PDA

View Full Version : I Have a New Calling

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 09:22 PM
Screw the teaching! Screw the publishing! I want to DJ!

HdFlFxJFnfY

pOLcS4uZ3QU

Mongo
2/18/2011, 09:27 PM
If you think the horseface avatar you are sporting makes good music, then you shouldnt make music

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 09:34 PM
Nina Hagen is awesome, one of the pioneers of punk. WTF are you talking about?

Let me guess: You're a Paul Simon fan?

sooner59
2/18/2011, 09:36 PM
DJ Leroy Lizzy? Hmm...

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 09:41 PM
DJ Leroy Lizzy? Hmm...

Those names are out of style now. I'm thinking of something that hearkens back to my math teaching -- Group Theory. Pretty cool, heh? (I'll get a lot of chicks with a cool name like Group Theory.)

olevetonahill
2/18/2011, 09:48 PM
DJ Leroy Lizzy? Hmm...

BJ Limptard ?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2011, 09:52 PM
Those names are out of style now. I'm thinking of something that hearkens back to my math teaching -- Group Theory. Pretty cool, heh? (I'll get a lot of chicks with a cool name like Group Theory.)

<{0}, +>

Rock on.

Mongo
2/18/2011, 10:11 PM
Nina Hagen is awesome, one of the pioneers of punk. WTF are you talking about?

Let me guess: You're a Paul Simon fan?

Nope

soonerscuba
2/18/2011, 10:13 PM
If you don't like Paul Simon, you can go **** yourself.

JohnnyMack
2/18/2011, 10:21 PM
Nina Hagen is a piece of crap.

THE-JROD
2/18/2011, 10:27 PM
Limp dick....

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 10:52 PM
If you don't like Paul Simon, you can go **** yourself.

http://www.thebscorner.com/archives/021809_OLD_FART.jpg

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 10:53 PM
Nina Hagen is a piece of crap.

She'll never be able to knock your ABBA collection off the shelf, if that's what you mean.

KC//CRIMSON
2/18/2011, 10:59 PM
Limp dick....

You probably hear that a lot.

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 11:20 PM
Great. The village idiot just showed up.

KC//CRIMSON
2/18/2011, 11:30 PM
Great. The village idiot just showed up.

That's impossible. You've been here most of the night.

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 11:31 PM
That's impossible. You've been here most of the night.

Okay, dude. Whatever. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
2/18/2011, 11:36 PM
A good portion of us have seen the bands that most of the punks stole their music from. Again just more proof (like we needed anymore) that you are just someone who thinks being odd is what makes the World really cool. What makes the World cool is knowing when one fad ends and another starts.

JohnnyMack
2/18/2011, 11:49 PM
She'll never be able to knock your ABBA collection off the shelf, if that's what you mean.

ABBA sucks.

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 11:58 PM
A good portion of us have seen the bands that most of the punks stole their music from.

How about some examples of what you are talking about. For example, one of my favorite bands is The Ramones. Love 'em. Who did they steal their music from that, in turn, didn't steal their music from someone else?

Again just more proof (like we needed anymore) that you are just someone who thinks being odd is what makes the World really cool. What makes the World cool is knowing when one fad ends and another starts.

Who stole from whom is pointless. Did Led Zeppelin lift some of their material from some aging, talentless blues guitarists? Sure. Who cares? (Sure, the blues guitarists care, but that's their problem. And they probably lifted it from someone else.)

There are very few originators in music. Most of the stuff you probably listen to is highly derivative, especially if you are into that "My Baby Left Me" blues crap. (shudder) Yeah, uncreative music will be around forever, just like Wal-Mart will probably be around forever. There will always be a market for vanilla.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:01 AM
BTW, the stuff you call a fad is mostly younger people trying out some new ideas. A lot of it won't hang around because the younger set is always seeking new sounds.

Now, that swing craze that went on in the 80s was truly wretched. That wasn't a new sound, but an attempt to regurgitate crap from an earlier era. I'm not talking about that.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:03 AM
ABBA sucks.

Let me guess: Blues?

StoopTroup
2/19/2011, 12:03 AM
You continue to make my point. Hilarious yet still sad.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:06 AM
You continue to make my point. Hilarious yet still sad.

You didn't answer my question.

JohnnyMack
2/19/2011, 12:13 AM
Let me guess: Blues?

Right now?

Radiohead's new album
Mumford and Sons
Ray Lamontagne
John Mayer's live album
David Gray

And I'm trying to figure out Arcade Fire

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/19/2011, 12:13 AM
...Wal-Mart will probably be around forever. There will always be a market for inexpensive items...[/QUOTE]Really?

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:18 AM
Right now?

Radiohead's new album
Mumford and Sons
Ray Lamontagne
John Mayer's live album
David Gray

And I'm trying to figure out Arcade Fire

Very underwhelming, dude. (You must watch the Grammies to get your playlist ideas.)

