PDA

View Full Version : HEY DEAN!

proud gonzo
2/21/2011, 05:39 PM
Twice in the past two weeks, the mail carrier has failed to take letters left in our mailbox. They were stamped and properly addressed. What's up with that? :mad:

jumperstop
2/21/2011, 05:42 PM
Who uses the mail?

yermom
2/21/2011, 05:49 PM
well, they needed the day off today...

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 09:38 PM
Twice in the past two weeks, the mail carrier has failed to take letters left in our mailbox. They were stamped and properly addressed. What's up with that? :mad:

Your home address is listed on your "Public Profile"?

Whet
2/21/2011, 09:44 PM
today was a holiday and they don't pick up mail on Sundays! ;)

lexsooner
2/21/2011, 09:53 PM
If someone started a thread on the lack of professionalism of the USPS, there would be hundreds of posts. I can describe a few good experiences, but lots more examples of rude, toothless, entitled USPS jackarses.

lexsooner
2/21/2011, 09:56 PM

Uh, well, maybe many USPS workers are lazy, unprofessional, rude, entitled losers who should be laid off to help with the national deficit.

sooner ngintunr
2/21/2011, 09:59 PM
Sweet.:pop:

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 10:26 PM
Just to play the Devil's Advocate.....
I love my mailman! (He's a neighbor)
And, I love my bank too! :P

proud gonzo
2/21/2011, 10:47 PM
Your home address is listed on your "Public Profile"?whatchoo talking about?

:rolleyes: I know the mail didn't go today. The envelope has been out there since Friday night. I want my new Netflix movie, darn it! :mad:

delhalew
2/22/2011, 12:00 AM
I'm thinking Dean saw this thread and decided to keep on ramblin'. I mean really, what is to be gained?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/22/2011, 12:05 AM
Uh, well, maybe many USPS workers are lazy, unprofessional, rude, entitled losers who should be laid off to help with the national deficit.
SURPRISE! What government bureaucracy isn't like this? You can afford that **** with other people's money that you steal

proud gonzo
2/22/2011, 01:39 AM
:les: STOP DICKING UP MY THREAD.

i just want my neflix movie.

49r
2/22/2011, 07:47 PM
Netflix streaming works great! AND you don't have to wait for the mail.

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 08:19 PM
No clue. I'm in DC, but if I was in Norman I'd be kicking some A. This is exactly the kind of thing the PMG is going after right now. Seriously.

C&CDean
2/22/2011, 08:20 PM
SURPRISE! What government bureaucracy isn't like this? You can afford that **** with other people's money that you steal

STFU pothead. If you had even an inkling of a clue you'd be damn near dangerous. Good thing you don't/aren't.

rekamrettuB
2/22/2011, 09:03 PM
:les: STOP DICKING UP MY THREAD.

i just want my neflix movie.

People still use DVD's and Blue Ray discs?

proud gonzo
2/22/2011, 09:43 PM
some people don't like pixelation and buffering issues when they watch a movie.

I have 70 movies on my Netflix queue and none of them are streaming instantly.

Dean--this time we might have just put the envelope out there too late and the mail had already gone. However, a few weeks ago I tried to send my parents a card and it definitely did not get picked up. No holiday, no weekend, and it was out there before the mail went that day.

I don't want to get people in trouble or anything...I was just irked. It's interfering with my annual pre-Oscar movie madness.

delhalew
2/22/2011, 10:53 PM
soume people don't like pixelation and buffering issues when they watch a movie.

I have 70 movies on my Netflix queue and none of them are streaming instantly.

Dean--this time we might have just put the envelope out there too late and the mail had already gone. However, a few weeks ago I tried to send my parents a card and it definitely did not get picked up. No holiday, no weekend, and it was out there before the mail went that day.

I don't want to get people in trouble or anything...I was just irked. It's interfering with my annual pre-Oscar movie madness.

In all seriousness, over the past couple years, I have noticed more instances of carriers skipping days when there no bulk **** mail to drop.

StoopTroup
2/22/2011, 11:44 PM
If someone started a thread on the lack of professionalism of the USPS, there would be hundreds of posts. I can describe a few good experiences, but lots more examples of rude, toothless, entitled USPS jackarses.

Dean? Who the hell did your dental work ? You look marvelous darling.

MamaMia
2/23/2011, 03:22 AM
whatchoo talking about?

:rolleyes: I know the mail didn't go today. The envelope has been out there since Friday night. I want my new Netflix movie, darn it! :mad:Did the mail carrier drop off any mail?

TUSooner
2/23/2011, 09:54 AM
STFU pothead. If you had even an inkling of a clue you'd be damn near dangerous. Good thing you don't/aren't.

What Dean said. Except I would have called you "scrotum breath."

Oh yeah. What kind of mailbox do you have, pg? If you don't have incoming mail, your "letter carrier" probably won't stop at your house unless the flag is up on your box by the street or the outgoing letters are visible, like clipped to the outside of your box on the porch. If she or she doesnt look... shame.

