PDA

View Full Version : Wisc Protests: Gov Walker=Hitler

bigfatjerk
2/17/2011, 11:36 AM
71gsnLfsbbM

Pretty good stuff, they are calling Walker Hitler and Mubarak. Also has quotes from lefties saying that the left would never do things like this. Even though they did it with Bush all the freakin' time too.

jkjsooner
2/17/2011, 11:52 AM
I hope you're not stereotyping everyone who might be a little left of you because of idiotic things that people on the fringes say.

I admit that there's some hypocrisy there. Both sides use inflamatory rhetoric nowadays. It's sickening.

delhalew
2/17/2011, 11:59 AM
I loved how teachers marched their students out there to protest. Upon being interviewed, it became clear most of the students had no idea what they were protesting. I do not think I would enjoy my child being used in this way.

badger
2/17/2011, 12:16 PM
OK, a native Wisconsinite should step in and say something to defend her home state, shouldn't she? :D

Madison is a world apart from the majority of the rest of the state, except for perhaps Milwaukee. They are notorious for being not just liberal, but radical in their events surrounding the capitol, especially State Street.

They are not destroying all of the unions, just taking away many public employee union collective bargaining power in the wake of huge massive gigantic deficits. They are still fully working with the local firefighters and police officers in their unions.

Read more on the bill that just cleared a committee here. (http://www.channel3000.com/news/26893573/detail.html)

Fitzgerald said Wednesday that some changes would be made to the bill, but the core parts of Walker's plan would remain, including the provision affecting collective bargaining and another one requiring employees to make larger contributions to their pensions and health insurance.

On the other hand, I know that many rural public employees work for dirt cheap in the low cost-of-living areas, but that often pension and health costs do not vary as much from rural to urban areas, so it will hurt them more if this passes. I think that is where concessions may happen- that employees making under a certain amount will have less of a burden than higher paid public employees.

Wisconsin had a liberal governor for 8 years (Jim Doyle) and has has the same two liberal senators since I was in fourth grade, Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold. Feingold ran for re-election and lost to a Republican, while Doyle decided against a third term, getting replaced by a Republican.

Don't let the crazy protests in Madison reflect the entire state. While some proposed changes might be alarming, it is exactly what the majority of the state voted for in 2010.

KantoSooner
2/17/2011, 12:27 PM
And what of Whitefish Bay, Badger? Or Rhinelander? Eh? Tell me of their zeitgeist, Fraulein.

(The only two places in Wisco-Disco where I've spent any time; and enjoyable it was, too.)

NormanPride
2/17/2011, 12:28 PM
Don't listen to her. She regaled stories to me about her liberal indoctrination activities that her teachers and pastors forced her to do. They protested constantly and used the American flag as a tablecloth on several occasions.

;)

KantoSooner
2/17/2011, 12:40 PM
yeah, my Wisconsinite friends are always trying to take advantage of me. Always plying me with beer and brats, then getting me to swim in F*CKIN ICY COLD WATER IN MID-SUMMER and other terrible things.

There oughta be a law...

Bourbon St Sooner
2/17/2011, 01:12 PM
These type budget cuts are happening everywhere. My wife hates Gov. Jindal because she works for the state and hasn't gotten a pay raise in 3 years.

SoonerNate
2/17/2011, 01:34 PM
I loved how teachers marched their students out there to protest. Upon being interviewed, it became clear most of the students had no idea what they were protesting. I do not think I would enjoy my child being used in this way.

I agree. I would fight to my death to defend the rights of these folks to protest but some of this turns out to be "astroturfing."

delhalew
2/17/2011, 01:39 PM
These type budget cuts are happening everywhere. My wife hates Gov. Jindal because she works for the state and hasn't gotten a pay raise in 3 years.

Did you tell her to cry you a river, and be thankful she has a job?
I suppose you would be divorced if you did:)

delhalew
2/17/2011, 01:41 PM
The democrats have gone into hiding....
I don't believe I have ever heard of reps refusing to show up and vote. Pretty cowardly.

badger
2/17/2011, 01:57 PM
The teachers at my school did several funny things around the time I graduated and the year after, all as an end-result of it being a small district, subject to lesser pay than larger surrounding districts.

To all teachers out there- I'm sorry your pay sucks. No amount of money could make up for having to put up with brats like me though. :)

delhalew
2/17/2011, 02:03 PM
The teachers at my school did several funny things around the time I graduated and the year after, all as an end-result of it being a small district, subject to lesser pay than larger surrounding districts.

To all teachers out there- I'm sorry your pay sucks. No amount of money could make up for having to put up with brats like me though. :)

When asked what they were protesting a young man said, " to stop what that dude is doing".