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:19 AM
...Wal-Mart will probably be around forever. There will always be a market for inexpensive items...Really?[/QUOTE]

:confused:

KC//CRIMSON
2/19/2011, 12:21 AM
Very underwhelming, dude.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:22 AM

Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2011, 12:25 AM
Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Most people say you are a ****ing idiot. Most people are right.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:29 AM
Most people say you are a ****ing idiot. Most people are right.

Did I hurt your feelings over a stupid music argument?

Get some sleep.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/19/2011, 12:43 AM
Really?

:confused:[/QUOTE]What makes Wal-Mart "vanilla", rather than cheap or inexpensive?

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2011, 12:48 AM
Did I hurt your feelings over a stupid music argument?

Get some sleep.

My feelers weren't hurt when you questioned my Grandpas decision to leave Holland because of Nazi Germany. What makes you think I care that much about music?

This site is better without you around. Plain and simple. Don't act surprised.

A Sooner in Texas
2/19/2011, 12:51 AM
Leroy thinks he's original and intellectual, and therefore superior to the rest of us. If his taste in music is any indication, I think the best description of him is sociopath.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:52 AM
My feelers weren't hurt when you questioned my Grandpas decision to leave Holland because of Nazi Germany.

Ha! Ha! I remember that one. You were pretty mad. :D

(For those who don't remember, I never really questioned your grandfather's decision to leave Holland. It was just a joke you took too seriously.)

JohnnyMack
2/19/2011, 12:52 AM
Very underwhelming, dude. (You must watch the Grammies to get your playlist ideas.)

Mumford and Sons is the only thing I've picked up recently. The rest of that stuff....oh nevermind....you like tranny glam rock. Why am I even talking about this with you?

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:54 AM
Leroy thinks he's original and intellectual, and therefore superior to the rest of us.

The "my music is better than yours" arrogance gets bandied around here by just about everyone.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:56 AM
Mumford and Sons is the only thing I've picked up recently. The rest of that stuff....oh nevermind....you like tranny glam rock.

As I said, the "my music is better than yours" arrogance gets bandied around by nearly everyone in here.

JohnnyMack
2/19/2011, 01:04 AM
I know your personality LL. A pseudo-elitist. It reminds me of another hobby of mine which is beer. I know a ton about it, have tried over 1500 different kinds of beers and along the way have met plenty of other people who are passionate about it. The ones I hate the most are the ones who either truly are beer snobs or even worse the ones who think they're beer snobs because they only drink Newcastle or some other dipsh1t beer. The truth is beer is beer. I'll drink anything from Natty Light to a smoked to a Belgian lambic. It's just beer. If I'm smoking ribs, Natty Light is perfectly acceptable to knock back on the porch while I shoot the **** with my friends and family. Many of my beer friends would sooner die from dehydration than drink something like that in fear of ruining their carefully constructed image. You're the same way with your music. You think it has to be different, that you need to be defined by your super esoteric taste in music, when in reality it makes you quite insufferable.

I also have an Ice Ice Baby channel on Pandora. Suck on that.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 01:15 AM
I know your personality LL. A pseudo-elitist. It reminds me of another hobby of mine which is beer. I know a ton about it, have tried over 1500 different kinds of beers and along the way have met plenty of other people who are passionate about it. The ones I hate the most are the ones who either truly are beer snobs or even worse the ones who think they're beer snobs because they only drink Newcastle or some other dipsh1t beer. The truth is beer is beer. I'll drink anything from Natty Light to a smoked to a Belgian lambic. It's just beer. If I'm smoking ribs, Natty Light is perfectly acceptable to knock back on the porch while I shoot the **** with my friends and family. Many of my beer friends would sooner die from dehydration than drink something like that in fear of ruining their carefully constructed image. You're the same way with your music. You think it has to be different, that you need to be defined by your super esoteric taste in music, when in reality it makes you quite insufferable.

I also have an Ice Ice Baby channel on Pandora. Suck on that.

I feel the same way as you about beer. But Coors is the best. Not Coors Light. Coors. Cold in the original bottle. The other beers can suck it. (I can drink 'em except for that Mickey's Big Mouth and Amstel Light. Brrrrrrr.)

And don't get me started on those wine snots. I just drink the stuff. As long as it hasn't turned to vinegar, I'm all good.

As for BBQ sauce... Kraft. I can get it real cheap and it tastes just fine. I love Kraft, especially their macaroni and cheese. And I love Chef Boyardee's raviolis.

Elitist? Not by a long shot. You haven't heard elitist until you have dealt with the classical and jazz snots. They are totally insufferable.

I wouldn't call my musical tastes super-esoteric. Well, maybe I would. :D

sooner ngintunr
2/19/2011, 01:18 AM
Ha! Ha! I remember that one. You were pretty mad. :D

(For those who don't remember, I never really questioned your grandfather's decision to leave Holland. It was just a joke you took too seriously.)

Funny how you remember it. I personally did not respond to your post about my Grandfather. Others did, and that was good enough for me.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 01:20 AM
Funny how you remember it. I personally did not respond to your post about my Grandfather. Others did, and that was good enough for me.

Sorry, but I don't have a photographic recall of the names of every poster that responded to my joke (as funny as it was).