PDA

View Full Version : Fake doctors notices.

MamaMia
2/20/2011, 04:43 AM
Isnt that fraud?

Looks like the protesters are getting fake doctors notices right there at the protest site. The pro Walker folks are coming out now as well.

MADISON, Wis. — A state Capitol thrown into political chaos swelled for a fifth day with nearly 70,000 protesters, as supporters of Republican efforts to scrap the union rights of state workers challenged pro-labor protesters face-to-face for the first time and GOP leaders insisted again Saturday there was no room for compromise.

A few dozen police officers stood between supporters of Republican Gov. Scott Walker on the muddy east lawn of the Capitol and the much larger group of pro-labor demonstrators who surrounded them. The protest was peaceful as both sides exchanged chants of "Pass the bill! Pass the bill!" and "Kill the bill! Kill the bill!"

"Go home!" union supporters yelled at Scott Lemke, a 46-year-old machine parts salesman from Cedarburg who wore a hard hat and carried a sign that read "If you don't like it, quit" on one side, and "If you don't like that, try you're fired" on the other.

The Wisconsin governor, elected in November's GOP wave that also gave control of the state Assembly and Senate to Republicans, set off the protests earlier this week by pushing ahead with a measure that would require government workers to contribute more to their health care and pension costs and largely eliminate their collective bargaining rights.

He says the concessions are needed to deal with the state's projected $3.6 billion budget shortfall and to avoid layoffs of government workers.

"We did have an election and Scott Walker won," said Deborah Arndt, 53, of Sheboygan Falls. "I think our governor will stand strong. I have faith in him."

At a rally organized by Tea Party Patriots, the movement's largest umbrella group, and Americans for Prosperity, supporters of Walker carried signs with a fresh set of messages: "Your Gravy Train Is Over . . . Welcome to the Recession" and "Sorry, we're late Scott. We work for a living."

"We pay the bills!" tea party favorite Herman Cain yelled to cheers from the pro-Walker crowd. "This is why you elected Scott Walker. and he's doing his job. . . . Wisconsin is broke. My question for the other side is, 'What part of broke don't you understand?'"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/wisconsin.jpg
Protesters gather outside the state Capitol in Madison, Wis. on Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011. A few dozen police officers stood between supporters of Republican Gov. Scott Walker on the muddy east lawn of the Capitol and the much larger group of pro-labor demonstrators who surrounded them. The protest was peaceful as both sides exchanged chants of “Pass the bill! Pass the bill!” and “Kill the bill! Kill the bill!” The Wisconsin governor, elected in November’s GOP wave that also gave control of the state Assembly and Senate to Republicans, set off the protests earlier this week by pushing ahead with a measure that would require government workers to contribute more to their health care and pension costs and largely eliminate their collective bargaining rights. / Andy Manis/AP

http://www.freep.com/article/20110219/NEWS01/110219016/1285/news15

GKeeper316
2/20/2011, 05:22 AM
sure, but what are they going to do about it? spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions, prosecuting a bunch of teachers for calling in sick when they weren't? if wisconsin is really that broke, they have much more important things to be spending money on.

AlbqSooner
2/20/2011, 08:00 AM
It is called payroll fraud. The Pueblo for which i work fired a lady for this several years ago. She happened to be the wife of the then Governor of the Pueblo.

tcrb
2/20/2011, 10:06 AM
sure, but what are they going to do about it? spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions, prosecuting a bunch of teachers for calling in sick when they weren't? if wisconsin is really that broke, they have much more important things to be spending money on.

There's no need to prosecute anyone. Firing them for fraud would be sufficient.

Breadburner
2/20/2011, 10:09 AM
There's no need to prosecute anyone. Firing them for fraud would be sufficient.

Bingooooooo..........!!!!!

soonercruiser
2/20/2011, 02:18 PM
I sent a few e-mails to the Gov. and Wisconsin Medical Board.
The doctor(s) who are handing out fake sick slips are not meeting the minimal std of care. They would be required to be patients of record for that provider; or have gotten at least a cursory exam with temp and BP to make an accurate dignosis. (That would require action by the medical board)

And, if they were not doctors, they should be prosecuted for practicing without a license.
Just sayin', that's the law!

sooner59
2/20/2011, 03:36 PM
I sent a few e-mails to the Gov. and Wisconsin Medical Board.
The doctor(s) who are handing out fake sick slips are not meeting the minimal std of care. They would be required to be patients of record for that provider; or have gotten at least a cursory exam with temp and BP to make an accurate dignosis. (That would require action by the medical board)

And, if they were not doctors, they should be prosecuted for practicing without a license.
Just sayin', that's the law!

Agreed.

sheepdogs
2/20/2011, 04:09 PM
I find it rather amazing that these people can be so selfish and have a real chance to set and lead by example, but will in the end do anything but. Isn't Canada near by? Let them switch to Molson's.

StoopTroup
2/20/2011, 04:39 PM
Some of you sure seem to have strong opinions about this...to bad firing them won't work. Maybe one day you'll realize that it's not how you think it is.