Don't feel sorry for those teachers. No matter how pathetic their results, they are guaranteed a job. Must be nice.

dwarthog
2/17/2011, 02:52 PM
The democrats have gone into hiding....
I don't believe I have ever heard of reps refusing to show up and vote. Pretty cowardly.

Dems from Texas hid out at a Holiday Inn, in Oklahoma a few years back to avoid voting on redistricting.

delhalew
2/17/2011, 02:54 PM
Dems from Texas hid out at a Holiday Inn, in Oklahoma a few years back to avoid voting on redistricting.

Lmao. They got the cops out looking for the Wisky Dems.

pphilfran
2/17/2011, 04:13 PM
Protests in the streets? Removal of high political officials?

I fully expect to see Obama telling the gov to step down....

jkjsooner
2/17/2011, 04:14 PM
The one teacher went on a rant saying that the first thing Hitler did was getting rid of the unions - or something like that.

Hell, I probably do a thousand things a day that Hitler did. I just took a poop and I bet Hitler did that a few times. I'm hoping the teacher can see the illogical leap of faith she was taking when comparing the governor to Hitler. Just because someone makes a political move that Hitler made doesn't mean they're about to go kill 6 million people or lead the world into war.

I liked most of my teachers in HS. Some were good and some average at best but someone so ignorant as this lady shouldn't be teaching kids.

badger
2/17/2011, 04:19 PM
The one teacher went on a rant saying that the first thing Hitler did was getting rid of the unions - or something like that.

Next thing you know, they're going to compare being forced to return to teaching instead of on the streets protesting as placing teachers in concentration camps.

I am not Jewish, but all of this Hitler comparison must really really tick Jewish people off sometimes. :(

Aldebaran
2/17/2011, 04:21 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Ald3baran/1-1.jpg

http://c0013653.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_4a8c904

badger
2/17/2011, 04:24 PM
http://c0013653.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_4a8c904

That made me smile a little bit. When it came time to choose colleges, mom wanted me as far away from Madison as possible for many reasons.

1- Madison destroyed an ROTC building in protest of the Vietnam War.
2- Madison hosts annual weed and drunkyfests on State Street, the street next to the capitol.
3- Madison chant "Eat S---, F--- you" back and forth before UW football games
4- Madison is the liberal epicenter for a mostly conservative rural farming state.

That badger is perfect for "Madtown." :D

C&CDean
2/17/2011, 04:25 PM

Hell, I probably do a thousand things a day that Hitler did. I just took a poop and I bet Hitler did that a few times. I'm hoping the teacher can see the illogical leap of faith she was taking when comparing the governor to Hitler. Just because someone makes a political move that Hitler made doesn't mean they're about to go kill 6 million people or lead the world into war.

I liked most of my teachers in HS. Some were good and some average at best but someone so ignorant as this lady shouldn't be teaching kids.

Why is anyone suprised? Our universities are crammed to the rafters with liberal loonies. These kids didn't just show up in Madison with these stupid opinions and militant ideas. They LEARNED them from their esteemed professors. ****ing birkenstockers.

virginiasooner
2/17/2011, 04:28 PM
Protests in the streets? Removal of high political officials?

I fully expect to see Obama telling the gov to step down....

Geez, get a grip -- President Obama doesn't have that kind of power. BUT Wisconsin has a recall provision. The law says that the governor has to be in office for a year first, though.

And one person's "indoctrination" is another person's "teachable moment."

pphilfran
2/17/2011, 04:33 PM
Geez, get a grip -- President Obama doesn't have that kind of power. BUT Wisconsin has a recall provision. The law says that the governor has to be in office for a year first, though.

And one person's "indoctrination" is another person's "teachable moment."

lol...he didn't have the power to be able to expect change in Egypt...all he needed was a bunch of demonstrators...

This is just the tip of the iceberg...wait till the fed starts looking at SS and other entitlements....the chit will really hit the fan...

pphilfran
2/17/2011, 05:08 PM
Our Supreme Leader speaks...

"Looks like an attack on unions...."

I am stunned that he would say such a thing....

AlboSooner
2/17/2011, 05:12 PM
If you use the Hitler card, you lose a lot of credibility IMO.

I am not Jewish, but all of this Hitler comparison must really really tick Jewish people off sometimes.

I doubt it.

okie52
2/17/2011, 05:27 PM
Our Supreme Leader speaks...

"Looks like an attack on unions...."

I am stunned that he say such a thing....

He better hurry and create another $60,000,000,000 exemption for them.

delhalew
2/17/2011, 05:37 PM
In this time of renewed civility, shouldn't the President condemn the rhetoric and the unions marching on the governors home?

sappstuf
2/17/2011, 05:37 PM
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wi-hitler3.jpg

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wi-hitler2.jpg

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wi-hitler1.jpg

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wi-hitler5.jpg

And my personal favorite:

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wi-impeachbush.jpg

pphilfran
2/17/2011, 05:38 PM
In this time of renewed civility, shouldn't the President condemn the rhetoric and the unions marching on the governors home?

