PDA

View Full Version : Guns on Campus

OU Engineer
2/21/2011, 12:45 PM
Lets hear it SF, do you think licensed Concealed Weapons holders should be allowed to carry on the campus of the University of Oklahoma?

:pop:

87sooner
2/21/2011, 12:47 PM
yes

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2011, 12:48 PM
Yes. Absolutely.

yermom
2/21/2011, 12:57 PM
i'm not that clear on what the training is like, but i lean toward yes.

i do shudder to think what happens when the police roll up on a stand off with the gunman vs. the concealed permit holder though.

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2011, 01:03 PM

i do shudder to think what happens when the police roll up on a stand off with the gunman vs. the concealed permit holder though.

I don't imagine that situation would occur too often if ever.

The fact is, I can't think of a single instance of one of these mass shootings in which the Police responded quickly enough to save lives or stop the gunman. It didn't happen at Columbine, Va Tech, Arizona, or any other school shooting that I can think of. In every case, the police were unable to respond fast enough to do anything about the shooter and in every case that I can remember the shooter either shot himself or he was subdued by civillians.

I wouldn't walk around campus these days without being armed. A student can easily conceal a small handgun in the pocket of his or her backpack. Nobody has to know it's there and it should never be taken out unless it's needed. But, I would not want to sit there helplessly and just wait for some lunatic to put a bullet in my head.

olevetonahill
2/21/2011, 01:05 PM

Yes
Yermom
If and when the PoPos roll up The Licensed dude is gonna put down his/her weapon and get on the ground and let the PoPo figure the shat out.

But If theres a Gun man shootin and a CCL peeep pulls his/hers odds are only gonna be one of em standin by the time the PoPo finish their Do-nuts and show up:D

MR2-Sooner86
2/21/2011, 01:31 PM
Not just a yes but a F*CK YES! Not only that but allow teachers to carry like they're doing in the school district of Harrold, Texas.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/21/2011, 01:34 PM
They should allow ninjas.

If Joe Student is packin' a Glock, I should get to pack my nunchucks.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/21/2011, 01:39 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/191065/80432727.jpg

Soonrboy
2/21/2011, 01:45 PM
So, the students would have to store their guns in the dorm room or fraternity room?

No. Too many drunk stupid people living in those places.

Sooner5030
2/21/2011, 01:50 PM
at first I say hell no......too many times have I been in a chow line with some asshat's M9 pointed at my head because of his/her shoulder harness.

But then again.....if cops and criminals have them then every citizen should have the right to carry anywhere.....keep a level playing field and all.

SCOUT
2/21/2011, 01:52 PM
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I Am Right
2/21/2011, 01:54 PM
So, the students would have to store their guns in the dorm room or fraternity room?

No. Too many drunk stupid people living in those places.

Same place you store em now!

OUMallen
2/21/2011, 04:05 PM
I think so. Mainly because I don't see what the downside is.

GKeeper316
2/21/2011, 04:09 PM
Lets hear it SF, do you think licensed Concealed Weapons holders should be allowed to carry on the campus of the University of Oklahoma?

:pop:

no.

i'm for every ****in body being allowed to carry a concealed weapon, everywhere they go.

i don't give a **** if he's insane, or a convicted felon. everyone should be armed.

why you ask?

because the safety of kids is subordinate to the interest of liberty.

pphilfran
2/21/2011, 04:10 PM
No...not on campus...

KABOOKIE
2/21/2011, 04:40 PM
Only criminals are allowed to carry guns on campus.

Penguin
2/21/2011, 04:41 PM
George Washington died at Pearl Harbor defending our 2nd amendment right to carry guns any crazy *** place we want.

KABOOKIE
2/21/2011, 04:46 PM
We are talking about rights afforded to law abiding citizen's right?

pphilfran
2/21/2011, 04:49 PM
We are talking about rights afforded to law abiding citizen's right?

There can and should be restrictions...guns in court? Can an employer ban weapons from the workplace?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/21/2011, 04:53 PM
Only criminals are allowed to carry guns on campus.

is Sic em a criminal when he carries a gun in his backpack?

C&CDean
2/21/2011, 04:58 PM
Why just a CCL holder? I've carried a weapon MANY times on campus. There might even be a weapon or three at the tailgates. Might not.

