PDA

View Full Version : Portlandia

PDXsooner
2/15/2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone seen this? And if so, what do you think? It's pretty amusing if you haven't seen it.

THE-JROD
2/15/2011, 07:38 PM
Havent, so how bout ya post a link or description about what ur talkin about!!

Penguin
2/15/2011, 08:39 PM
Is that next to Seattlia?

KC//CRIMSON
2/15/2011, 08:48 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but have been thinking about taking a trip to Oregon soon.

sooner ngintunr
2/15/2011, 09:41 PM
The dream of the nineties is alive in Portland Portland.

Put a bird on it.

Blue
2/15/2011, 09:52 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. Don't know if its Tivo worthy just yet.

sooner ngintunr
2/15/2011, 10:00 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. Don't know if its Tivo worthy just yet.

I caught it on demand. My dvr on fridays is pretty open so I think i'm gonna add it.

I thought it was funny as heck. I love the cameos.

I just have a few more questions about the chicken.

rainiersooner
2/15/2011, 10:57 PM
Portland sucks. Worst city in America. Portland licks Seattle's jock strap. Boo! Boo! Boo! :)

sooner ngintunr
2/15/2011, 11:05 PM
Portland>seattle
:pop:

JohnnyMack
2/15/2011, 11:24 PM
Portland>seattle
:pop:

Portland is more approachable than Seattle, but Seattle is overall a much cooler place as far as I'm concerned.

ouleaf
2/16/2011, 01:48 AM
It's pretty funny. For those of you that don't know. It stars Fred Armisen(SNL) and some other girl I can't remember. It's just basically Fred and her's depiction of the different types of people, music, and culture that is unique to Portland. They just amp it up a bit for comedic purposes, but it's pretty spot on. Has some good cameo's in it. It's a short mini-series though....only like 6 episodes.

SunnySooner
2/16/2011, 10:56 AM
We stayed downtown for a few days during the Rose Festival/Fleet week a few years ago while hubby did Navy stuff. Swanky place, government dime, God, I love a good boondoggle. :D

It was fun, very walkable downtown, good restaurants/bars, shopping, a park, overall pretty sweet.

There was a pizza place called Pizza Schmizza, right across from the hotel, and I think we ate there like 4 times. My son still talks about how good that pizza was, prolly his all-time fave, and that's saying something--he's put down a lotta pepperoni in his day. Is it still there, PDX? Good stuff.

Seattle's cool too, love Pike Place Market and Fado, good Irish pub.

Either way, bring your hoodie rain coat, an umbrella means you're a tourist. And yes, it really does rain that much. Really.

Soonerfan88
2/16/2011, 01:16 PM
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=portlandia

C&CDean
2/16/2011, 01:38 PM
It's really too bad all the dykes and fairies, freaks and hairies ruined the northwest part of this country. Some of the most beautiful scenery, great hunting and fishing, etc. ruined by a bunch of galdamned freaks.

I do still enjoy going up there though. It reinforces my self-esteem every time.

PDXsooner
2/16/2011, 02:24 PM
It's really too bad all the dykes and fairies, freaks and hairies ruined the northwest part of this country. Some of the most beautiful scenery, great hunting and fishing, etc. ruined by a bunch of galdamned freaks.

I do still enjoy going up there though. It reinforces my self-esteem every time.

We have Applebee's here, and you can always rent an F-350 penis extension to make you feel more at home. And we have fat chicks too, which I'm sure you're into.

PDXsooner
2/16/2011, 02:27 PM
Here's a link: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=portlandia&st=1&fs=

49r
2/16/2011, 04:22 PM
-DkslcOhytU

C&CDean
2/16/2011, 04:29 PM
We have Applebee's here, and you can always rent an F-350 penis extension to make you feel more at home. And we have fat chicks too, which I'm sure you're into.

1. I've eaten at an Applebee's one time in my life. It blew.

2. I own an F-350, an F-250, and an F-150. Why the **** would I want to rent one up there? Stupid comment.

3. Fat chicks? Oh I know you've got em'. Fat, hairy hippy chicks with enough metal hanging in their faces to make an anchor for the Titanic. Only problem is, I like em' little.

Like I said, it's beautiful up there, but your owl ****ing extremists ruin it for normal people. And by Portland standards, I'd guess they think you're a conservative, and I'd be a downright nazi.

Besides Mt. Hood, Multnoma Falls, the Columbia River and the scenery, this is my favorite thing in Portland: http://www.eatatroses.com/menus/

Their sandwiches are probably some of the best I've ever eaten.

Blue
2/17/2011, 01:31 AM
"The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" was good too. Only 6 episodes but David cross was great.

OULenexaman
2/17/2011, 09:47 AM
Roses better be good for those prices for a sammich...