Only if the rioters were republicans....

47straight
2/17/2011, 05:49 PM
The impeach bush sign is hilarious.

SicEmBaylor
2/17/2011, 05:56 PM
Every teacher who called in sick today ought to be fired.

sappstuf
2/17/2011, 05:58 PM

I'm sure you mean they should receive paid administrative leave....

Sooner5030
2/17/2011, 06:15 PM
did they get paid for today? Seriously.....did f'ing taxpayer money just go to folks who said f'no, i'm not going to work today?

We're in for a rough couple of years.......at least I hope it only last a few years.

delhalew
2/17/2011, 06:32 PM

Ding ding ding. The sorry sacks are bullet proof. When we all stand up to unions, we can go get better teachers.

delhalew
2/17/2011, 06:34 PM
did they get paid for today? Seriously.....did f'ing taxpayer money just go to folks who said f'no, i'm not going to work today?

We're in for a rough couple of years.......at least I hope it only last a few years.
They get paid today, and for the rest of their lives.

Sooner98
2/17/2011, 06:40 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Ald3baran/1-1.jpg

GIMME!! GIMME!! GIMME!!

Sooner5030
2/17/2011, 06:44 PM
I just think it's a bad PR move as far as timing goes. It raises awareness that these folks skipped work to complain about contributing a little more to THEIR pension and healthcare plans.

Most private sector folks......if still employed....would love to contribute a % to a pension.

soonercoop1
2/17/2011, 07:35 PM
Cowardly liberal/progressive Dems in the senate boarded a bus and left the state to avoid the vote...keep it up as it exposes them for exactly what they are...the teachers should be suspended or "expelled" like the air traffic controllers were way back when...

cccasooner2
2/17/2011, 07:46 PM
What is Government if Words Have No Meaning?

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2011, 08:25 PM
Why is anyone suprised? Our universities are crammed to the rafters with liberal loonies.

Especially the University of Wisconsin. Donna Shalala used to be the Chancellor for the University of Wisconsin system. Here is an interesting excerpt from Wiki:

She next served as Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Under her chancellorship and with her support, the University adopted a broad speech code subjecting students to disciplinary action for communications that were perceived as hate speech. That speech code was later found unconstitutional by a federal judge. Also while chancellor, Shalala supported passage of a revised faculty speech code broadly restricting "harmful" speech in both "noninstructional" and "instructional" settings. The faculty speech code was abolished ten years later, after a number of professors were investigated for alleged or suspected violations.

Sounds like Hitler. :D

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2011, 08:31 PM

Or allowed to show up in a building and do nothing for full pay.

Read the following as long as you are not prone to outbursts:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/08/nyregion/08schools.html

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/LAUSD-Teachers-Paid-to-Idle.html

StoopTroup
2/17/2011, 09:29 PM
I don't have much to say about the protesting however it sure does seem that a good number of folks think that throwing money at a problem is the best solution. I think it's a mistake and a copout and can cause longterm damage. To many folks can't keep their hands off these pension funds. I suspect it has little to do with helping anything and more to due with punishing people they think don't deserve it.

One way to tell if a politician cares about people is when they go after their pension funds. If you want to see people get ugly...get into their pockets and **** with their pay. If you don't like your employees...fire them and replace them but make damn sure you have their last check ready. State Employees are no different than anyone else. They're people who sleep, eat and **** like the rest of us. Leave their retirement alone. It's theirs. People who are elected to make good on promises and don't get the wrath of the mob. The mob isn't democratic or republican. The mob is just pissed off and waiting for you to tear gas them.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/17/2011, 09:37 PM
Out here in California, most of the teachers have bent over and took it up the *** like good public servants. It's the firefighters who are screaming and fighting.

soonercruiser
2/17/2011, 09:41 PM

I saw that student questioned on video.
Wonder if the Drive-bys covered that story????
(prolly NOT!)

soonercruiser
2/17/2011, 09:43 PM
OK, a native Wisconsinite should step in and say something to defend her home state, shouldn't she? :D

Don't let the crazy protests in Madison reflect the entire state. While some proposed changes might be alarming, it is exactly what the majority of the state voted for in 2010.

Thanks for the perspective Badger!

soonercruiser
2/17/2011, 09:50 PM

I heard a report where the gov is contemplating requiring teachers bring a doctor's certification of illness when they return.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/18/2011, 01:14 AM
And what of Whitefish Bay, Badger? Or Rhinelander? Eh? Tell me of their zeitgeist, Fraulein.

(The only two places in Wisco-Disco where I've spent any time; and enjoyable it was, too.)

