PDA

View Full Version : Future OU Punter? Watch the Video!

Chrisrokc
2/16/2011, 09:22 PM
Kale Joyce is a Junior in high school... but he is ranked 10th right now nationally through pro kicker, and ranked 2nd at the Pro Kicker Texas Competition..

check his youtube highlight out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EbKujnBwPA

SOONER STEAKER
2/16/2011, 10:20 PM
Tell the kid to walk on and earn a scholly. Giving out scholly's to K/P don't work at OU.

Curly Bill
2/16/2011, 10:21 PM
If he can actually punt or kick I'm sure we're not interested. :D

Chrisrokc
2/16/2011, 10:33 PM
Tell the kid to walk on and earn a scholly. Giving out scholly's to K/P don't work at OU.

He and his family are good friends.. I think right now he is just trying to get in contact with some of the OU coaching staff to see what the have to say/think!

If he can actually punt or kick I'm sure we're not interested. :D

hahaha!

Widescreen
2/16/2011, 10:39 PM
Props to the kid. But punting highlight videos just aren't very exciting. Maybe it's just me.

Chrisrokc
2/16/2011, 10:41 PM
Props to the kid. But punting highlight videos just aren't very exciting. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe not to some but they are just as necessary as any highlight tape for somebody trying to play at the next level! Thanks for looking!

SOONER STEAKER
2/16/2011, 10:44 PM
Send film to OU offices, I'm sure they'll look and drool. Last kid I sent them was Tim Duncan, he did well for OU. But I had Merv Johnson to chat with about Tim and it was like pulling teeth to get them to listen.

Chrisrokc
2/16/2011, 10:53 PM
Send film to OU offices, I'm sure they'll look and drool. Last kid I sent them was Tim Duncan, he did well for OU. But I had Merv Johnson to chat with about Tim and it was like pulling teeth to get them to listen.

He is going to be sending a online "profile" through Stoops' website tomorrow with this film. A copy to the office would probably be good also!

CrimsonRez
2/16/2011, 11:38 PM
TRESS IS THE BEST!!!!

ictsooner7
2/17/2011, 01:20 AM
Come on guys..........did you really watch it close? He is VERY slow from getting the ball to kicking it. Inconsistant. Caught one ball and didn't even kick it, no do overs in a game. We can and will do better. I thought it was going to be actual game highlites. The last kicker we got off youtube is riding the bench now.

Chrisrokc
2/17/2011, 02:03 AM
Come on guys..........did you really watch it close? He is VERY slow from getting the ball to kicking it. Inconsistant. Caught one ball and didn't even kick it, no do overs in a game. We can and will do better. I thought it was going to be actual game highlites. The last kicker we got off youtube is riding the bench now.

Watch the entire video... The first part is the showcase camp.. they tell you in a showcase camp to slow down and take your time when catching the ball and kicking it. The 2nd part of the video which flows from the showcase is all game footage. About 4 minutes of it is game footage. The guy tossing him the ball was a Lou Groza Award winner who punted for Cincinnati, and the guy recording the distances was an All American Punter.

During the game all my hand to kick times are about 2.0-2.3 seconds which is a respectable time in college.. and he was doing that junior year.

If there is any confusion please ask! Hope I cleared things up.

Widescreen
2/17/2011, 09:09 AM
How are you related to this kid?

BigTime1
2/17/2011, 11:22 AM
How are you related to this kid?

He said all " MY " hand to kick times...obviously its HIM

SOONER STEAKER
2/17/2011, 11:29 AM
Tim Duncan attended 2 schools before he caught on with OU, Kentucky State and OSU. Send video to every school and hope you catch the right persons eye with your kicking mechanics.

SoonerLB
2/17/2011, 11:31 AM
BigTime1, I think that was comparison rather than claim.

BigTime1
2/17/2011, 11:41 AM
BigTime1, I think that was comparison rather than claim.

