PDA

View Full Version : I hate Cancer!!!!!!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
2/17/2011, 07:45 AM
It is an incedious ****ing disease that is brutal on entire families!!

**** you cancer...**** you right in your face.

My young niece was diagnosed with Luekemia Dec 09...she rocked the chemo like it was cool...she had been doing awesome...until late last year. They found a mass next to her spine...soooo, another round of chemo. With the latest round of chemo, it became apparent that she was going to need a bone marrow transplant. The entire family has registered and been tested...:( no match.

NOW...she has ANOTHER mass next to her spine!!! **** YOU CANCER!!!!

This is not just for my niece...this is for EVERYONE who needs bone marrow

www.marrow.org (http://www.marrow.org) If you sign up, they send you the kit to swab the inside of you mouth send it back to them and you are registered. Free, fast, and it may save someones life.

olevetonahill
2/17/2011, 09:25 AM
Ill Be a Prayin for Her and the rest of ya.
I have a great nephew who beat that **** in the mid 90s, Hes going strong.

Good luck

SOONER44EVER
2/17/2011, 09:27 AM
Prayers to you and yours. We need to find a cure for this terrible disease.

sooner59
2/17/2011, 09:50 AM
My fiance's dad died of leukemia when she was 13, and she has a younger brother and sister. I hear you. Its terrible. Tell her to keep fighting. Thoughts and prayers your way.

C&CDean
2/17/2011, 10:08 AM
There's a young boy in Lexington who has been battling brain cancer since he was < 1 year old. He's about 8 now. He's had surgeries, chemo a bunch of times, etc. and we just found out the cancer is back. He's old enough now to kind of understand it all and he's scared to death. His parents have 4 other kids - all younger than him and they're worried about them (all get tested regularly and so far none of them have it).

Anyhow, pray for all the kids out there with this effed up disease. It's crap for the kid, and major crap for the family. Do what you can to help those with family members in this situation. They need all the help they can get.

olevetonahill
2/17/2011, 10:21 AM
Well said Dean
Has anyone heard from Leaving the Zoo?

OUthunder
2/17/2011, 10:55 AM
This is a subject that is extremely close to my heart. Best wishes and prayers your way.

soonerchk
2/17/2011, 11:00 AM
Cancer sucks goat balls.

I hope your niece and anyone else reading who's currently living with it finds a cure and happy things for the future.

sooneron
2/17/2011, 11:05 AM
A very good friend of mine has stage four Ewing's Medstat sarcoma. He's fighting it and is EXTREMELY lucky that the Doc supervising is THE (best on the planet) doctor on this type of cancer. It's hell watching someone go through it and I cannot imagine watching a child deal with it. It breaks my heart to think about it.

Cancer needs a mudhole stomped in it!

AlboSooner
2/17/2011, 11:16 AM
I will be praying for your niece.

I am confident that very soon we will make tremendous advances in fighting cancer.

NormanPride
2/17/2011, 11:32 AM
Signed up and ready to give.

My aunt is at the end of her rope due to this ****ty disease. She's a cool girl, and the world is better with her in it. Stupid ****ty cancer.

Boomer.....
2/17/2011, 11:36 AM
Prayers to all of the people and families going through this horrible disease.

ouduckhunter
2/17/2011, 12:50 PM
That is very, very, sad. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers.

Soonerfan88
2/17/2011, 12:55 PM
This is why my only charity is St. Jude's. They seem to be doing as well or better in research/treatment/prevention than anyone else.

SoonerNate
2/17/2011, 01:36 PM
It is an incedious ****ing disease that is brutal on entire families!!

**** you cancer...**** you right in your face.

My young niece was diagnosed with Luekemia Dec 09...she rocked the chemo like it was cool...she had been doing awesome...until late last year. They found a mass next to her spine...soooo, another round of chemo. With the latest round of chemo, it became apparent that she was going to need a bone marrow transplant. The entire family has registered and been tested...:( no match.