PS- I was a mailman for 11 years, so I know. ;)

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 10:03 AM
If there isn't any mail for your box the carrier will not stop/pick up - unless you have the flag raised.

Letter carriers are required to deliver every mailpiece that is in the mail stream. If they don't, they can/will be terminated. They are required to collect every mailpiece while on their route - or if they can't (no room in the truck, etc.) they are required to notify their office so someone can come out and pick it up.

I've talked to the Norman Postmaster. Call her directly if you have concerns.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 10:04 AM
I ain't complaining. We have the best mailman we have had in 30 years in North Edmond.

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 10:05 AM

Maybe you should lobotomize yourself with an ice pick to help with the national intelligence deficit. Have some red.

lexsooner
2/23/2011, 10:27 AM
Dean, it took you a while to get around to responding and negging (twice). Typical slow moving postal worker! :) Bring on privatization!

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 10:32 AM
No, I'm too busy to respond to your hillbilly ***.

Besides, I've got 17 months, 9 days, and about 5.5 hours till I retire. Maybe sooner if they offer a early-out. I'm too busy counting the days to work.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 10:46 AM
Dean, it took you a while to get around to responding and negging (twice). Typical slow moving postal worker! :) Bring on privatization!

Thought we have privatization in that area. Its called Fedex and UPS. There are still some of us, who don't want to pay $7.00 to send a frigging Christmas card to Aunt Fannie.

lexsooner
2/23/2011, 10:54 AM
No, I'm too busy to respond to your hillbilly ***.

Besides, I've got 17 months, 9 days, and about 5.5 hours till I retire. Maybe sooner if they offer a early-out. I'm too busy counting the days to work.

Typical clock/calendar watching "civil servant."

lexsooner
2/23/2011, 10:57 AM
Thought we have privatization in that area. Its called Fedex and UPS. There are still some of us, who don't want to pay $7.00 to send a frigging Christmas card to Aunt Fannie.

Yes, we do indeed get what we pay for. I'm never concerned a Fedex or UPS package will not reach its destination. For me, I am willing to pay more for good service and that peace of mind. With the USPS, I have known them to throw a package too large for the mailbox on the ground by the mailbox because they are too lazy or handicapped to walk to the door. So you get what you pay for with the USPS: S**t service.

sooneron
2/23/2011, 11:10 AM
I've had more issues with UPS than USPS. One Christmas, my Mom had bought my ticket back to OK (starving punk in the big apple at the time) and she expressed it to me. I missed the carrier and the next day was a holiday AND the day I was flying out. I went down to the PO and got there after 5PM. Not only did they find the envelope for me, they opened up so I could sign for it and get home the next day. They aren't perfect - some offices are muy better than others, but it works. The one in my little town, is teh win- friendly, helpful, and looking to make it cheaper for me to ship something.

The Profit
2/23/2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, we do indeed get what we pay for. I'm never concerned a Fedex or UPS package will not reach its destination. For me, I am willing to pay more for good service and that peace of mind. With the USPS, I have known them to throw a package too large for the mailbox on the ground by the mailbox because they are too lazy or handicapped to walk to the door. So you get what you pay for with the USPS: S**t service.

We get a lot of express mail packages. Our mailman always comes to the door and rings the doorbell. He does this so often that the dogs know him and are excited to see him. There are s..t Fedex delivery people and s..t UPS delivery people, and there are probably some s..t mailmen.

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 12:20 PM

I got it figured out now. Lex has kids fathered by his mail man. I'd be a bit bitter too if the lazy-assed, no-good mailman was tapping my wife's coochie.

Or, it might be that somewhere during his pathetic existence he mailed a letter to Aunt Margaret across town. It took 2 weeks to get there, or maybe never got there at all. This defines the USPS for him. He doesn't consider all of the bills, payments, checks, etc. during his entire life that have/do arrive on time.

A good analogy would be me saying I had a bad pizza one time in NYC, and was treated rudely by the person taking my order. Therefore, all NYC pizza sucks, and all NYC pizza order takers are lazy, worthless, and rude.

proud gonzo
2/23/2011, 12:23 PM
If there isn't any mail for your box the carrier will not stop/pick up - unless you have the flag raised.

Letter carriers are required to deliver every mailpiece that is in the mail stream. If they don't, they can/will be terminated. They are required to collect every mailpiece while on their route - or if they can't (no room in the truck, etc.) they are required to notify their office so someone can come out and pick it up.

I've talked to the Norman Postmaster. Call her directly if you have concerns.

We don't have a flag, though. We have one of those communal boxes down the block with 16 or so individual boxes on it, each with a key. So I think it's pretty unlikely that nobody on our block got any mail those days.

sooneron
2/23/2011, 12:30 PM
http://cathylwood.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mailbox-2.jpg

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 12:30 PM
We don't have a flag, though. We have one of those communal boxes down the block with 16 or so individual boxes on it, each with a key. So I think it's pretty unlikely that nobody on our block got any mail those days.

