PDA

View Full Version : Girls in Wrestling

Soonerwake
2/17/2011, 02:38 PM
At the risk of taking away any attention from the intriguing "pubes" thread, I thought I would post this for discussion.

Do girls belong in boys high school wrestling?

http://newsok.com/iowa-wrestler-defaults-rather-than-face-girl/article/3541624?custom_click=headlines_widget

Soonerwake
2/17/2011, 02:38 PM
And no STEP, there is no oil or mud involved...

DIB
2/17/2011, 02:41 PM
No mud. No oil. And no pubes. I think you're on the wrong message board.

Boomer.....
2/17/2011, 02:43 PM
And no STEP, there is no oil or mud involved...

What about jello?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/17/2011, 02:51 PM
Yes, Jello is invited

Soonerwake
2/17/2011, 02:59 PM
Yes, Jello is invited

with high school girls?? Now STEP..... :D

Boomer.....
2/17/2011, 03:01 PM
Are they 18?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/17/2011, 03:14 PM
What about girls....Im just talking about Jello

KantoSooner
2/17/2011, 03:23 PM
As an ex-high school wrestler, let me speak for the vast, vast majority of my brethren in welcoming girls to the mats.
Now, just so's we're not accused (erroniously) of being skeevy perverts, we must stipulate that these girls be true athletes. And capable of handling tough, awkward falls; both in terms of accepting the pain, and in terms of being agile enough to avoid injury. Their flexiblity and strength-to-weight ratios must be superb and they must have shown complete mastery over their own body weight and be inured to a conditioning regimen both strict and draconian.
I think there are two groups of young women who fit this profile extremely well: High School Gymnasts and High School Cheer Leaders.

And I think that 99% of male High School Wrestlers will welcome these new recruits with open arms.

May a new era of Co-ed High School Wrestling dawn!

Saul Good
2/17/2011, 03:36 PM
The girl wrestles for my alma mater and I live in the school district of the boy who wouldn't wrestle her. Needless to say, this is hitting close to home.

As for the question, not sure what to think about the idea of girls in high school wrestling. On one hand, if they weren't on a mat, the girls dad probably would be looking for his shotgun due to where some punk kid was putting his hands on his daughter. On the other hand, there is no womens wrestling and if they want to subject themselves to it, more power to them.

badger
2/17/2011, 03:55 PM
I've seen what wrestlers do in training, even back at a little high school program. It's an insane hardcore workout. Forget competing - if the girls can make it through that they deserve to be able to compete on the mat!

Boomer.....
2/17/2011, 03:56 PM
What about girls....Im just talking about Jello

18 year old jello?

Out!

yermom
2/17/2011, 06:52 PM
as long as she's on the team because she's competitive not as a pat on the head because she's a girl

i'm pretty sure it's a lose-lose situation wrestling a girl though :D

well, or win-win. i'll need pics to be sure.

is that bung-hole move still legal on a girl?

Mongo
2/17/2011, 06:56 PM
as long as she's on the team because she's competitive not as a pat on the head because she's a girl

WTF is a bung hole move in rasslin?

yermom
2/17/2011, 07:04 PM
WTF is a bung hole move in rasslin?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7830828

texaspokieokie
2/17/2011, 07:08 PM
girls shouldn't be wrestling boys.
girls should not play football with boys.

coed teams of slo-pitch softball areOK.

i'd like to see UCONN & Baylor womens teams play against mens teams.

women can compete against men in sports that don't stress,strength,speed or stamina.

women want (some do) to play men's golf, & are good enuff, but not strong enuff.

JMHO

after school wrestling practice (un-supervised) might cause some unwanted
pregnancies.

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2011, 07:18 PM
If you let girls wrestle with the boys, you simply create a problem (accusations of sexual battery) that you later need to solve.

Don't create problems that you need to solve.

Mongo
2/17/2011, 07:27 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7830828

Oof, that sucks. But where else are you going to get a good grip? :D

49r
2/17/2011, 07:41 PM
If you let girls wrestle with the boys, you simply create a problem (accusations of sexual battery) that you later need to solve.

Don't create problems that you need to solve.

Participants in contact sports are exempt from assault (and battery) charges because participants are aware of the risks inherent in playing said sports going in.

Moving on.

Fraggle145
2/17/2011, 08:30 PM

Its pretty much a lose-lose. If you win you beat a girl. If you lose you got beat by a girl. If it was for state I woulda done it, otherwise I probably woulda defaulted.

They have a right to be there if they prove they can compete. That said the guy has a right not to wrestle her.

jumperstop
2/17/2011, 08:33 PM
Girls in Wrestling?
http://celebgalz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/1164.jpg

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2011, 08:40 PM
Participants in contact sports are exempt from assault (and battery) charges because participants are aware of the risks inherent in playing said sports going in.

Moving on.

