PDA

View Full Version : E Mail reply from Sen Coburn

pphilfran
2/17/2011, 04:53 PM
A good guy...personally responds to every email...

Mr. pphilfran

Lawton, Oklahoma 73507

Dear Mr. Francoeur,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your support for the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 (H.R. 847, 111th Congress). I appreciate hearing from you and I sincerely apologize for my delayed response.

I was happy an agreement was reached on this legislation. Representative Maloney (D-NY) introduced this bill on February 4, 2009. As you know, it would provide ill 9/11 workers and families with free health care. Initially, Representative Maloney proposed to fund this over $7 billion bill by closing so-called tax loopholes on foreign subsidiaries that are doing business in the United States.

After much debate, I am pleased the sponsors of this bill agreed to lower costs dramatically, offset the bill, sunset key provisions, and take steps to prevent fraud. Every American recognizes the heroism of the 9/11 first responders, but it is not compassionate to help one group while robbing future generations of opportunity. I am very happy this agreement strikes a fair balance and improves the bill the majority attempted to rush through at the last minute.

Not only does the agreement save taxpayers billions of dollars, it also eliminates waste, fraud, and abuse by permanently closing the Victims Compensation Fund (VCF) after five years, as opposed to keeping the VCF open through 2031, as was initially proposed. Further, the agreement places limitations on attorneys' fees and prevents the reinstatement of civil claims, while providing more accountability and ensuring eligible individuals cannot "double-dip" on benefits. If you would like to read more of my thoughts, please read the press release from 12/22/2009 at <a href="http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/?p=PressReleases">http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/?p=PressReleases</a>;.

I remain firm in the belief that Congress must begin prioritizing and removing wasteful and duplicative programs rather than raise taxes. My primary concern as a U.S. Senator is to rein in our out-of-control national debt, which now amounts to more than $14 trillion, or more than $44,000 owed by each American citizen. Just like individuals and families, Congress must prioritize spending and live within our means. Failing to do so only hurts the people that of our country.

Again, thank you for writing me, and for your kind words of support. If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to write again. Best wishes.

Sincerely,

Tom A. Coburn, M.D.

United States Senator

TC: ler

AlboSooner
2/17/2011, 04:57 PM
Good stuff.

okie52
2/17/2011, 05:00 PM
He is good about responding and usually I think his fiscal positions are dead on. One of the few fiscal conservatives or even fiscally responsible people in Congress.

mgsooner
2/17/2011, 05:11 PM
Who is Senator Colburn?

pphilfran
2/17/2011, 05:14 PM
Who is Senator Colburn?

Thanks for the help...:D

Canyonero
2/17/2011, 05:15 PM
Who is Senator Colburn?

Richard F?

Wishboned
2/18/2011, 09:14 AM
I sent him an email once regarding an issue he voted on to ask him why he voted that way.

He sent me a very long reply, going into great detail, as to his reasons for voting the way he did.

I really appreciated that.

C&CDean
2/18/2011, 09:39 AM
[average SO leftie]**** Coburn the no good POS doesn't care about 9/11 heroes and is completely out of touch, **** Coburn, **** him in the A[/average SO leftie]

waynepayne
2/19/2011, 10:54 AM
Every American recognizes the heroism of the 9/11 first responders, but it is not compassionate to help one group while robbing future generations of opportunity.

BINGO.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/20/2011, 11:54 PM
I recall in LBJ's personal memoir, The Vantage Point, he tells how, as a U.S. Representative, he was a slavedriver in making sure his staff answered every letter sent to him with a day's turnaround. He had two or three guys who did nothing but answer letters.

I would guess Coburn doesn't answer the letters himself, but his staff does.

Turd_Ferguson
2/21/2011, 06:53 AM
I would guess Coburn doesn't answer the letters himself, but his staff does.Oh really...

Dear Senator Coburn,

Do you yourself reply to all letters and emails that are sent to you? juan say's you don't.

Thanks,
Turd Damn Ferguson

Dear Turd,

Yes I do and juan is a dooshrocket.

Sincerely,

Tom A. Coburn, M.D.

United States Senator

Mongo
2/21/2011, 07:46 AM
Cant argue with that proof.