Yea Rhinelander!!! My Dad's home town and where we have a cottage on Town Line lake. It is so left the Damn Near Russia (DNR) won't let us trim trees near the lake and we can't kill the bladderwort in the lake that was brought from the outside...

Also, no one there want's to work. They are either on the dole or out "guiding" then go on the dole... Though outside of guiding, there isn't much to do but work for the county or the state...

This protest thing is stupid, bunch of loud mouth labor stoolies...Then the dems run out of state like they Texas dems did...Run to an Illinois resort. They should be arrested and forced back to the state house!

Hope the people's elected gov. gets it right and passes those spending cuts.

MamaMia
2/18/2011, 01:41 AM
bigfatjerk, I apologize for not seeing your thread before I posted another one on the same subject. I don't have merging powers. :O

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/18/2011, 02:16 AM
Lmao. They got the cops out looking for the Wisky Dems.reporters found a couple of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxKk3DSW6Sk&feature=player_embedded

MamaMia
2/18/2011, 02:18 AM

Obama said "It seems more like an assault on unions"...He said "its important not to vilify them." Really Mr. President? We should not "vilify" the Hitler card playing union workers who have even gone so far as to demonstrate in front of the Governors home? :rolleyes:

2/18/2011, 02:23 AM

We're in for a rough couple of years.......at least I hope it only last a few years.Hushyermouf! Didn't you think we were gonna get "change" and "transformation"?

AlbqSooner
2/18/2011, 06:40 AM
When asked what they were protesting a young man said, " to stop what that dude is doing".

Sounds like his teacher failed to provide him with adequate education. Fire the teacher.;)

MamaMia
2/18/2011, 08:16 AM
Wisconsin is having a huge budget deficit to the tune of 100 mill. Why cant the union members kick in half toward their pensions and 12% of their heath care insurance? If you take everyone of them combined, it only amounts to about 7% of the salaries. All the bill considers is for state workers to pay 12% toward their health care coverage. Its costing $22,000.00 a year in tax payer dollars for every union member. Most non union member employees pay much more out of pocket for their own coverage and retirement. The union members should have to contribute toward their own care, like the rest of us.

In reference to eliminating collective bargaining. Its the tax payers money thats been paying for them. Public opinion is showing that the majority of the tax payers in that state want it stopped.

soonercruiser
2/18/2011, 12:43 PM
Obama said "It seems more like an assault on unions"...He said "its important not to vilify them." Really Mr. President? We should not "vilify" the Hitler card playing union workers who have even gone so far as to demonstrate in front of the Governors home? :rolleyes:

By taking sides (or empathizing), "The One" again vilifies the opposition.
Great way to "bring us together"!
(ANOTHER of his PROMISES BROKEN!)
This is what Obama thinks of any opposing opinions....

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Political/Copy%20of%20Obama%20-%20healthcare.jpg

soonercruiser
2/18/2011, 12:51 PM
Wisconsin is having a huge budget deficit to the tune of 100 mill. Why cant the union members kick in half toward their pensions and 12% of their heath care insurance? If you take everyone of them combined, it only amounts to about 7% of the salaries. All the bill considers is for state workers to pay 12% toward their health care coverage. Its costing $22,000.00 a year in tax payer dollars for every union member. Most non union member employees pay much more out of pocket for their own coverage and retirement. The union members should have to contribute toward their own care, like the rest of us.

In reference to eliminating collective bargaining. Its the tax payers money thats been paying for them. Public opinion is showing that the majority of the tax payers in that state want it stopped.

Wisconsin debt = $43 BILLION
http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-wisconsin-debt-clock.html
The "little" details...
http://www.wistax.org/news_releases/2010/1005.html
http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/Wisconsin_state_budget

badger
2/18/2011, 12:51 PM
btw, the state troopers are getting sent after the democratic caucus leader to get the democrats to stop being babies and come vote.

i wasn't down here when the dems fled to oklahoma rather than vote for redistricting, but you know what? redistricting eventually passed, so what did they accomplish besides feeding oklahoma's economy via the holiday inns they stayed in?

they're not gonna prevent the passage of this bill. they're just wasting time that they should have been using to promote their own viewpoints.

delhalew
2/18/2011, 01:35 PM

Let there be no doubt who and what this man is, among other things, a union whore.

The DNC and Obama own political machine, Organizing for America, are recruiting and transporting protesters to Wisconsin. Why.

The unions and Barry's fate are one.

The unions have been granted special deals and exemptions from Obama. Seen there rolls swell through increases in spending, and seen Obama appoint labor exec who believe businesses should have no say in labor negotiations.

This is the moment in history were we either let unions eat us alive, or stand up and demand an end to the strangulation sponsored by the union owned democrats.

Wisconsin...remember the names of the democrats in hiding, who are holding your legislature hostage.

badger
2/18/2011, 01:45 PM
Unions have accomplished good things over the years and I think many in Wisconsin are proud that they started there, but I think their time has passed. There might come a time when something like unions will be important in organized labor again, but right now, it just seems to get people to pay dues every year so they can sponsor political candidates.