I just ain't real big on the whole CCL deal. If you're facing off with a perp who gives a **** whether you're legal or not? You shoot his *** with a CCL or without a CCL and there's no difference. All a CCL does is allow you to CARRY the firearm legally. It does not address actually using the weapon.

I ain't ever getting a CCL. Just one more way for the government to keep track of you, and someday, maybe even dog you a little bit when Obama or the next incarnation of Obama is the prez.

So yes, CCL holders AND law abiding citizens without CCLs should be able to carry on campus, at church, at the grocery store, and pretty much any other public place. If an employers decides it's a no no, OK, but only for employees. I cannot tell you the number of places with the little "no pistols" signs that I've carried in. That little sign ain't gonna stop some scumbag criminal so why should it stop me?

yermom
2/21/2011, 05:48 PM
i just don't have the balls Dean does :D

GKeeper316
2/21/2011, 05:49 PM
i just don't have the balls Dean does :D

few men do... few men do.

olevetonahill
2/21/2011, 06:15 PM
Why just a CCL holder? I've carried a weapon MANY times on campus. There might even be a weapon or three at the tailgates. Might not.

I just ain't real big on the whole CCL deal. If you're facing off with a perp who gives a **** whether you're legal or not? You shoot his *** with a CCL or without a CCL and there's no difference. All a CCL does is allow you to CARRY the firearm legally. It does not address actually using the weapon.

I ain't ever getting a CCL. Just one more way for the government to keep track of you, and someday, maybe even dog you a little bit when Obama or the next incarnation of Obama is the prez.

So yes, CCL holders AND law abiding citizens without CCLs should be able to carry on campus, at church, at the grocery store, and pretty much any other public place. If an employers decides it's a no no, OK, but only for employees. I cannot tell you the number of places with the little "no pistols" signs that I've carried in. That little sign ain't gonna stop some scumbag criminal so why should it stop me?

Heh, I went fishin a few years ago and when I came back I stopped at the Bank to take care of some stuff, Got back to my truck and remembered I had a 357 in My back pocket.
No one said a werd , Just Hey vet how ya doing today.:cool:

KABOOKIE
2/21/2011, 06:18 PM
is Sic em a criminal when he carries a gun in his backpack?

According to liberals anyone who owns a gun is a criminal.

delhalew
2/21/2011, 06:27 PM
My only worry is getting caught carrying without a permit can make it harder to buy firearms.

MR2-Sooner86
2/21/2011, 08:31 PM
Guns kick ***.

If you disagree, you're a vagina. A herpes infected vagina...with AIDS.

soonerinkaty
2/21/2011, 08:32 PM
I always stay strapped.

GKeeper316
2/21/2011, 09:22 PM
According to liberals anyone who owns a gun is a criminal.

i'm a liberal. i think we need more guns.

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 09:28 PM
Guns everywhere!
Fewer lawyers; fewer court cases being appealed.....appealed.....!

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 09:32 PM
George Washington died at Pearl Harbor defending our 2nd amendment right to carry guns any crazy *** place we want.

Yes! Washington shot every Pot smoker he ran into.
That's how his boat sank at Pearl's Harbor; "dang....I missed again"!
:D

AlboSooner
2/21/2011, 09:39 PM
Guns everywhere!
Fewer lawyers; fewer court cases being appealed.....appealed.....!

I agree with this. Since my young days which I spent mostly watching Marion...I mean John Wayne bringing justice to all kinds of fools, I have wished many times we lived in the Wild West. Forsaking the Wild West methods has been our great downfall. If somebody talks trash to you, you should be able to ask him to duel you in the middle of town without fear of going to jail. There aren't any problems that the gun can't solve. Just ask Africa.

Curly Bill
2/21/2011, 10:49 PM
Absolutely, qualified students should be able to carry on campus. Being a sitting duck sucks.

MR2-Sooner86
2/21/2011, 10:51 PM
i'm a liberal.

You're not a liberal. You just think you're a liberal. If you were a real liberal you'd be shot and hung from the capital in OKC :D

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/21/2011, 11:01 PM
i'm a liberal. i think we need more guns.
This