PDA

View Full Version : Good move by T.Jefferson and K.Stills

gaylordfan1
2/21/2011, 01:41 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-football-insider-television-presence-might-play-factor-in-moves/article/3542617?custom_click=columnist

Read the second story in the article.... L. Jones has decided to go to Haiti this spring break for mission work. Looks like T. Jefferson and Still will be making the trip with him, along with B. Clay. I think this is a great thing for the two. It might also help sway Stoops to avoiding the one game suspension if they show remorse for their actions after the season and fight through their punishments with Schmitty. Whether or not they are just trying to add to their resumes nobody knows, but at least they are putting in the effort to help others.

PalmBeachSooner
2/21/2011, 02:18 PM
What the hell is Whitney supposed to do for that week? Seems kind of selfish on LJ's part.

Will there be any filipino boys circumcised during his trip to Haiti?

oumartin
2/21/2011, 02:20 PM
What the hell is Whitney supposed to do for that week?

I've got that covered

KantoSooner
2/21/2011, 02:25 PM
I'd like to get our guys to do some mission work in Nigeria. The 'average' guy from the Yoruba tribe around Lagos is a stand-in for Muhammed Ali. It is my personal belief that some of these young men DESERVE the opportunity of an education in Oklahoma. And if they happened to become enamored of the game of American football? Well, these things happen.

Seamus
2/21/2011, 02:26 PM
Will there be any filipino boys circumcised during his trip to Haiti?

I've got that covered

Fixed it for you.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/21/2011, 02:52 PM
I'd like to get our guys to do some mission work in Nigeria. The 'average' guy from the Yoruba tribe around Lagos is a stand-in for Muhammed Ali. It is my personal belief that some of these young men DESERVE the opportunity of an education in Oklahoma. And if they happened to become enamored of the game of American football? Well, these things happen.This is the CORRECT ANSWER!

KantoSooner
2/21/2011, 03:51 PM
I'm so glad you liked it. I'd also like to see us bring in some 6'14" 350 lb angry Samoans to play O-line.

Sell Line: "Ohana Family Values! Unlimited Barbecued Pork!"

tator
2/21/2011, 04:40 PM
I swear, if anything happens to those 2, I will kill that LJ boy.. :D

SoCaliSooner
2/21/2011, 04:47 PM
Perfect. Good PR move by all involved. They can show some tearjerker segment narrated by Jeremy Schaap or Chris Connelly before the Florida State or Texas game.

Bet.On.It.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/21/2011, 04:53 PM
I swear, if anything happens to those 2, I will kill that LJ boy.. :D

Nice avatar!!! :D

meandmybutt
2/21/2011, 05:17 PM
I'd like to get our guys to do some mission work in Nigeria. The 'average' guy from the Yoruba tribe around Lagos is a stand-in for Muhammed Ali. It is my personal belief that some of these young men DESERVE the opportunity of an education in Oklahoma. And if they happened to become enamored of the game of American football? Well, these things happen.

Because every football team needs a bunch of professional boxers on the roster?

sperry
2/21/2011, 05:27 PM
Perfect. Good PR move by all involved. They can show some tearjerker segment narrated by Jeremy Schaap or Chris Connelly before the Florida State or Texas game.

Bet.On.It.

If they have to fill that slot, they'll probably rerun some Tebow segment.

SoCaliSooner
2/21/2011, 05:31 PM
If they have to fill that slot, they'll probably rerun some Tebow segment.
I often get the sense ESPN tries to one-up themselves with which team has the best do-gooder...or the most do-gooders. It almost seems now that true humanitarian good deeds are only now done in front of the ESPN camera's as to catch every ounce of emotion.

KantoSooner
2/21/2011, 05:43 PM
Because every football team needs a bunch of professional boxers on the roster?

Not that they'd hurt, but no, my point was that, as a group they have way more 6' +, 200 lb + guys with great physiques than anywhere else I've seen in my life.
They're just big, well built people.
And the fact that football and basketball are utterly outshone by soccer there is, to me, a tragedy of epic proportions.

Eielson
2/21/2011, 05:45 PM
It's pretty lame if they're doing this just to make themselves look better after the DUI incident. If it's because they want to, though, good for them.

oudavid1
2/21/2011, 08:45 PM
It's pretty lame if they're doing this just to make themselves look better after the DUI incident. If it's because they want to, though, good for them.

Dont worry, i make sure they get the message.

2/21/2011, 08:45 PM
It's pretty lame if they're doing this just to make themselves look better after the DUI incident. If it's because they want to, though, good for them.They went to watch Landry's back side. If he should encounter problems over in Haiti, it would be a shame to have to break in a new QB.

goingoneight
2/21/2011, 08:51 PM
I often get the sense ESPN tries to one-up themselves with which team has the best do-gooder...or the most do-gooders. It almost seems now that true humanitarian good deeds are only now done in front of the ESPN camera's as to catch every ounce of emotion.

True, but I'd rather hear about a whole team of do-gooders than a guy who got arrested for armed robbery or GTA and still played without even a suspension.

SOFSooner
2/22/2011, 08:47 AM
I spent 6 months in Haiti in 1999, I saw the pictures of Port-au-Prince after the earthquake and believe it or not the only difference that I saw from when I was there is the Presidential Palace (which our Marines built in the 1920's or 30's) being damaged. Other soldiers that have been there also made this same observation. I applaud the thought and the effort, but it is like a big dark hole there. The good work that the guys and girls from OU does there will disappear in a short amount of time.

janderson255
2/22/2011, 09:05 AM
Maybe a good kicker?

2/22/2011, 09:43 AM
Because every football team needs a bunch of professional boxers on the roster?You can't jump the mental gap from boxer to athlete to football player?