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 01:50 PM
Unions have accomplished good things over the years and I think many in Wisconsin are proud that they started there, but I think their time has passed. There might come a time when something like unions will be important in organized labor again, but right now, it just seems to get people to pay dues every year so they can sponsor political candidates.

Not even that. The union is mostly concerned with self-preservation -- the union exists to exist, an industry in of itself.

delhalew
2/18/2011, 02:01 PM
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Unions stopped being about the worker long ago. People are creatures of habit.Before he passed, you couldn't get my grandfather to understand what unions had become. Unions are a huge part of Midwest culture. There survival depends in taking the power back.

MR2-Sooner86
2/18/2011, 02:11 PM
Milwaukee Teachers' Union Suing To Have ED Drugs Back On Health Insurance Plans (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/06/milwaukee-teachers-viagra_n_673680.html)

I hope they lose this fight and it starts a chain reaction that slowly kills the American Union.

Probably why they're all up in arms. They know they're under attack and if they lose, game over.

delhalew
2/18/2011, 02:16 PM
Milwaukee Teachers' Union Suing To Have ED Drugs Back On Health Insurance Plans (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/06/milwaukee-teachers-viagra_n_673680.html)

I hope they lose this fight and it starts a chain reaction that slowly kills the American Union.

Probably why they're all up in arms. They know they're under attack and if they lose, game over.

There's the problem they are tired of paying for viagra. The ****ing nerve of these people.

2/18/2011, 02:31 PM
Unions have accomplished good things over the years and I think many in Wisconsin are proud that they started there, but I think their time has passed. There might come a time when something like unions will be important in organized labor again, but right now, it just seems to get people to pay dues every year so they can sponsor democrat political candidates.FIFY

badger
2/18/2011, 02:45 PM
FIFY

C'mon rush... you know darn well that they'd screw a Republican candidate over by supporting a primary rival... and do we really need post correcting when such an obviousness is obvious? :P

Oh and "sick" teachers don't work for a dummy district:

Because of the high number of absences that have already been reported for tomorrow, Wednesday February 16, 2011, and based on the information that we have received that there may be numerous more absences called in, be advised that if you are absent from work Wednesday (Feb 16), Thursday (Feb 17) and/or Friday (Feb 18) for either personal illness or family illness, you are required to provide documentation from a medical provider supporting such absence. This documentation must state that you or the ill family member was seen by the medical provider and there was a medical basis for your absence. If you do not provide this documentation, you will not be allowed to use personal or family illness leave and your pay will be docked.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/02/wi-school-district-sick-teachers-face-docked-pay-other-discipline#ixzz1ELDg1vFO

Madison and Milwaukee, by far the most left-leaning parts of the states, once again had their districts call school off today because of teacher absences. I also heard of some northeastern Wisconsin districts calling classes off because of the protests and teachers flooding Madison en masse.

A Wausau media site ran this letter:

EDITOR: Kudos to all of the Wausau and Mosinee teachers who called in sick Thursday and Friday and drove to Madison to protest. You taught all of your students and their parents some valuable lessons this week:

Lesson 1: It is OK to call in sick even when you are not sick. Note to students: This may not work well for you when you are an adult, unless you are a member of a union.

Lesson 2: A state government democratically elected through free and fair elections is only fair when you agree with them.

Lesson 3: Shutting down the schools to protect your own self interests while hurting the students, parents and taxpayers your serve great example of self sacrifice.

Lessons learned! On a more positive note, get well soon and we all hope you are feeling better next week. Good luck in your quest to protect your collective bargaining rights, to maintain and uphold our wonderful educational system that ranks 22nd in the world. Thanks for reminding us that the "u" in union stands for "you."

Bill Shnowske,

Wausau

sappstuf
2/18/2011, 03:12 PM
When school children start paying union dues, that's when I'll start representing the interests of school children.

Albert Shanker, Former President of the American Federation of Teachers

2/18/2011, 03:21 PM
C'mon rush... you know darn well that they'd screw a Republican candidate over by supporting a primary rival... and do we really need post correcting when such an obviousness is obvious? :P
You jest cain't summon up the IF to call the democrats out by name. I was just heppin' you out, there. You're welcome.

OhU1
2/18/2011, 03:24 PM
The Teamsters endorsed Reagan for his 2nd term. I don't think it was because they actually liked Reagan, it was just obvious he was going to blow out Mondale so why not try to curry at least some goodwill? My theory anyway.

badger
2/18/2011, 03:27 PM
I have seen some media out there compare this protesting to what we've seen recently in Egypt.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2011/20110218_Plante201102018.jpg

Egypt's protest was a representation of the majority of Egyptians, who were tired of being illiterate in poverty and ignored by an unelected dictator.