Ummm Im not sure about that.

Widescreen
2/17/2011, 01:37 PM
He is going to be sending a online "profile" through Stoops' website tomorrow with this film.

Watch the entire video... The first part is the showcase camp.. they tell you in a showcase camp to slow down and take your time when catching the ball and kicking it. The 2nd part of the video which flows from the showcase is all game footage. About 4 minutes of it is game footage. The guy tossing him the ball was a Lou Groza Award winner who punted for Cincinnati, and the guy recording the distances was an All American Punter.

During the game all my hand to kick times are about 2.0-2.3 seconds which is a respectable time in college.. and he was doing that junior year.

He said all " MY " hand to kick times...obviously its HIM

If it's him, he's working awfully hard to make it look like he's talking about someone else.

BigTime1
2/17/2011, 01:48 PM
If it's him, he's working awfully hard to make it look like he's talking about someone else.

Yeah that's the point and he got to typing and let one slip. Whatever it doesn't matter anyway.

boomersooner28
2/17/2011, 02:21 PM
Wow...I seriously just started watching a video of a F'ing kicker! A KICKER! What was I doing!?!? I don't give 2 ****s about this kid! Caught me at a weak moment.

KantoSooner
2/17/2011, 02:26 PM
I'd really like to see more kickes move to a two step approach. Cuts a lot of time/space out of the windup. That little first half step is nothing more than a psychological crutch anyway.

fossil
2/17/2011, 03:31 PM
He and his family are good friends.. I think right now he is just trying to get in contact with some of the OU coaching staff to see what the have to say/think!

hahaha!

:D I am so pleased he and his family are good friends!

Widescreen
2/17/2011, 04:12 PM
Hey Chrisrokc, where are you? Inquiring minds want to know.

Chrisrokc
2/17/2011, 04:20 PM
Hey Chrisrokc, where are you? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am from Oklahoma.

CBUS_SOONER
2/17/2011, 07:05 PM
Um am i missing something???? Not impressed at all. I wish i had those three minutes back

Chrisrokc
2/17/2011, 09:34 PM
Um am i missing something???? Not impressed at all. I wish i had those three minutes back

?

Memtig14
2/17/2011, 10:51 PM
He is a 3 step kicker though he did a few 2 steps when rushed. It seemed his average distance in the air during a game was about 35 yards with low hang time.

I must have missed something.

It probably means he will be the next Ray Guy.

Chrisrokc
2/17/2011, 11:13 PM
He is a 3 step kicker though he did a few 2 steps when rushed. It seemed his average distance in the air during a game was about 35 yards with low hang time.

I must have missed something.

It probably means he will be the next Ray Guy.

Mostly a 2 step... it would be real hard to do a 3 step when in the video he started taking steps with his right foot first. Actually he was explaining how he stands completely different then he did in the video, and has changed his form. He is now full 2 step punter. The change has improved hang time and distance already..

for a Junior who in these video has punted less then a year I think you have to consider that if he was doing this with that much time punting under his belt.. he really has a lot of potential and is very coachable which I think is very important and sets him apart. He is very dedicated to succeeding and is working very hard.

thanks for the comments

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2011, 11:47 PM
I'd really like to see more kickes move to a two step approach. Cuts a lot of time/space out of the windup. That little first half step is nothing more than a psychological crutch anyway.

I want to see them start kicking the ball as it sails toward them after the snap. You'd never get one blocked that way.

sooner518
2/18/2011, 08:43 AM
im not going to pretend to know alot about punting but he appears to have a good leg when he hits it solid. no idea if he's good enough to play for OU but good luck to him.