No they are not. Not even close.

jumperstop
2/17/2011, 08:47 PM

Moving on.

Maybe in terms of injury, but if a girl said she was molested while wrestling a guy I think there might be an investigation. Leroy is right, why would/should the schools take the risk involved in allowing females to compete with males?

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2011, 08:49 PM
Maybe in terms of injury, but if a girl said she was molested while wrestling a guy I think there might be an investigation. Leroy is right, why would/should the schools take the risk involved in allowing females to compete with males?

I think the parents should be careful too. One male in California is already in trouble for using the "Dutch Boy" (as I call it) move on another male. What if his opponent was a girl?

Mongo
2/17/2011, 08:53 PM
What if his opponent was a girl?

Then the guy should use the shocker to ensure maximum grip and leverage

SanJoaquinSooner
2/17/2011, 08:55 PM
If they win a ranking match, well yes certainly.

Jacie
2/17/2011, 09:23 PM
Let's see, she qualified for the state tournament with an overall record of 20-13. I believe that answers the question of should she be allowed and puts to rest the notion that wrestling her is a lose-lose situation.

As to the young man who chose disqualification rather than risk damnation (his refusal was based on his faith) I think it was actually humiliation he was hoping to avoid. Since 20 other wrestlers already know this gal is for real, I think he should have manned up and gone to the mat with her.

Fraggle145
2/17/2011, 09:33 PM
Let's see, she qualified for the state tournament with an overall record of 20-13. I believe that answers the question of should she be allowed and puts to rest the notion that wrestling her is a lose-lose situation.

As to the young man who chose disqualification rather than risk damnation (his refusal was based on his faith) I think it was actually humiliation he was hoping to avoid. Since 20 other wrestlers already know this gal is for real, I think he should have manned up and gone to the mat with her.

You dont know how many of those other Ws are defaults also. And it doesnt put to bed the lose-lose notion. If you lose you still got beat by a girl, and even worse it was for state. If you win, you beat a girl, BFD.

Fraggle145
2/17/2011, 09:35 PM
In the olympics Women wrestle women and men wrestle men. I see no reason why it should be different. Why do women have to get in on the men's sports?

King Barry's Back
2/17/2011, 09:36 PM

You are not exempt from assault charges due to participating in contact sports. Assault charges for on-the-field actions have been filed in a number of cases. Some sports are inherently violent, and the violence of the game is not illegal. But excessive violence, or violence after/between plays, can still be criminal.

Regarding sexual assault -- There is no exemption, nor should there be, for sexual assault anywhere. If a wrestler of any gender takes the opportunity during competition to cop a feel, he's crossed the line into clearly illegal behavior. It would be a tough case to make "Your honor, I swear I put my hand up there to get leverage...", but even if the courts couldn't prove it, the wrestler would still know he was guilty.

King Barry's Back
2/17/2011, 09:42 PM
If you lose you still got beat by a girl, and even worse it was for state. If you win, you beat a girl, BFD.

Honestly, I haven't made up my mind about this issue. But, this blatantly sexist bias is probably the best argument for girls to compete.

If a boy gets beat by a girl that is better than him, tough s**t. She shouldn't be penalized for his own sexist hangups.

I still see rasslin' girls as win-win. If you beat her, you got to have a teenaged girl crawl all over you, and you still beat her. If you lose, you got to have a teenaged girl crawl all over you. :P

King Barry's Back
2/17/2011, 09:46 PM
In the olympics Women wrestle women and men wrestle men. I see no reason why it should be different. Why do women have to get in on the men's sports?

This only happens when there are no girls' teams in the specific sport. If the schools would fund a girls rasslin' league, there wouldn't be a problem.

My guess is that the schools would argue that there aren't enough interested girls to justify it.

Fraggle145
2/17/2011, 09:55 PM
This only happens when there are no girls' teams in the specific sport. If the schools would fund a girls rasslin' league, there wouldn't be a problem.

My guess is that the schools would argue that there aren't enough interested girls to justify it.

Title 9 killed enough of the mens sports (the principle behind it makes sense the way it is enforced sucks donkey balls), find something else to do.

Fraggle145
2/17/2011, 09:56 PM
You are not exempt from assault charges due to participating in contact sports. Assault charges for on-the-field actions have been filed in a number of cases. Some sports are inherently violent, and the violence of the game is not illegal. But excessive violence, or violence after/between plays, can still be criminal.

Regarding sexual assault -- There is no exemption, nor should there be, for sexual assault anywhere. If a wrestler of any gender takes the opportunity during competition to cop a feel, he's crossed the line into clearly illegal behavior. It would be a tough case to make "Your honor, I swear I put my hand up there to get leverage...", but even if the courts couldn't prove it, the wrestler would still know he was guilty.