Wisconsin's protest is a representation of the minority of the state, by virtue of the fact that the Republican governor whom they are protesting was elected by majority vote in 2010. Did I mention that Wisconsin had a Democrat governor for eight years before the current guy took office after the most recent election?

ugh what a mess.

delhalew
2/18/2011, 03:39 PM
I have seen some media out there compare this protesting to what we've seen recently in Egypt.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2011/20110218_Plante201102018.jpg

Egypt's protest was a representation of the majority of Egyptians, who were tired of being illiterate in poverty and ignored by an unelected dictator.

Wisconsin's protest is a representation of the minority of the state, by virtue of the fact that the Republican governor whom they are protesting was elected by majority vote in 2010. Did I mention that Wisconsin had a Democrat governor for eight years before the current guy took office after the most recent election?

ugh what a mess.

So are the protesters and...wait for it...Jesse Jackson. Seriously, he is in Wisky stirring the pot.

badger
2/18/2011, 03:58 PM
So are the protesters and...wait for it...Jesse Jackson. Seriously, he is in Wisky stirring the pot.

oh yes, i heard about that. he was apparently leading wisconsin in "we shall overcome."

But I've got an even BETTER story about Jesse Jackson and Wisconsin. It goes something like this:

The year is 1988. The state is Wisconsin, and the Democratic nominee for president is... Jesse Jackson.

Or at least it appears to be. 11 states victorious later and earning 6.9 million votes, Jesse appeared to be heading toward becoming the first black nominee by a major party for president. The UAW endorsed him against union rules (because of a rally at a recently closed Chrysler plant in the state) and Wisconsin seemed to be his until...

THE BRADLEY EFFECT.

In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it's where in an attempt to appear non-racist and at least unbiased, white voters will tell pollsters that they are either voting for a black candidate, or that they are undecided, when they are quite decidedly against the black candidate in reality. It was cited as the chief reason why Jackson was INCREDIBLY defeated in Wisconsin.

The defeat paved the way for Dukakis to take the Democratic nomination (he'd later lose to Reagan, yes, had to get a Reagan reference in for all of you fellow Republicans - LONG LIVE RONNIE! haha, i made that up). It completely derailed the Jackson campaign and killed all of the momentum he had up to that point. Jackson would never be a strong contender for president ever again.

I personally view Jackson as a race-baiter, but he has not always been. It was Wisconsin that seemed to permanently turn him sour, to convince him that he could never become president simply because of his ethnicity (Obama says hi - yes, had to get an Obama reference in for all of you fun South Oval Democrats. HOPE AND CHANGE!). Before Wisconsin, he spoke of all of us being God's children and that we should work together toward equality.

Blame Wisconsin for Jesse Jackson. :D

soonercruiser
2/18/2011, 06:17 PM
Just watched Gov. Walker's press conference....
He said Wisconsin debt is $3.6 Billion.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2011, 07:14 PM
oh yes, i heard about that. he was apparently leading wisconsin in "we shall overcome."

But I've got an even BETTER story about Jesse Jackson and Wisconsin. It goes something like this:

The year is 1988. The state is Wisconsin, and the Democratic nominee for president is... Jesse Jackson.

Or at least it appears to be. 11 states victorious later and earning 6.9 million votes, Jesse appeared to be heading toward becoming the first black nominee by a major party for president. The UAW endorsed him against union rules (because of a rally at a recently closed Chrysler plant in the state) and Wisconsin seemed to be his until...

THE BRADLEY EFFECT.

In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it's where in an attempt to appear non-racist and at least unbiased, white voters will tell pollsters that they are either voting for a black candidate, or that they are undecided, when they are quite decidedly against the black candidate in reality. It was cited as the chief reason why Jackson was INCREDIBLY defeated in Wisconsin.

The defeat paved the way for Dukakis to take the Democratic nomination (he'd later lose to Reagan, yes, had to get a Reagan reference in for all of you fellow Republicans - LONG LIVE RONNIE! haha, i made that up). It completely derailed the Jackson campaign and killed all of the momentum he had up to that point. Jackson would never be a strong contender for president ever again.

I personally view Jackson as a race-baiter, but he has not always been. It was Wisconsin that seemed to permanently turn him sour, to convince him that he could never become president simply because of his ethnicity (Obama says hi - yes, had to get an Obama reference in for all of you fun South Oval Democrats. HOPE AND CHANGE!). Before Wisconsin, he spoke of all of us being God's children and that we should work together toward equality.

Blame Wisconsin for Jesse Jackson. :D

Well Dukakis lost to Bush but I understand the point was to mention Reagan .

