday -- but its praise wasn't good enough for the House minority leader.

When the DNC's Resolutions Committee brought up a resolution commemorating Pelosi's years as speaker of the House, Pelosi's daughter sought to alter the proposal at her mother's behest, adding some of the accomplishments that the elder Pelosi felt the committee had overlooked.

"I have some friendly amendments," said Christine Pelosi, a political strategist, at the committee's session during the DNC Winter Meeting at the Marriott Wardman Park hotel Thursday afternoon. She is a member of the committee.

"You think I'm kidding," Christine Pelosi added, to surprised laughter from the room. The proposed changes, she indicated, came out of a discussion with her mother.

First, Pelosi wanted to add a mention of her fight against HIV and AIDS, because it was "why she went to Congress." Then, she wanted to insert a paragraph on her "accomplishments for equality," mentioning the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 and the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" in December.

"Finally, since, as she said, 'I'm not going anywhere,' she wanted to add, in the final 'whereas' clause, '...and will continue the fight for America's working families,'" Christine Pelosi said.

The committee applauded that point, and approved the amended resolution on a voice vote.

The Pelosi resolution, submitted by a roster of Democratic luminaries headed by DNC Chairman Tim Kaine, was one of dozens of ceremonial acts considered by the committee, on such topics as praising President Obama's State of the Union address, honoring the victims of January's Tucson shootings and memorializing Elizabeth Edwards. Most of the resolutions were approved without changes.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0211/Pelosi_edits_honorary_resolutionon_Pelosi_.html