Sometimes you do have to grab across the chest to gain leverage... Is it my fault that your tit is there?

sperry
2/17/2011, 10:07 PM
How would you not get a hard on if the girl you were rasslin was hot? Especially at the age of 15 or whatever these kids are at?

okiegirl
2/17/2011, 10:32 PM

No offense, but a 20-13 record stinks! The kid who forfeited to her had a 35-4 record. I am no math wiz, but I think 35-4 is way, way better than a 20-13. I can't even believe 20-13 would get her into state. Though I see the HS she is from has a second girl(Black) with a slightly better record, and she was pinned in 52 seconds her first state match up.

My husband used to wrestle in Iowa and he said same thing this kid said. He would def. have to forfeit his chance at a state title if he had to go against a girl, based on how he was raised.

If girls want to wrestle, why can't they make a girls wrestling team?

Anyhow, it upsets me for this kid who had a much better record to lose his chance at a state title when he was raised to respect women and maybe has some fear of God in him and does not want to take a chance at touching a women in the wrong way...

/rant off

Partial Qualifier
2/17/2011, 10:51 PM

:D :D

OU_Sooners75
2/17/2011, 11:23 PM
You dont know how many of those other Ws are defaults also. And it doesnt put to bed the lose-lose notion. If you lose you still got beat by a girl, and even worse it was for state. If you win, you beat a girl, BFD.

Well, if it was for state, at least in Oklahoma and a few other states...it is a BFD!!!

If she was good enough to make state, and make it all the way to the finals, without any defaults, then what?

Now, a 20-13 record in these parts do not usually mean you will be in the State Championship match...but it can happen.

I started wrestling when I was 7 years old. I wrestled all the way through HS. When I was off playing CFB, my position coach was the local high school head wrestling coach....in return, I was an assistant coach...that was actually my work study.

Anyway, 17 years has past since I have actually wrestled a competitive match. Since that time, I have coached from High school (while in college) and youth wrestling. I love the sport!

And for anyone that has not been in this very small faternity, there have been some very good wrestlers that have been women.

This type of story is not new to those that have been around this sport for quite awhile.

Now, about this particular story: Good for both of them. He stood by his morals, the way he was raised. She earned the right to stand before him and get her hand raised as a State Champion!

CORNholio
2/18/2011, 04:21 AM
We're talking 16 year old guys. Dude is gonna pop wood in his spandex suit with everybody watching whether he wants to or not as soon as they start rasslin. Nobody wants to see that.

AlbqSooner
2/18/2011, 06:26 AM
but even if the courts couldn't prove it, the wrestler would still know he was guilty.

If the wrestler was enough of a perv to cop a feel during a wrestling match, do you actually think knowledge of guilt would weigh on his mind?

ouwino
2/18/2011, 06:43 AM
i read the article. thought it was classy what the young man did. i also would like to think the rest of the male wrestlers she is scheduled to wrestle do the same thing. i wonder how proud she would be of her athletic accomplishment of winning the state wrestling title if she never got on the mat???? perhaps the young men in iowa are attempting to make a statement????? we will see.

pphilfran
2/18/2011, 06:58 AM
I would give her a PILE DRIVER!

Boomer.....
2/18/2011, 09:38 AM

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6103/mongowrestlingyp9.jpg

:les: UNCLE! UNCLE!!!!!

Mongo
2/18/2011, 11:33 AM
You bastard

NormanPride
2/18/2011, 11:38 AM
Haunting memories? Or didn't want to get a chubby in public? :D

Mongo
2/18/2011, 11:42 AM
the pic alone is no biggie. It is the facebook page c_p made with all three thousand or so farks he has done that scares me:D

Boomer.....
2/18/2011, 11:48 AM
:D

saucysoonergal
2/18/2011, 11:50 AM
Mongo and C_P sittin in a tree...

NormanPride
2/18/2011, 11:51 AM
Mongo is just photogenic I guess. :D

badger
2/18/2011, 11:52 AM
Title 9 killed enough of the mens sports (the principle behind it makes sense the way it is enforced sucks donkey balls), find something else to do.

This might in fact be the way to save wrestling from Title IX, to make it a co-ed sport.

Rather than have men fight women, there could be separate female classes and their points would be combined with their male teammates for the final team score. I've already seen this done in team MMA.

Title IX exceptions might be made for co-ed sports in situations like this, even if a majority of competitors were men. I think it would be an olive branch by Title IX enforcers, who I think never intended men's wrestling programs to suffer as much as they have.

DIB
2/18/2011, 11:57 AM
Girl wrestler loses after milestone win
EmailPrintComments
Associated Press
DES MOINES, Iowa -- An Iowa high school wrestler who became the first girl to win a state tournament match when her opponent refused to compete against her for religious reasons lost her quarterfinals match Friday.

Cedar Falls freshman Cassy Herkelman lost 5-1 on points to Indianola's Matt Victor in their 112-pound matchup. Despite the controversy Herkelman was thrust into when her first-round opponent defaulted rather than face her Thursday, there was little reaction from the roughly 6,000 Wells Fargo Arena spectators when she lost to Victor. There were several other matches taking place at the time.

