PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Games

Leroy Lizard
2/15/2011, 03:39 AM
Notice the Fumblerooskie at the 3:55 mark. Steve Collins was very unappreciated as a Sooner QB.

akxi44b9HLI

Wild game!

s_4e5bQvaFU

Mike Gundy, heh!

9fZF2AxsvNk

Nice QB work by Collins. (He was replaced by Gundy against UT, and OU's production sank.)

AMsk1Z3KIJc

UCLA never could beat us.

x4rQgXQIyRk

yermom
2/15/2011, 04:09 AM
unfortunately, i was there when UCLA got their revenge on us

they picked the perfect year to host us...

i think that was the most inept i've seen an OU offense play

Big D Sooner
2/15/2011, 06:07 AM
The stadium looks so much better now. I had almost forgotten about the AstroTurf it's been so long.

Big D Sooner
2/15/2011, 06:11 AM
When did they brick the walls around the field? I remember when they did all of the renovations, added the East stands, parking garage, etc but I feel like the sideline walls were already brick.

OUTrumpet
2/15/2011, 07:07 AM
When did they brick the walls around the field? I remember when they did all of the renovations, added the East stands, parking garage, etc but I feel like the sideline walls were already brick.

Nope that's when they did it. My freshman year (01) it was still whitewalled and in 02 with all the construction was when it was bricked in.

thurman murman
2/16/2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks for posting those, LeRoy.

There were several names I haven't thought of in a while.

My favorite part was when we dumped three buckets of gatorade on Gibbs after the Pitt game for win number two of the year. What was that all about?

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2011, 11:46 AM
I forgot all about Ike Lewis. He seemed like a great RB, but then vanished. Did he get injured?

We were stacked at QB, with Steve and Tink Collins and Chris Melson. Plus we had the #1 option QB out of Texas in Otis Taylor, but he ended up at WR.

Pricetag
2/16/2011, 02:24 PM
In the '89 Iowa State game, Iowa State went for two and missed when they were down 43-40 late. Great call, Coach.

Mississippi Sooner
2/16/2011, 03:09 PM
In the '89 Iowa State game, Iowa State went for two and missed when they were down 43-40 late. Great call, Coach.

Good ol' Jim Walden. He's still a voting member of the Harris Poll. To his credit, though, he was the only member to vote Florida number one over Ohio State in the final 2006 poll. You may remember that Florida wound up destroying the Buckeyes in the BCS Championship that year.

Still, to go for two when one would have been just as good...that's almost :texan:

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2011, 04:34 PM

IIRC, they had so much trouble kicking a point-after that they went for 2 all the time. Anyone know for sure?

Soonerson1975
2/16/2011, 04:47 PM
If I'm not mistaken in the 1990 Pitt game we had 3 RB's with over 100 rushing yards.

Pricetag
2/16/2011, 04:51 PM
IIRC, they had so much trouble kicking a point-after that they went for 2 all the time. Anyone know for sure?
I think you're right. We blocked their first XP attempt, and then the announcer said that they had no confidence in the kicking game, and they went for two after their second score. I guess if they couldn't make an extra point, they had no chance to win with a field goal, had they recovered the onside kick.

Good thing they hadn't discovered the QB draw yet. That QB looks just as slow as the one they beat us with in '90.

Pricetag
2/16/2011, 04:53 PM
I remember the Tulsa Tribune picker saying that Tink Collins' first name was an apt description of his passes. He drops back--throws--"tink"--the ball hits a water cooler.

Pricetag
2/16/2011, 04:54 PM
Dang, Mike Gaddis was a stud.

MyT Oklahoma
2/16/2011, 09:15 PM
^^ Amen.

ouwasp
2/17/2011, 12:32 AM
That Pitt game was the hottest game I have ever attended. I went down to the concession stand during the second quarter, there were hundreds of fans just standing in the shade, like cows.