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 08:10 PM
Advice to teachers: If you are going to protest, dress like a professional. Most of the teachers I have seen in the photos look like they're waiting for a bus.

soonercruiser
2/18/2011, 10:00 PM
Advice to teachers: If you are going to protest, dress like a professional. Most of the teachers I have seen in the photos look like they're waiting for a bus.

Yes! Most of them were "bused-in" by the Dem Nat. Committee and "Organizing for America".

Leroy Lizard
2/18/2011, 10:54 PM
Yes! Most of them were "bused-in" by the Dem Nat. Committee and "Organizing for America".

Good catch.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/18/2011, 11:50 PM
I am trapped listening to CNN on how the dems in wisconsin are being responsible and the gov. is being sooo dictatorial. Hello dems, you lost fair and square. You need to do your job and dissent in your vote, not prevent it.

I would love for the Wisc. Governor to finds some law and declares that the dems have abondoned their position, declare them and the position vacant and call for new elections for the dems in those districts.

Yeah, run away you cowards...

SanJoaquinSooner
2/18/2011, 11:56 PM
Good catch.

Hey Leroy, your pension is next!

2/19/2011, 12:00 AM
Back in the early days of the Beautiful People, there was uncertainty as to which college was the most Left-wing. The battle was IMHO between Berkeley and Madison. Now, over 40 yrs. later, Madison pulls back into the lead!

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 12:11 AM
Hey Leroy, your pension is next!

Not likely.

Flagstaffsooner
2/19/2011, 01:40 AM
Michelle Malkin (http://michellemalkin.com/)
Support Wisconsin: Trumka storms Madison tomorrow; Walker supporters to rally Saturday; a disgusted teacher calls out unions

By Michelle Malkin • February 17, 2011 10:21 PM
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ZZ04980952.jpg
It’s the National Thug Convergence.
AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka — refresh your memories of his violent rise to power here (http://michellemalkin.com/2010/09/03/big-labors-legacy-of-violence/) — announced that he’ll be storming Madison, Wisconsin tomorrow (http://twitter.com/#!/JenniSiri/statuses/38430565128474624) to join all the Hitler/Mubarak-sign toters and teachers ditching their jobs.
The showdown is scheduled for high noon.
Check out Vicki McKenna’s photo gallery (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=271140&id=57082507410&l=86e4dce428#!/photo.php?fbid=500251072410&set=a.500250997410.271140.57082507410&theater) for today’s scenes from the mob.
A taste:
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/onedown.jpg
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mob2.jpg
The DNC and Organizing for America (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0211/DNC_playing_role_in_Wisconsin_protests.html) are in battle mode.
House GOP Speaker John Boehner (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/144889-boehner-wades-into-wisconsin-labor-battle-backing-gop-governor) stands with GOP Gov. Scott Walker and taxpayers sick of bloated unions and endless entitlements funded on their dime.
Supporters are planning a rally Saturday to show their support for long-overdue public union reform. Details here. (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142039272524888)
From a Tea Party reader, how to support Wisconsin if you can’t be there in person:
Like many of you, I am watching in shock as “union thugs” try to intimidate the Wisconsin Legislators. The Left is using all the resources they can to stop the much needed budget cuts. If you thought we were going to take our country back without a fight, you were wrong. It is rumored that protesters were actually paid by the AFL-CIO and our “friends” from the SEIU who brought in organizers and protesters.
In response to these protests., I have started a Facebook Page at: www.StandWithWI.com (http://www.StandWithWI.com)
In case you want to cheer on the Wisconsin legislature who are fighting the teachers unions, here on the governors’ and legislature email addresses….maybe you could pass them on. Just send them a “Good Job keep up the good work!”
Tell Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker that we are behind him!
Office of Governor Scott Walker
115 East Capitol
Madison WI 53702
[email protected]
608-266-1212[/quote]
Support Gov Walker

Tulsa_Fireman
2/19/2011, 02:46 AM
So someone do me a favor and tell me what the hell the ability to collectively bargain has to do with this and why it'd be denied?

EXCESSIVE benefits such as 90% pensions, fully paid health care, and exit bonuses are to blame. Collective bargaining didn't make the deficit. It's no different than the argument of the gun or the man that pulls the trigger being responsible for gun crime. Excessive benefits are excessive benefits. Period. Reduce expenditure and increase employee contributions where necessary. But don't blame collective bargaining. That's blaming the gun. Blame the shooters, both state officials and employees who let these benefits skyrocket to such questionable levels.