Herkelman had a 20-13 record entering the tournament, but was deprived of the chance to show her skills when her favored opponent, sophomore Joel Northrup, defaulted rather than wrestle her. Northrup, who is home-schooled but competes for Linn-Mar High School, said wrestling a girl would conflict with his religious beliefs.

Herkelman and Ottumwa High School sophomore Megan Black were the first two girls to qualify for the tournament in its 85-year history.

Herkelman was expected to compete in a consolation round match later Friday.

Black was eliminated Thursday after losing both her matches.

Tournament organizers didn't make Herkelman or Victor available to the media after their match. They said Herkelman wouldn't discuss the tournament until she is finished competing.

On Thursday, Northrup said he respected Herkelman and Black but didn't think girls should compete against boys in wrestling. In a statement issued through his school, he called wrestling a combat sport and said "it can get violent at times."

Herkelman's father, Bill Herkelman, told The Associated Press that he respected Northrup's decision and wished Northrup well.

High school and college wrestling draw huge crowds in Iowa, and the annual tournament in Des Moines is followed closely throughout the state.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/highschool/news/story?id=6135272

texaspokieokie
2/18/2011, 11:57 AM
i feel like that it's in a state (important) meet, the guy owes it to himself to wrestle the girl.
it's possible she got some of her 20 wins by default, & some others because the guys were reluctant to wrestle her like they would another guy. too careful.

if he's 35-4 & she's 20-13, with a good effort,she shouldn't be that tough.
if something in-appropriate happens, it's just too bad.

Saul Good
2/18/2011, 12:05 PM
No offense, but a 20-13 record stinks! The kid who forfeited to her had a 35-4 record. I am no math wiz, but I think 35-4 is way, way better than a 20-13. I can't even believe 20-13 would get her into state. Though I see the HS she is from has a second girl(Black) with a slightly better record, and she was pinned in 52 seconds her first state match up.

My husband used to wrestle in Iowa and he said same thing this kid said. He would def. have to forfeit his chance at a state title if he had to go against a girl, based on how he was raised.

If girls want to wrestle, why can't they make a girls wrestling team?

Anyhow, it upsets me for this kid who had a much better record to lose his chance at a state title when he was raised to respect women and maybe has some fear of God in him and does not want to take a chance at touching a women in the wrong way...

/rant off

Yes a 20-13 record is not particularly good but she did earn her place in state. Not everyone qualifies. You have to go through a district tournament where only the two top placewinners advance to state. She got second in her particular district. She may have upset one of the higher seeds that day but she did beat people to get there.

As for the other kid (boy), he got third in his weight class last year as a freshman meaning he only lost one match in a double elimination tournament. He was one of the favorites to win it all at this weight class this year. Tough, tough decision to take yourself out of the running for the gold medal.

Update on the results. In her following two matches today, she got her backside kicked and is out of the tournament without placing. Pinned in one of the two matches.

Breadburner
2/18/2011, 12:09 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6103/mongowrestlingyp9.jpg

:les: UNCLE! UNCLE!!!!!

He is in perfect position to get out of the infamous russian pretzel hold.....

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 01:02 PM
i feel like that it's in a state (important) meet, the guy owes it to himself to wrestle the girl.
it's possible she got some of her 20 wins by default, & some others because the guys were reluctant to wrestle her like they would another guy. too careful.

if he's 35-4 & she's 20-13, with a good effort,she shouldn't be that tough.
if something in-appropriate happens, it's just too bad.

It's just too bad? Tell that to someone who is on the wrong end of a sexual harassment suit.

My feeling is that if the kid doesn't want to wrestle her, he doesn't want to wrestle her. It's a free world and he owes no one an explanation.

Fraggle145
2/18/2011, 02:21 PM
Well, if it was for state, at least in Oklahoma and a few other states...it is a BFD!!!

If she was good enough to make state, and make it all the way to the finals, without any defaults, then what?

Now, a 20-13 record in these parts do not usually mean you will be in the State Championship match...but it can happen.

I started wrestling when I was 7 years old. I wrestled all the way through HS. When I was off playing CFB, my position coach was the local high school head wrestling coach....in return, I was an assistant coach...that was actually my work study.

Anyway, 17 years has past since I have actually wrestled a competitive match. Since that time, I have coached from High school (while in college) and youth wrestling. I love the sport!

And for anyone that has not been in this very small faternity, there have been some very good wrestlers that have been women.

This type of story is not new to those that have been around this sport for quite awhile.

Now, about this particular story: Good for both of them. He stood by his morals, the way he was raised. She earned the right to stand before him and get her hand raised as a State Champion!

It was the first round.

jkjsooner
2/18/2011, 03:15 PM
This might in fact be the way to save wrestling from Title IX, to make it a co-ed sport.