Widescreen
2/18/2011, 08:55 AM
Mostly a 2 step... it would be real hard to do a 3 step when in the video he started taking steps with his right foot first. Actually he was explaining how he stands completely different then he did in the video, and has changed his form. He is now full 2 step punter. The change has improved hang time and distance already..

for a Junior who in these video has punted less then a year I think you have to consider that if he was doing this with that much time punting under his belt.. he really has a lot of potential and is very coachable which I think is very important and sets him apart. He is very dedicated to succeeding and is working very hard.

thanks for the comments

I'm still wondering how you're related to the punter.

Memtig14
2/18/2011, 02:33 PM

thanks for the comments

No, I think in all of the contest punts he three stepped them all (starting with his left foot and not his right.). The film shows 15 punts or there about in games. At least 10 are purely 3 step. There are 2 that he stutters and appears to take 4 steps. There are 2 that it appears could be 2 step punts but he stutter steps first.....so does that really count. And there is one that it looks like he could have 2 stepped but he is out of camera for part of the time so it is really hard to tell.

I revert back to my original statement: He is a 3 step punter. He may be the next Ray Guy but right now he is not there.

But I do agree, starting with his right foot would make him a 2 step punter......if he started with his right foot.......but he doesn't. Watch the film and you will see the truth.

madillsoonerfan5353
2/18/2011, 03:09 PM
:gary:

salth2o
2/18/2011, 10:31 PM
I'm still wondering how you're related to the punter.

My guess is the relation is similar to how you are related to yourself.

Widescreen
2/19/2011, 02:23 AM
Given that he refuses to answer, you may be correct.

Sooner_Tuf
2/19/2011, 02:54 PM
Foil hats on sale this weekend?

yankee
2/19/2011, 03:02 PM
The dramatic music in the background really took the cake for me.

Chrisrokc
6/9/2011, 09:55 PM
Kale is at it again. He has a new video and was at the OU Kicking Camp last weekend. Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9SPIN1P9E

meoveryouxinfinity
6/9/2011, 10:24 PM
This guy has posts from back in 06. The kicker is probably 17 years old. He would have been 12 then.
I'm pretty sure the original poster is not the kicker he is pimping out.

SoonerofAlabama
6/9/2011, 10:51 PM
He has 2 stars according to espn. And no scholly offers.

OUstud
6/10/2011, 01:56 AM
Ummm Im not sure about that.

"During the game (the game being the author's playing days) all my (the author's)hand to kick times are (were; although in this sentence "are" works too)about 2.0-2.3 seconds which is a respectable time in college.. and he (Kale Joyce) was doing that junior year."

OP may or may not be Kale, but he didn't slip up here.

Partial Qualifier
6/10/2011, 08:56 AM
Fubar Thread is Fubar.

boomersooner28
6/10/2011, 09:18 AM
Plz delete

The Maestro
6/10/2011, 10:19 AM
I hope punters never see the field. For us, at least.

fwsooner22
6/10/2011, 01:22 PM
Would be awesome if this kid makes an NCAA roster. If you are trying to help a friend....good for you. Ignore the naysayers they are everywhere.

TIMB0B
6/10/2011, 09:12 PM

thanks for the comments
He holds the ball at an angle. This makes it very difficult to get the ball to spiral when kicking. Tell him to hold the ball straight out with just one hand (right hand since he's right footed), and drop the ball onto the center-right of his foot as he begins to kick. The ball needs to be as parallel with his foot as possible to kick an effective spiral. He masters this, combined with his leg strength, he will definitely increase distance and hang time. Also, couldn't hurt to have him watch some professional punters. It's not as simple as just kicking a ball, there is a little technique involved to consistently kick spirals.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/10/2011, 11:39 PM
he can kick...
but he is no Brad Redell

BoomerJ
6/11/2011, 12:59 AM
When I was in highschool I could kick the pigskin a quarter mile.

o0Dan0o
6/11/2011, 09:27 AM

I can still do that, downhill...

SoonerinSouthlake
6/11/2011, 09:29 AM

Uncle Rico?

Memtig14
6/12/2011, 07:31 PM

Probably would have gone farther if you had taken the pig out first.

JMO