The same things are happening right here in Oklahoma with a full head of steam as multiple bills are in 2nd and 3rd step. But they aren't after 90% pensions or 100% taxpayer funded healthcare because those things don't exist for Oklahoma public sector workers like they do in California, Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. They're after pensions legislators have been raiding for as long as there's been pension systems in the state. They're after pension systems they've already raped which resulted in the unfunded liabilities they're using as boogeymen and as examples of why pensions are unviable along with examples that don't compare. They're after the ability for common employees to come to their employers and negotiate a reasonable wage for the whole of the employment. They're after the ability to use a neutral arbiter to help both sides hammer out disputes. They're after paltry 50% pension plans whose employee group contribution is some of the largest in the United States with some of the lowest disbursements in the United States. They're NOT after fully paid health care benefits because most Oklahoma state pension plans don't pay ANY insurance, that being wholly a cost upon the employee just like Joe Privatesector. They're not concerned with no wages qualifying under Social Security because of these wages falling under these now qualifying pension plans.

All that to say this.

Oklahoma is NOT Wisconsin. California. Ohio. Public sector employees aren't raping the taxpayer like they've done in these states. Legislators, the exact same legislators that have been raiding the cupboards of public employee pension funding sources, the exact same legislators that are screaming that we're doomed when THEY'RE the ones that doomed us, the exact same legislators that are happy for the average Oklahoman to believe the rhetoric coming from all these other situations of pension insanity, those are the folks that are passing bills using all these circumstances to sell you a bill of goods as a taxpayer that public employees are a bunch of damn pirates screwing you out of every dime you've earned.

Since when has a retired firefighter that's spending half of his retirement on health care costs screwed you out of a single dime?

The answer is never.

SoCaliSooner
2/19/2011, 03:13 AM
Since when has a retired firefighter that's spending half of his retirement on health care costs screwed you out of a single dime?

The answer is never.

I was having this same discussion with a tulsa firefighter this week. We were discussing injuries and how the occupation grinds men down and out. We have our own pension that's not part of the CALPERS for state employees. As much as people want to whine and moan about firefighter salaries or health care costs, people often don't understand the nature of the job.
At 38, I am currently off work waiting to have surgery to repair my right knee that was injured on a fire...with torn meniscus and a torn ACL. Coupled with a right shoulder that was repaired 5 years ago after a roof collapse and some other health issues as a result of Ground Zero exposure.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 03:32 AM
At 38, I am currently off work waiting to have surgery to repair my right knee that was injured on a fire...with torn meniscus and a torn ACL.

You don't have to stamp out fires anymore. We now have water hoses.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/19/2011, 03:52 AM
Shut up, Leroy. The men are talking.

olevetonahill
2/19/2011, 04:26 AM

:D

soonerhubs
2/19/2011, 05:17 AM
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Unions stopped being about the worker long ago. People are creatures of habit.Before he passed, you couldn't get my grandfather to understand what unions had become. Unions are a huge part of Midwest culture. There survival depends in taking the power back.

Bingo!

GrapevineSooner
2/19/2011, 08:48 AM
Hell, I probably do a thousand things a day that Hitler did. I just took a poop and I bet Hitler did that a few times.

You know what else Hitler did that you probably do, too?

He ate food that gave him severe flatulence.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 09:14 AM

What an ***-hole.

bigfatjerk
2/19/2011, 01:24 PM
So someone do me a favor and tell me what the hell the ability to collectively bargain has to do with this and why it'd be denied?

It wouldn't. All this says is that the teachers would have to pay a little more th an they are used to and nowhere near what the private sector pays. I think this is more a lot made made out of very little looking at it. New Jersey and New York and California have or are about to do similar legislation. There wasn't a big deal made of this from the press when Christie started doing this a year ago. And he has about 55% approval in NJ now. And he's a republican gvnr in New Jersey. Think about how liberal that state is and he has a fairly high approval rating.

2/19/2011, 01:48 PM
If I heard correctly, Wisc. legislation will allow unions to collectively bargain on their wages, but not on the perks and pensions. It's about the govt. saving money, in lieu of more burdensome taxation.

ouwasp
2/19/2011, 02:01 PM
Do you ever wonder...

that if the TV cameras with their red blinking lights went away, maybe the protestors would too? And maybe the AWOL politicians would show up to do their jobs?

soonerscuba
2/19/2011, 02:22 PM
If I heard correctly, Wisc. legislation will allow unions to collectively bargain on their wages, but not on the perks and pensions. It's about the govt. saving money, in lieu of more burdensome taxation.I think their wages are tied to the CPI which leaves them with no real bargaining power. I see both sides of this one. While I see no problem with making the union ante up a bit more money to their own benefits, the governor becoming a deficit hawk after cutting taxes is a legitimate gripe on behalf of the union. My guess is that they gain their collective bargaining agreements back, but you never know.

GrandStrandSooner
2/19/2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe they could stop paying union dues and not notice the amount they're being asked to pay.
Just an idea.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2011, 08:53 PM
Do you ever wonder...

that if the TV cameras with their red blinking lights went away, maybe the protestors would too? And maybe the AWOL politicians would show up to do their jobs?

Sure, but it's a story. Why would the news media stay away?