Rather than have men fight women, there could be separate female classes and their points would be combined with their male teammates for the final team score. I've already seen this done in team MMA.

Title IX exceptions might be made for co-ed sports in situations like this, even if a majority of competitors were men. I think it would be an olive branch by Title IX enforcers, who I think never intended men's wrestling programs to suffer as much as they have.

It would help to add in the female wrestlers, but with Title IX you still have to make up the scholarship differential caused by football. They can only afford to add so many women's sports so they have to at some point drop some male sports.

badger
2/18/2011, 03:37 PM
It would help to add in the female wrestlers, but with Title IX you still have to make up the scholarship differential caused by football. They can only afford to add so many women's sports so they have to at some point drop some male sports.

That's why I'm saying that Title IX enforcers might make an exception, not just because it will result in more female athletes participating in the end, but also because wrestling has been such an unintended victim of Title IX enforcement over the years.

This would solve two huge problems with college and HS wrestling: Worries about male and female athletes competing against each other, and programs getting cut due to Title IX.

Have a female weight class or two - maybe one capped at 150, then the other capped at whatever the male heavyweight class is capped at. Have them be part of a school's wrestling team, but at separate classes reserved for female athletes only.

This might also lead more female athletes to try the sport, and when that happens, add more classes and eventually, females might even be able to have their own teams separate from the men... in which case, the Title IX enforcers can fully back off, as male and female teams would have roughly the same amount of scholarship athletes each.

Female wrestlers are already out there, but this might really get them involved in the sport, much like Title IX caused female participation in all sports to explode during the past several decades.

Thoughts?

texaspokieokie
2/18/2011, 04:11 PM
That's why I'm saying that Title IX enforcers might make an exception, not just because it will result in more female athletes participating in the end, but also because wrestling has been such an unintended victim of Title IX enforcement over the years.

This would solve two huge problems with college and HS wrestling: Worries about male and female athletes competing against each other, and programs getting cut due to Title IX.

Have a female weight class or two - maybe one capped at 150, then the other capped at whatever the male heavyweight class is capped at. Have them be part of a school's wrestling team, but at separate classes reserved for female athletes only.

This might also lead more female athletes to try the sport, and when that happens, add more classes and eventually, females might even be able to have their own teams separate from the men... in which case, the Title IX enforcers can fully back off, as male and female teams would have roughly the same amount of scholarship athletes each.

Female wrestlers are already out there, but this might really get them involved in the sport, much like Title IX caused female participation in all sports to explode during the past several decades.

Thoughts?

they have had some female wrestling in tx hi schools. haven't heard anything about it lately. i don't see any sports programs being expanded in the near future, what with this economy.

saw in the DMN recently where Cal-Berkeley
gave up baseball, & men's & women's gymnastics. it's bad to drop a semi-major sport like baseball.

i don't see wrestling ever being any bigger than it is now. (college)
just my pessimistic viewpoint.

keep in mind, i'm nearly always wrong.

texaspokieokie
2/18/2011, 04:13 PM
i can't see a female heavyweight wrestler. i just won't let myself imagine that.

Jammin'
2/18/2011, 04:23 PM

Thoughts?

The easier fix is to remove football from the equation. (or add women's equestrian and have 75 "players" to 1-2 coaches. OSU added equestrian for a lot of reasons, but the number one had to be because the number of athletic opportunities offered women rivaled football)

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:18 PM
It was the first round.

No big deal then. He did what he thought he had to do and she moved on to the second round then. Did she lose her next match?

From everything I have heard (didn't read the article), it sounded like it was for the actual championship.

I never wrestled against a girl when in high school...I wrestled Heavyweight...but I did wrestle a girl in junior high....

I was timid at first...didn't really know what or how to wrestle her. My coach told me, she is a wrestler, go out and wrestler her. I did...after the first period (the period I was really timid), I ended up pinning her in 37 seconds in the second period.

I went on to win that tourney...she ended up taking third, and not one person gave her a free pass through the tourney bracket either.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:20 PM

Title IX is the biggest damn joke to ever happen in this country.

Fact is, men are more athletic, it is just the way each gender was made or evolved.

To say school cannot have a specific sport because it would give them too many athletes that are male at the school, is bogus!

badger
2/18/2011, 06:35 PM
Fact is, men are more athletic

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__9jQrfsD5Wk/TSbqUl8YqJI/AAAAAAAAAF0/15AYNbC9dgo/s320/weird-fat-man-eating-burger.jpg

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/super-fat-man-on-a-scooter.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080317055941/uncyclopedia/images/7/75/Xfl_fat_man.jpg

Jokin' aside, sports shouldn't just be reserved for the athletic. If that was the case, then we'd probably just have pro leagues and not elementary, high school and college teams.

Title IX is an initiative with unintended consequences. Getting chicks active in sports, however, isn't one of those consequences.

