PDA

View Full Version : W&M pitcher

TumbleweedDoom
2/16/2011, 01:45 PM
Anyone notice the Davenport kid for William & Mary is a preseason third-team All-American pitcher? He's 6-foot-8 and had a sub-2.00 ERA last season with better than a strikeout an inning.

I know its the CAA conference, but he should present a good test. Not sure yet when he's pitching.

Sooner11JK
2/16/2011, 02:17 PM
Anyone notice the Davenport kid for William & Mary is a preseason third-team All-American pitcher? He's 6-foot-8 and had a sub-2.00 ERA last season with better than a strikeout an inning.

I know its the CAA conference, but he should present a good test. Not sure yet when he's pitching.

Davenport is slated to throw against Rocha Friday. It's guys like this that make it really hard to expect a team to sweep every non-conference weekend.

Sooner74
2/16/2011, 02:57 PM
Wow no matter what conference you are in a sub 2.00 ERA isn't shabby. Hopefully he will put the boys on their toes from the get go a give us a whirl. The earlier we get tough games, the more prepared we are for later in the season.

rysooner
2/16/2011, 05:19 PM
Yep, one strong arm on the hill can really make a difference. It will be good to see us go against someone like this instead of a guy throwing BP up there.

hvhurricane
2/16/2011, 07:14 PM
Yep, one strong arm on the hill can really make a difference. It will be good to see us go against someone like this instead of a guy throwing BP up there.

Obviously, any pitcher can beat a good hitting team, but our experience should allow us to win all four games this weekend.

StatGeek
2/17/2011, 01:29 AM

impressive