NOW...she has ANOTHER mass next to her spine!!! **** YOU CANCER!!!!

This is not just for my niece...this is for EVERYONE who needs bone marrow

www.marrow.org (http://www.marrow.org) If you sign up, they send you the kit to swab the inside of you mouth send it back to them and you are registered. Free, fast, and it may save someones life.

I'd like to see us spend half of what we waste on the defense budget to coming up with a cure for this bull**** disease.

Howzit
2/17/2011, 01:52 PM
Signed up and ready to give.

+1

I'm very sorry for all this horrible disease has touched. I have been incredibly fortunate not to have been impacted in either friends or family.

I've thought about signing up to be a donor for years...now I have. I hope I can help someone's life through this.

soonercruiser
2/17/2011, 10:18 PM
Prayers here too.

Mixer!
2/18/2011, 10:55 AM
In.

OUHOMER
2/18/2011, 11:01 AM
A good Friend ours just past from this ****.

prayers are in

Sooner in Tampa
6/3/2011, 12:04 PM
UPDATE:

We found out last night that she is down to her last option for chemo. If this doesn't get rid of it...

Anyway...thanks to all for the prayers, but can we double down on those now? Please...it has been a rough night for the family...it is the toughest thing. I can't even begin to imagine what her dad is going through...it is killing me enough...I just want to puch the **** out of something or someone...

Turd_Ferguson
6/3/2011, 12:35 PM
Doubling down...:(

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 01:03 PM
This shouldn't happen to anyone, bu it is even more heart breaking for it to happen to a child.

Prayers for all.

SoonerLVZ
6/3/2011, 01:17 PM
I'm in. No one, much less a child, should have to deal with this.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 01:33 PM
UPDATE:

We found out last night that she is down to her last option for chemo. If this doesn't get rid of it...

Anyway...thanks to all for the prayers, but can we double down on those now? Please...it has been a rough night for the family...it is the toughest thing. I can't even begin to imagine what her dad is going through...it is killing me enough...I just want to puch the **** out of something or someone...

You have my prayers. Life can be tough at times. There is just no way to make something like this fair.

I signed up if they want any marrow from my old *** it's theirs.

KantoSooner
6/3/2011, 03:12 PM
You've got my thoughts.

I'm sure you've got her to good Dr.s, but please seek a second from Anderson in Houston. They've either saved or extended the lives of four people in my family.

Sooner in Tampa
6/6/2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the support..we just learned over the weekend that she has "FLT 3"...it's a mutation that chemo doesn't effect...

Needless to say...it's been tough.

olevetonahill
6/6/2011, 07:36 AM
Just saw the Update, In double.

soonersweetie
6/6/2011, 11:57 AM
Saying many prayers for her and the family. I can't imagine how tough this is. Not sure if you or the family are Christians or not, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. He is the Great Healer! When doctors can't fix it, His touch can.

Lord, please heal this little girl and all affected by this terrible disease.

God Bless

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 12:27 PM
Well crap.

Prayers for the whole family. As has already been said, it's bad enough when it's an adult. It's almost unbearable when it's a child.

SunnySooner
6/6/2011, 08:22 PM
Prayers sent, Tampa, hang in there, I pray that God will send you all peace and comfort as she fights this terrible battle, and of course, that He will send healing to her so that she might tell others for the rest of her life of the miracle she received. Miracles still happen, I know that for a fact. God Bless, and please tell her, that all of us are thinking of her and praying for her, it might lift her spirits to know.

salth2o
6/6/2011, 10:24 PM
prayers sent.

hawaii 5-0
6/6/2011, 11:54 PM
Cancer is a very lonely disease, even if you're not alone.

5-0

Fraggle145
6/7/2011, 01:57 AM
Sorry to hear this man. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Blue
6/7/2011, 02:29 AM
Cancer is a very lonely disease, even if you're not alone.

5-0

Can you elaborate?