Also, please realize that there are schools, OU included, that have not been Title IX compliant until recently. I am really not sure if there are any penalties for not being compliant, but rather, it just seems to be something they are striving for.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:37 PM

Thoughts?

That would be a HUGE weight difference for just two weight classes.

Heavyweight is capped at 275 pouunds.

That would almost be doubling the weight of each class.

If they wanted to include women...then they do not need to have seperation...because then, it would count as two different sports.

Anyway, more about your post....

If they did count it as one sport and had two divisions that are gender driven, then they would need to have a system set up similar to what is already in place for the men.

Right now, Oklahoma Wrestling weight classes in high school are:

103, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 275 (Heavyweight)

Make the women's weight classes similar to:

75, 80, 85, 90, 100, 105, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 165, 190, 250 (Heavyweight)

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:42 PM
I can find some pics of some fat *** women as well.

Not all sports are athletic...but we are talking about one of the most demanding sports on the planet when speaking of wrestling.

The body of a male human even in average form is taller, bigger, and more musclar than a female body in average form.

That being said, if a girl or woman wants to wrestle, then by all means go for it. Wrestling is not all about strength. It is about skill and knowledge...and women can master it just as a man can.

Mongo
2/18/2011, 06:43 PM
Dont women fire fighters have different testing standards than men?

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:49 PM
Also, please realize that there are schools, OU included, that have not been Title IX compliant until recently. I am really not sure if there are any penalties for not being compliant, but rather, it just seems to be something they are striving for.

We should not have any rules in place to get women into sports. Especially now. Women sports today are pretty much established.

If they want to make a rule to for schools to have women sports, then they should make a rules stating that there should be at least x number of women sports. Not something stating that there cannot be more men scholarships than women scholarships.

Also, where do you think the athletic bodys start? It isnt in professional sports...it is in the youth leagues and on up. Professional sports are around to reward those that excel moreso than most in a given sport with pay.

A person is not just born athletic, they may have certain talents to excel in a sport, but all athletes have push themselves to get their bodys in condition for whatever sport they play. And that is what my opinion of being an athletic truly is.

It may be way off base, but oh well.

okiegirl
2/18/2011, 06:50 PM
Could someone who is for women wrestling against men, please explain to me why wrestling has to be the first co-ed sport? We have women's basketball, track, soccer...hell even golf is different for ladies...so why does wrestling have to be co-ed?? I just don't get it.

With the reasoning of it's fair for the girls if they can compete, then why don't we combine all sports, so their is only one basketball team, one golf team that tee from same spot, one track team, one fast pitch baseball team, etc....Wouldn't that make as much sense as having just one wrestling team.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:51 PM
Dont women fire fighters have different testing standards than men?

Probably, but I don't know. Women do have different standards when going through basic training in the military.

OU_Sooners75
2/18/2011, 06:53 PM
Could someone who is for women wrestling against men, please explain to me why wrestling has to be the first co-ed sport? We have women's basketball, track, soccer...hell even golf is different for ladies...so why does wrestling have to be co-ed?? I just don't get it.

With the reasoning of it's fair for the girls if they can compete, then why don't we combine all sports, so their is only one basketball team, one golf team that tee from same spot, one track team, one fast pitch baseball team, etc....Wouldn't that make as much sense as having just one wrestling team.

It doesnt have to be co-ed, but there are not that many girls or women that are in wrestling or even express the interest in the sport.

If there were, then it would have its only league, or whatever, and then it would be considered a different sport the same way it is two different sports between men and women's basketball.

Meaning, it would take an even bigger hit from IX.

olevetonahill
2/18/2011, 07:00 PM
Well look at her shes so skinny she aint got no Boobs .:eek:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0218/rise_a_herkelman_400.jpg

Mongo
2/18/2011, 07:03 PM
I could take that bitch

Mongo
2/18/2011, 07:08 PM
Probably, but I don't know. Women do have different standards when going through basic training in the military.

Seperate rules for one thing, then a set for another.

Let's take away women's voting rights until they can decide what the **** they want

texaspokieokie
2/18/2011, 07:42 PM
this may not sound right, but a man & woman that weigh the same do not have the same strength. men are just gonna be stronger. in hi school it might (does) be equal (or close) but in college almost NO women could ever compete on an equal basis. this is a really tough sport & you don't have to go any further than OK or iowa to see it.

if all sports were co-ed, very few women could compete. except for thing like gymnastics.

Mongo
2/18/2011, 08:02 PM
I remember in high school, the varsity girls had a good basketball squad. They were facing a physical team, so their coach contacted our's about a scrimmage. We kicked the **** out of them. To be honest, I was scared about losing to a girl squad.

