PDA

View Full Version : Bombs on Campus

lexsooner
2/21/2011, 01:46 PM
Do you think they should allow explosive devices on campus at OU? Lots of on-campus crimes could be thwarted if a responsible student or staff member blew the perpetrators up first. And I don't mean in the fashion that dude blew himself up a few years ago after the game. That was an example of irresponsible use of explosives.

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2011, 02:02 PM
Do you think they should allow explosive devices on campus at OU?

I choose "no."

And I blame your post on drugs.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/21/2011, 02:02 PM
ATF raid of your house in 3... 2... 1...

The Profit
2/21/2011, 02:52 PM
Mutually Assured Destruction worked for the US and Soviet Union during the cold war. I see no reason why anyone should draw the line at guns. I say, "if they can carry 'em (guns, swords, knives, RPG's, etc.,) they can bring 'em."

Penguin
2/21/2011, 04:38 PM
Remember, if we outlawed suicide bombs, only the suicide bombers would have suicide bombs.

lexsooner
2/21/2011, 04:52 PM
Mutually Assured Destruction worked for the US and Soviet Union during the cold war. I see no reason why anyone should draw the line at guns. I say, "if they can carry 'em (guns, swords, knives, RPG's, etc.,) they can bring 'em."

You are absolutely right! The worst school killing in U.S. history was not Va. Tech. It was a school in Michigan in the early 1900s. A crazed school board member blew up the school and himself and killed hundreds of kids and school staff. If the school had explosives of its own, they could have counterattacked with their own explosives and at least lessened the carnage. If they had trained each kid to handle a small bomb, this tragedy would never have happened!

Partial Qualifier
2/21/2011, 05:33 PM
You are absolutely right! The worst school killing in U.S. history was not Va. Tech. It was a school in Michigan in the early 1900s. A crazed school board member blew up the school and himself and killed hundreds of kids and school staff. If the school had explosives of its own, they could have counterattacked with their own explosives and at least lessened the carnage. If they had trained each kid to handle a small bomb, this tragedy would never have happened!

See: if those kids knew about his plan and had some bombs of their own, they could've strategically placed counter-explosion bombs around the classroom. If synchronized just right, the pressure from the counter-explosions could (theoretically) offset the pressure caused by the bomber's bomb. Sure there'd be lots of loud noises & smoke, but business as usual otherwise.

yermom
2/22/2011, 06:00 AM
this didn't work out all that well for Christian Later

OhU1
2/22/2011, 10:30 AM
Bombs don't kill people, people with bombs kill people. I mean people kill people. You'll take my bomb from me when you pull my hand from the dead man's trigger.

The Profit
2/22/2011, 11:26 AM

Thank you. Exactly my point.

yermom
2/22/2011, 11:29 AM

if only they would have banned bombs in school back then :(

sooner_born_1960
2/22/2011, 11:32 AM
The copycat was better than the original.

yermom
2/22/2011, 11:32 AM
the boob thread?

sooner_born_1960
2/22/2011, 11:33 AM
Yes.

lexsooner
2/22/2011, 11:45 AM
Bombs don't kill people, people with bombs kill people. I mean people kill people. You'll take my bomb from me when you pull my hand from the dead man's trigger.

That's right! It's really a slippery slope when they start banning guns from campus. Then they will pass even greater restrictions on the personal possession of explosives, poisons, mustard/nerve gas, and nuclear warheads. Then what will I have? Just the sharpened 12 inch Kukri Gurkha knife I carry strapped to my right leg!

oulucas
2/22/2011, 10:55 PM
this didn't work out all that well for Christian Later

Didn't he play for Duke?

boomermagic
2/23/2011, 12:47 PM
Didn't he play for Duke?
No, UConn.