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2011, 12:04 PM
Saying many prayers for her and the family. I can't imagine how tough this is. Not sure if you or the family are Christians or not, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. He is the Great Healer! When doctors can't fix it, His touch can.

Lord, please heal this little girl and all affected by this terrible disease.

God Bless
Thank you one and all for your prayers...to be honest...it's what has gotten us through to this point

:( :( :( We are leaving this afternoon to drive to Omaha...the drs. have told the family is time to come and say your good-byes

Word do not do justice to the anger, rage, and sorrow that I feel right now...

I do have to say though...I spent an hour on the phone with our pastor this morning and it brought me an incredible amount of peace...at least for a little while...I know that I will reflect on his words of wisdom at some time.

Please people...join bethematch.com it really only takes 5 minutes to have the opportunity to save a life!!!!

Blue
6/13/2011, 12:07 PM
Very sorry to hear. Prayers sent.

olevetonahill
6/13/2011, 12:11 PM
So sad my brother, be strong the family needs you.

NormanPride
6/13/2011, 12:49 PM
Stay strong. I'm signed up for marrow stuff, so hopefully I can help someone out.

Boomer.....
6/13/2011, 01:04 PM
:(

jkjsooner
6/13/2011, 01:15 PM
Stay strong. I'm signed up for marrow stuff, so hopefully I can help someone out.

This just tears my heart. I've lost a parent to cancer and I have a child. I can't imagine losing him.

What do you need to know to register? I don't know if I've ever even been told my blood type. I do want to do this.

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2011, 01:19 PM

NP...YOU ROCK!!!

jkjsooner...go to http://www.marrow.org/ fill out the questionaire and register...they will send you all the stuff you need. 5 qtips in a package...read the instructions, do what they say, put them back in the package...mail it back...you are done. You just wait for your match to come up...it is uber easy.

Soonerfan88
6/13/2011, 02:56 PM
They used to have a booth set up outside the Union on gamedays which is where I signed up. Do they still do this?

So sorry to hear what your family is going through. Stay strong and lean on Jesus.

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2011, 03:09 PM
My heart is in a million pieces right now...we haven't even left for out trip...

R.I.P Michaela...the world is a little worse off right now

Cheez-It
6/13/2011, 03:14 PM
Absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry. My deepest condolences for you and your family! :(

JDMT
6/13/2011, 03:40 PM
So sorry man.

MsProudSooner
6/13/2011, 03:42 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Pozey
6/13/2011, 03:57 PM
Deepest condolences to you and your entire family Tampa. Very heartbreaking.

Atlsooner
6/13/2011, 06:29 PM
So sorry to read this. My wife has CLL. We start our 2nd. treatment of chemo next week. After that, we immediately fly to Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, for a born marrow and stem cell transplant.

I get so mad at this horrible disease taking it seems all the "good ones". I would give a million bucks to trade places with her so she wouldn't have to go through this.

There are 15 million registered marrow donors in the world. You only need 1 to be a perfect match. We are lucky, her sister is going to be her donor. She is the Perfect Match, and the only one we found out.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all victims and families of this horrible disease.

hawaii 5-0
6/13/2011, 08:37 PM
Can you elaborate?

When the disease is inside you, eating away at the good cells, when you're getting the tumor cut out of you, when you're in the radiation treatment room and the Langoliers come marching in, when you're getting the chemo dripping into you, eating away at your insides, it's you and your body fighting the diseased cells. You have to dig deep, very deep. Depression hits you regardless of the meds, the support. Loneliness.

Sure it's nice to think that having the support of family, friends, health professionals and spiritual guidence is the be-all to fighting the Big C but it's not. Yes it helps immensely. Not alone.

But when it comes right down to it, it's you versus your own mutated cells. And it's a fight to the death. Loneliness tho not alone.

Just my perspective.

5-0

Trump/ Kastan 2012

Kimberlyz4OU
6/13/2011, 09:29 PM
I lost my aunt to this stupid disease today as well! I am so sorry. Surely there has to be something we can do so my kids don't have to worry about this terrible stuff.