Forgot to mention we were freshman. Nothing like pelvic grinding a 6' chick on tge blocks that can grow a thicker mustache than you

Mongo
2/18/2011, 08:09 PM
And yes, I COULD beat Courtney Paris in a one on one match

olevetonahill
2/18/2011, 08:54 PM
I rassled a chick
bet her I could
Flip her
an Dik her
Before she could
Throw me
an Blow me

WE had a hell of a time :hot:

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2011, 09:37 PM
I rassled a chick
bet her I could
Flip her
an Dik her
Before she could
Throw me
an Blow me

WE had a hell of a time :hot:

-- Ogvet Nash

okiegirl
2/19/2011, 12:17 AM
It doesnt have to be co-ed, but there are not that many girls or women that are in wrestling or even express the interest in the sport.

If there were, then it would have its only league, or whatever, and then it would be considered a different sport the same way it is two different sports between men and women's basketball.

Thats a **** reply (no offense Sooner 75) .. if women want to have a new sport they would have enough to do it.
Two years ago a kid was charged in Iowa with agrr. assault..because his finger got in a bung hole...Can you imagine how a woman would feel...

These girls would not know it because most likely these Iowa guys prob went lightly on girls because they are that, ,,, GIRLS!!!

Sorry I am a woman in rl who is NOT for femanazi-ism...I am sick of this ****..women are women and stop trying to act like they are men until you make ONE basketball team that has men/women tryouts..one track team that does the same..one tennis team (i hate tennis) WHy on Gods earth does wrestling have to be the first co-ed team??

There is MUCH more to this post..like how I (ME) wanted to be on wrestling in my younger years..etc,, and I learned how a woman's body can be destroyed when you take on a state champ...yes I am old but now I see the light......

Some places a woman belongs and some she doesn't and until they make a female mat with women she doesn't belong... I am very serious about this debate sorry Sooner 75

okiegirl
2/19/2011, 01:09 AM
Thats a **** reply (no offense Sooner 75) .. if women want to have a new sport they would have enough to do it.
Two years ago a kid was charged in Iowa with agrr. assault..because his finger got in a bung hole...Can you imagine how a woman would feel...

These girls would not know it because most likely these Iowa guys prob went lightly on girls because they are that, ,,, GIRLS!!!

Sorry I am a woman in rl who is NOT for femanazi-ism...I am sick of this ****..women are women and stop trying to act like they are men until you make ONE basketball team that has men/women tryouts..one track team that does the same..one tennis team (i hate tennis) WHy on Gods earth does wrestling have to be the first co-ed team??

There is MUCH more to this post..like how I (ME) wanted to be on wrestling in my younger years..etc,, and I learned how a woman's body can be destroyed when you take on a state champ...yes I am old but now I see the light......

Some places a woman belongs and some she doesn't and until they make a female mat with women she doesn't belong... I am very serious about this debate sorry Sooner 75

I have to make a reply---- he was not a state champ the night he ****ed up my boob....my husband wants everything to be above and aboard......He later became one..TX

okiegirl
2/19/2011, 01:24 AM
Actually after my husband reminded me, the kid who did the boob-tastic move in me might not have been a state champ..I know he went to state that year, but after much talking he was prob only a 20-13 winner, like the girl, Cassey!!!! Sorry to confuse anyone:)

okiegirl
2/19/2011, 03:17 AM

My great grandma played bball because she was 6 feet tall..boys didnt like it and then the schools said...hey girls wanna have a girls bball team..they knew they would win..my great grandma was one of the first female Ncastle players.....she had a position that is no longer in bball but back then she was called "center" which meant they didn't leave the mid-court area..the ball had to be thrown to them then the 'center tossed it to the forward..my thing is still and always will be..why wrestling..why not basketball or tennis...make any non-contact sport co-ed and i might buy tickets and enjoy it..but why the one sport that most men rub-hands-on-crotches...and dig-in-asses----all i say is make your non-contact sport the example..

okay heading to bed../night

okiegirl
2/19/2011, 03:22 AM
and yes this had me fired up..give me a man with a gun to protect me and a man with a firehose and a man in the army but dear god dont send a woman!!! And yes i really am a woman irl....but men have strength and abilities women do not...sorry women on the forums..

SoCaliSooner
2/19/2011, 03:29 AM
and yes this had me fired up..give me a man with a gun to protect me and a man with a firehose and a man in the army but dear god dont send a woman!!! And yes i really am a woman irl....but men have strength and abilities women do not...sorry women on the forums..

Wanna see my firehose?

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 03:30 AM
Wait until some kid has to wrestle a shemale. (Don't laugh; it's going to happen sooner or later.)

olevetonahill
2/19/2011, 04:12 AM

Yup She belongs in the KITCHEN makin me a sammich :rolleyes:

SoCaliSooner
2/19/2011, 10:24 AM
Wait until some kid has to wrestle a shemale. (Don't laugh; it's going to happen sooner or later.)
I thought those were the kids were beat up by athletes, got emo and eventually killed themselves.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 10:37 AM
I thought those were the kids were beat up by athletes, got emo and eventually tried to kill themselves.

