PDA

View Full Version : Very, very early 2011 schedule predicitions & thoughts

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/20/2011, 01:53 PM
If you mods want to merge this with the 2011 schedule go for it, but I have been doing a little research and thought I would share some thoughts and predictions for this upcoming season. I will try to be as realistic as possible and give reasons why I believe what I believe. I'll let the crazy delusions happen on okie lite boards.

9/3 Tulsa - 85% WIN

Tulsa lost their coach after an impressive 10-3 season. GJ Kinne is a very good QB and will most likely have a great year. Last season Tulsa's offense was ranked 5th in nation while their defense was ranked a measly 111th. Their offense will cause problems for a lot of teams but as you can see their defense is suspect but should improve a little. Being that this is the first game of the season I expect a sloppy game on both sides but OU should win fairly easily. OU by 14

9/17 at Florida State - 51% WIN

If OU fans and players were to circle a game on the schedule that is very critical to OU's chances of reaching a BCS or even the BCS title game this is it. FSU will most assuredly be a top 10 team with something to prove after being down so many years. Last season FSU came to Norman and got their arses handed to them so revenge will be on the minds of the players and coaches. This game realllly worries me for multiple reasons. FIRST, OU on the road except @ stoolwater hasn't been a walk in the park. SECOND, FSU did lose Ponder which will hurt their passing game but junior EJ Manuel was very highly recruited out of high school and is a duel threat QB who is pretty accurate to boot. and THIRD, like I mentioned earlier, FSU has revenge on their mind. This will be a tough game I promise you. OU by 2

9/24 Missouri - 75% WIN

Mizzou lost Blain Gabbart to the NFL. Honestly, I don't know a ton about their depth at the position but James Franklin will probably end up being their guy. When he was recruited he was ranked the 4th best dual threat guy so he will be tough to handle at times, but it seems OU is getting better at corralling dual threat guys. The game is in Norman and like FSU, OU will be out for revenge. If OU does lose to FSU this game might be a tad different. That being said OU by 14

10/1 Ball State - 99% WIN

Ball State won 2 games last season. I'm pretty sure they got a new coach so OU should put up huge numbers. OU by 14+

10/8 vs Texas - 70% WIN

I honestly don't have a ton to write about this game. They have a brand new coaching staff excluding Smack and will have a different scheme. Let's hope Gilbert Grape is still behind center for this game! Although they did recruit Malcolm Brown to be their feature RB I'm not sure how much of a threat he will be because their team needs time to adjust to new systems, coaches, etc...Make no mistake the game will be tough but you don't mess with a streak so let's hope OU can get a streak going with this game. OU by 10

10/15 at Kansas - 80% WIN

A road game, but Kansas hasn't been the same since Mangino left. Turner Gill will be pretty good some day but KU isn't exactly a hot spot for star football players to go so I don't expect much of a game from this one. OU by 12

10/22 Texas Tech - 80% WIN

I met Tommy Tubberville a few weeks ago and the guy is very likable so I understand how he is getting good recruits there. However, the game is in Norman for the second straight year and will be a pretty easy win I believe. Tech will have some pretty good players without a doubt and will get better but they do have some uncertainty at the QB position which leads me to say...OU by 12

10/29 at Kansas State - 72.3% WIN

Manhattan, KS. One of the worst places in the history of the world. I don't like playing Bill Snyder teams. The guy is a weasel and weasels his way into beating teams he has no business beating. Thankfully, OU knows his system pretty well...BUT Snyder knows our system pretty well too. So basically it comes down to players so I am taking...OU by 9

11/5 Texas A&M - 70% WIN

Ryan Tannehill...your time is up my friend. LSU exposed your arse and hopefully gave teams a fairly decent blue print on how to defend aTm. However, aTm will still be a very good team with skill players on both sides of the ball. Von Miller is gone (thank God) but a few players on the offensive side of the ball to return which should make aTm a very dangerous team again. This should be an entertaining game that will stroke a few of us out at times but OU pulls away late...OU by 10

11/12 Iowa State - 90% WIN

I love Paul Rhoades. He is a super, super nice guy BUT...I State will lose this one by a lot. OU by 14+

11/19 at Baylor - 69.7% WIN

Two words...Robert Griffin. The dude is good. I hear on local radio that his passing has improved after his knee injury much like our own Jason White's did after his injury. I am certainly not making the case that they are equal but their stories are kinda similar. Baylor is getting better each year and will probably have a pretty good year this season and go back to a bowl. However, their defense is still suspect so that makes me think a win is pretty certain. OU by 8

11/26 at Oklahoma State - 61% WIN

Ahhh...okie lite...puke state...Boone St....sheep humpers...etc whatever you want to call them. Some of us including myself feel sorry for them. They are without a doubt the best team in the Big12 ...in JUNE. Well back to the game. Obviously Blackmon and his Uncle Weeden are back in town for another year of almost getting there, but in all seriousness I think the pokes have a pretty good team this season. They should make some noise early on but will be put in place by someone they shouldn't have lost to. The defense will be better but still give up the big plays that we are used to seeing. The game in Stoolwater and there won't be the Big12 title on the line for them, but as always it will be their Super Bowl and will play good but not good enough. OU by 7

Now for some predictions.

