PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Picks are made off of

oudavid1
2/19/2011, 06:01 PM
Players. Not coaches.

With the players we had coming back, we were picked to finish near the bottom of the Big 12.

And right now, we will.

I dont put all the blame on Capel.

Im not giving up on him yet.

sooner518
2/19/2011, 06:01 PM
GDC is gonna neg-jihad you.

OUmillenium
2/20/2011, 04:25 PM
ok, i will blame him...since he recruited those same players. Still haven't taken that free online logic for failbots class i see. just kidding, Capel needs another year and a few stud players to get us back in the mix

Eielson
2/20/2011, 05:19 PM
If Osby is as good as advertised, I'm fully-expecting a return to the NCAA's next year.

the_ouskull
2/20/2011, 09:20 PM
Has anybody involved with the program in the past couple of years been as good as advertised?

Also, I heard a stat I'd yet to hear yesterday. Capel has coached at OU for five years. He's missed the NCAA's for three of those. Blake was here for the other two. Hmm. (Wait, is that right? Eh, I'm not going to check it...)

the_ouskull

kevpks
2/20/2011, 10:05 PM
Has anybody involved with the program in the past couple of years been as good as advertised?

Also, I heard a stat I'd yet to hear yesterday. Capel has coached at OU for five years. He's missed the NCAA's for three of those. Blake was here for the other two. Hmm. (Wait, is that right? Eh, I'm not going to check it...)

the_ouskull

I am a Capel supporter. I think the guy will turn it around and make this a top program again. However, for me, Capel has next year. If we don't make a tournament I will turn on him with the blazing fury of a thousand suns.

Soonerjeepman
2/20/2011, 11:32 PM
guess I don't understand the "I'm not blaming Capel" logic...he recruited ALL the guys..the crappers from last yr and then had to go offer 9 guys...prob about 4 of those shouldn't be playing for a major D1 team...

again...the Osby...ok so he is tearing it up AGAINST THE STARTERS THIS YR...who are like 4-8 and 12-14...

not tryin to be a downer just not going to get all excited....we'll see...

bigfatjerk
2/21/2011, 10:43 AM
guess I don't understand the "I'm not blaming Capel" logic...he recruited ALL the guys..the crappers from last yr and then had to go offer 9 guys...prob about 4 of those shouldn't be playing for a major D1 team...

again...the Osby...ok so he is tearing it up AGAINST THE STARTERS THIS YR...who are like 4-8 and 12-14...

not tryin to be a downer just not going to get all excited....we'll see...

Exactly, although Jeff has been saying the best player OU's played all year is Osby. Why was he a backup at a middle of the road SEC team?

oudavid1
2/21/2011, 12:07 PM
The whole team is not where it needs to be. The way i see it, Capel is the best coach we could have right now.

Blue
2/21/2011, 04:30 PM
The whole team is not where it needs to be. The way i see it, Capel is the best coach we could have right now.

And thats just like...your opinion, man. Really there is no possible way to know that.