PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Spring preview

Always_Sooner
2/16/2011, 10:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges

I think the team to keep an eye on is Texas with all of their coaching changes. The only threat I think Texas could have at least for the first part of the season is they don't play anybody, and there won't be much film on the new schemes.

Always_Sooner
2/16/2011, 11:13 PM
Non conference is key with the new revamped Big 12. Texas does not play anybody and OU has a top tier opponent year in and year out in the non conference schedule.

KantoSooner
2/17/2011, 10:19 AM
Has anyone thought about playing an inter-conference post season game with another conference champion in lieu of a CCG? It might feel weird, but you could do, I don't know, a B12 Champ vs. Big East Champ kind of thing. It would let us play TCU just before bowl season.

Rocko
2/17/2011, 11:14 AM
Wegher is eligible? I thought he was sitting for a year.

SoonerLB
2/17/2011, 11:26 AM
Has anyone thought about playing an inter-conference post season game with another conference champion in lieu of a CCG? It might feel weird, but you could do, I don't know, a B12 Champ vs. Big East Champ kind of thing. It would let us play TCU just before bowl season.

Doubt there would be too many takers on such a game, who would want to take a chance on a crucial loss just before bowl season?

Always_Sooner
2/17/2011, 10:06 PM
I heard he was participating in spring ball, and will practice on scout team, but will not be able to play until the 2012 season.

gaylordfan1
2/17/2011, 10:16 PM
I heard he was participating in spring ball, and will practice on scout team, but will not be able to play until the 2012 season.

This^. He won't play this year.

OUmillenium
2/18/2011, 10:39 AM

Makes way too much sense in a grand playoff scenario but with the current state of affairs the losing team would be ruined.