- Travis Lewis and Ryan Broyles will be 1st team All American
- OU will have a legit threat at TE this season. Probably Haywood
- Trey Metoyer will have at least 2 TD's
- Trey Franks will emerge as the heir apparent to Broyles
- Brandon Williams will have 3 rushing TD's
- The RB order will be - Finch, Miller, Calhoun, Clay, Williams
- One QB will transfer
- One RB will transfer
- Dejuan Miller will be the biggest surprise of the season
- Justin McCay will get limited PT
- The secondary will have multiple Big12 first teamers

Memtig14
2/20/2011, 02:12 PM
Pretty controversial stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Looks good to me.

agoo758
2/20/2011, 05:38 PM
10/29 at Kansas State - 72.3% WIN

Manhattan, KS. One of the worst places in the history of the world. I don't like playing Bill Snyder teams. The guy is a weasel and weasels his way into beating teams he has no business beating. Thankfully, OU knows his system pretty well...BUT Snyder knows our system pretty well too. So basically it comes down to players so I am taking...OU by 9

I will never for the life of me understand the Snyder hate on this board.

yankee
2/20/2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, we're definitely going to have more than 2 blowout wins....

Always_Sooner
2/20/2011, 06:34 PM
I like the OU vs. FSU prediction, but I think OU will win, and I like their chance by a little more than 51%. I like OU 31-20 in that game.

Dwight
2/20/2011, 07:02 PM
13-0

Mike Stoops
2/20/2011, 07:50 PM
Okie State could be downright deadly if they ever fielded a decent defense. Even teams like Houston can walk into Sugar Daddy World and hang half a hundred.

Salt City Sooner
2/20/2011, 07:56 PM
OU will have a legit threat at TE this season.
Hanna had the 2nd most receiving TD's last year behind Broyles. He & Ratterree combined for just under 500 yds. & 8 scores (7 by JH). Not Gresham territory mind you, but not bad either, especially when you consider how much they went to Broyles. Their catch total wasn't anything to write home about, but to me, that's more of a matter of not getting your number called moreso than an indictment of their abilities, especially in the case of Hanna. He looked more than capable when they went to him.

oudivesherpa
2/20/2011, 08:11 PM
I think the FSU game will be the make or break game of the year. FSU had a top 5 recruiting class this year and the game should be a National game of the week. Would not suprise me if the game is moved to 7PM eastern time.

Big D Sooner
2/20/2011, 08:54 PM
I think Texas will be better this year. I would give them the same odds as OSU. Also, the Baylor game is in Norman and I don't think even Robert Griffin can keep that one close.
Overall, though, well done.

KBoomer11
2/20/2011, 09:09 PM
Good list, except every home game should be 100%.

silverwheels
2/20/2011, 09:10 PM
I think Texas will be better this year. I would give them the same odds as OSU. Also, the Baylor game is in Norman and I don't think even Robert Griffin can keep that one close.
Overall, though, well done.

Actually, we go to Waco again.

roy22forheisman
2/20/2011, 09:16 PM
jeez we are stacked broyles,stills,miller,franks,metoyer,mccay,hanna,h aywood,finch,j.miller,calhoun, clay,williams, wegher, and millard.................ya i think landrys got some toys to play with.....

Football Jim
2/20/2011, 09:23 PM
I like KSU 's old school (literally) coach. He should go down as one of the best coaches of the late 20th century. His time may have passed, but then again, he is a crafty old goat.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/20/2011, 09:47 PM
Missouri is going to feel like a stand-in for the basement scene of Pulp Fiction if you catch my drift...so I think 75% is a little low for the Missouri game. I'm thinking scene similar to Texas Tech's last couple trips to Norman.

Soonerson1975
2/20/2011, 09:53 PM
My heart tells me 12-0, my head says 10-2.

CrimsonJim
2/20/2011, 10:17 PM
I will never for the life of me understand the Snyder hate on this board.

Only because he sends his defense head hunting for opposing teams quarterbacks. Other than that he's a stand up guy. ;)

melrosebeach
2/21/2011, 12:43 AM
- One QB will transfer

Let me guess...Bell??

Blue
2/21/2011, 12:56 AM
I'm also looking for Dejuan miller to break out.

JLEW1818
2/21/2011, 01:27 AM
Let me guess...Bell??

Bell ain't going anywhere...

Drew possibly

Big D Sooner
2/21/2011, 06:22 AM
Actually, we go to Waco again.

My bad, thanks though.

I love how Ball State was given a 1% chance of winning. I don't think that I would even give them that.

MI Sooner
2/21/2011, 02:20 PM
If you add up the wins, you get around 9. I think the Vegas o/u will be 10.5, so I think some of the percentages are spittle low (or Vegas is off, or my estimate of vegas's line is off).

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/21/2011, 03:04 PM
My bad, thanks though.

I love how Ball State was given a 1% chance of winning. I don't think that I would even give them that.

I don't like giving out that magic 100% number.