Mark my words...even if some of them are fired, I have little faith that it will stick. Smart people don't start making things worse when trying to negotiate. Those that might get fired will more than likely get their jobs back once this is over.

Welcome to the real World.

Firing them would be about like arresting a California Pot Smoker that has a medical Marijuana Card because his Doctor misdiagnosed his illness.

badger
2/20/2011, 08:13 PM
My guess is that someone is going to acquire one of these fake notes at Madison, scan it then e-mail it to every district in the state, saying "if your teacher give you one of these, it's a fake."

Because there's some family b-days this week, I got the chance to talk to a few people who know Wisconsin a lot better than I do.

Me: Their only other option than benefit and pay cut is layoffs, right? I mean, they aren't going to raise taxes because taxes are already pretty high... were taxes high in Wisconsin?

Parents in unison: YES!

Me: Hehe, had to ask, because I never paid taxes up there. :)

It's apparently property taxes that are real killer, not the sales and income taxes that I would have been subjected to as a teen non-property owning badger.

As for whether firing them will work or not, can't this also be something that they go to jail over? Forged medical documents? Hard to keep a teaching job if you're in prison, amirite?

soonercruiser
2/20/2011, 09:10 PM
Will the Pot smoking posters ..Please sign in!
:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
2/20/2011, 10:44 PM

I don't think anyone is suggesting Wisconsin will actually go after the teachers as a criminal matter. But it is highly unprofessional and sets a bad example. How can any teacher who pulls this stunt ever complain about a student doing it, or even cheating on a test?

Sure it is enticing to pull fraudulent stunts to get what you want. Not doing so requires ethics and a sense of responsibility. These teachers don't have it and therefore shouldn't be teaching.

How could one defend a teacher who does this? He wasn't sick and brought in a fake doctor's note. What defense is there?

Why anyone would write a fake doctor's note for a teacher I have no idea unless they are doing it for pay. Regardless, if it's a doctor he is terminally stupid.

MamaMia
2/21/2011, 02:12 PM
On the news there was a reporter who actually was given a business card by one of the fake note writing doctors. Seems to me like they're drumming up business.

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2011, 02:14 PM
On the news there was a reporter who actually was given a business card by one of the fake note writing doctors. Seems to me like they're drumming up business.

Integrity vanishes.

badger
2/21/2011, 02:21 PM
Enjoy:
zjFbMDp5Pg8

Also, it would not shock me in the least if at least one teacher was punked by a fake doctor and it turns out that some of the fake doctor notes are fake themselves.

The doctor in that video above must be getting floods of e-mails, because that video is making its rounds on national news, I think.

GKeeper316
2/21/2011, 02:32 PM
ya cus i'm sure nobody that posts on this board, either in the public or private sector, has ever called in sick to work when they prioritized something else over work for a few days. never happened. ever.

pphilfran
2/21/2011, 03:19 PM
ya cus i'm sure nobody that posts on this board, either in the public or private sector, has ever called in sick to work when they prioritized something else over work for a few days. never happened. ever.

Termination should be based on each individuals past performance...It kinda depends on a persons work history...miss a bunch of work and then call off and use a fake note? You fired...

pphilfran
2/21/2011, 03:28 PM
The doctors, if they really are doctors, should get their tits in a ringer...

Their place is not to write fake passes or to support the union workers....

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2011, 03:31 PM

If I miss a day of teaching, then I have to be very sick. I can only remember having a colleague fill in for me on maybe a half dozen occasions.

I certainly wouldn't call in sick to travel on a protest, and under no circumstances would I write a sick note for someone else (if I was a doctor).

Why? I have many students in class that struggle and need my help. Why would I ditch them?

SCOUT
2/21/2011, 03:34 PM
If I miss a day of teaching, then I have to be very sick. I can only remember having a colleague fill in for me on maybe a half dozen occasions.

I certainly wouldn't call in sick to travel on a protest, and under no circumstances would I write a sick note for someone else (if I was a doctor).

Why? I have many students in class that struggle and need my help. Why would I ditch them?

To try to avoid paying for your own retirement?

pphilfran
2/21/2011, 03:39 PM
To try to avoid paying for your own retirement?

I see nothing wrong with paying for your own retirement...

MamaMia
2/21/2011, 03:58 PM
The companies or government entities that the union members work for should offer a plan that is comparable to that of the private sector in that particular state. They could very easily gather that information on a bi-yearly basis and adjust it accordingly. Then, like the rest of us, they should supplement their retirement on their own.

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 04:01 PM

NEVER!
And I call an a**hole anyone who ASSumes that someone else doesn't have more intergrity than they do themselves!

In the military I did call in a few times to my supervisor when I had a family emergency. I would ask, "I have an urgent emergency. Can you do without me today, and I will fill out the paperwork for a leave day when I return". That's how it's done! Not fake sickness!