FIFY. (They never slice the right way.)

OU_Sooners75
2/19/2011, 06:47 PM
okiegirl: Not exactly sure where my reply was ****...but lets try this again!

First of all, that move is actually called a butt drag...and no, not one part of the body is suppose to enter into the other wrestler. I can very easily see why there was an charge against the kid that did that.

If the guys went light on them, then it is on the guys, not the girls. I helped coached a girl in youth wrestling until she went into junior high. Yes, there is a difference (big difference) between youth and high school wrestling, but the boys that wrestled her did not take it easy on her. I recall she placed in the top 4 at the state youth tourney.

I never said it should be a co-ed sport. But I did say there just are not enough girls expressing interest in the sport. There are a few. Here in Oklahoma, where wrestling is actually a very popular sport, compared to other states in the union, there are very few girls in youth wrestling and even fewer in junior high on up. I do not think there is a girl wrestling in high school here in the state. I might be wrong though.

That being said, Why should there be a complete league formed just for girls/women if there is very little to no interest in it?

Also, about co-ed...though intramural sports are not sancationed by any governing body outside of the individual schools, there are co-ed basketball, football, tennis, golf leagues.

It isn't just resolved to the women body that can take a pounding from a state champ or national champ. Men's bodys suffer the same thing, especially if they are not in the same physical condition or experience level as said wrestler.

Glad you are serious about it. But I'll stand by one of my earlier comments, wrestling is not all about brute strength as it is more to do with fundamental skills and speed of an individual.

If it was more about brute strength, I should not have have placed 3rd in state wrestling at heavyweight (275 pounds max) weighing in at just 190 for the tournament my freshman year. I wrestled way bigger guys than I was...but was somehow able to defeat all but one of them! (edit: this was before the addition of the 215# weight class)

2121Sooner
2/19/2011, 06:59 PM
I heard this kid on the radio and he is an absolute stud. He gave her all kind of credit for being a wrestler and accomplishing what she had. He just said that this is a violent sport and he doesnt believe in violence against women.

He took a stand for something he believed in and suffered the consequence because of it.

Kid might end up getting an ESPY for all we know.

Kid showed character and conviction. That is in pretty short supply in most places these days so good for him.

SoCaliSooner
2/19/2011, 07:23 PM
I heard this kid on the radio and he is an absolute stud. He gave her all kind of credit for being a wrestler and accomplishing what she had. He just said that this is a violent sport and he doesnt believe in violence against women.

Maybe she should try out as a kicker for the Colorado football team.

2121Sooner
2/19/2011, 07:54 PM
Maybe she should try out as a kicker for the Colorado football team.

Or as a CBS reporter in Egypt?

yermom
2/19/2011, 10:33 PM
My great grandma played bball because she was 6 feet tall..boys didnt like it and then the schools said...hey girls wanna have a girls bball team..they knew they would win..my great grandma was one of the first female Ncastle players.....she had a position that is no longer in bball but back then she was called "center" which meant they didn't leave the mid-court area..the ball had to be thrown to them then the 'center tossed it to the forward..my thing is still and always will be..why wrestling..why not basketball or tennis...make any non-contact sport co-ed and i might buy tickets and enjoy it..but why the one sport that most men rub-hands-on-crotches...and dig-in-asses----all i say is make your non-contact sport the example..

okay heading to bed../night

i'm fairly sure there don't need to be rules against girls on boys teams. they are going to get killed. girls are kickers sometimes and not even very good at that.

they have their own teams so they can be competitive. maybe until about high school girls could probably play basketball and football though. heck, in elementary and middle school they could be bigger than some of the boys.

but once you get to high school and college most likely all of the girls playing basketball wouldn't be playing at all if there wasn't a girls team

texaspokieokie
3/20/2011, 11:26 AM
lotsa hi-schools in tx have girls wrestling teams.

Partial Qualifier
3/20/2011, 11:41 AM

:hot:

Jacie
3/20/2011, 12:29 PM

So in the month that this thread was dead and buried, did you go out and research this and are now informing us of the results of said research or is your thread-bumper one of those I-don't-really-know-anything-about-this-but-will-make-a-nebulous-statement-about-it-anyway post?

texaspokieokie
3/20/2011, 01:52 PM
all of the above.

GDC
3/20/2011, 03:22 PM
What about one-legged wrestlers kicking everyone else's asses? Have we talked about that yet?

StoopTroup
3/20/2011, 03:39 PM
What about one-legged wrestlers kicking everyone else's asses? Have we talked about that yet?

yermom
3/20/2011, 08:00 PM

seems a little unfair. i mean to be in the same weight class, he's got a whole leg's worth of weight to make up with muscle everywhere else

texaspokieokie
3/21/2011, 07:47 AM
that guy is a stud.