C&CDean
2/17/2011, 10:04 AM
Roses better be good for those prices for a sammich...

Dude, look at some of the pics of their sammiches. They're ****ing HUGE. I had I think the New Yorker or something like that and the dang thing weighed about 2 pounds. You can easily split one of their sammiches with somebody and both be stuffed.

PDXsooner
2/17/2011, 11:39 AM
I think I'll go to Roses for lunch today. I'm thinking Rueben.

OULenexaman
2/17/2011, 12:13 PM
they is some big *** sammiches....and a great menu.

C&CDean
2/17/2011, 12:15 PM
I think I'll go to Roses for lunch today. I'm thinking Rueben.

Best sammich there. I'm jealous.

Lott's Bandana
2/17/2011, 04:44 PM
Bunk's

Porkbelly Cubano

FTW

btb916
2/17/2011, 10:22 PM
Portland is an awesome town. Thinking of moving there after law school. When I was up there last summer, my wife and I were just getting back from Seattle late one evening. We were cruising downtown looking for a good sushi place. Then next to Pioneer Square, across the street from the Starbucks, there was some impromptu jam session. It was loud, there were lots of people in a circle dancing, and the music was fun. Nothing at all like that in downtown OKC.

btb916
2/17/2011, 10:23 PM
Also the sauce on the crabcakes at the Portland City Grill was fantastic. Yum.

STUpendOUs
2/17/2011, 11:04 PM
1. I've eaten at an Applebee's one time in my life. It blew.

2. I own an F-350, an F-250, and an F-150. Why the **** would I want to rent one up there? Stupid comment.

3. Fat chicks? Oh I know you've got em'. Fat, hairy hippy chicks with enough metal hanging in their faces to make an anchor for the Titanic. Only problem is, I like em' little.

Like I said, it's beautiful up there, but your owl ****ing extremists ruin it for normal people. And by Portland standards, I'd guess they think you're a conservative, and I'd be a downright nazi.

Besides Mt. Hood, Multnoma Falls, the Columbia River and the scenery, this is my favorite thing in Portland: http://www.eatatroses.com/menus/

Their sandwiches are probably some of the best I've ever eaten.

http://voodoodoughnut.com/menu.php

http://30.media.tumblr.com/u7ULmk2Qxnvu8pjxlkbFBgJ9o1_500.jpg

C&CDean
2/18/2011, 09:08 AM
Portland is an awesome town. Thinking of moving there after law school. When I was up there last summer, my wife and I were just getting back from Seattle late one evening. We were cruising downtown looking for a good sushi place. Then next to Pioneer Square, across the street from the Starbucks, there was some impromptu jam session. It was loud, there were lots of people in a circle dancing, and the music was fun. Nothing at all like that in downtown OKC.

Huh? I've seen people dancing in the streets in Norman and OKC. You don't have to go all the ****ing way to Liberalsville for that.

btk108
2/18/2011, 09:15 AM
You want sammiches.....go to Jiggs in Clinton. Order the Kitchen Sink or anything else on the menu.

http://jiggssmokehouse.com/graphics/bottomleft.jpg

PDXsooner
2/18/2011, 01:42 PM

It's that unique "weirdness" that I love about Portland. Some people hate it, and think it's over the top. Personally, I love it.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/24/2011, 07:29 PM
My daughter made me watch the 1st episode on Hulu. It was great. The ads for the new season look great as well. It's likely I'll try to watch.

Petro-Sooner
12/24/2011, 09:58 PM
What channel is this show on?

Jacie
12/25/2011, 01:25 AM
Is that next to Seattlia?

Naw, it is that OKC street between Meridiania and Mayia . . .

SanJoaquinSooner
12/25/2011, 01:54 AM
What channel is this show on?

Independent Film Channel (IFC)

Lott's Bandana
12/27/2011, 10:21 PM
Watching it on Netflix now.

Greatness.

I've experienced all these people in PDX.

I love Portland, so does my camera.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/1/2012, 10:02 PM
on right now. IFC. season preview.

Serge Ibaka
1/1/2012, 10:12 PM
PUT. A. BIRD. ON. IT.

PUT A BIRD ON IT!

yermom
1/2/2012, 02:00 PM
crank that show down a little and you have the hipster scene in Norman...

i was a little bored by it, but some of that is being surrounded by the slightly less extreme versions of those characters quite a bit

SanJoaquinSooner
1/6/2012, 09:33 PM
New season starts in 30 min. Channel IFC

10E 9c 7P

cleller
1/6/2012, 09:38 PM
The Sooners, the South Oval and OU are in Oklahoma. I'm sure Oregon is pretty, but Phil Knight, The Ducks and they're shiny pimp rim helmets are there, too.

I pick Oklahoma.

Petro-Sooner
1/6/2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah. I got a few laughs. Not bad.