PDA

View Full Version : Why LaMichael James didn't go to TCU

jharkins
2/18/2011, 08:39 PM
LaMichael James is in Dallas to accept the Doak Walker award and was interviewed by a local radio station (the wonderful ticket) and spoke on being recruited by TCU. Being a local kid, he was apparently very high on TCU until someone at the university continued to call him LaMarcus. That appeared to shut the door for him. Interesting stuff. Imagine TCU with that dude.... Don't know whether this is on the school/coach for not knowing or the student for being hyper-sensitive. You gotta get names right though...

SoonerMarkVA
2/18/2011, 09:10 PM
Doesn't sound much different that Smelly blowing it with RW McQuarters by being a jerk about him wearing a hat and, if I recall, not even being aware he was a recruit.

Big D Sooner
2/20/2011, 04:35 PM
Doesn't sound much different that Smelly blowing it with RW McQuarters by being a jerk about him wearing a hat and, if I recall, not even being aware he was a recruit.

He also called O'Connell's "O'Conner's" on more than 1 occasion. I would figure that if he could get anything right, it would be the name of a bar.

rekamrettuB
2/20/2011, 05:09 PM
Probably not the best reason to eliminate a school but he obviously made a great decision going to Oregon.

soonerwalt
2/20/2011, 06:42 PM
He also called O'Connell's "O'Conner's" on more than 1 occasion. I would figure that if he could get anything right, it would be the name of a bar.

Did Smelladrunker get anything right during his time here??? Not from where I sit.

yermom
2/20/2011, 06:54 PM
well, he didn't lose to Texas...

soonerwalt
2/20/2011, 07:13 PM
true that. I stand corrected

melrosebeach
2/21/2011, 12:39 AM
I can't blame him. That's the same reason I didn't go to Harvard, they left an 'e' off of my name even though I don't have one.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/21/2011, 01:24 AM
I can't blame him. That's the same reason I didn't go to Harvard, they left an 'e' off of my name even though I don't have one.DA WINNAH!!!

Mad Dog Madsen
2/21/2011, 09:26 AM
Jaquizz Rodgers (HB from Oregon State) is also from Texas. Imagine if TCU had gotten either one of those guys. They could've gone undefeated this year... :rolleyes: :)

yermom
2/21/2011, 09:59 AM
well, if Oregon hadn't gone undefeated...

Soonermagik
2/21/2011, 10:36 AM
Oh the horror. Imagine poor la-a. Everyone always pronounces it wrong. Folks, it's la dash a. The dash don't be silent.

AlboSooner
2/21/2011, 10:50 AM
Imagine TCU with that dude

Oh yeah. With LaMarcus they would have beaten Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and go 13-0.

Jason
2/21/2011, 11:01 AM
I can't blame him. That's the same reason I didn't go to Harvard, they left an 'e' off of my name even though I don't have one.
http://files.sharenator.com/CLAPPING_GIF_RE_Suggestion-s300x225-49691-580.gif

sooner518
2/21/2011, 11:44 AM
if someone got my name wrong in that situation, I would correct him and get over it. it was probably some university lackey who was walking him around campus. stop bein a baby and realize people make mistakes. yeesh

badger
2/21/2011, 12:55 PM
Oregano isn't such a bad destination school. I can understand not liking the weather, the hippie culture or the distance from home, but Pac 10 (soon to be 12) football isn't as bad as it once was back in SC's dominance.

prrriiide
2/21/2011, 01:24 PM
The OP said that someone "continued" to call him by the wrong name, indicating that it happened on multiple occasions. So maybe he did correct them and it didn't take. I mean, if I run a business and a salesperson wants my business but repeatedly gets my name wrong, I'm going to question their sincerity and commitment to customer service. Maybe a competitor that shows that attention to detail will get my business, even if it costs a little more.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/21/2011, 04:32 PM
The OP said that someone "continued" to call him by the wrong name, indicating that it happened on multiple occasions. So maybe he did correct them and it didn't take.

TCU's version of Bob Barry?!? j/k j/k

:D :D :D

usaosooner
2/21/2011, 04:38 PM
Sounds like he got called the wrong names multiple times.. It would **** me off as well

stoopified
2/21/2011, 05:34 PM
Kinda reminds me of Switzer calling the North Carolina football coach Denny Crum when hei in fact was naed Dick Crum.Coach Crum thought Switzer did it deliberately to psych him out. To the OP.if they can't get my name right,they aren't paying close enough attention.

Imagine if Switzer had insisted on calling Sims Willie. :D

jumperstop
2/21/2011, 05:50 PM
Lamarcus, Lamicheal all the same. But when your name is a cliche black person name you can't expect old white people to get it right. By putting la in front, you're taking all the uniqueness out of your name and making it start off like all the other black people.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/21/2011, 05:57 PM
Lamarcus, Lamicheal all the same. But when your name is a cliche black person name you can't expect old white people to get it right. By putting la in front, you're taking all the uniqueness out of your name and making it start off like all the other black people.

It has nothing to do with "La." They got his whole first name wrong. Kind of like if we called Landry, Lenny...

yankee
2/21/2011, 06:02 PM
It has nothing to do with "La." They got his whole first name wrong. Kind of like if we called Landry, Lenny...

I prefer Laundry.

jumperstop
2/21/2011, 08:28 PM

No they got the "la" part right.