Ah, one of those dreadful things huh? I'd still call the Postmaster and ask if they collect out of those Neighborhood Box Units when there's no mail for the person - or is there any kind of an outgoing mail receptacle you can use that is part of the NBU.

proud gonzo
2/23/2011, 12:38 PM
http://cathylwood.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mailbox-2.jpg
If I urgently have to mail something and missed pickup that day, I'd drive to a mailbox or the post office. But I'll be damned if I'm going to drive out of my way for a mailbox when there's one two houses down that SHOULD work just as well.

soonercruiser
2/23/2011, 12:52 PM
Dean? Who the hell did your dental work ? You look marvelous darling.

"Mack Truck".
:D

TUSooner
2/23/2011, 12:58 PM

Ooooooh. :( I hated those things, and so did the customers. But I guess the USPS likes them for some reason. I do rememeber seeing one or 2 with a separate "outgoing" cubby, though.

sooner_born_1960
2/23/2011, 01:00 PM
Was your mailbox properly illuminated?

lexsooner
2/23/2011, 01:01 PM
I got it figured out now. Lex has kids fathered by his mail man. I'd be a bit bitter too if the lazy-assed, no-good mailman was tapping my wife's coochie.

Or, it might be that somewhere during his pathetic existence he mailed a letter to Aunt Margaret across town. It took 2 weeks to get there, or maybe never got there at all. This defines the USPS for him. He doesn't consider all of the bills, payments, checks, etc. during his entire life that have/do arrive on time.

A good analogy would be me saying I had a bad pizza one time in NYC, and was treated rudely by the person taking my order. Therefore, all NYC pizza sucks, and all NYC pizza order takers are lazy, worthless, and rude.

Naw, they are all bright, accomplished honor students, so a USPS worker could not have been anywhere in their genetic histories. No kid of mine is going to make a living wearing shorts and knee-high dork socks and run crying to the union whenever someone makes them work.

proud gonzo
2/23/2011, 01:01 PM
yeah, ours doesn't have that. :(

sooneron
2/23/2011, 01:02 PM
If I urgently have to mail something and missed pickup that day, I'd drive to a mailbox or the post office. But I'll be damned if I'm going to drive out of my way for a mailbox when there's one two houses down that SHOULD work just as well.

So, it was in the out slot?

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 01:16 PM
Naw, they are all bright, accomplished honor students, so a USPS worker could not have been anywhere in their genetic histories. No kid of mine is going to make a living wearing shorts and knee-high dork socks and run crying to the union whenever someone makes them work.

Liar. You'd be proud as punch if any of your kids got a job. Of course I'm with you on the union deal. If my kids got hired by the USPS I'd beat their *** if they joined the union.

proud gonzo
2/23/2011, 01:47 PM
So, it was in the out slot?
:les: I'm not SicEm; I know how to use a mailbox!

TUSooner
2/23/2011, 02:22 PM

You know, Mr. Sh*t-for-brains, I don't really know where you're coming from; maybe you just have this little thing going with Dean. But I was a damn ****ing excellent mailman. I worked hard outdoors in all kinds of weather, I took good care of my customers and the US Mail, which I regarded as a near-sacred trust, I never bitched to the union about anything (except the union itself), and I have great legs, so I looked The Bomb in shorts -- which, by the way, I had to wear to law school, where I went every night after working all day. So **** YOU in your eye sockets, bi+ch, even if you're kidding. And I don't even mean that in the nicest possible way.

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 02:59 PM
Man, is it still lent? My boy TU is in dire need of some alcohol.

TUSooner
2/23/2011, 03:14 PM
Man, is it still lent? My boy TU is in dire need of some alcohol.

Gee, man, thanks for the support. I'm fighting for the USPS's reputation and you tell me to calm down and have a drink!! :rolleyes: 'Course, if I could drink on the job, I would. :D

And btw, Lent hasn't even started yet:
Fat Tuesday = March 8, Ash Wednesday = March 9.

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 03:15 PM
Hell, I can't ever keep up with y'all's pagan rituals and ****.

TUSooner
2/23/2011, 03:19 PM
Hell, I can't ever keep up with y'all's pagan rituals and ****.

All you need to know is that the serious partying in the streets starts up this weekend.

C&CDean
2/23/2011, 03:52 PM
In!

The Profit
2/23/2011, 04:11 PM
Gee, man, thanks for the support. I'm fighting for the USPS's reputation and you tell me to calm down and have a drink!! :rolleyes: 'Course, if I could drink on the job, I would. :D

And btw, Lent hasn't even started yet:
Fat Tuesday = March 8, Ash Wednesday = March 9.

Glad you cleared that up. I went to the bathroom to look in the mirror to see if I had the ash mark on my forehead. I thought I was going to hell there for a minute.

OutlandTrophy
2/23/2011, 04:17 PM
and I have great legs, so I looked The Bomb in shorts --

pics or it didn't happen