One must choose between darkness and light!
And, it seems the unions and Demoncrats choose darkness many years ago.

sheepdogs
2/21/2011, 04:22 PM

Calling in sick differs from having a doctor sign a piece of paper excusing you from work when both parties involved know there is no illness involved. Those that have an illegitimate document should either rip up the document or have the document legitimized. If there are those that want the document legitimized then I'm sure they could find someone who will drag them behind a shed and knock the living crap out of them to such a degree that they won't be able to make it to work. End of story.

badger
2/21/2011, 04:48 PM
I really wish that we could talk about my birthplace state for many other fun reasons - ice fishing, the Packers, deer hunting - but I'll take anything I can get on an OU message board.

The update today is that the University of Wisconsin medical school, probably realizing that fake doctor's notes would reflect badly on all doctors in the state and their medical school, is launching an investigation into the fake notes.

UW is adamant that the doctors acted on their own accord and were not there on behalf of the school. I see no reason why UW would partake in this protest in this manner, especially since their school relies greatly on funding from the government, so I believe UW.

I think the protesters are starting to realize their efforts are time consuming and futile. They're going to return to work soon, nobody can afford to continue protesting forever, even with sick days (with or without doctor notes). Nobody has unlimited sick days, not even unionized Wisconsin teachers. They're eventually they're going to have to take unpaid leave of absences to keep this up.

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2011, 05:10 PM
I really wish that we could talk about my birthplace state for many other fun reasons - ice fishing, the Packers, deer hunting - but I'll take anything I can get on an OU message board.

The update today is that the University of Wisconsin medical school, probably realizing that fake doctor's notes would reflect badly on all doctors in the state and their medical school, is launching an investigation into the fake notes.

UW is adamant that the doctors acted on their own accord and were not there on behalf of the school. I see no reason why UW would partake in this protest in this manner, especially since their school relies greatly on funding from the government, so I believe UW.

I think the protesters are starting to realize their efforts are time consuming and futile. They're going to return to work soon, nobody can afford to continue protesting forever, even with sick days (with or without doctor notes). Nobody has unlimited sick days, not even unionized Wisconsin teachers. They're eventually they're going to have to take unpaid leave of absences to keep this up.

In the meantime their students fall further and further behind.

badger
2/21/2011, 05:20 PM
In the meantime their students fall further and further behind.

I still have you on ignore, LL, but I was curious what you wrote, so since you mentioned it- Wisconsin ranks pretty high in education, so the kiddos can afford a little time off. I think Oklahoma has 180 school days and Wisconsin has 188. This will almost make up the difference :D

I'm sure most of the kids love the break, while the parents stress over child card/babysitting during these off days.

Leroy Lizard
2/21/2011, 05:34 PM
I still have you on ignore, LL, but I was curious what you wrote, so since you mentioned it- Wisconsin ranks pretty high in education, so the kiddos can afford a little time off. I think Oklahoma has 180 school days and Wisconsin has 188. This will almost make up the difference :D

I'm sure most of the kids love the break, while the parents stress over child card/babysitting during these off days.

She has me on ignore, but she wants to see my response.

WTF?

Bourbon St Sooner
2/21/2011, 05:56 PM
What strikes me is the number of people out there. I mean, this is only a fraction of the state workers and look how many there are. We're well on our way to becoming Greece.

delhalew
2/21/2011, 06:17 PM
What strikes me is the number of people out there. I mean, this is only a fraction of the state workers and look how many there are. We're well on our way to becoming Greece.

No one in this country or any other is better at organizing and sowing unrest than unions. They have huge war chests due to decades of bleeding the American worker.

badger
2/21/2011, 06:38 PM
We're well on our way to becoming Greece.

Greece was in free-spend mode for a very long time, it was kind of a wtf moment for them to blame Germany and WW2 when these financial issues became such a major story, worries that those silly Greeks would sink the almighty Euro.

Seriously - the Greeks wanted Germany to bail them out as past-overdue reparations for the damages done to Greece in World War II.

MamaMia
2/21/2011, 07:16 PM
Dear Wisconsin union blood suckers,

What part of "The state is too broke to pay for crap the Dem's have promised you, so that they may stay in office, do you not understand? STFU and go back to work.

Sincerely,
Wisconsin Tax Payer

:D

Oh...and for the record, I have only called in sick once when I wasn't, but I later confessed.

olevetonahill
2/21/2011, 07:29 PM

Why? I have many students in class that struggle and need help. Why would I ditch them?

Uh Limptard, Maybe to give em a chance.:D

soonercruiser
2/21/2011, 08:55 PM

And, I figure it's time for the Gov. to start docking the pay of the no-show Demoncratic legislators.

badger
2/21/2011, 08:59 PM
Just like Oklahoma, Wisconsin once had strong Democrat majorities (even though northern Dems are different from southern Dems). Just like Oklahoma's, Wisconsin's Dems blew it. It wasn't David Walters style corruption or anything, but it was enough for the majority of the state to vote 'em out, because unlike Oklahoma, Wisconsin doesn't term-limit its legislators. They either retire or get thrown out.

They don't need to dock the pay of the no-show Dems. Right about now, the governor and others are probably combing the state laws to see if there's something they can do that's gonna sting more than docked pay. Keep your pay, elected officials. You're gonna be paying for this crap the next time voters hold you accountable at the polls :(